The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17

+35
theslosty
clivemcl
Kingshu
No 7&1/2
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Cyril
thebandwagonsociety
brennomac
GunsGermsV2
St John The Enforcer
Geen sport voor watjes
rodders
George Carlin
geoff999rugby
LeinsterFan4life
RugbyFan100
Marshes
eirebilly
whocares
Rory_Gallagher
Pot Hale
carpet baboon
Artful_Dodger
Don Alfonso
mikey_dragon
SecretFly
Notch
wolfball
The Great Aukster
munkian
profitius
the-goon
westisbest
Maine man
Sin é
39 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17 - Page 6 Empty Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17

Post by Sin é Sat 23 Jul 2016, 11:21 am

First topic message reminder :

What it says in the title - a place to put all bits of news not worth starting a thread for the Four Proud Provinces of Ireland such as new signings, interviews that maybe of interest to others etc.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17 - Page 6 Empty Re: Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:46 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:
profitius wrote:
Golden wrote:Is Triggs still around next season?

Out of contract players

Ed Byrne
Strauss
Cronin
Bryan Bryne
Ross
McCarthy
Triggs
Nagle
Mick Kearney
Dom Ryan
Jordi Murphy
Conan
Leavy
Luke McGrath
Reid

Tom Daly
Kirchener
McFadden
Barry Daly
Adam Byrne
Billy Dardis

I reckon there could be a clearout because they've signed Fardy as well as 7 academy graduates and are looking to sign James Lowe from the Chiefs. The highlighted players look the most likely to stay.

Bringing through 7 from the academy is good going.  Also considering two of them are outhalfs in Ross Byrne and Joey Carbery, those are usually hens-teeth to find.

The signing of Fardy as a lock still feels a bit wierd would it be better to have a pure lock enforcer than a flanker being outsized moving to the second row, we must be expecting a good few of our current options not to be around next season. And with Ryan coming through the system and Molony still very young there some decent competition appearing in the second row.

McCarthy is heading to Narbonne for next season. That's one lock gone from the squad for next season

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17 - Page 6 Empty Re: Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:50 pm

Who are the 6 at Ulster?

Van der Merwe (Moving to Cardiff at end of season)

Coetzee

Pienaar (Unfairly forced out by Nucifora/IRFU at end of season)

Piutau

Projects: (both Irish qualified next season)

Herbst

Ludik

We were allowed two projects this season because Ireland have their eye on Ludik. Probably never play for Ireland, but does give them options.

So, for next season:

Coetzee

Botha

Piutau

Project:

Possible LH Prop.

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:26 pm

Who are the 6 in Ulster he asks?

Then he names them Laugh

So you will have 4 next season like we have had for the last 4 seasons.

Do you want a medal?

I'm sure Munster won't have 9 next season either.

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:30 pm

St John The Enforcer wrote:Who are the 6 in Ulster he asks?

Then he names them Laugh

So you will have 4 next season like we have had for the last 4 seasons.

Do you want a medal?

I'm sure Munster won't have 9 next season either.

Only if you're including projects.

I was just setting out who is at Ulster, John. No need to be a complete prick about it.

Maybe Ulster supporters angst with the IRFU is getting under your skin? Our angst about Nucifora forcing Pienaar out isn't directed at Leinster. No need to be so precious about it, petal.

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:34 pm

No need to call someone a complete pr1ck because you don't agree with them.

Or refer to them as petal when you wouldn't be seen dead doing it to their face.

So there's no need to be so precious about it eh... Munchkin.

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:38 pm

St John The Enforcer wrote:No need to call someone a complete pr1ck because you don't agree with them.

Or refer to them as petal when you wouldn't be seen dead doing it to their face.

So there's no need to be so precious about it eh... Munchkin.

Listen, if you're going to waffle on about "medals", etc, expect some fire in return. If you're too sensitive for the fight, don't start one, petal. Take up knitting, or flower arranging. Something more suited to your sensibilities.

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:52 pm

Believe me I am not sensitive at all. No interest in "fighting" (as you put it) online. People who engage in horseshidt like that are usually too sensitive to do it in real life.

Have a look in that mirror lad. See who's being "sensitive"

I'll leave you to it.

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 6:11 pm

St John The Enforcer wrote:Believe me I am not sensitive at all. No interest in "fighting" (as you put it) online. People who engage in horseshidt like that are usually too sensitive to do it in real life.

Have a look in that mirror lad. See who's being "sensitive"

I'll leave you to it.

Well, it isn't me. You're the one doing the complaining.

Fair enough, we will leave it there Smile

kiss

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 06 Mar 2017, 6:20 pm

Oops .... I didn't realise that was such serious stuff.

Anyway. Let's all be friends again.

Good news to make us all smile. Nucifora is getting the sack. Neil Francis is taking over. Run

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Mar 2017, 7:07 pm

SecretFly wrote:Oops .... I didn't realise that was such serious stuff.

Anyway.  Let's all be friends again.  

Good news to make us all smile.  Nucifora is getting the sack.  Neil Francis is taking over. Run  

Sure he couldn't be any worse Smile  Although, just to be fair, the IRFU should give the job to Humpreys, or me angel

Anyway, the fighting's over, and peace has broke out. It was just a storm in a D Cup Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 07 Mar 2017, 5:26 pm

Really nice goodbye message from Zane Kirchner to the Leinster faithful:

"To a badge and a fraternity that literally turned my life around. A place that became home. Friends that grew closer then family.  From me and my family we humbly thank everyone for the adventure. To the organisation, from top to bottom, thank you for allowing me to set foot in a club which I believe is the best that I've ever been.

To the Leinster blue faithful, I hope that even for a little while I brought joy to your presence at our games. The roar and memories of the RDS is something I'll carry and treasure for the rest of my life.

I am very grateful.”

And thank you too, Zane.  Your efforts were much appreciated.  Come back and see us sometimes.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Mar 2017, 6:32 pm

Interesting that he's moving to Dragons. The WRU are to take over the Dragons, and maybe they want someone with Kirchner's experience to help with coaching?

It's also alleged that the WRU are to take over Cardiff. Peter pies will probably settle for a financial return on his investment over the years, or at least some of it.

Interesting times for Welsh rugby.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 07 Mar 2017, 7:06 pm

Munchkin wrote:Interesting that he's moving to Dragons. The WRU are to take over the Dragons, and maybe they want someone with Kirchner's experience to help with coaching?

It's also alleged that the WRU are to take over Cardiff. Peter pies will probably settle for a financial return on his investment over the years, or at least some of it.

Interesting times for Welsh rugby.

?

Say it softly - Welsh rugby finally admitting that for a Nation of a certain size, the Irish way ain't a bad way to attempt survival?

There's a particular Welsh rugby supporter that will not be pleased with such developments.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Mar 2017, 8:31 pm

Nothing written in stone, from I can see but, if the Regions move towards the Irish model, I can envisage certain supporters having a breakdown. I think that would be very entertaining Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 07 Mar 2017, 9:27 pm

Munchkin wrote:Nothing written in stone, from I can see but, if the Regions move towards the Irish model, I can envisage certain supporters having a breakdown. I think that would be very entertaining Very Happy

Apparently the Blues would just be 'managed' by the WRU for two years while the Arms Park is redeveloped because the Blues cant afford to run the team at the best of times never mind when their income is down

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 08 Mar 2017, 8:49 am

marty2086 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:Nothing written in stone, from I can see but, if the Regions move towards the Irish model, I can envisage certain supporters having a breakdown. I think that would be very entertaining Very Happy

Apparently the Blues would just be 'managed' by the WRU for two years while the Arms Park is redeveloped because the Blues cant afford to run the team at the best of times never mind when their income is down

There will be melt downs from various quarters if Kerdiff start playing at Sardis Road Very Happy
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Wed 08 Mar 2017, 3:02 pm

Ludik only stayed on the insistence of the IRFU

Kearney was looking dodgy re injuries, Jones retired, Schmidt not a fan of TOH.
They wanted cover just in case

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Mar 2017, 3:25 pm

marty2086 wrote:

I have read that Cardiff will run differently to the Dragons, marty. Don't know what that means, but your comment sheds some light on it. It could just be a temporary fix, but still seems odd that the WRU will have to manage Cardiff, what ever that means?

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 3:49 pm

Munchkin wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

I have read that Cardiff will run differently to the Dragons, marty. Don't know what that means, but your comment sheds some light on it. It could just be a temporary fix, but still seems odd that the WRU will have to manage Cardiff, what ever that means?

I think Wales Online have an article on it, apparently the idea is that the WRU takeover the contracts of the players and coaches for two years or however long the work goes on. Apparently they have a £500k shortfall they currently have to cover every season and that'll double when they leave CAP, not sure how though when the big stadium is being considered as a replacement in the short term and I doubt the WRU would overcharge them or burden them with as many of the costs they currently have.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Mar 2017, 4:27 pm

It's strange that they will take over players/coaches contracts if Peter pies remains the owner, unless he is leaving and the WRU will look for a new owner, or take ownership themselves. I'm probably missing something Erm

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 4:40 pm

You're just missing he who shall not be named coming on ranting and raving about it and giving unbiased clarity to it all

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Wed 08 Mar 2017, 4:46 pm

Isn't the ownership of the blues and Cardiff RFC all a little complicated? Don't Cardiff athletic club own all the land and lease it to the blues? And if I remember the athletic club compromises a cricket and hockey club as well as the rugby club. So who is redeveloping the site?

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 4:58 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/full-truth-whats-going-cardiff-12704271

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Mar 2017, 5:11 pm

marty2086 wrote:You're just missing he who shall not be named coming on ranting and raving about it and giving unbiased clarity to it all

It would be great if the WRU were to take ownership, if only to see his reaction Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Mar 2017, 5:16 pm

marty2086 wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/full-truth-whats-going-cardiff-12704271

Thanks, marty.

This is the really interesting bit:

"Would the current Blues bosses resume control and financial responsibility once the ground is completed or would the Union stay at the helm?

Might it even be a mixed ownership model, involving both the Union and private investment?"

So, still up in the air, but does strongly hint at the WRU having greater control, in some form.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 08 Mar 2017, 5:22 pm

Phill called me and asked me to give the thread this message:

Miffed Munch and Mighty Mouse Marty, you two tiresome idiots still can't back up your comments with references.  
Prove I'd be pi-ssed if the WRU took ownership of Clubs they cannot possibly own unless they pay the market price for.  Prove I'd be pis-sed.  You have no links.  Where's your links Martyn and Munchkinyn?  You two don't even know how to do a Google search much less prove your opinions with links.

You have no clue about business practices as your lack of knowledge of Section 3, sub paragraph 4 of the 'Corporate Structure of Big Legal Words and Profit Principle Private Equity Foundation Stock Renewable Dynamics Directives' proves.  And no, I don't have to show you the link as you can't show me the link you claim to have that proves I'd be pis-sed.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Wed 08 Mar 2017, 5:31 pm

Frighteningly accurate fly

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Mar 2017, 5:46 pm

SecretFly wrote:Phill called me and asked me to give the thread this message:

Miffed Munch and Mighty Mouse Marty, you two tiresome idiots still can't back up your comments with references.  
Prove I'd be pi-ssed if the WRU took ownership of Clubs they cannot possibly own unless they pay the market price for.  Prove I'd be pis-sed.  You have no links.  Where's your links Martyn and Munchkinyn?  You two don't even know how to do a Google search much less prove your opinions with links.

You have no clue about business practices as your lack of knowledge of Section 3, sub paragraph 4 of the 'Corporate Structure of Big Legal Words and Profit Principle Private Equity Foundation Stock Renewable Dynamics Directives' proves.  And no, I don't have to show you the link as you can't show me the link you claim to have that proves I'd be pis-sed.

'Miffed Munch' Very Happy I probably deserve that Erm

I have my links. Inform Phil to check out WikiLeaks, Vault 7, or just ask his television.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 08 Mar 2017, 5:55 pm

"or just ask his television"

Laugh

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 08 Mar 2017, 5:58 pm

I'm going to use that in some future correspondence with some likely lads I talk to on other threads.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Mar 2017, 10:35 pm

SecretFly wrote:I'm going to use that in some future correspondence with some likely lads I talk to on other threads.

Should keep them occupied for a while Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 21 Mar 2017, 12:38 pm

Dave Foley off to Pau.

World Rugby are in Dublin today inspecting Croke Park & Aviva for Rugby World Cup.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 21 Mar 2017, 12:42 pm

Sin é wrote:Dave Foley off to Pau.

World Rugby are in Dublin today inspecting Croke Park & Aviva for Rugby World Cup.

Aren't World Rugby in Dublin every day?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Thu 30 Mar 2017, 2:41 pm

Lancaster has indicated hes staying at Leinster. The coaching team seems to be doing a great job this year so delighted thats its staying together.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2017/0330/863721-stuart-lancster-leinster-contract/

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 3:08 pm

Golden wrote:Lancaster has indicated hes staying at Leinster. The coaching team seems to be doing a great job this year so delighted thats its staying together.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2017/0330/863721-stuart-lancster-leinster-contract/

Great news. Next Ireland coach?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:07 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Golden wrote:Lancaster has indicated hes staying at Leinster. The coaching team seems to be doing a great job this year so delighted thats its staying together.

The sooner the better.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 30 Mar 2017, 7:37 pm

Sin é wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

The sooner the better.

Even more Leinster players. It's a win win. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:53 pm

It's disappointing that Munster are letting the next POC (according to Sin é after his Ireland debut) leave and recruit backrows to play lock.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 31 Mar 2017, 6:07 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:

It's disappointing that Munster are letting the next POC (according to Sin é after his Ireland debut) leave and recruit backrows to play lock.

Donnacha Ryan is only 6'5 which is too small for a lock (apparently) was never going to cut it. Laugh

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:22 pm

From IRFU website:
Donnacha Ryan
Height 1.98 m (6' 6")
Weight 114 kg (17 st 13 lb)
Iain Henderson
Height 1.96 m (6' 5")
Weight 112 kg (17 st 8 lb)
Ultan Dillane
Height 1.98 m (6' 6")
Weight 115 kg (18 st 1 lb)

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:41 pm

Henderson is not only 6 foot 5.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:50 pm

Just going on what they say on IRFU website. Why would they claim he was smaller than what he actually is?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 01 Apr 2017, 12:05 am

I don't know, but I think they take their stats from the provincial websites. The Ulster website have some strange statistics for the players that don't make sense.

Either way, if you believe the IRFU stats...

Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17 - Page 6 September-2015-ireland-locks-iain-henderson-left-and-paul-oconnell-picture-id542480842?s=594x594

I guess that means Paul O'Connell was too small for International rugby, considering he was slightly shorter than a 6 foot 5 Ulsterman.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 01 Apr 2017, 12:22 am

The IRFU only have the Diplomatic stats.  It's known that Nucifora's office holds the real stats:

From IRFU's Performance Director's website:
Donnacha Ryan
Height 2.06 m (6' 9")
Weight 122 kg (19 st)
Iain Henderson
Height 1.65 m (5' 5")
Weight 60 kg (9 st 6 lb)
Ultan Dillane
Height 1.98 m (6' 6")
Weight 115 kg (18 st 1 lb)

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 01 Apr 2017, 12:23 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:

Irish Provinces NEWS & GOSSIP thread 2016-17 - Page 6 September-2015-ireland-locks-iain-henderson-left-and-paul-oconnell-picture-id542480842?s=594x594

Henderson is obviously standing on a chair in that pic... thus why they are not showing a full view.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 01 Apr 2017, 12:45 am

Fake news.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 11:02 am

I wonder is Conor Murray partially to blame for Ireland's impotent back line? His biggest weakness has always been the speed of his distribution.

We never seem to score from first phase because we dont seem to be able to get the ball to our backs before the opposition defence has set.

While Murray was sidelined there is a case for saying that the Ireland and Munster back lines have looked more threatening. For Ireland Marmion definitely speed things up V England and Duncan Williams had a very good game in terms of distribution for Munster.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Mon 03 Apr 2017, 11:34 am

Even more fake news

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 03 Apr 2017, 12:41 pm

Nah...there's a truth there.  I been tellin' Joe for years to get a whip out for Conor.  That lad needs a few stings on the bum to pump his distribution rate up.  His heart rate is too calm..... and that blasted twirling of the ball as he waits to put in to the scrum proves the consistent lethargy.  
He's looking at the fast boys now from the sideline and he knows there'll be comparisons.  Good for Conor.  It might finally get him off his sleeping-pill addiction. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Mon 03 Apr 2017, 12:46 pm

Complete horse manure.

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next