The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season

+34
XR
Recwatcher16
munkian
Shifty
eirebilly
Stone Motif
PhilBB
Cardiff Dave
Allty
Steffan
RDW
LeinsterFan4life
Breadvan
St John The Enforcer
wayne
profitius
Kingshu
George Carlin
mikey_dragon
exile jack
Luckless Pedestrian
Knowsit17
marty2086
ScarletSpiderman
Golden
True Raven
BamBam
Pot Hale
SecretFly
offload
VinceWLB
RiscaGame
yappysnap
LordDowlais
38 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season - Page 3 Empty What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season

Post by LordDowlais Mon 9 May - 8:24

First topic message reminder :

Well, the title says it all really. What a pathetic, embarrassing finish to the PRO12 it was for the Welsh regions. I am livid, as a Welsh rugby fan I am bouncing, and it just goes to show how right I am when I talk about the attitudes towards the game that the regions take. What does it matter to the regions that they got beaten on the weekend ? Nothing, that's what, they do not have to worry.

Ospreys knew what they needed to do and the were shamed in their own back yard. If I were a paying customer on Saturday I would have been demanding my money back. Scarlets were the same, they just gave up in the second half, and the less said about Dragons the better. Where was the pride ? 

I live in hope that next season will be better, Welsh domestic rugby is in a dark place at the moment, how any fans of the regions can come on here and defend their teams showing over this season is beyond me. No doubt I will get attacked from every quarter on here by the likes of Risca, Stone motif, mikey dragon, PhillBB, Scarletspiderman, but how can they argue ? It's no wonder that the amount of fans going to watch our regions are not as good as elsewhere, it's because of the crap being served up infront of them week in week out, who would want to keep paying for it ?

But what does it matter, the regions will still get the same funding next year, they will still get the same money from Europe, nothing will change for them, so why should they change ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season - Page 3 Empty Re: What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season

Post by LordDowlais Mon 9 May - 17:07

Why have you altered your statement ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season - Page 3 Empty Re: What an absolutely pathetic end to the Welsh regional season

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 9 May - 17:12

I just chose to take that bit out. It's called editing. It's not my fault you find me so quotable. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 9 May - 17:16

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Now there's only so much a good coach can do with a mediocre player - but some of the regions don't even have good coaches. That's the truth of it.

LP, sometimes I get the impression that you are just coming on here to argue with me for the sake of it.  Rolling Eyes

Mediocre players and crap coaches, are part of the reason for us having under achieving regions, the other part is having owners who cannot run a p!ss up in a brewery.

You are implying that you agree with this, however you are turning it into an argument against me, if I frustrate you that much, please just put me on ignore/foe. Hug

I wouldn't have to turn anything into an argument if you'd acknowledged in your OP that the regions had mediocre players and crap coaches. You're expecting too much of them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 9 May - 17:32

Would you care to name some of these mediocre players that are playing at outer regions ?

Because for me, whilst yes we do have some players that fit this bill, our regions have no more players of thus ilk than other teams in our league.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 9 May - 17:39

You don't need me to name them, Dowlais. And yes, other teams also have solid / unspectacular players, but crucially they have coaches that can get the most out of them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 9 May - 17:56

So we can agree then ? It's not so much the mediocre players, but rather more that the fact the coaches are not good enough to get the best out of them.

So it is how the regions are being run then ? Would you now be inclined to agree ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Mon 9 May - 17:58

I don't want to talk about other regions and I know I'm in the minority but i think Tandy, given his resources, does a good job. We've got young guys at the region developing nicely and he's got the most out of players like arhip, king ,hassler, ardron etc I think he's let down by having a limited budget where he cant bring in experienced players to fill the gaps. Thankfully, the money was there (due to the NDC) to bring in JJ in the middle of the season to help out but he hasn't had that luxury throughout his coaching tenure

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Mon 9 May - 17:59

mikey_dragon wrote:
True Raven wrote:
Ummmm you do realise the Ospreys have won four league titles??

The last one being when?
The Ospreys won 4 titles in 8 seasons. They even won 2 of them post galacticos. I know as they took place a mile from my house and I was at both. It took Leinster 13 seasons to win 4.

As a Leinster fan I always fear the Ospreys more than any other Region. The Scarlets have developed a really hard edge to go with the running rugby they always had. Cardiff won 7 out of the last 8 and look to be finally building. OK the Dragons are a bit of a focking shambles but they have the least money and the worst coaches and seem to be sh1t upon the most. They beat Leinster home and away last season though.

It's all how you look at it. In the 05 and 06 seasons Leinster were whitewashed in Wales. (Beaten by all 4 regions) We went off and developed a hard edge.........

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by exile jack Mon 9 May - 18:12

True Raven wrote:
exile jack wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Well, the title says it all really. What a pathetic, embarrassing finish to the PRO12 it was for the Welsh regions. I am livid, as a Welsh rugby fan I am bouncing, and it just goes to show how right I am when I talk about the attitudes towards the game that the regions take. What does it matter to the regions that they got beaten on the weekend ? Nothing, that's what, they do not have to worry.

Ospreys knew what they needed to do and the were shamed in their own back yard. If I were a paying customer on Saturday I would have been demanding my money back. Scarlets were the same, they just gave up in the second half, and the less said about Dragons the better. Where was the pride ? 

I live in hope that next season will be better, Welsh domestic rugby is in a dark place at the moment, how any fans of the regions can come on here and defend their teams showing over this season is beyond me. No doubt I will get attacked from every quarter on here by the likes of Risca, Stone motif, mikey dragon, PhillBB, Scarletspiderman, but how can they argue ? It's no wonder that the amount of fans going to watch our regions are not as good as elsewhere, it's because of the crap being served up infront of them week in week out, who would want to keep paying for it ?

But what does it matter, the regions will still get the same funding next year, they will still get the same money from Europe, nothing will change for them, so why should they change ?

I didn't feel that the O's were shamed on Saturday.They lost to a better coached team who were more accurate,won the contact area and made far fewer team and individual mistakes,and who had a much less depleted team than the O's.Even with Mitrea's odd approach to multiple offences by Ulster the game was close until Webb's box kick brainfart led to Trimble's try.HOWEVER,taking the season as a whole the O's record against the Irish teams and Glasgow reads W1,D1,L8.That is just not acceptable.When you add to that the very poor away performances at Ulster and Edinburgh,the games that should have been won against Connacht(home and away),Munster(home),Llanelli(home) and Leinster(away) the picture becomes even bleaker.Finally,apparently glorious defeats at Clermont and UBB and an abject performance against Exeter are explained away as some form of creditable performance against Europe's elite.Absolutely and totally a load of testicles.

Something doesn't feel right down in Ospreylia.They've got world class players,actual and potential,who at least match their English,Irish and Scottish counterparts at International level but NOT apparently at Pro12 level.For next season(can't wait) I hope there is a radical review of coaching at the O's,Biggar and Webb stop believing their own publicity,box-kicking and missed passes are banned,someone shows Lydiate how to carry a ball into contact without losing it and Tandy receives instruction on not picking players out of position time and time again.Finally,no member of the O's coaching team is allowed to mention future success as an antidote to past and recent failure.Fewer injuries and players playing with injuries would be welcome as would a proper microphone for the reporters at the O's press conferences.Finally,i hope the newly appointed EPD at the WRU assists skills development at all the Regions.Farewell 2015/16 and roll-on 2016/17.

Those 'world class' players though were not available for the games in bold and our financial constraints mean we had to rely on youngsters to cover for them.  We had underhill who was in his first professional season covering tipuric.  The previous season, however, we were a knock on from reaching the Pro12 final. No doubt that next season without a world cup interrupting the season and a full pre season for our boys, we'll be back competing for the playoff spots

I'm not sure I agree that the absence of star players is the cause of the O's playing record this year.The home game with Connacht was lost because Sam Davies got the kicking yips.We lost the home game against Munster in the last minute due to a lack of composure in closing the game out.We lost the game at Connacht because our defensive system fell apart and,unbelievably,lessons were not learned so we went to Leinster and the same defensive system fell apart again.We conceded three soft tries on Saturday as our defensive system fell apart yet again.I couldn't fault the O's effort and commitment in these games but this season has shown the O's to be inconsistent within games let alone game to game.The games against Edinburgh,Ulster and Glasgow away showed the O's confidence and fortitude to be absent for whatever reason.Who told Sam Davies to use a Garryowen as an attacking ploy in the Edinburgh 22? Why did Dan Biggar try the same reverse inside pass against Exeter several times with the same failure every single time.My lowest point of the season involved Gruff Rees telling us he'd watched Exeter play a lot this season and then the O's gameplan failed to address the Exeter gameplan in almost all material regards.

Sorry if this comes across as a bit of a rant but the Wenger defence is wearing a bit thin for me.Time for the O's to shape up or ship out.It should be an expectation for the O's to be top 4 every year and entirely reasonable for the other RRW teams to have that expectation for themselves.I remain of the view that RRW coaching is not getting the best out of our playing resources whether homegrown,imports or 'stars'.Hoping all injured RRW players are fit for the start of next season.

exile jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 9 May - 19:24

Pretty much spot on with all of your posts ej. So here's my end of season rant Wink I know we were missing our internationals at the start of the season but that shouldn't be an excuse for the way we performed. It was awful rugby. Slow and ponderous forwards and predictable back play. What Gruf Rees does on the training ground is a mystery. Our attack play seems to consists of the inside ball or give it to Josh and see whats happens. No wonder he was wrecked the last 2 games. Couple that with Tandys bizarre selection policy ( king at lock, Jarvis starting at prop, Parry instead of Otten the persistence of TAFKALP) No wonder we've had a poor season.
There is some talent coming through no doubt. The emergence of Underhill and Cracknell. Thornton and Beard, but can our current set up get the best out of these players? Sam Davies needs too seriously bulk up and sort his long range kicking out. How much ground do we gain from his left peg on penalties? 20 metres max? Too little to late on Saturday. Ok putting bps on the Blues and Treviso but a well drilled quality side like Ulster? Story of the season tbh...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Mon 9 May - 21:37

As a review of this season, I guess i sit between True Raven on the one side and Exilejack and Breadvan on the other, I believe because of our financial position, the initial period was fundamental in where we ended up, when we were missing the WC players it put too much of a strain on our very young squad, were there fundamental selection mistakes? of course there were. Let me just say IMO the one player who causes the most unrest is Lloyd Ashley and most people blame Tandy for this scenario, yet when the coaches had a shortlist of 3 for their Player of the Season, Ashley is one of the 3, evidently it is not just Tandy that rates him, and let's not forget in the period when we had some of our best results it was AWJ and Ashley in the boilerhouse for nearly all the games, let me also add James King only played in the 2nd row when AWJ was away and Bernardo had a reaction to coming back from injury, so it was a matter of needs must, as I said in an earlier post in RCC, if somebody had said to me before the tournament started that we would have been in with a chance of progressing on the last day, I would have ripped their arm off, it was mentioned on our website we had the youngest squad in the RCC, IMO we exceeded expectations.
I put up last week practically a full team that at certain points in the last 2 seasons were better than the selected team for the Ulster game and they were injured, so to say that injuries weren't a factor in our seasons position is taking a ludicrous stance IMO, and even the signing of JJ Engelbrecht misfired after the massive input of one game from the bench and 3 starting games to then get injured.
Finally Steve Tandy IMO has done a reasonable job, when really he should NOT have been put in that position, the only job he had as a Professional Coach was of Bridgend RFC, a decent DOR above him could really be the making of him in the long term, and I hope that is the path that is planned for him.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 9 May - 22:47

St John The Enforcer wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
True Raven wrote:
Ummmm you do realise the Ospreys have won four league titles??

The last one being when?
The Ospreys won 4 titles in 8 seasons. They even won 2 of them post galacticos. I know as they took place a mile from my house and I was at both. It took Leinster 13 seasons to win 4.

As a Leinster fan I always fear the Ospreys more than any other Region. The Scarlets have developed a really hard edge to go with the running rugby they always had. Cardiff won 7 out of the last 8 and look to be finally building. OK the Dragons are a bit of a focking shambles but they have the least money and the worst coaches and seem to be sh1t upon the most. They beat Leinster home and away last season though.

It's all how you look at it. In the 05 and 06 seasons Leinster were whitewashed in Wales. (Beaten by all 4 regions) We went off and developed a hard edge.........

Nice, and thanks for your opinion but it doesn't answer the question you're replying to. FYI somebody already answered it, so perhaps you scrolled past that? Not disagreeing with anything else you type except that Scarlets no longer play running rugby, at least nowhere near as much as they used to. They were renowned for it. I also live in hope that the Welsh teams can learn like Leinster had to do, but we're still waiting for that.

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Mon 9 May - 22:59; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 9 May - 22:57

wayne wrote:
Mikey you mentioned that our coaches have not been up to scratch, (not your exact words but similar), well hopefully that is about to change if what I've been told and what another poster on our Forum has also heard from another source is true, both sources are decent people, (don't ask who as i will not betray a confidence), but the name is good rugby stock who has been around for 10 years or more coaching wise and many more as a player.

I hope that's true, from what I've seen the Ospreys do have the players (if most of them aren't injured) but they don't have the coaches right now. Ospreys could probably do with a decent kiwi coach like the Dragons could. With such an appointment I believe that both teams could get better which is to the benefit of Welsh rugby.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 9 May - 23:15

Maybe with Delve money, Ospreys could get a decent coach? Just saying.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon 9 May - 23:57

VinceWLB wrote:Maybe with Delve money, Ospreys could get a decent coach? Just saying.
What happened to Delve?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Tue 10 May - 0:05

Not sure, had injury issues at the beginning of the season then presumably out of favour. I think O's fans could shed more light on it but that was definitely not money wisely spent, similar to Dragons bringing back Lee Byrne and Aled Brew. Terrible signings.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 10 May - 7:25

Delve started the first game of the regular season, and was sub in another, other than that he has been injured the rest of the season, the problem is they are different injuries, in the games he played he was TERRIBLE, totally out of condition, an absolutely disastrous signing, because apparently he was on a wage that is being paid to some of our Internationals. As for signing a coach there should be a decent wedge of money available as Andrew Hore's income was substantial, and he has now left, part of his job is now being done by Andrew (bully) Millward and his wages would be nowhere near Hore's.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Tue 10 May - 10:51

Not too mention money saved by having 10 players on NDC and our recruitment so far is Gustafson and Jones (who should be on little money) and fonotia who's hardly going to break the bank

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 10 May - 10:58

True Raven wrote:Not too mention money saved by having 10 players on NDC and our recruitment so far is Gustafson and Jones (who should be on little money) and fonotia who's hardly going to break the bank

Well, there should be NO excuses next season then. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 10 May - 11:06

True Raven wrote:Not too mention money saved by having 10 players on NDC and our recruitment so far is Gustafson and Jones (who should be on little money) and fonotia who's hardly going to break the bank
Sorry to be pedantic TR, but isn't it 8 on NDCs, could be wrong, but essentially you are right, there should be plenty more coming in.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 10 May - 11:08

So who is Ospreys recruitment exactly TR? I must have missed the news you were bringing in Fonotia, not so sure who he is.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 10 May - 11:12

mikey_dragon wrote:So who is Ospreys recruitment exactly TR? I must have missed the news you were bringing in Fonotia, not so sure who he is.
Mikey he is Crusaders outside centre/wing it was announced a few months ago, but he doesn't arrive until after the S15 finishes, he looks real good from what I've seen of him

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by exile jack Tue 10 May - 16:11

wayne wrote:As a review of this season, I guess i sit between True Raven on the one side and Exilejack and Breadvan on the other, I believe because of our financial position, the initial period was fundamental in where we ended up, when we were missing the WC players it put too much of a strain on our very young squad, were there fundamental selection mistakes? of course there were. Let me just say IMO the one player who causes the most unrest is Lloyd Ashley and most people blame Tandy for this scenario, yet when the coaches had a shortlist of 3 for their Player of the Season, Ashley is one of the 3, evidently it is not just Tandy that rates him, and let's not forget in the period when we had some of our best results it was AWJ and Ashley in the boilerhouse for nearly all the games, let me also add James King only played in the 2nd row when AWJ was away and Bernardo had a reaction to coming back from injury, so it was a matter of needs must, as I said in an earlier post in RCC, if somebody had said to me before the tournament started that we would have been in with a chance of progressing on the last day, I would have ripped their arm off, it was mentioned on our website we had the youngest squad in the RCC, IMO we exceeded expectations.
I put up last week practically a full team that at certain points in the last 2 seasons were better than the selected team for the Ulster game and they were injured, so to say that injuries weren't a factor in our seasons position is taking a ludicrous stance IMO, and even the signing of JJ Engelbrecht misfired after the massive input of one game from the bench and 3 starting games to then get injured.
Finally Steve Tandy IMO has done a reasonable job, when really he should NOT have been put in that position, the only job he had as a Professional Coach was of Bridgend RFC, a decent DOR above him could really be the making of him in the long term, and I hope that is the path that is planned for him.

Wayne,the trouble with extenuating circumstances is that they can hide deeper problems,which i've come to believe is the case at the Liberty.Happy to accept that coaching any professional sports team or individual is blydi difficult,i wouldn't want to even if I could.Also,the experience of Ford at Bath,Humphreys at Gloucester,O'Shea at Quins,Mallinder at Saints shows how difficult it is to maintain season upon season league form,so it's not only the Pro12 that has this issue.

I'm hoping the post-season review for the O's has the senior squad,coaches and management address the following questions:1)are our player recruitment,selection and development policies adequate for our aspirations and expectation?2)What are our aspirations and expectation?3)Are our rugby fundamentals of scrum,lineout,ruck,maul,kickoffs/restarts,passing,tackling and kicking adequate to achieve our aspirations and expectation?4)Are our offensive and defensive systems sufficient and necessary to compete with the best of Super and European rugby?5)Are our coaching competencies of the right calibre to achieve our aspirations and expectation?

These are clearly closed door discussions but i'm not going to criticise any O's team if they give 100% home and away and play to the best of their skills and abilities.That has not been the case this season.The key point for me is whether the O's coaching team have had a 4 year learning experience or,worryingly,the same yearly experience repeated 4 times.I don't want to see the remake of Groundhog Day filmed at the Liberty and Ospreylia become our Punxsatawney.

Last edited by exile jack on Tue 10 May - 17:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

exile jack

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 10 May - 19:10

exile jack wrote:
wayne wrote:As a review of this season, I guess i sit between True Raven on the one side and Exilejack and Breadvan on the other, I believe because of our financial position, the initial period was fundamental in where we ended up, when we were missing the WC players it put too much of a strain on our very young squad, were there fundamental selection mistakes? of course there were. Let me just say IMO the one player who causes the most unrest is Lloyd Ashley and most people blame Tandy for this scenario, yet when the coaches had a shortlist of 3 for their Player of the Season, Ashley is one of the 3, evidently it is not just Tandy that rates him, and let's not forget in the period when we had some of our best results it was AWJ and Ashley in the boilerhouse for nearly all the games, let me also add James King only played in the 2nd row when AWJ was away and Bernardo had a reaction to coming back from injury, so it was a matter of needs must, as I said in an earlier post in RCC, if somebody had said to me before the tournament started that we would have been in with a chance of progressing on the last day, I would have ripped their arm off, it was mentioned on our website we had the youngest squad in the RCC, IMO we exceeded expectations.

Wayne,the trouble with extenuating circumstances is that they can hide deeper problems,which i've come to believe is the case at the Liberty.Happy to accept that coaching any professional sports team or individual is blydi difficult,i wouldn't want to even if I could.Also,the experience of Ford at Bath,Humphreys at Gloucester,O'Shea at Quins,Mallinder at Saints shows how difficult it is to maintain season upon season league form,so it's not only the Pro12 that has this issue.

I'm hoping the post-season review for the O's has the senior squad,coaches and management address the following questions:1)are our player recruitment,selection and development policies adequate for our aspirations and expectation?2)What are our aspirations and expectation?3)Are our rugby fundamentals of scrum,lineout,ruck,maul,kickoffs/restarts,passing,tackling and kicking adequate to achieve our aspirations and expectation?4)Are our offensive and defensive systems sufficient and necessary to compete with the best of Super and European rugby?5)Are our coaching competencies of the right calibre to achieve our aspirations and expectation?

These are clearly closed door discussions but i'm not going to criticise any O's team if they give 100% home and away and play to the best of their skills and abilities.That has not been the case this season.The key point for me is whether the O's coaching team have had a 4 year learning experience or,worryingly,the same yearly experience repeated 4 times.I don't want to see the remake of Groundhog Day filmed at the Liberty and Ospreylia become our Punxsatawney.
WOW Jack, that was some reply, I wasn't expecting anything like that, to a lot of your points if you watch the Gruff Rees Press Conference after the recent game, you will see that there is an extremely extensive review already underway and I got the impression it has been running for a while, I might add some of those points above can be attributed to any Team in the Northern Hemisphere in the last 5 years.
To point 1 I would say our development has been outstanding throughout our existence and especially in the past few years, as for Player recruitment, even though our income is now increasing, going by Andrew Hore's interview on our website a few months ago it is still at the lower end of Teams within the Guinness Pro 12, so to expect us to fetch in superstars (and I know you didn't say that) is expecting too much I expect the announcement of the signing of BBBD and the announcement of an addition to our coaching staff pretty soon, I've not heard anything on major signings other than that, there are rumours of punts, but if any major additions come about it will surprise me.
I believe a lot of our problems arise from the fact that Steve Tandy has NEVER had the time to scrutinise top class models, he has had a diminishing budget until this season, only now it is increasing, and with the fact that his coaching experience is Bridgend RFC, it was expecting too much and HE NEEDS an experienced Rugby man above him, and from the name being bandied about that COULD be coming to us he will get that pretty soon.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Tue 10 May - 19:12

Who's the name bandied about?

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 10 May - 19:31

True Raven wrote:Who's the name bandied about?
TR, I'll send you a riddle that was said to me on Judgement Day in a PM, and see if you can work it out as I did, and 2 other posters on our Forum have heard the same name from other sources.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by exile jack Tue 10 May - 23:06

wayne wrote:
exile jack wrote:

WOW Jack, that was some reply, I wasn't expecting anything like that, to a lot of your points if you watch the Gruff Rees Press Conference after the recent game, you will see that there is an extremely extensive review already underway and I got the impression it has been running for a while, I might add some of those points above can be attributed to any Team in the Northern Hemisphere in the last 5 years.
To point 1 I would say our development has been outstanding throughout our existence and especially in the past few years, as for Player recruitment, even though our income is now increasing, going by Andrew Hore's interview on our website a few months ago it is still at the lower end of Teams within the Guinness Pro 12, so to expect us to fetch in superstars (and I know you didn't say that) is expecting too much I expect the announcement of the signing of BBBD and the announcement of an addition to our coaching staff pretty soon, I've not heard anything on major signings other than that, there are rumours of punts, but if any major additions come about it will surprise me.
I believe a lot of our problems arise from the fact that Steve Tandy has NEVER had the time to scrutinise top class models, he has had a diminishing budget until this season, only now it is increasing, and with the fact that his coaching experience is Bridgend RFC, it was expecting too much and HE NEEDS an experienced Rugby man above him, and from the name being bandied about that COULD be coming to us he will get that pretty soon.

Wayne,i await developments with interest.I hope that all the RRW boys return from NZ in good health for next season.Have a good Summer.

exile jack

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 11 May - 8:37

I see somebody has reported this thread to the MODS, oh well, it seems you cannot have an opinion on here anymore.

picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 11 May - 10:18

LordDowlais wrote:I see somebody has reported this thread to the MODS, oh well, it seems you cannot have an opinion on here anymore.

Why? I don't see anything offensive on here

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 May - 11:15

LordDowlais wrote:It seems you cannot have an opinion on here anymore.

LordDowlais wrote:If I here how better Cardiff Blues are doing under Danny Wilson this season I will explode

Quite.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 11 May - 11:20

I guess some people grow tired seeing you regurgitate the same bull on a daily basis. You actually wrote a sound article this one time which enabled debate, but now I'm convinced somebody else wrote that one for you.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 11 May - 11:27

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:It seems you cannot have an opinion on here anymore.

LordDowlais wrote:If I here how better Cardiff Blues are doing under Danny Wilson this season I will explode

Quite.

It does not mean I would report them to the MODS for it though. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 11 May - 11:33

mikey_dragon wrote:I guess some people grow tired seeing you regurgitate the same bull on a daily basis. You actually wrote a sound article this one time which enabled debate, but now I'm convinced somebody else wrote that one for you.

At least I put article up to debate. You and your gang just come on here and start arguments off, when was the last article you created for debate ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 11 May - 11:49

LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I guess some people grow tired seeing you regurgitate the same bull on a daily basis. You actually wrote a sound article this one time which enabled debate, but now I'm convinced somebody else wrote that one for you.

At least I put article up to debate. You and your gang just come on here and start arguments off, when was the last article you created for debate ?

It's comments like this is what we're talking about - usual trash followed by your victim mentality.
I can't remember, but I comment frequently anyway, so I don't see your point? Don't tell me that you're again about to get on your high horse and make out you're better than folk who prefer to debate sensibly rather than repost WOL click bait? You're a fool dowlais, and I'm tired of you now.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 11 May - 12:08

LordDowlais wrote:I see somebody has reported this thread to the MODS, oh well, it seems you cannot have an opinion on here anymore.

You threatened to report me the other day for having the opinion that you generate clicks for websites. What's the difference? I didn't do it, but why bellyache about it, particularly when the post hasn't been pulled?

LordDowlais wrote:Oh give it a rest Risca, why are you not doing this to other members who post links on this site ?

Unfortunately I am going to either put you on ignore or start reporting you, as your trolling of me is getting tedious now.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 11 May - 12:13

RiscaGame wrote:You threatened to report me the other day for having the opinion that you generate clicks for websites. What's the difference? So what's the difference? I didn't do it, but why bellyache about it, particularly when the post hasn't been pulled?

No risca, I was not threatening to report you for your opinions, I was threatening to report you because you keep following me around on here just to find ways of belittling me. You, mikey, LP are always finding ways to argue with me, and then insult me. 

I can engage with a decent debate with most people on here, but there is a few, that are just insulting.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 11 May - 12:13

I'm struggling to remember the last time a thread involving a lot of the people on here didn't end up with vast quantities of reports being generated - the same arguments keep happening between the same people, with the same reports being generated.

Is it really that difficult to have a sensible rugby discussion without turning into a poo flinging contest?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 11 May - 12:18

LordDowlais wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:You threatened to report me the other day for having the opinion that you generate clicks for websites. What's the difference? So what's the difference? I didn't do it, but why bellyache about it, particularly when the post hasn't been pulled?

No risca, I was not threatening to report you for your opinions, I was threatening to report you because you keep following me around on here just to find ways of belittling me. You, mikey, LP are always finding ways to argue with me, and then insult me. 

I can engage with a decent debate with most people on here, but there is a few, that are just insulting.

We have done this before, but it's not following you around if me being a Welsh and regional supporter, I appear on those kind of threads. When you consider that post I quoted of you saying about reporting was off a Gwent Dragons thread, how dare I go on my own team's thread.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 May - 12:23

LordDowlais wrote:

I like to think I debate with you, Dowlais. But if you keep making the same ill-informed statements, don't be surprised if you keep getting people calling you on it.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 11 May - 12:27; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 11 May - 12:27

So OK then, just to get things straight here, so that I am not in danger of upsetting the chosen few, I am not allowed to do the following:-

1. Quote what the media are talking about.
2. Say how poor the regions are.
3. Criticise the regions, especialy Dragons, for poor performances on and off the field.
4. Have an opinion on a player.
5. Debate what has been said in the media about Welsh rugby on ant given day.
6. Write an article about what has been published in the media, especially WOL.

So basically all I am allowed to do is say how great everything is and wonderful things are ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 11 May - 12:29

You do LP, but I don't think that he debates back... I love how we're all a gang that goes after Dowlais though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 11 May - 12:29

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I like to think I debate with you, Dowlais.

I will say one thing LP, you do not stoop to the levels that others do on here with their insults. OK

In fact, I would go as far to say you do not insult at all. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 11 May - 12:33

Chosen few? Is that your new buzzword now, instead of status quo?

Have a day off Dowellais. I can't believe you took time out of your day to write all that. You can post what you like. Just understand that people don't see WOL as anything worth reading generally (unlike you) and don't be so matter of fact with your opinion on things.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 11 May - 12:38

RiscaGame wrote: and don't be so matter of fact with your opinion on things.

That's just the way I am sorry. If it annoys you, just ignore it. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 11 May - 12:39

Well don't be surprised that people seemingly rip into you.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 May - 12:45

Debate is healthy. You need to be able to back up your argument with evidence if it's challenged, we all do. It's good.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 11 May - 14:25

LordDowlais wrote:Well, the title says it all really. What a pathetic, embarrassing finish to the PRO12 it was for the Welsh regions. I am livid, as a Welsh rugby fan
Even more pathetic that someone reported this article

Why are you livid though LD?

The failure of the current setup of Welsh rugby is amazing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 11 May - 14:26

Davies said the regions will review their own campaigns before meeting with the Wales national coach Warren Gatland and his team plus WRU head of rugby Geraint John.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36266158

Said on an earlier post I don't think its all doom and gloom for the regions, and this sounds more positive, the Union stepping in to lead a review and help the regions pinpoint issues and help resolve them.

Imagine the regions had been doing something similar since 2003, instead of all the infighting, and I think they would be in a lot better place than there are now. But thats hindsight.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 11 May - 14:47

All the WRU will do is pump more money into the regions to buy some foreigners

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 11 May - 15:08

Steffan wrote:All the WRU will do is pump more money into the regions to buy some foreigners

Yep, throw good money at bad money and hope it works. It is because the people running the regions cannot run a p!ss up in a brewery why they are in such a mess.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next