The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt Dawson questions Premiership unity in club v country talks

+4
yappysnap
SecretFly
No 7&1/2
LordDowlais
8 posters

Go down

Matt Dawson questions Premiership unity in club v country talks Empty Matt Dawson questions Premiership unity in club v country talks

Post by LordDowlais Fri 14 Oct 2016, 11:02 am

Things are not right here, what is going on ? There is definitely something simmering here, do you think Matt Dawson has a point ?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/37651330

For those of you who do not want to access the link:-

England World Cup winner Matt Dawson has questioned the unity between Premiership clubs after only seven of them turned up for a meeting with national boss Eddie Jones.

Six Premiership bosses and one other coach met Jones after criticism of England's tough training camp.

A Premiership Rugby spokesman said the meeting was "very amicable".

But Dawson said it was "bizarre" only seven clubs attended, adding: "It doesn't show a unity to me."

Listen: Matt Dawson's Rugby Show

BBC Sport understands no-one from Leicester, Exeter, Gloucester, Northampton or Sale were present - although they did send their views to Premiership Rugby director Phil Winstanley, who chaired the meeting.

"If they're going to make statements about the intensity of England training, then surely the directors need to get together and go to Eddie Jones and say 'this has to be sorted out'," Dawson told BBC Radio 5 live.

"Rob Baxter [Exeter boss], who was quite outspoken, wasn't there. How important do these directors of rugby really see it?

"If I was Eddie Jones I would be thinking 'why are you giving me all of this stick for the last week or so if you can't even come here and give it to my face?'"

Sam Jones, Anthony Watson and Jack Nowell were all injured during last week's sessions.

"It was a good meeting," the Premiership spokesman said. "Very amicable and constructive, with everyone committed to working together in the interests of clubs and country.

"The nature of any relationship means you have occasional differences. The key thing is to work through them and find solutions."

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Matt Dawson questions Premiership unity in club v country talks Empty Re: Matt Dawson questions Premiership unity in club v country talks

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 14 Oct 2016, 11:21 am

Yes and no. I suppose it shows good unity among the clubs; they're willing to have one spokeman for them all. As long as they are happy with that and it works in regards outcomes no problems. Perhaps better to keep raw emotion from the meeting.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Matt Dawson questions Premiership unity in club v country talks Empty Re: Matt Dawson questions Premiership unity in club v country talks

Post by SecretFly Fri 14 Oct 2016, 12:51 pm

"very amicable"

PRL Members: "Now look here, Mr Jones.  We, the members, are not best pleased!  Not best pleased at all at the.....

Jones: "F**k off, and there's the door to use when you're doing it."

PRL Members: "Em.................. and...... and it better not happen again.  Let's go lads, we've said enough here."
Run

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 14 Oct 2016, 1:02 pm

Dawson obviously knows the ins and outs of PRL and Eddie Jones' coaching...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Fri 14 Oct 2016, 2:47 pm

PRL Members: "Em.................. and...... and it better not happen again. Let's go lads, we've said enough here."

Hang on a cotton pickin minute Fly - is this the cabal that's trying to take over world rugby you are talking about here - retreating from a midget ozzie who's broken some of their key players?

I am confused...

(that's quite usual mind you)
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 14 Oct 2016, 5:52 pm

..oh I know all that Trail. Cool My hidden little point was just my initial reaction to anyone going into Eddie for a nice friendly chat and with the intention of getting him to change his mind or his approach. Eddie has a short fuse for people he regards as people below his intellectual rugby capacity (ie everyone Wink )

So I was just having a little laugh about that idea that the meeting was 'very amicable.'

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Mon 17 Oct 2016, 10:42 am

Gotcha.

And totally agree Eddy doesn't do 'amicable' - before he became the New Messiah I always thought of him as a poisonous sly little sh1te of a man, of course I now think he is absolutely wonderous, but still a poisonous little sh1te (only he's OUR poisonous etc etc). I can imagine he might be amicable if you held a shotgun to his head - but I still wouldn't believe him.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 17 Oct 2016, 11:41 am

It would have been relatively pointless Glaws turning up, as we don't have any players good enough to get into the England team Rolling Eyes
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 17 Oct 2016, 12:19 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:It would have been relatively pointless Glaws turning up, as we don't have any players good enough to get into the England team Rolling Eyes

Moriarty would of...
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 17 Oct 2016, 12:27 pm

munkian wrote:
HongKongCherry wrote:It would have been relatively pointless Glaws turning up, as we don't have any players good enough to get into the England team Rolling Eyes

Moriarty would of...

Would need even more injuries for that to happen....

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down