The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+4
James100
Good Golly I'm Olly
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 3 Empty SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 12 Aug 2016, 3:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

SURREY HAVE NAMED A 14 MAN SQUAD FOR THE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST WARWICKSHIRE AT EDGBASTON STARTING ON SATURDAY.
Kumar Sangakkara returns to the squad after playing in the recent Caribbean Premier League and winning the competition with the Jamaica Tallawahs. Gary Wilson and Arun Harinath are both named in the squad.
There is no place in the squad for Ravioli
The Surrey squad to play Warwickshire at Edgbaston on Saturday 13th August, Sunday 14th August, Monday 15th August and Tuesday 16th August :
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Ben Foakes
Mark Footitt
Arun Harinath
Stuart Meaker
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Dominic Sibley
Gary Wilson
So the question is will Footitt share drink duties with Harinath and Wilson?
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 3 Empty Re: SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 4:32 pm

roy gone Doh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 3 Empty Re: SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 15 Aug 2016, 4:34 pm

Roy falls for 36.  Another useful partnership - this time of 54. I don't think we have enough runs yet, by some way.  Let's hope Sanga and Davies can take the lead past 300.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 4:38 pm

and ronnie gets kumar as well game being thrown away mad

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 15 Aug 2016, 4:38 pm

Sanga goes for an excellent 88 - I don't like the look of this!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:01 pm

Olly - when you've been around as me, you'll know to look at the Surrey scoreboard with 'Boycott' eyes! Wink Two gone soon after tea and life not looking so rosy.

Bl**dy Ronnie! mad Mind you, it was about time he showed up here with the ball. Btw, I understand he's dual qualified to play for England or the West Indies. He hasn't got the elegance for England but he would be head and shoulders above most in the Windies side.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:13 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Olly - when you've been around as me, you'll know to look at the Surrey scoreboard with 'Boycott' eyes! Wink Two gone soon after tea and life not looking so rosy.

Bl**dy Ronnie! mad Mind you, it was about time he showed up here with the ball. Btw, I understand he's dual qualified to play for England or the West Indies. He hasn't got the elegance for England but he would be head and shoulders above most in the Windies side.

Lead is now nearing 300, those two wickets a blow to my ideal scenario but far from fatal with Davies and Sam at the crease, with Tom and Batty to come we are still on top - whilst the pitch may have lost some its zip from days 1/2, it will surely take more spin tomorrow which obviously plays nicely into our hands.

A good return to the team for Sanga too - a shame he couldn't ton it up but in the context of the game knocks of 49 and 88 are of vital importance.

I would now look to try and bat out the day, maybe bat for 2/3 overs in the morning so we can allow Guildford to make the point about the openers not being sure about when they'll come in and less preparation time ( Wink ) and then bowl them out for 150 - simple game Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:18 pm

lead goes past 300 clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:22 pm

1,000 first class runs for the summer for steve davies clap
guildford leading the applause Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:27 pm

another 50 partnership lets try for 100 Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:28 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Olly - when you've been around as me, you'll know to look at the Surrey scoreboard with 'Boycott' eyes! Wink Two gone soon after tea and life not looking so rosy.

Lead is now nearing 300, those two wickets a blow to my ideal scenario but far from fatal with Davies and Sam at the crease, with Tom and Batty to come we are still on top - whilst the pitch may have lost some its zip from days 1/2, it will surely take more spin tomorrow which obviously plays nicely into our hands.

A good return to the team for Sanga too - a shame he couldn't ton it up but in the context of the game knocks of 49 and 88 are of vital importance.

I would now look to try and bat out the day, maybe bat for 2/3 overs in the morning so we can allow Guildford to make the point about the openers not being sure about when they'll come in and less preparation time ( Wink ) and then bowl them out for 150 - simple game Whistle

Oi, watch it! And don't think I missed you stealing my line about the difficulty of scoring the highest innings score in the 4th dig! Very Happy

I do agree we're still on top but not so completely now. With both Roy and Sanga gone early in this session, a bit more caution seems sensible - I'll be happy if circumstances permit an early declaration in the morning.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:36 pm

Hmmm. Maybe I'll think again about the declaration. We're currently leading by 332 with 4 wickets and 14 overs left in the day. Get another 38 in the next 7 - gives us the 370 lead and still 5 overs to bowl at 'em tonight (lose 2 overs on change of innings).

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:40 pm

can't be long before sam is playing for england what a talent Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:42 pm

lead goes past 350 Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:45 pm

50 for sam clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:47 pm

44 ball fifty for Sam Curran

What an outrageous talent he truly is
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:51 pm

100 partnership clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:53 pm

TOM furious

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:53 pm

Will we declare and have a quick 3/4 overs tonight?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 15 Aug 2016, 5:59 pm

Great partnership by Sam Curran and Davies. I would be inclined to bat for as long as we can tonight if we are still scoring runs.  Sam Curran not far short of his highest first class score of 71.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:14 pm

390 all out, a lead of 395 - a fantastic second innings effort that.

Warks require 395 to win, and have a tricky two overs to face tonight.

We're in prime position to win this match - and quite frankly shouldn't lose it from this position
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:17 pm

All out with a lead of 395.

Two overs for the Bears to face tonight ... assuming they don't wangle a bad light stoppage as they did at the end of day one.

Hope they send in a nightwatchman - that card trick won't work twice!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:20 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Will we declare and have a quick 3/4 overs tonight?
no #itk

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:21 pm

yessssssssss TOM you beauty Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:24 pm

nightwatchman in

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:28 pm

What a magnificent days play for Surrey that was - the wicket at the end a real blow to Warwickshire. If we can pickup the nightwatchman early tomorrow we're in business
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:33 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:1,000 first class runs for the summer for steve davies clap
guildford leading the applause Laugh  

That includes the Uni game, so not all proper runs. Wink

Look, just to try and con you lot into thinking I'm not a miserable old git, I'll acknowledge that Davies can hold a bat. It's his personality being too flaky for me that I get bugged about.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:56 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:What a magnificent days play for Surrey that was - the wicket at the end a real blow to Warwickshire. If we can pickup the nightwatchman early tomorrow we're in business

Absolutely.

Meaker did brilliantly today but nightwatchmen normally roll over quickly. If one of the Currans doesn't get Wright early doors, I would line up Meaks to have a dart at him.

Massive apologies if this turns out to be a jinx but hard to see us losing from here. Warks will be conscious - at least for a lot of the morning - that they're already one down and will need to go steady. TC's wicket was so important. Make no mistake, the Bears have got some good batsmen. However, even if they do put together a decent platform, that will still leave a lot of clobbering for the likes of Ronnie to do later on which in turn should create chances.

And now - sadly, in some ways - I have to take my leave of you all for two weeks as I'm off on hols early in the morning. I feel a bit like Michael Caine in The Italian Job with the coach tottering over the edge of the cliff as the credits roll [please don't say anyone fails to understand that!]. Very Happy

PS I've put some cyber money behind the Corporal's bar for you all to have a drink tomorrow night! Ale thumbsup

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 15 Aug 2016, 7:32 pm

Undoubtedly one of Surrey's best days in the cc this season. Really good to see nearly all the batsmen contributing, and a very useful wicket at the end for Tom Curran.

The wicket has eased and the forecast is for hot and sunny tomorrow, so I imagine Batty and Ansari will have a fair bit of work to do.

Have a really good holiday, Guildford.  Yup - there's a decent kitty for the drinks tomorrow evening.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Aug 2016, 10:50 am

Have a good holiday Guildford!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Aug 2016, 11:40 am

Night watchman removed for 24 from a run out by Batty!

Hopefully pickup another two wickets this session - need Bell early
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Aug 2016, 11:59 am

Footitt gets Chopra caught behind

Trott and Bell at the crease - goes without saying that this is the crucial partnership for Warks
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:16 pm

Meaker gets Trott!

6 wickets to go...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:52 pm

Afternoon all (well Olly, anyway).  Warks 69 - 4 after 29 overs.  We've got some important wickets this morning - and the run out sounds like a bonus. Warks have scored 16 - 0 in the last 10 overs, digging in against our two spinners.

As we've often said, Warks bat very deep so there is a very long way to go.  Just have to hope that the spinners can start to pick up the odd wicket here and there to keep momentum going through the afternoon.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 16 Aug 2016, 12:58 pm

Btw - I liked Meaker's interview after close of play yesterday.  Made several references to his going for the genuine all rounder slot. Laugh

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 16 Aug 2016, 1:45 pm

Ansari bowls Evans for 9. clap clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Aug 2016, 1:47 pm

Great start to the afternoon session - 5 to go!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 16 Aug 2016, 2:23 pm

Please no repeat of middlesex Erm

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 16 Aug 2016, 2:34 pm

Afternoon Jimbob!  It's not going to be easy - the pitch must have eased considerably.  Our nightwatchman, Meaker, batted a long time yesterday and Warks' nightwatchman was only dismissed today by a run out.  And looking elsewhere, Hants (with even longer to bowl out Notts) have so far only taken 3 wickets in 65 overs. 

Let's hope we can get at least a couple more before tea.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 16 Aug 2016, 2:52 pm

Batty strikes to dismiss Bell! Yahoo Important wicket.  Lord Nelson strikes at 111 - 6.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 16 Aug 2016, 2:59 pm

Afternoon corporal 2 more before tea would be perfect

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Aug 2016, 3:19 pm

Second new ball is going to be crucial
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Aug 2016, 3:44 pm

Sam Curran bowls Rikki Clarke on the stroke of tea
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 16 Aug 2016, 3:46 pm

Wkt for Batty face on the stroke of tea Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 16 Aug 2016, 3:59 pm

We needed that. Getting very tense. Team effort so far - six bowlers each taken one wicket + a run out.

Next up Ronnie! Rolling Eyes

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Aug 2016, 4:24 pm

Meaker gets Ronnie caught behind for 4!

(Davies appears to be doing a more than capable job with the gloves)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 16 Aug 2016, 4:34 pm

Two wickets to go!  New ball due in 6 overs.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 16 Aug 2016, 4:46 pm

Footitt gets Patel caught in the slips!

One to go!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 16 Aug 2016, 4:48 pm

Footitt! Yahoo

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 16 Aug 2016, 4:49 pm

YESSSSSSS what a win Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 16 Aug 2016, 4:51 pm

Batty! Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo  Great victory by the lads.  Real team effort. clap clap clap

The bar is open,courtesy of Guildford.  Someone will have to drink his share #hic

Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Whisky Whisky Whisky Whisky Whisky RedWine RedWine RedWine RedWine guinness guinness guinness guinness Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next