The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafael Nadal has filed his defamation lawsuit today in Paris against Roselyne Bachelot.

+18
kingraf
It Must Be Love
dummy_half
Belovedluckyboy
Guest82
djlovesyou
Matchpoint
Henman Bill
JuliusHMarx
TRuffin
sportslover
bogbrush
lydian
erictheblueuk
socal1976
Born Slippy
Haddie-nuff
hawkeye
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Rafael Nadal has filed his defamation lawsuit today in Paris against Roselyne Bachelot. - Page 5 Empty Rafael Nadal has filed his defamation lawsuit today in Paris against Roselyne Bachelot.

Post by hawkeye Mon 25 Apr - 18:47

First topic message reminder :

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/724617054440054784

Don't know how to post the copy of the lawsuit shown on this link?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Rafael Nadal has filed his defamation lawsuit today in Paris against Roselyne Bachelot. - Page 5 Empty Re: Rafael Nadal has filed his defamation lawsuit today in Paris against Roselyne Bachelot.

Post by Guest Tue 3 May - 13:30

I know people get suspicious on issues related to recovery time but there have been improvements in knowledge how to best recover (warming down, ice - cool bath therapy, vitamins & minerals, nutrition etc). Having tournament level transparency in the tournament testing regime, + who was tested, when they were tested, what they were tested for, and what the results were would be helpful. Here this is related to changes in performance during a tournament - which would imply the player was doing something during the tournament rather than outside of the tournament.

Back to top Go down

Rafael Nadal has filed his defamation lawsuit today in Paris against Roselyne Bachelot. - Page 5 Empty Re: Rafael Nadal has filed his defamation lawsuit today in Paris against Roselyne Bachelot.

Post by bogbrush Tue 3 May - 16:07

Nore Staat wrote:I know people get suspicious on issues related to recovery time but there have been improvements in knowledge how to best recover (warming down, ice - cool bath therapy, vitamins & minerals, nutrition etc).  Having tournament level transparency in the tournament testing regime, + who was tested, when they were tested, what they were tested for, and what the results were would be helpful.  Here this is related to changes in performance during a tournament - which would imply the player was doing something during the tournament rather than outside of the tournament.
I see professional footballers who play for 90 minutes in a team game who can't handle two games a week over an extended period, then watch tennis players handle 2-6 hours every two days for a fortnight. Yes, there's substantial stand-down time in a tennis match, but equally there's the same in football. The footballers in more exposed positions even get substituted to handle it.

I'm not on about change in tournament, I'm talking over a year or so.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Belovedluckyboy Tue 3 May - 16:31

But, which tennis player doesnt play 2 to 6 hours match for a fortnight during slams when he or she reaches the final or winning, or even only reaching the SF?

Fed, Nadal, Djoko, Murray are the usual suspects, and lately the likes of Stan, Berdych and before that Ferrer.

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 3 May - 17:31

Well we all know slams are also survival of the fittest to make it to Round 7 (the final).
Its by no coincidence that the best 5-6 players are also the 5-6 fittest...and yes skilled.
Recovery is almost more important than endurance in the match...for my money its what actually separates the guys more.
You'll often see long matches in early slam rounds...going to 8-6 in the 5th, etc...but its the next match where most of the lesser guys cant turn it on again because they simply don't recover as well as the top guys.
So, is that conditioning, recovery methods, genetics, diet...or a little help from elsewhere...or all of it?
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 3 May - 18:53

bogbrush wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:I know people get suspicious on issues related to recovery time but there have been improvements in knowledge how to best recover (warming down, ice - cool bath therapy, vitamins & minerals, nutrition etc).  Having tournament level transparency in the tournament testing regime, + who was tested, when they were tested, what they were tested for, and what the results were would be helpful.  Here this is related to changes in performance during a tournament - which would imply the player was doing something during the tournament rather than outside of the tournament.
I see professional footballers who play for 90 minutes in a team game who can't handle two games a week over an extended period, then watch tennis players handle 2-6 hours every two days for a fortnight. Yes, there's substantial stand-down time in a tennis match, but equally there's the same in football. The footballers in more exposed positions even get substituted to handle it.

I'm not on about change in tournament, I'm talking over a year or so.
That's not a bad comparison.  There was an assumption that footballers were all on PEDs but the recent drug test failure of Liverpool player Sakho for some dieting drug plus the admission of commentator Jermaine Jenas saying he only took water and paracetamol for any pain or illness when he was playing because he was terrified of failing a drugs test - and that was what the club medic told him he could only use, does suggest the Premiership at least is running a tight ship.

I suppose one significant difference between footballers and tennis players is that football is a contact sport and some of the contact can be pretty damaging on the body (pushing, grabbing, barging, elbows, crunching tackles and fouls).

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Tue 3 May - 23:02

Massive difference between football and tennis though. I play both to a decent standard. I could play 2 3 set matches in a day with ease. It takes me a couple of days to recover from 90 minutes football. I wouldn't use that as a reason for suspicion.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri 6 May - 0:20

Breaking news Rafael Nadal has filed his defamation lawsuit today in London against 606 version 2.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 6 May - 19:39

Breaking news Djokovic Mk II has filed his defamation lawsuit today in London against Djokovic Mk I.

ps actually I made that up. Sorry warning

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 7 May - 1:51

bogbrush wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:That's fair Bogbrush, but there is also another element which is genetic; some people may have athletes in their family which may suggest they have an inherent advantage, like how some people are naturally more talented at net-play, some people may be naturally more athletic.
In which case their performance wouldn't change over the short term.

In Nadal's case his injury issues and foot/knee issues are very well documented. The road back to match fitness has been marred with early losses during some years.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 7 May - 1:54

laverfan wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:That's fair Bogbrush, but there is also another element which is genetic; some people may have athletes in their family which may suggest they have an inherent advantage, like how some people are naturally more talented at net-play, some people may be naturally more athletic.
In which case their performance wouldn't change over the short term.

In Nadal's case his injury issues and foot/knee issues are very well documented. The road back to match fitness has been marred with early losses during some years.
I don't think Bogbrush was referring to Nadal with his comment there; I think my performance he meant 'stamina'-type performance.
Obviously overall tennis performance can vary for 100s of reasons apart from doping, I mean even Federer when he mentally improved within around a year went from a head-case to undisputed number 1.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 7 May - 6:08

It Must Be Love wrote:... I mean even Federer when he mentally improved within around a year went from a head-case to undisputed number 1.  

You should watch Sampras's pre-match interview before he played Federer. Federer is still a head-case. Carter did wonders for his career, otherwise he would be nowhere (relatively speaking), IMVHO.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 7 May - 6:31

...and his sports psychologist helped greatly as Fed had a tendency to panic early on in his career. But playing legend Sampras at 19 yo meant he had nothing to lose so the panic issue wasnt to the fore. But much of the credit for mental improvement should lie with Federer...too much credit goes to coaches IMO. Federer had greatness within, sometimes though it takes time to be able to self handle the god given talent handed out.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 7 May - 13:42

lydian wrote:...though it takes time to be able to self handle the god given talent handed out.

There's hope for me yet then.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 7 May - 14:30

laverfan wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:... I mean even Federer when he mentally improved within around a year went from a head-case to undisputed number 1.  

You should watch Sampras's pre-match interview before he played Federer. Federer is still a head-case. Carter did wonders for his career, otherwise he would be nowhere (relatively speaking), IMVHO.
I agree!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5