The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six weeks to fighting and no opponent named for Joshua

+20
ShahenshahG
Mr Bounce
smashingstormcrow
melv500
rapidringsroad
Hammersmith harrier
B.A. BARACUS
LivinginItaly
Herman Jaeger
Atila
TRUSSMAN66
BoxingFan88
bhb001
milkyboy
TopHat24/7
catchweight
AdamT
hazharrison
Pedro147
Rowley
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Six weeks to fighting and no opponent named for Joshua - Page 2 Empty Six weeks to fighting and no opponent named for Joshua

Post by bhb001 Tue 11 Oct 2016, 7:42 am

First topic message reminder :

This feels a bit shambolic really. A world title fight, heavy weight at that, and no opponent named. This is fine when building a reputation, but he is suppose to be the man to beat now!

I can think of at least one person who has been in training who could step in, though I doubt Wlad would be that interested. He would get some kudos for it though and he is more qualified than the vast majority of contenders out there. Yeah, dream on ...

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Six weeks to fighting and no opponent named for Joshua - Page 2 Empty Re: Six weeks to fighting and no opponent named for Joshua

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 12 Oct 2016, 9:17 pm

milkyboy wrote:We only deal in rumour on here bhb, we don't do facts or truth.

Even 8 weeks is a short lead time... But then Eddie could sell out a fridge conference in lapland in a matter of minutes, if he does it through stubhub... And both fighters are in training. Stranger things have happened with fewer dollars at stake.

Good luck getting a date, truss is usually free on a weekend

He can pay like everybody else..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Six weeks to fighting and no opponent named for Joshua - Page 2 Empty Re: Six weeks to fighting and no opponent named for Joshua

Post by Atila Sun 16 Oct 2016, 1:32 pm

Daily Mail is reporting that Joshua will fight Klitschko on December 10th.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/index.html

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 16 Oct 2016, 3:06 pm

Apparently to be held in the Manchester Arena? Seems quite small a venue for that fight. Wonder what pricing will be like? (not that you would have much of a chance getting one).

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 16 Oct 2016, 3:13 pm

Joshua got a great chance in England without the spongy canvas I think he's too quick for Wlad but really good fight Wlad going to be pumped to get that title back huge personal mission for him and his legacy

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Oct 2016, 3:35 pm

Josh v Wlad is a..One round blowout....Wlad didn't want to get hit against Fury....

AJ's power is more intimidating.

Be like Lewis v Golota.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Sun 16 Oct 2016, 4:19 pm

I guess the unknown variable will be how AJ responds to the power of Vlad, in particular if he lands with a few good jabs early on. Will AJ be scared to open up or will he be prepared to take a punch to land a punch?

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 16 Oct 2016, 4:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Josh v Wlad is a..One round blowout....Wlad didn't want to get hit against Fury....

AJ's power is more intimidating.

Be like Lewis v Golota.
I wouldn't be surprised to see this fight going like Lewis v Tua. With Klitschko being Lewis and Joshua being Tua.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 16 Oct 2016, 4:55 pm

Hopefully Joshua will make the step up and finish Klitschko but I am siding with Klitschkos experience against Joshuas youth.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 16 Oct 2016, 6:07 pm

Aj will decimate Wlad. A few rounds.

Wlad can't pull the trigger anymore.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 16 Oct 2016, 6:20 pm

Got to say I am surprised to see Klitschko being so readily dismissed. He has lost one fight in 11 years, and that to a fighter stylistically very different to Joshua. Also Joshua thus far has fought nobody. It is arguable his best opponent so far is Whyte and he caused him some issues, albeit brief. Appreciate Wlad is not exactly everyone's favourite heavyweight round here but he is not absolute rubbish. This is far and away AJ's toughest test and by no means a foregone conclusion.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 16 Oct 2016, 6:35 pm

I'll be sticking a few bob on Klitschko to frustrate Joshua over 12 rounds.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 16 Oct 2016, 7:06 pm

Agreed, no foregone conclusion at all

Good fight

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by B.A. BARACUS Sun 16 Oct 2016, 8:01 pm

Easy nights work for Wlad.

Joshua is too green and in my opinion, nothing special - a modern day Frank Bruno, just not as good.

Whyte caused him problems and he is nothing more than a domestic level fighter.

Wlad must be thinking xmas has come early.

Odds will be skewed as AJ is the home favourite but i shall be sticking 100 notes on Wlad to win and win comfortably - easy money.

B.A. BARACUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 16 Oct 2016, 8:06 pm

Better stamina than Frank and I don't want this to come off as disrespectful to Frank but seems to like a fight more than Frank did?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 16 Oct 2016, 8:11 pm

No way of knowing how good his stamina is to be fair, he has only gone seven rounds so far.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 16 Oct 2016, 8:14 pm

Gut feeling going on the Whyte fight he's stamina is better than that of Frank's

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 16 Oct 2016, 8:37 pm

I would be surprised if stamina was a major factor for Joshua. Klitschko has done more rounds but he is older and likes to fight to a measured pace. A higher pace might suit Joshua more.

I dont know if Joshua has developed the boxing skillset or movement to stop Klitschko's rythym. He fights quite upright and direct which I think will suit Klitschko style of establishing his jab and setting up those straight right hands.

Joshua is a wicked puncher though, so he may only need a half an opening to take Klitschko out. And his punching power is bound to make Klitschko even more tenatative than usual.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Oct 2016, 9:04 pm

Wlad fights in straight lines......Corrie Sanders is the best straight puncher he's faced in ten years....He demolished him and made him look clueless......

Joshua punches straight and hard like Sanders....

All wrong for Wlad........Wlad needs smaller slobs to maul.....Fury was too big to maul and spoil...

Very limited fighter Wlad.....At a time where limited was good enough..

It isn't good enough against Joshua...

Won't go three..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 16 Oct 2016, 9:31 pm

Sanders was totally different to Joshua. A left hander who's southpaw stance, lateral movement and ambush style of fighting demolished Klitschko.

It was Fury's boxing, more than his size that flummoxed Klitschko. His jab, movement and unpredictability. Threw Klitschko off his usual regime and took away his attack.

Impossible to know if Joshua is all wrong for Klitschko yet. Klitschko could be all wrong for Joshua. If Breazeale and Whyte could go past 3 rounds with Joshua, Klitschko is more than capable.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Oct 2016, 9:37 pm

We can disagree...

Sanders punched straight down the middle....Wlad was gunshy against Fury..

But it's only my opinion..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 16 Oct 2016, 9:53 pm

21,000 in Manchester just means higher ticket prices, the demand for a fight of this magnitude will be there ten fold.

AJ within 5, Wlad seems over the hill now and against a big puncher I can't see him letting his hands go, if Fury had him thinking then so will AJ.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Sun 16 Oct 2016, 10:11 pm

I think it could be like the Lewis Tua fight though as well as having a knockout punch Joshua has a better reach than Tua had but I still think Wlad can win this. Looking forward to the fight.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 17 Oct 2016, 7:32 am

They have agreed terms.

Aj will smash him in a few rounds. Easy money!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 17 Oct 2016, 7:38 am

Difficult fight to call, but the best one to be made at the moment. People saying that Joshua has never fought anyone of the ability of Wlad have a point, but, let's be fair, neither had Tyson Fury. Siding with my heart on this one and going for Joshua.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 17 Oct 2016, 10:28 am

Stating the obvious really but it's all down to wlad's jab for me, if Joshua finds a way past it he knocks him out... If he doesn't it's a long night... Or potentially a short one the other way if wlad does a pulev.

I think Joshua brings a bit of hand speed and punch variety to go with his power, he won't just pot shot like haye... But he's up against a big strong guy who understands distance and hits very hard. Definitely be paying for this one.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 17 Oct 2016, 10:52 am

Wlad won't want to throw the jab. He will be gun shy. Joshua is just as big as him and a lot younger.

AJ will get him out of there super quick. Nice wee pay day for Wlad's retirement.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Mon 17 Oct 2016, 11:20 am

Issue for me is we dont really know how good AJ is, he hasn't fought a top 10 HW yet. everyone judging Klit by the Fury fight but I think that was down to style more than Klit being over the hill. He couldn’t get inside Fury because of his size and we all know Klit never takes risks.

Joshua is smaller and more aggressive than Fury but don’t forget Klit has a good defence and a good jab. I think AJ will come forward and end up getting frustrated and leave himself open then will have one with his name on it. Klit maybe a bit gun-shy bit he wont look a gift horse in the mouth and he can bang. Klit has slowed down but I don’t think he was ever exactly fast, he always relied on his technique. His defence is still good and it wasn’t like Fury was teeing off on him at will, I dont even remember a big punch being landed in that fight. All AJ’s opponents so far have basically been target practice and it wont be anywhere near as easy in this fight. Also add to that Fury in the build-up was doing everything he could to wind up Klit and I think to some degree it worked. AJ is way too media trained for that and will be respectful which is good for Klit.

I do agree with what Trussman says that straight line fighters do trouble him but I dont think AJ is walks forward throwing like Sanders did. Sam Peter caused him issues too but again I wouldn’t compare AJ to him.

Lastly to add Klit jumped at this fight. He could have turned it down and ended up fighting a much weaker opponent to get a piece of the titles back. Sure he would get paid less but a couple of easy defences would make hima few $$$$ for sure so maybe he has seen something in AJ that makes him confident.

Interesting fight and not surprised if I am wrong but I am going Klit by KO in the 5/6th.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 17 Oct 2016, 12:24 pm

It's good to see a split on who wins. It makes the fight exciting. Some back Joshua and some Wlad.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 17 Oct 2016, 12:26 pm

On Boxing Rec, Joshua's next fight has now been changed to 10th December, which backs up the rumour that a deal is being done.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 17 Oct 2016, 12:32 pm

I am really excited for this fight. Make or break for Aj.

If he gets the job done the way I expect him to. Then the HW division will have a genuine star.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 17 Oct 2016, 1:54 pm

AdamT wrote:Wlad won't want to throw the jab. He will be gun shy. Joshua is just as big as him and a lot younger.

AJ will get him out of there super quick. Nice wee pay day for Wlad's retirement.

Too gunshy to throw a jab?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2016, 2:04 pm

milkyboy wrote:
AdamT wrote:Wlad won't want to throw the jab. He will be gun shy. Joshua is just as big as him and a lot younger.

Yeah, apparently the bell will ring and he will just stand in the corner afraid to move and wee will dribble down his leg

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 17 Oct 2016, 2:24 pm

milkyboy wrote:

Might throw A jab, but don't expect many.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Mon 17 Oct 2016, 2:31 pm

bhb001 wrote:On Boxing Rec, Joshua's next fight has now been changed to 10th December, which backs up the rumour that a deal is being done.

Boxrec have been known to announce forthcoming fights based on rumours...

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 17 Oct 2016, 3:03 pm

I'm hoping it doesn't come off, I'm in London on the 10th for a gig I'd rather not go to.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 17 Oct 2016, 3:04 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I'm hoping it doesn't come off, I'm in London on the 10th for a gig I'd rather not go to.

What would your prediction be Hammer??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2016, 3:27 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I'm hoping it doesn't come off, I'm in London on the 10th for a gig I'd rather not go to.
Spice Girls reunion?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 17 Oct 2016, 3:31 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Spice Girls reunion?

Maybe Take That??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 17 Oct 2016, 3:35 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Spice Girls reunion?

Dave, he said a gig he DIDN'T want to go to.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 17 Oct 2016, 4:08 pm

I'd expect this to be a fairly cautious affair when it happens. Whilst it seems not many on here have too much respect for Wlad's abilities one person who does is Joshua. He has sparred with him previously and in every interview I have seen with him he has been most complimentary. Whilst that is unlikely to see him sit in his corner petrified, nor is he going to tear in gung ho. In every interview I've seen from AJ he is very respectful of Wlad's power, preparation and conditioning. I think he will go in there knowing he is in with a guy more than capable of punishing him should he make careless mistakes or if he ignores his defence. Throw this in with Wlad's naturally cautious approach and this could be intriguing rather than exciting.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2016, 4:42 pm

Rowley wrote:I'd expect this to be a fairly cautious affair when it happens. Whilst it seems not many on here have too much respect for Wlad's abilities one person who does is Joshua. He has sparred with him previously and in every interview I have seen with him he has been most complimentary. Whilst that is unlikely to see him sit in his corner petrified, nor is he going to tear in gung ho. In every interview I've seen from AJ he is very respectful of Wlad's power, preparation and conditioning. I think he will go in there knowing he is in with a guy more than capable of punishing him should he make careless mistakes or if he ignores his defence. Throw this in with Wlad's naturally cautious approach and this could be intriguing rather than exciting.
Agreed, the very definition of a chess match...just hope AJ knows how to play chess!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 17 Oct 2016, 5:19 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Spice Girls reunion?

Bullet for my bloody valentine.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2016, 5:57 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Spice Girls reunion?

Bullet for my bloody valentine.
Little Mix

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 17 Oct 2016, 5:58 pm

Cool I'm seeing bullet in Nov

Can't wait

Killswitch supporting as well :-)

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct 2016, 7:32 pm

Rowley wrote:I'd expect this to be a fairly cautious affair when it happens. Whilst it seems not many on here have too much respect for Wlad's abilities one person who does is Joshua. He has sparred with him previously and in every interview I have seen with him he has been most complimentary. Whilst that is unlikely to see him sit in his corner petrified, nor is he going to tear in gung ho. In every interview I've seen from AJ he is very respectful of Wlad's power, preparation and conditioning. I think he will go in there knowing he is in with a guy more than capable of punishing him should he make careless mistakes or if he ignores his defence. Throw this in with Wlad's naturally cautious approach and this could be intriguing rather than exciting.

Agree to a certain extent...I think he started off cautious against the unbeaten Martin and then realised he was in with garbage..

Think he'll start behind his jab and then soon take advantage of a hesitant Wlad..

He's never been past 7 and a 1/2 rounds....Not in his interest for a long night..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 17 Oct 2016, 10:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Agree to a certain extent...I think he started off cautious against the unbeaten Martin and then realised he was in with garbage..

Think he'll start behind his jab and then soon take advantage of a hesitant Wlad..

He's never been past 7 and a 1/2 rounds....Not in his interest for a long night..

Don't think Wlad will be hesitant if he gets in his jabbing rhythm

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct 2016, 10:35 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Don't think Wlad will be hesitant if he gets in his jabbing rhythm

He averaged 14 punches a round against Fury.......Wlad has the tools but he didn't fancy Fury..Heaven knows what will happen when he looks over at AJ...

But hope I'm wrong.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 17 Oct 2016, 10:52 pm

I dont think Klitschko lacked bottle against Fury. He just lacked the actual adaptability to do anything about Furys tactics.

He wasnt under any obligation to take a Fury rematch and he wasnt under obligation to take on Joshua. So I dont think hes afraid of them. He's just a really limited plan A fighter than doesnt have much to offer when hes stripped of his fundementals.

I hope Joshua is expecting this to be as easy most others as we could get a really good fight then. The last guy that stood upright and attacked Klitschko in straight lines made Klitschko look better than he has in years. Hopefully Joshua will prove to be many levels up from Pulev and use those fast, hard punches to overwhelm Klitschko. I wouldnt be expecting Klitschko to be showing up for a pay day and throw no punches though. He will be looking to slot into his familiar jab and grab routine from the get go I think.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2016, 10:52 pm

As well having to contend with Tyson Fury's unorthodox messy style, Wladimir also had to contend with a 4 inch reach disadvantage.  

With Anthony Joshua, Wladimir only has a 1 inch reach disadvantage and someone with a more predictable boxing style.  So Wladimir should find the fight with Joshua easier than Tyson.  

Wladimir is well tested and experienced but he is getting on in age.  Joshua is still improving and still lacks experience.  He has yet to go beyond 7 rounds and has only been tagged once with a decent head shot and that was with Dillian Whyte - Joshua was shaken and vulnerable and a more seasoned professional than Whyte would have finished Joshua off.  It's really a question of how fit and strong Wladimir is.  I still think Joshua is a work in progress and he only seems to have been "tested once" - with Dillian Whyte.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct 2016, 10:55 pm

catchweight wrote:I dont think Klitschko lacked bottle against Fury. He just lacked the actual adaptability to do anything about Furys tactics.

He wasnt under any obligation to take a Fury rematch and he wasnt under obligation to take on Joshua. So I dont think hes afraid of them. He's just a really limited plan A fighter than doesnt have much to offer when hes stripped of his fundementals.

I hope Joshua is expecting this to be as easy most others as we could get a really good fight then. The last guy that stood upright and attacked Klitschko in straight lines made Klitschko look better than he has in years. Hopefully Joshua will prove to be many levels up from Pulev and use those fast, hard punches to overwhelm Klitschko. I wouldnt be expecting Klitschko to be showing up for a pay day and throw no punches though. He will be looking to slot into his familiar jab and grab routine from the get go I think.

We see what we see......But he let the belts go without engaging whether he could adapt or not....Fury isn't Ray leonard..

I don't think he was afraid of Fury till he got in there....So I'm not reading too much into taking the Josh fight..

I hope you're right I really do.......But I think he's a flat track bully.......Top 20 because of his longevity......But a flat track bully..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next