The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foley to return to WWE?

+2
Crimey
ADMIN
6 posters

Go down

Foley to return to WWE? Empty Foley to return to WWE?

Post by ADMIN Fri 03 Jun 2011, 6:21 pm

taken from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/722852-wwe-mick-foley-teases-wwe-return-after-impact-wrestling-firing

Mick Foley, a name synonymous with the WWE, synonymous with the Attitude Era and known worldwide as the hardcore legend, could well be returning to the company within this year.

Thursday night on Impact Wrestling saw the storyline firing of Foley, who wasn't even present at the show.

Here is what Foley made of his firing on Twitter:

"Wait, I was FIRED?!? Are you CEREAL..I mean SERIOUS?!?"

He added, "Wait, I just checked my DVR and it cut out during Bischoff's speech. I can't be fired; I just got back a few weeks ago. Right?"

This seems to be the nail in the coffin of Foley's career in TNA, as relations between Foley and management have been stretched since last year.

Indeed, in the fall of 2010 in an interview with GeekWeek.com, Foley stated that he was not planning to renew his contract with the organisation when it expires in early September of this year.

However, Foley seems to have given a hint of his future plans on Twitter by teasing a return to the WWE:

"Good point @DHStom - I think @mikethemiz might need a new assistant..and I need a new job. Interesting, huh?"

Just a month or so ago, Foley took a direct shot at TNA by comparing a TNA house show with an empty arena match on Twitter:

"Maybe so, but 2 days later, I trapped @TheRock under a pallet of beer kegs to win the WWE strap in an Empty Arena Match aka TNA house show."

Today, Foley tweeted the following after a fan brought up the fact that Foley could have appeared on The Rock's birthday party on Raw:

"Good thing Mick had to stay around for 3 weeks rather than be at @TheRock 's bday bash. #baddecisions"

So, the only question remaining now is whether or not the WWE will have Foley back after he defected to TNA back in 2008. At the time, his relationship with Vince was very strained over Vince reportedly shouting at him through the headset during his time as a commentator, and as a result Foley let his WWE contract expire—much like he is doing now with TNA.

However, Vince is a businessman; he knows that Mick Foley is still very popular with long-time WWE fans, and the potential to have him back in the company putting over young talent is surely an opportunity that cannot be missed. After reading Foley's book "The Hardcore Diaries," I have to say that Foley is a very creative thinker and if WWE let him utilise those skills, it could be very beneficial to the company.

There are also rumours about a possible second season of Tough Enough, which has by and large been a huge success since it returned. Who better to be a trainer than the hardcore icon himself—the man who has always tried to help younger stars and has a wealth of knowledge spanning all aspects of the business? He almost went to TNA in 2006 for that very purpose alone, despite knowing he would be taking a large pay cut.

There have been a few articles on this site recently regarding people who deserve a second chance in the WWE, but I think Foley is as deserving as anyone of a place among the WWE because he can benefit the company hugely in every department.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Foley to return to WWE? Empty Re: Foley to return to WWE?

Post by Crimey Sat 04 Jun 2011, 5:00 am

The only problem with bringing Foley back is...where do you put him?

Sure, he's brilliant on the mic and can help to put people over, but where the hell does he fit into WWE at the moment?

It's unlikely he'll go back to commentating, he has very clearly said he doesn't enjoy it, and even without McMahon shouting at him (which will always happen) I still don't think he'd enjoy it.

I can't see him being the RAW GM, it just wouldn't really fit to be honest, but that's a completely different discussion.

Somebody's manager? Who could Mick Foley manage? There isn't a "hardcore" guy in the company at the moment that would make sense for him to be behind.

You can't have him wrestle in this enviroment, as; 1. He's far too old, and 2. He relies almost completely on weapons, something WWE is moving away from.

It'd be nice to see him back in WWE, but I just can't see where they'd fit him in.

I suppose Tough Enough would work, but I wonder if it'd send a bad message across, that they are being taught by a man who has very limited wrestling skills short of falling off of stuff and getting hit with stuff.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Sat 04 Jun 2011, 12:52 pm

I'd quite frankly just like to see one more reunion of the Rock 'n' Sock connection. I was disappointed that didn't happen on the Rock's birthday celebration.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 04 Jun 2011, 1:00 pm

I wouldn't mind Foley back in the WWE as a member of the booking team but not as an on air talent

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 2:17 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I wouldn't mind Foley back in the WWE as a member of the booking team but not as an on air talent

100% agree gaffer older talent would be much better utilized in creative.... Alot moreso than Hollywood script writters

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 04 Jun 2011, 4:48 pm

I suppose Tough Enough would work, but I wonder if it'd send a bad message across, that they are being taught by a man who has very limited wrestling skills short of falling off of stuff and getting hit with stuff.

What Foley can teach them though is how to sell, how to take a bump, how to promo, how to make the other guy look good. That's what Foley did.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 04 Jun 2011, 4:50 pm

and how to get a cheap pop . OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 04 Jun 2011, 5:57 pm

Maccs I completely agree, Tough Enough isn't about being able to just wrestle, if it was then they could just get Lance Storm in, its about being able to work, Mick Foley was one of the best workers of the 90s and thats why his experiance would be invaluble

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down