The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eubank Jr pulls out of fight

+4
Herman Jaeger
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Tom
8 posters

Go down

Eubank Jr pulls out of fight  Empty Eubank Jr pulls out of fight

Post by Mr Tom Mon 19 Sep 2016, 1:35 pm

Eubank pulled out of his upcoming Lonsdale belt defence via a biZzare statement. 

Can't find the link at the moment but Warren is suitably peeved!

Apparently it's a serious elbow injury and he has vacated the belt.

Mr Tom

Back to top Go down

Eubank Jr pulls out of fight  Empty Re: Eubank Jr pulls out of fight

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2016, 1:37 pm

They talked about it being a "blessing in disguise" which they seem to think means they can now discuss terms for fighting GGG.

Eddie should say, "The terms are the same as last time with one condition...if your Dad comes anywhere near the negotiating table, I'm getting Anthony Joshua to punch him in the face!"

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Sep 2016, 3:10 pm

Golovkin v Eubank has sailed away....

The kid loves his Dad...The Dad is clueless....

Something will have to give..and it will eventually.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Sep 2016, 6:38 pm

I saw the Warren video, whilst I am not his biggest fan it is hard to disagree with much of what he says. Eubank has stated he is streets ahead of domestic competition and has no interest in fighting at this level. Frank asks the seemingly reasonable questions that if you’re not interested in fighting domestic fighters, why did you sign the contract in the first place, and if you’re above domestic level why did you blow the Golovkin fight and dump your interim belt when the Jacobs fight was mooted.  Seems fair to ask if you don’t want to fight domestic fighters but won’t fight world level fighters who do you actually want to fight?

It seems an almost universal theme at the minute but the viewpoint that Chris needs to get rid of his father from the team does seem a reasonable one. That he has no experience of managing fighters goes without say but you can’t help but get the impression he is living his career again vicariously through Jr. Nonsensical, impenetrable tweets and statements may be amusing but if they are reflective of how he approaches negotiations one can understand why both Hearn and Warren have been driven to absolute frustration in dealing with them.  He genuinely seems more interest in generating headlines and confounding the expectations of fans than progressing his son’s career.  

The team also seem to have a completely inflated opinion of Jr’s worth and standing in the game. I rate him, I think he has talent, however the truth remains he has fought one guy who could be classed anywhere near world class in Saunders and he lost, it was close and he did not disgrace himself but it does not change the truth of that statement.

Personally I’m at a loss to see what the plan is here, whilst the withdrawals and the like get him plenty of headlines they don’t earn him money. In order to do that he would actually have to take some fights. All he seems to have done so far is to have annoyed the two most prominent promoters in Britain, the two broadcasters with any commitment to boxing, all the while earning a reputation as a fighter and team who are almost impossible to deal with. I guess the only positive thing you could say for them at the minute is he is about the one thing Hearn and Warren seem to be in complete agreement on.

Have to feel sorry for Langford in all this, whilst Eubank may not consider a £300,000 purse a huge amount can be fairly sure to Langford it represented a significant payday.

It will be interesting to see where he goes next, the Golovkin fight was obviously very good money that went begging and if what Warren says is to be believed the Langford fight was also pretty decent for a Lonsdale belt defence. I hope for the kids career that his next fight is the kind that suggests Snr knew what he was doing all along and represents a chance for Eubank to make good money and a statement in terms of opposition. My suspicion is it will do neither of these things, which seems a shame.

Last edited by Rowley on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 19 Sep 2016, 6:46 pm

Losing patience with English why sign the contract this shows scant regard for those fans who got tickets accommodation etc dirty business isn't it

Junior should dump English

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 20 Sep 2016, 10:50 am

Eubank is clearly clueless with the general public perception of him. He will never be taken in by the British public and has no win to match the front he and his dad has.

As he reckons he's another level above donestic he should fight a former or fringe fighter with a name in the US. A fight with Peter Quillen could be good if both need a fight to raise their profiles.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Wed 21 Sep 2016, 8:11 am

Apparently it happened in sparring with a14st opponent blah blah blah.

The pair of them are idiots beyond belief. The fact Jr thought it was acceptable to have his Dad in the ring between rounds posing for the BJS fight I think shows he will never get rid of him. The only person allowed in the ring and his Dad does that, WTF???

Also when the pair of them after the Blackwell fight went along with that nonsense he held back to protect despite you can clearly hear the instruction finish him off before going out for the 10th was vile. Used to really like Eubank Snr as a fighter but can't stand the attention seeking moronic c**t now.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 21 Sep 2016, 8:48 am

The kid needs to ditch the old man but completely under his thumb. And that's coming from someone who wants to see the kid do well. Needs the right pr machine behind him got a lot of ability

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2016, 9:28 am

The lad needs to find his own identity. I liked seeing him leap over the top rope like his old man in the 90's but he can't just be a carbon copy of his old man. I admit it's gonna be virtually impossible for him to surpass his father's accomplishments but he should at least do his damnedest to be known as something other than Chris Eubank's son

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 21 Sep 2016, 10:03 am

Rowley wrote:I saw the Warren video, whilst I am not his biggest fan it is hard to disagree with much of what he says. Eubank has stated he is streets ahead of domestic competition and has no interest in fighting at this level. Frank asks the seemingly reasonable questions that if you’re not interested in fighting domestic fighters, why did you sign the contract in the first place, and if you’re above domestic level why did you blow the Golovkin fight and dump your interim belt when the Jacobs fight was mooted.  Seems fair to ask if you don’t want to fight domestic fighters but won’t fight world level fighters who do you actually want to fight?

It seems an almost universal theme at the minute but the viewpoint that Chris needs to get rid of his father from the team does seem a reasonable one. That he has no experience of managing fighters goes without say but you can’t help but get the impression he is living his career again vicariously through Jr. Nonsensical, impenetrable tweets and statements may be amusing but if they are reflective of how he approaches negotiations one can understand why both Hearn and Warren have been driven to absolute frustration in dealing with them.  He genuinely seems more interest in generating headlines and confounding the expectations of fans than progressing his son’s career.  

The team also seem to have a completely inflated opinion of Jr’s worth and standing in the game. I rate him, I think he has talent, however the truth remains he has fought one guy who could be classed anywhere near world class in Saunders and he lost, it was close and he did not disgrace himself but it does not change the truth of that statement.

Personally I’m at a loss to see what the plan is here, whilst the withdrawals and the like get him plenty of headlines they don’t earn him money. In order to do that he would actually have to take some fights. All he seems to have done so far is to have annoyed the two most prominent promoters in Britain, the two broadcasters with any commitment to boxing, all the while earning a reputation as a fighter and team who are almost impossible to deal with. I guess the only positive thing you could say for them at the minute is he is about the one thing Hearn and Warren seem to be in complete agreement on.

Have to feel sorry for Langford in all this, whilst Eubank may not consider a £300,000 purse a huge amount can be fairly sure to Langford it represented a significant payday.

It will be interesting to see where he goes next, the Golovkin fight was obviously very good money that went begging and if what Warren says is to be believed the Langford fight was also pretty decent for a Lonsdale belt defence. I hope for the kids career that his next fight is the kind that suggests Snr knew what he was doing all along and represents a chance for Eubank to make good money and a statement in terms of opposition. My suspicion is it will do neither of these things, which seems a shame.

It just seems so odd considering how well Sr. was guided by Barry Hearn (in a financial sense at least).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 21 Sep 2016, 10:51 am

is it that odd when hearn is a shrewd business man and eubank senior is an ex pug who was completely dingbats even before he took a lot of head shots

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down