The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next for Joshua?

+24
Rodney
Mr Bounce
bhb001
wheelchair1991
milkyboy
Rowley
mobilemaster8
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Knowsit17
hazharrison
Hammersmith harrier
ShahenshahG
kingraf
bellchees
Lance
catchweight
Ronikara
Coxy001
smashingstormcrow
hampo17
BoxingFan88
TopHat24/7
Adam D
jon200
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Next for Joshua? - Page 2 Empty Next for Joshua?

Post by jon200 Thu 21 Apr 2016, 8:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Who do you guys think AJ should go in with for his first defence in June?

I think Stiverne would be a decent match - should be durable enough to take some of AJ's shots so it isn't an early night, definitely winnable for AJ and Stiverne is definitely capable of upsetting the apple cart.

jon200

Back to top Go down

Next for Joshua? - Page 2 Empty Re: Next for Joshua?

Post by melv500 Wed 27 Apr 2016, 10:45 am

I agree about Price rebranding but i bet there is more than enough mugs out there who'd fork out for it. Hearn no doubt trying to tell everyone what a huge threat Price is with his power then North V South. It would be a huge mismatch IMO but no doubt they will come in their droves for tickets and PPV.

Price said one win and he gets IBF ranking, sadly I can see it happening providing the stiff he faces next doesn't tag him.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Apr 2016, 10:45 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Would like to see that Hughie Fury fight actually.......
Anyone wanting to leapfrog the HW queue just needs to flatten Hughie and say that he was probably the better of the two cousins. The Gypsy King will move heaven and earth to defend his family's honour

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 28 Apr 2016, 5:57 pm

Master stroke by Hearn getting the useless Martin over here...

Like any smart businessman he'll milk him till the public get sick of easy wins...like Brook.

He is a businessman first and foremost...

Money at minimum risk..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 10:09 pm

Joshua - 'I'm the underdog in this fight' picard

I see sky sports already promoting some kind of spat between the two, in a desperate attempt to gain some attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 05 May 2016, 9:06 am

This is a KO1.

The thing I like about Joshua is his genuine nasty streak. All the great heavyweights had it (I'm not suggesting he's a great heavyweight but he has great potential).

Signing with Showtime would suggest a Wilder fight next year. Joshua would rag Deontay all over but it'd be a fun fight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 05 May 2016, 12:11 pm

LiamB wrote:Joshua - 'I'm the underdog in this fight' picard

I see sky sports already promoting some kind of spat between the two, in a desperate attempt to gain some attention.

I saw that last night, pitiful. Followed up with joshua demonstrating how Brezeale fights square-on with some female sky sports presenter... who frankly had a better stance than Brezeale. Joshua then demonstrates his grasp of the fundamentals by talking about Brezeale being a southpaw which means he leads with his left and looks for a big right hand.

Entertaining and educational, that's sky sports.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 05 May 2016, 2:18 pm

Does anyone have the same problem as me in warming to Joshua ? He plays the media role brilliantly and hasn't said anything untoward but he really riles me for some reason and I find myself rooting for his opponent in each fight, get the feeling he isn't the media darling he portrays (could be wrong)

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 05 May 2016, 2:27 pm

I want Joshua to win at the moment as it creates a decent bit of interest

It is hard to route for him though when Eddie is constantly talking a load of crap and AJ is clearly playing up to the cameras

The casuals all love him as well which is annoying when the are believing that Brezeale is a decent matchup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 05 May 2016, 2:39 pm

Rodney wrote:Does anyone have the same problem as me in warming to Joshua ? He plays the media role brilliantly and hasn't said anything untoward but he really riles me for some reason and I find myself rooting for his opponent in each fight, get the feeling he isn't the media darling he portrays (could be wrong)

Cheers, Rodders

I'm in your camp on this one rodders, the manufactured persona gets my goat. I'm torn though because he's a genuine talent and potentially a huge British superstar, so it feels churlish to not like him for no real reason!!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 05 May 2016, 2:45 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Rodney wrote:Does anyone have the same problem as me in warming to Joshua ? He plays the media role brilliantly and hasn't said anything untoward but he really riles me for some reason and I find myself rooting for his opponent in each fight, get the feeling he isn't the media darling he portrays (could be wrong)

Cheers, Rodders

I'm in your camp on this one rodders, the manufactured persona gets my goat. I'm torn though because he's a genuine talent and potentially a huge British superstar, so it feels churlish to not like him for no real reason!!

I agree us northerners are hard to please mate.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 05 May 2016, 2:46 pm

I remember Damien saying he met him when he covered the Wembley show, said he was so far up his own ass that you could take an instant dislike to the guy.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 05 May 2016, 3:07 pm

Personality outside the ring is fake and annoying, but I only care about when he's in the ring and there his personality is spiteful & vicious - perfect!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 3:57 pm

I still like that David Haye fellow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 05 May 2016, 4:01 pm

Unless they're rapists or child molesters I never worry too much about their personalities outside the ring. Also, stories about fighters being A-holes when meeting fans don't concern me. It must be frustrating for fighters to meet fans everyday, asking them the same questions over and over again.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 05 May 2016, 4:24 pm

... Especially when the fan is Damian Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 05 May 2016, 4:25 pm

Atila wrote:Unless they're rapists or child molesters I never worry too much about their personalities outside the ring. Also, stories about fighters being A-holes when meeting fans don't concern me. It must be frustrating for fighters to meet fans everyday, asking them the same questions over and over again.

You ever liked that Leonard chap much though did you bud!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 05 May 2016, 4:27 pm

I did once, but he was never a real favourite of mine. Prefer him to Hatton though.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 05 May 2016, 9:45 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Personality outside the ring is fake and annoying, but I only care about when he's in the ring and there his personality is spiteful & vicious - perfect!!

Certain people like Rodney make up pitiful excuses not to like somebody but it's just the fact he's a Hearn fighter, these are the same people who like Tyson Fury for christ sake.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 05 May 2016, 10:00 pm

Atila wrote:Unless they're rapists or child molesters I never worry too much about their personalities outside the ring. Also, stories about fighters being A-holes when meeting fans don't concern me. It must be frustrating for fighters to meet fans everyday, asking them the same questions over and over again.

I'd agree except on this occasion Damien was there as part of the media, ahh I miss the days of press passes, not the last person I've heard say this either. Personally I don't care what they do out of the ring, I only care what they do when the step between the ropes.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 05 May 2016, 10:44 pm

I think he comes across as a media trained person reading from a script but I have little doubt hes been coached into a persona for marketing purposes. This kind of artificial manufacturing and marketing will natually make it hard for a lot of people to connect but will also appeal to a lot of others who take it at face value. I guess it comes down to whether or not you buy into what hes selling. Its going to be a big few months for the heavyweight division now in terms of the passing of the guard. I would like to see Wilder and Fury get rid of Povetkin and Klitchko once and for all (with Joshua sending Haye back to reality tv sooner rather than later) but there is every chance of it reverting to type.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 06 May 2016, 10:04 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Personality outside the ring is fake and annoying, but I only care about when he's in the ring and there his personality is spiteful & vicious - perfect!!

Certain people like Rodney make up pitiful excuses not to like somebody but it's just the fact he's a Hearn fighter, these are the same people who like Tyson Fury for christ sake.

Say's the fella who cant say a good word about Kovalev or GGG for some reason, many less judgmental people would say you have the agenda bonny lad. This is the same fella who likes Floyd Mayweather for christ sake.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 May 2016, 12:47 pm

I quite like Joshua's malevolent side. He reminds me of George Foreman Mark II: media savvy and fake happy-go-lucky persona masking a heart of granite.

Really like Fury (less a fan of the way he fights). Can't abide Haye (chats s hit - will get banged).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 06 May 2016, 12:57 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

Say's the fella who cant say a good word about Kovalev or GGG for some reason, many less judgmental people would say you have the agenda bonny lad. This is the same fella who likes Floyd Mayweather for christ sake.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 06 May 2016, 1:46 pm

Fury fights boring but the some of the stuff (boxing related) he comes out with cracks me up and at least he gets people talking

I'm a fan of the way Khan fights and will be routing for him all the way tomorrow. I know he says some stupid stuff at times but I don't really think the intellect of a fighter should bother people that much

I feel that with some people on this forum Fury and Khan can not do right all because people in the UK hate a trash talker or someone who hypes himself up a lot

At the end of the day they are in the selling business so pardon me for cheering on fighters who don't feel the need to constantly be "the humble hero"

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2