The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French Open Day 4 - Will Elgin lose his marbles, or is it grand Larsson-y? And how should we Treat Huey?

+16
LuvSports!
dummy_half
banbrotam
Adam D
alfie
bogbrush
Born Slippy
Mad for Chelsea
lags72
CaledonianCraig
temporary21
Guest82
Calder106
lydian
Haddie-nuff
JuliusHMarx
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

French Open Day 4 - Will Elgin lose his marbles, or is it grand Larsson-y? And how should we Treat Huey? - Page 3 Empty French Open Day 4 - Will Elgin lose his marbles, or is it grand Larsson-y? And how should we Treat Huey?

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 May 2016, 8:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Schedule - http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/schedule/

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

French Open Day 4 - Will Elgin lose his marbles, or is it grand Larsson-y? And how should we Treat Huey? - Page 3 Empty Re: French Open Day 4 - Will Elgin lose his marbles, or is it grand Larsson-y? And how should we Treat Huey?

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2016, 3:28 pm

temporary21 wrote:This place is supposed to be welcoming. One bad match from murray and peoples true colours start showing again. I've taken enough cr@p and I've had enough. Not one person left here I enjoy talking to...
Sorry you feel that way. Maybe you need a relaxing holiday. I really can't see it myself. I read BB and HN and JHM and LF comments and they are tepid. I can't see any malice in their comments at all. They are just trying to work out what is going on.

Back to top Go down

French Open Day 4 - Will Elgin lose his marbles, or is it grand Larsson-y? And how should we Treat Huey? - Page 3 Empty Re: French Open Day 4 - Will Elgin lose his marbles, or is it grand Larsson-y? And how should we Treat Huey?

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 May 2016, 3:28 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:To be fair to Bourgue, he's played an excellent set of tennis there, that was a superb game to close it out.

True - he did play very well in the third set.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 25 May 2016, 3:28 pm

Oh for f@cks sake haddie. I wasn't referring to you. For christs sake....

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 25 May 2016, 3:29 pm

bogbrush wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:Ah BB is back during another Murray crisis like flies around a pile of cow dung.

And by the way you know what you were criticized for and it is not what you said.

I am kind of like temp here. If this is the only level he can produce here I'd sooner his run ended here. I suppose though there are those crucial ranking points to defend.
That's harsh, but I guess in the spirit of things I should be content to be called a fly if you're the dung.

Not saying it of course, just think it's big of you to be that self-effacing.

Two posts on the French Open both on Murray match - coincidence? Not for such a regular poster.

Two incidents you moan about fist pumps and 'Come ons' and both about Murray when every player in the world does it . Coincidence? I think not.
Two matches where a top player is producing a potential shock - coincidence? I think not!

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you..... but usually it's a good indicator.

Pull the other one eh? Stan is defending champion and was staring down both barrels yet you never commented one iota on that match. But again there are no Stan fans here.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 25 May 2016, 3:30 pm

temporary21 wrote:In sorry to you all. It shouldn't be so uncomfortable around here when your favoured player loses, but it always is, it's very hard to not the. Get upset

Forgiven.. how I know the feeling OK

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 25 May 2016, 3:30 pm

Good hold from Murray, superb play to save those three BPs. COME ON NOW!

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 25 May 2016, 3:30 pm

Adam D wrote:You lot are mental. 

Can't believe you are all getting so wound up by a loss.
He hasn't lost yet ;-)
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2016, 3:31 pm

Maybe BB is like me - prioritises AM matches rather than Stan Wawrinka.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 25 May 2016, 3:31 pm

temporary21 wrote:Oh for f@cks sake haddie.  I wasn't referring to you. For christs sake....

Well it came after my post.. assumed.. oh dear wrong again Haddie

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 May 2016, 3:32 pm

lydian wrote:Travelling on business on Europe...just looked at live RG scores and.....WTF!!!!!!!!

Hang on. socal is in Europe as well. Is there something you two aren't telling us?!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 25 May 2016, 3:32 pm

Calm down temp...he'll come through in 5...Bourgue will look over the victory cliff and freeze, it's one thing winning 2 sets but 3 is a whole different matter. Anyway, THIS one will finish today!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 25 May 2016, 3:33 pm

Nore Staat wrote:Maybe BB is like me - prioritises AM matches rather than Stan Wawrinka.

And prioritizes Murray's fist pumps and 'Come ons' over every tennis player in history.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2016, 3:33 pm

Can't believe you are all getting so wound up by a loss. People lose. 

Tyson lost to buster Douglas. 
Leicester won the league. 
Conchita Martinez won Wimbledon! 

Weird results happen. 

Just be nice to each other and get over it.
Fair comment from the founder of 606v2 - Sometimes it takes an outsider from the thread to see how emotive some become when a player is losing.

Last edited by Nore Staat on Wed 25 May 2016, 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 25 May 2016, 3:33 pm

Haha JHM...lol, yes we're homogenising...ewww
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 25 May 2016, 3:34 pm

If Socal is in Europe.. look for him in the crowd.. business my ar$e
He will be waiving a bottle of anti-histamines. Wink

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Wed 25 May 2016, 3:34 pm

If Bourgue puts up a real battle in this set but eventually loses it, then I suspect he might not have much left for the fifth.

But if not ........ Shocked Shocked

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 25 May 2016, 3:34 pm

Murray will not lose this.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 25 May 2016, 3:36 pm

I haven't seen anyone wandering past with a life sized cut out of Djokovic with him but if I do I'll sure let you all know Wink
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 25 May 2016, 3:36 pm

It's ok its not the match. It's just that feeling of dread coming on here when your guy has lost early knowing you have to then read the usual ignorance. It's pushed a fair few away over time

Just over a long time, it's become too much. I'm too old for it now, I was 16 when I went into 606 that was ten years ago. I'm a different person now, I don't want the aggro

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 25 May 2016, 3:36 pm

Nore Staat wrote:

Can't believe you are all getting so wound up by a loss. People lose. 

Tyson lost to buster Douglas. 
Leicester won the league. 
Conchita Martinez won Wimbledon! 

Weird results happen. 

Just be nice to each other and get over it.
Sometimes it takes an outsider from the thread to see how emotive some become when a player is losing.  

No I am very chilled thanks. I've taken enough painful Murray losses to be able to take another one on the chin and read the posts I have said how poor he has been. The problem is elsewhere.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 25 May 2016, 3:36 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:Maybe BB is like me - prioritises AM matches rather than Stan Wawrinka.

And prioritizes Murray's fist pumps and 'Come ons' over every tennis player in history.
This is beyond parody; you're getting excited because someone calls your boy out for behaving like a complete t*t?

Give me a break.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 25 May 2016, 3:37 pm

I think it is a pre-requisite that the top players have to put their fans through hell and back before they can say they have made it to the top.
Its your turn to go through the wringer temp... hang on in there Very Happy

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 25 May 2016, 3:38 pm

lydian wrote:Murray will not lose this.

Quite. These guys get extreme nosebleeds at these heights.

Perhaps a competitive 4th set followed by a visit to the bakery in the 5th.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 25 May 2016, 3:39 pm

I see Pusher Simon is on his way out. Tragic.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 25 May 2016, 3:39 pm

bogbrush wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:

This is beyond parody; you're getting excited because someone calls your boy out for behaving like a complete t*t?

Give me a break.

There you go again. So Federer is a complete t*t as are Nadal, Djoko. Stan, Milos, Kei and every other tennis player in the world. Good lets here you say it yourself.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 25 May 2016, 3:40 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:

Give me a break.

There you go again. So Federer is a complete t*t as are Nadal, Djoko. Stan, Milos, Kei and every other tennis player in the world. Good lets here you say it yourself.
Eh? That's barely intelligable.

I mean, I understand all the words but they've been put into an order which makes no sense.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 25 May 2016, 3:41 pm

Lol temp...you want to try being a Nadal fan...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 25 May 2016, 3:41 pm

There you go. As predicted.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 25 May 2016, 3:41 pm

Hey up.. has Andy finally come on court ..break back

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 25 May 2016, 3:42 pm

COME ON!

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 25 May 2016, 3:42 pm

Have to agree 'gutted' to see Ferrer-lite Simon face the exit door
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 25 May 2016, 3:42 pm

bogbrush wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:

Give me a break.

I mean, I understand all the words but they've been put into an order which makes no sense.

You are calling Murray our for fist pumps and come ons on unforced errors. Okay?

You have been blown out on this topic before during a US Open - Federer does it, heck every player does it so why aren't they t*ts as well?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2016, 3:43 pm

Murray's got the break and should win it from here. As most people have predicted.

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 25 May 2016, 3:43 pm

This guy is not going to beat supremely fit Murray over 5 sets...not going to happen. Relax guys...

Last edited by lydian on Wed 25 May 2016, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 25 May 2016, 3:43 pm

lydian wrote:Lol temp...you want to try being a Nadal fan...

Abso bloomin lootly... Ive aged 10 yrs waiting for his comeback Shocked laughing

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 25 May 2016, 3:43 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
You are calling Murray our for fist pumps and come ons on unforced errors. Okay?

You have been blown out on this topic before during a US Open - Federer does it, heck every player does it so why aren't they t*ts as well?
Because they don't do it on and on for games on end, and go all shrill while they're at it? And because he went completely over the top at his opponent.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 25 May 2016, 3:44 pm

lydian wrote:Lol temp...you want to try being a Nadal fan...

I am one... Imagine what that feels like being here, addition to the rest that is three get thrown

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 25 May 2016, 3:46 pm

bogbrush wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:

Give me a break.

Because they don't do it on and on for games on end, and go all shrill while they're at it?

And I thought you watched tennis? Evidently not. I have posted Federer up here doing it before, Stepanek did it in Murray match, Stan did it plenty V Rosol and so has everybody today I'd say so at least be man enough to admit it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 25 May 2016, 3:46 pm

Sorry but I'm with BB on this one...but then I'm a known Murray "lover" lol...can't abide his on court persona even if he walks and cuddles West Highland Terriers and pinches kids cheeks in large crowds off it.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 25 May 2016, 3:47 pm

Better this set - takes a break (after Bourgue misses a good chance for once !) Perhaps a comeback is on ?

Reckon his problem is physical - Andy just doesn't seem to have his usual mobility ; but he's hitting the ball better now as he takes an easy service game clap

May still win this yet - but not sure how far he will advance after two five setters to start...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 25 May 2016, 3:48 pm

lydian wrote:Sorry but I'm with BB on this one...but then I'm a known Murray "lover" lol...can't abide his on court persona even if he walks and cuddles West Highland Terriers and pinches kids cheeks in large crowds off it.

Fine - I can live with that. However, you are not slating him for doing something every player in tennis does are you?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 25 May 2016, 3:51 pm

Well for a top 5 player he's definitely the most negative and grumpy on court...this is why I could never take to the guy. i also didn't like that he turned into a muscled grinder either but that's a whole different thread!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 25 May 2016, 3:52 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
lydian wrote:Sorry but I'm with BB on this one...but then I'm a known Murray "lover" lol...can't abide his on court persona even if he walks and cuddles West Highland Terriers and pinches kids cheeks in large crowds off it.

Fine - I can live with that. However, you are not slating him for doing something every player in tennis does are you?
I have NEVER seen Nadal, Djokovic or Federer behave like Murray did the other day. Not once. Not in their biggest meltdowns. And to pretend they do is insane.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 May 2016, 3:53 pm

I still reckon it was a mental thing. As I said - an anxiety attack only lasts so long. It's an instinctive fight-or-flight response. Once you don't take flight i.e. don't leave the court, then the realisation eventually kicks in that you're not actually going to come to any serious physical harm and you can get control of things once more. Not to the extent of being calm - but enough to gather yourself against a player who isn't really that much of a threat in the normal course of things.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 25 May 2016, 3:55 pm

Good hold from 15-30 down, Bourgue will be kicking himself for not smashing that one straight at Murray. COME ON!

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 25 May 2016, 3:56 pm

Anyway...worry not this is in the bag for Murray. Still, it's 4 more sets than he expected to play I'm sure...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 25 May 2016, 3:59 pm

rather tame surrender of the set from Bourgue, and you do wonder how much fight he still has in him. Can't have played many 5 set matches... Murray still a long way from his best, but digging deep, needs to start the last set well. COME ON!

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 25 May 2016, 3:59 pm

Anyway on that high note for Murray this is when I must leave. COME ON MUZZA.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 25 May 2016, 4:00 pm

Going to a fifth ...

Andy closed that one out nicely. Still think something wrong with him , more than just tiredness ; so the final set won't be a gimme. But his experience may get him through

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 25 May 2016, 4:00 pm

This will not go to 7-5 in the 5th
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next