The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hatton set for new role as boxing trainer

2 posters

Go down

Hatton set for new role as boxing trainer  Empty Hatton set for new role as boxing trainer

Post by Adam D Wed 09 Feb 2011, 10:49 am

Ricky Hatton has told talkSPORT he’s set for a new role in boxing – as a trainer.
The former two weight world champion last fought two years ago when he was beaten by Manny Pacquiao, and since turned his attention to fight promotion.

His next promotion will be Amir Khan's WBA light-welterweight title defence against Paul McCloskey on April, but then he'll swap his quit for the pads in the gym and pass on his knowledge to up-and-coming pros.

He told talkSPORT: “I’ve been training with the lads and doing a bit of coaching and it’s given me a spring in my step and made me think about going into training.

“There are a lot of people in my promoting team and I wasn’t made to sit behind a desk with a laptop and a mobile phone.
“What I was good at was in the gym. I got a buzz back doing it and that’s something I’m looking at.
“What I do in the gym is what I do best. I’m not cut out to be in the office. I’m cut out for the blood and sweat in the gym, and that’s what I’ve been enjoying. I think what’s I’ll do.”

source talksport - full article - http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/boxing/5125/0/exclusive-%E2%80%93-hatton-set-new-role-boxing-trainer

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Hatton set for new role as boxing trainer  Empty Re: Hatton set for new role as boxing trainer

Post by oxring Sat 12 Feb 2011, 2:08 am

Good. There's less money in the gym for the white stuff.

Anyway - Joe and Marvis Frazier have enjoyed training the up'n'coming fighters like Mike Jones - it keeps them busy. lets hope Hatton finds the same joy in it.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down