The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen??

+22
armchairwarrior
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
aja424
melv500
bhb001
Lance
Coxy001
Herman Jaeger
TopHat24/7
AdamT
catchweight
Hammersmith harrier
Steffan
Dipper Brown
bellchees
Mad for Chelsea
Rowley
kingraf
BoxingFan88
irishbrads
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen?? - Page 2 Empty Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen??

Post by irishbrads Mon 18 Apr 2016, 8:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi

i know there is another thread on the Fury v klitshcko 2 fight so apologies, I've created this thread as i wanted your views on if the fight will even happen or not, reason being is a stag i'm going on is planned around this fight taking place in Manchester on 9th July, last thing i want is a rainy weekend in Manchester if the fights not happening.  

I have some concerns that the fight will take place let alone it taking place in Manchester.  the latest from klitshcko is he has announced the fight on Instagram but said the venue is yet to be confirmed, that was almost 2 weeks ago,  the Fury camp have announced that it will take place in Manchester and even held some sort of press conference with Warren who has announced it will be shown on Box nation and Hennessy, no sign of Klitshcko.  Klitshcko has also retweeted a boxnation tweet announcing the fight being shown on box nation but that's it.

I usually take very little heed in what David Haye says but he made a valid point in an IFL interview last week that until the Klitshcko camp announce the fight will take place in Manchester, nothing is confirmed, he also said he heard from members of the Klitshcko camp that the fight is actually planned for Germany!!!

No mention even of tickets on sale yet and the fight is only approx 10-11 weeks away!!  What do you guys think?

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen??

Post by aja424 Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:09 am

Don't think he's bothered what people think about him to be honest.
Like it or not, he's the worlds Number 1 Heavyweight.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko, will it even happen??

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 28 Apr 2016, 9:16 am

Reckon Fury will be done by 30.

He'll have made the wedge he wants and be able to live comfortably for the rest of his life, happy that he was the man to be able to dethrone King K.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Thu 28 Apr 2016, 9:59 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:happy that he was the man to be able to dethrone King K.

Dethrone is bold description of that fight. I haven't seen the compubox stats but I imagine they make for grim reading. Barely a punch thrown by either fighter and Fury clowning his way to a victory by throwing 3 punches to Wlad's 1 in each round.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:15 am

If it was that easy why haven't the 20-30 opponents that went before him done that?

Point is he did what no other fighter had been able to do in a decade or more before.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 28 Apr 2016, 10:33 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:If it was that easy why haven't the 20-30 opponents that went before him done that?

Point is he did what no other fighter had been able to do in a decade or more before.

Is it better to win a fight landing 80? Or lose landing 200?

Wlad was undefeated for over a decade. No matter the level of competition, he beat the best available for over a decade. Fury deserves credit.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:55 pm

I give Fury and his team credit for beating Wlad because they took away his fight plan and the Ukrainian did not have a plan B. With hindsight it was obvious because all the other opponents tried to either knock him out or fight Wlad's fight.
I do not like Fury - I never have - and I am really starting to get annoyed with his "I'm a fat man / I'm a victim" act, as I think are a lot of the general public. I am beginning to think that he is a bit of a one-trick pony. He doesn't have good one punch power for a 6ft 9" behemoth & seems to either spoil to win or overwhelms an overmatched opponent.
It's a shame really. We have a bona fide heavyweight champ and half the boxing fans don't like him. The whole "maverick" thing looks like a massive "please like me" campaign by a man with quite low self-esteem.
My interpretation of July's fight will be Wlad finding a way to beat Fury with both retiring from boxing at the end of it. Tyson strikes me as a fighter who had one goal: win the title. Now he's achieved it he has little or no motivation left.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 28 Apr 2016, 5:33 pm

What a load of drivel...

7-5 in rounds against a fraud that crapped his pants when he saw a guy that was bigger than he was in there with him..

Good luck to those attending but I'd rather watch Mamma Mia with red..

Wlad has lost his bollox and Fury will be safety first again and who can blame him..

Never look a gift horse etc...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Fri 29 Apr 2016, 7:25 am

It's all an act with Fury Mr Bounce, he's playing a game and actually better at it than most as he really doesn't care about being liked. Hes like the Punk Rocker of boxing at the moment subverting everything - the fat man, not being an athlete. It's actually hilarious because he won, it's all true!..he beat Wladimir on points in his back yard. Fury is heaping all the pressure on Wlad by mocking him as there is every chance Fury could do it again. Wlad got beaten by a guy dressed as Batman in the press conference last time! Wlad got beaten by a bloke who drank beer and ate Pies for months, Wlad got beaten by...you name it.

If he gets under people's skin then he's achieving what he wants. If people like him, he's achieving what he wants..it's very nihilistic.

I actually fear for Wlad more if he loses...put him on suicide watch as in his eyes what will he have just lost to (twice)

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Apr 2016, 7:44 am

Yes this misogynistic, homophobic, brainless idiot character Fury's created is quite an act..

Let's hope it's one off..We don't want to be spoiled and have too much of a good thing..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 29 Apr 2016, 7:53 am

Wlad will be defending the honor of "your queen and Elton john" this time. This time it's not even personal. This time it's impersonal.

Yeah I expect to the same fight again. No problem with fury's antics. You stick a microphone in his face, you expect trash to come from his mouth. I'd be disappointed if he toned it down. Sky have there "heavyweight" champion, fury has hennissey, he needs all the promotional help he can get.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Apr 2016, 7:55 am

Each to their own..

Pays your money..Takes your choice.

Have a good weekend. .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Fri 29 Apr 2016, 12:23 pm

If it does Klitschko actually needs to throw punches before round 10. Get the feeling he'd go out on his shield against the slob this time. Joshua would annihilate both in my opinion and is the next real champion in waiting.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Apr 2016, 12:26 pm

jimdig wrote:Wlad will be defending the honor of "your queen and Elton john" this time. This time it's not even personal. This time it's impersonal.

Yeah I expect to the same fight again. No problem with fury's antics. You stick a microphone in his face, you expect trash to come from his mouth. I'd be disappointed if he toned it down. Sky have there "heavyweight" champion, fury has hennissey, he needs all the promotional help he can get.
Surely one and the same...

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 29 Apr 2016, 12:43 pm

He might only have sold 20, 000 tickets but the prices were extortionate.

$25 to watch Golovkin in NY. £110 to sit in the cheap seats for this one (unless you were lucky to land one of the five £75 tickets that came up!).

Last edited by hazharrison on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Apr 2016, 1:25 pm

This is the problem with Hennessy not having the nuts/experience to make it a Stadium fight Haz. No PPV to boost the revenue and a relatively small amount of tickets actually available. Even as challenger Wlad is unlikely to be coming over for peanuts and Fury will want a decent purse. The revenue needs making up somewhere, pity it is us fans that get the shaft (again)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 29 Apr 2016, 2:25 pm

Rowley wrote:This is the problem with Hennessy not having the nuts/experience to make it a Stadium fight Haz. No PPV to boost the revenue and a relatively small amount of tickets actually available. Even as challenger Wlad is unlikely to be coming over for peanuts and Fury will want a decent purse. The revenue needs making up somewhere, pity it is us fans that get the shaft (again)

I'm amazed it's not PPV (unless you count BoxNation's subs fee as PPV). Great fight to attend, though. It's not often UK fans get to watch a fight for the genuine world heavyweight championship. I just hope Fury turns up in good nick.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 30 Apr 2016, 9:16 pm

Not sure the appeal for this fight is as big as Rowley thinks...

First fight was a stinker......and Wlad is a boring EE ...

My guess is Hennessy probably knows a little more about promoting than some of the people insulting him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 01 May 2016, 1:47 pm

Fury appears to have zero motivation for this fight. I wonder whether he just walks away during camp. If he's sick of boxing now, he'll be far worse once Peter Fury starts making him shift 3 stone.

It would be a travesty to let WK back in. The only saving grace is that AJ would destroy Klitschko.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2016, 2:03 pm

The problem with Tyson Fury's latest speech was that it is beginning to sound like he is denigrating / disrespecting the entire sport of boxing and by association the boxing fans that pay good money to see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 01 May 2016, 2:08 pm

If Fury is even half as unmotivated as he sounds, Klitschko looks like a steal at even money. Klitschko will be putting everything into his training camp.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 01 May 2016, 3:25 pm

Nore Staat wrote:The problem with Tyson Fury's latest speech was that it is beginning to sound like he is denigrating / disrespecting the entire sport of boxing and by association the boxing fans that pay good money to see it.

That's a bit of a stretch - he's struggling to get motivated after achieving his dream. Happens to loads of fighters - Tyson's just candid enough to say it.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 01 May 2016, 5:03 pm

Is Fury about to do a Buster Douglas? Win the biggest fight of his life against all odds, to then turn up out of shape and unmotivated. Hopefully this I a tactical /mind game and he's about to get serious. Hard to tell with Fury.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 01 May 2016, 5:54 pm

Douglas v Holy was postponed a month by Mirage owner Steve Wynn so he could get in better shape..To no avail..

Shame really Douglas was very talented...In shape it was a 40/60 fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 01 May 2016, 6:46 pm

Douglas had a great jab and good skills. Was his problems mental? Dedication also, perhaps?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 01 May 2016, 7:25 pm

AdamT wrote:Is Fury about to do a Buster Douglas? Win the biggest fight of his life against all odds, to then turn up out of shape and unmotivated. Hopefully this I a tactical /mind game and he's about to get serious. Hard to tell with Fury.

He very well could but, unlike Buster, Fury won't roll over. He'll need putting away.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 01 May 2016, 7:32 pm

AdamT wrote:Douglas had a great jab and good skills. Was his problems mental? Dedication also, perhaps?

He'd used personal crisis to motivate him against Tyson - for one night only he fought like a man possessed. Going in with Tyson at that point was akin to facing the guillotine. Buster was able to harness his fear and, motivated by the death of his mother, pushed himself to a level of mental fortitude he hasn't managed previously (and couldn't do again). He was a satisfied fighter after the Tyson win and slipped into a deep depression after the Holy defeat.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 01 May 2016, 10:16 pm

Yes his mother dying, gave him the care free attitude.

Sometimes when the pressure is off and nobody expects something, the underdog can raise their game. Happens all sports.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 10:47 am

Tyson Fury according to the BBC will 100% retire after this fight in July 2016.  One wonders just how he got involved in Boxing to begin with.  It seems he only got into it for the money.  So as long as he doesn't waste what he has already won / earned plus the few million pounds for this rematch he can retire from the sport and earn some money on the side from his now celebrity status. His autobiography would probably be sellable too. He is certainly an interesting character.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36183610

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 02 May 2016, 3:20 pm

Good luck to Fury if that's what he truly wants. But it's hard to imagine him leaving paydays against Haye and Joshua on the table.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 10:47 am

More BS from Fury desperate to be loved. He's like Mayweather in that he craves the approval of people who would be happier watching him have his head taken clean off his shoulders.

Mayweather's been reported recently as saying people are always asking him if he's coming back (No, they're not Floyd. Genuinely, no-one cares about you) and Fury's comments seems like a desperate attempt to get people to beg him to stay and fight AJ.

It's pathetic. "I'm going to live in America cos they won't hate me for being a gypsy or a winner" No, they'll just hate you for being a c*nt.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 May 2016, 10:51 am

No one cares about the biggest box office draw in Boxing..

That's interesting..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 10:55 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No one cares about the biggest box office draw in Boxing..

That's interesting..
Yes, he's a bell end of the highest order. He could fall off a cliff tomorrow and no-one would care. It's like the time he "retired" then came back claiming boxing needed him...it didn't, it was doing just fine.....twunt!

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 03 May 2016, 11:03 am

Many loathe Floyd. Many admire his skills and are fans. I bet if he does return, his fight will gather more interest than any other this year. More money as well.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 11:04 am

What can I say, people are stupid. Not pointing any fingers at anyone but......

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 03 May 2016, 12:32 pm

AdamT wrote:Many loathe Floyd. Many admire his skills and are fans. I bet if he does return, his fight will gather more interest than any other this year. More money as well.

his retirement fight only did 500k (probably), wouldnt be surprised if youre wrong. Unless he markets it well. Flaming chimpanzees, Justin Bieber... that kind of gimmicks
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 03 May 2016, 12:35 pm

Off the back off people being disappointed forking out $100 for the Pac fight. How did Pac's last fight do?? He was in the same boat. I believe he did less than 400K buys.

The thing is, people will suck it all up. His big comeback (again) Floyd could do million plus fighting Garcia or the like next.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 12:38 pm

kingraf wrote:
AdamT wrote:Many loathe Floyd. Many admire his skills and are fans. I bet if he does return, his fight will gather more interest than any other this year. More money as well.

his retirement fight only did 500k (probably), wouldnt be surprised if youre wrong. Unless he markets it well. Flaming chimpanzees, Justin Bieber... that kind of gimmicks
His last two fights have made him a lot of money but as fights were pretty much non-events. Anyone thinking Mayweather will come back and change the habit of a lifetime by taking on a genuinely dangerous opponent should be beaten senseless and have all their money taken from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 03 May 2016, 12:38 pm

Has Floyd never had a dangerous opponent???

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 03 May 2016, 12:42 pm

AdamT wrote:Off the back off people being disappointed forking out $100 for the Pac fight. How did Pac's last fight do?? He was in the same boat. I believe he did less than 400K buys.

The thing is, people will suck it all up. His big comeback (again) Floyd could do million plus fighting Garcia or the like next.

There's nothing bi about coming back after 12 months. Or thirteen. Maybe 2019ish then people have forgotten being ripped off, but less than you don't wait a year to renew a series which had crappy ratings at the end and hope people buy the whole "come back" facade
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 12:43 pm

AdamT wrote:Has Floyd never had a dangerous opponent???
There's dangerous and there's dangerous*

*Media/Mayweather definition of all-conquering Goliath who has laid waste to all in his path up to this moment. In the interests of fairness, Wlad also used the same definition and even David Haye appears to be getting in on the act although that term is yet to usurp his current favourite "By fighting (insert name) I'm giving the world what they want to see"

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 03 May 2016, 12:49 pm

I think he would like to fight Garcia. He would probably get good numbers, for an easy nights work.

Or better yet! Fight Canelo for another bumper pay day.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 03 May 2016, 1:21 pm

If he can fight Garcia for $100m then you can't really blame him.

Purists would like to see the Golovkin fight at 154 but you'd have to be a moron to turn down Garcia for that money. It's a 12-round waltz.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 03 May 2016, 1:22 pm

He won't fight GGG at 154. Canelo is a possibility at 155.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 03 May 2016, 1:27 pm

AdamT wrote:He won't fight GGG at 154. Canelo is a possibility at 155.

I can't see how they'd flog that rematch. The first fight was abysmal.

At least with Garcia they can do the P4P nonsense they used for Guerrero etc. Pretty sure it's a done deal (that's the big whisper around the camp fire).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 1:31 pm

hazharrison wrote:If he can fight Garcia for $100m then you can't really blame him.

Purists would like to see the Golovkin fight at 154 but you'd have to be a moron to turn down Garcia for that money. It's a 12-round waltz.
Anyone willing to guarantee him $100m for that stinker needs taking out and shooting...in the face....with a cannon...twice

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 03 May 2016, 2:01 pm

DAVE667 wrote:More BS from Fury desperate to be loved. He's like Mayweather in that he craves the approval of people who would be happier watching him have his head taken clean off his shoulders.

Mayweather's been reported recently as saying people are always asking him if he's coming back (No, they're not Floyd. Genuinely, no-one cares about you) and Fury's comments seems like a desperate attempt to get people to beg him to stay and fight AJ.

It's pathetic. "I'm going to live in America cos they won't hate me for being a gypsy or a winner" No, they'll just hate you for being a c*nt.

I don't see that from Fury. He genuinely doesn't appear to care less what people care think about him. He was well aware no-one wanted to see him beat Klitschko (in this country) which I thought he was off the mark about but nope, seems he was dead on in retrospect.

I believe he'll walk away after Klitschko (who I expect will win the rematch). He'll probably come back again down the road but, unlike Mayweather, it won't be a tactic to boost his appeal. Fury, for all his faults, is a genuine bloke. I believe him when he says he took this fight for the cash. He's achieved his dream - it'll be tough to motivate himself for this one.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 03 May 2016, 2:05 pm

I think a Canelo rematch is easy to sell to casual fans/Floyd haters.

"Canelo was too green last time"

"He had trouble with the catchweight"

"He is much better now and Floyd is old"

"He won't show Floyd the same level of respect and be out for revenge"

That is just a few stupid reasons that could be used.

Also Canelo has a big fan base in his own right and I'm sure the Mexicans would pay, believing their local hero would pull it off this time.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 03 May 2016, 2:12 pm

AdamT wrote:I think a Canelo rematch is easy to sell to casual fans/Floyd haters.

"Canelo was too green last time"

"He had trouble with the catchweight"

"He is much better now and Floyd is old"

"He won't show Floyd the same level of respect and be out for revenge"

That is just a few stupid reasons that could be used.

Also Canelo has a big fan base in his own right and I'm sure the Mexicans would pay, believing their local hero would pull it off this time.

Hey, if they can sell half the crap they have previously, I'm sure they could sell a Canelo rematch.

I'll bet a large wedge it's Garcia, though. That's the big rumour doing the rounds.

Last edited by hazharrison on Tue 03 May 2016, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 03 May 2016, 2:14 pm

Yes I have heard the same rumours. The undefeated p4p rated, 2 weight world champ, who decimated Amir Khan.

It would sell, but everyone knows Garcia hasn't the style to upset Floyd.

Garcia does raise his game for big fights, but Floyd is too good defensively.

The build up would be car crash tv, especially between the two crazy dads.

The fight would be a one sided unanimous decision, with little thrills.

Last edited by AdamT on Tue 03 May 2016, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 03 May 2016, 2:19 pm

AdamT wrote:Yes I have heard the same rumours. The undefeated p4p, 2 weight world champ, who decimated Amir Khan.

It would sell, but anyone knows Garcia hasn't the style to upset Floyd.

Garcia does raise his game for big fights, but Floyd is too good defensively.

The build up would be car crash tv, especially between the two crazy dads.

Hopefully Truss will keep it interesting by championing Garcia.

Too young......underachiever.......P4P.......knocked out Khan......who hasn't been outboxed....etc. etc.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next