The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton rematch announced

+5
Herman Jaeger
hazharrison
marty2086
Pedro147
terryaki01
9 posters

Go down

Frampton rematch announced Empty Frampton rematch announced

Post by terryaki01 Thu 20 Oct 2016, 4:54 pm

On SSN, looks like it will be in Belfast as well. As Iam from Belfast I am naturally biased but still quite sure he can do the business again.
It will prob be at Windsor park or Ravenhill, to big a fight now for the odyssey perhaps. Thoughts?
PS, no talk of mayweather or manny please!

terryaki01

Back to top Go down

Frampton rematch announced Empty Re: Frampton rematch announced

Post by Pedro147 Thu 20 Oct 2016, 5:00 pm

First fight was great, do you know if it'll be this side of Xmas or after?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 20 Oct 2016, 5:02 pm

terryaki01 wrote:On SSN, looks like it will be in Belfast as well. As Iam from Belfast I am naturally biased but still quite sure he can do the business again.
It will prob be at Windsor park or Ravenhill, to big a fight now for the odyssey perhaps. Thoughts?
PS, no talk of mayweather or manny please!

Not sure where you get that idea from all parties have said all along it will be Vegas or LA

An outdoor in Belfast in winter is a no go

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 20 Oct 2016, 5:07 pm

Being reported as NY or Vegas on Jan 28.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by terryaki01 Thu 20 Oct 2016, 5:15 pm

Wherever it is taking place, I am happy the fight is signed. Hopefully will be able to say he beat LSC twice, think Carl will be able to iron out errors from the first fight-he knows he can tag him and outbox him over 12 rounds.

terryaki01

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 20 Oct 2016, 6:35 pm

Was hoping for either Belfast or LA but it looks like LA or Vegas

I said I'd never pick against Frampton again but if it's in LA I'd fancy Leo to reverse the loss and possibly set up a lucrative trilogy if it's pleasing on the eye like the first one

If it's Vegas Carl just might be able to do it again but it's nearer to home for Santa Cruz who you'd expect to start quicker this time

I'm expecting another very good scrap maybe even better than the first one fairplay to Frampton going to America back to back world title fights!

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 30 Nov 2016, 9:26 am

https://youtu.be/aHlbIwFz3T8

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 30 Nov 2016, 9:55 am

Andy Murray was always going to win it but to beat Quigg and Santa Cruz back to back and not be shortlisted is one hell of an omission by the BBC:

https://youtu.be/lV_fkfJhiu4

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 30 Nov 2016, 10:06 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:Andy Murray was always going to win it but to beat Quigg and Santa Cruz back to back and not be shortlisted is one hell of an omission by the BBC:

https://youtu.be/lV_fkfJhiu4

The overlooking of NI athletes overall is shocking, not only Frampton but the likes of Bethany Firth too who won 4 Olympic medals and 2 European medals and you have Jamie Vardy in there who scored most of his goals in 2015

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 30 Nov 2016, 10:15 am

While I understand frustrations about the selection process, its a popularity contest not a sporting achievement one. Does anybody over the age of 10 really give a hoot about SPOTY.  The only thing that can be virtually guaranteed is that the great British public will give it to someone with no discernible personality.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 30 Nov 2016, 10:15 am

Yeah Frampton never going to win in (Murray and Farah far more impressive in my eyes) but to not be on the list at all is a massive oversight. I am most certainly biased though being from N.I so would be interested in the views of the Scottish/English/Welsh posters.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 30 Nov 2016, 10:27 am

Who cares, its spoty, Fury missed out last year (although he did get nominated) am not sure the wider world see's Framptons achievments as great (unfortunately)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 30 Nov 2016, 10:30 am

Derbymanc wrote:Who cares, its spoty, Fury missed out last year (although he did get nominated) am not sure the wider world see's Framptons achievments as great (unfortunately)

Its decided on by 'sporting experts' and journos though so the wider world is irrelevant

Fury was nominated for his opponent losing a fight more than him winning it, Frampton went into the backyard of two undefeated fighters and won.

Nicola Adams who did well her competition wasn't exactly great

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 30 Nov 2016, 10:36 am

I've got to disagree with that Marty, Framptons was close enough that people could say he didn't really win it either (both statements i disagree with)

Nicola Adams is in it to shine a spotlight on the womens side (whilst she shouldn't be can't fault the sport gettinga bit of exposure though)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 30 Nov 2016, 10:43 am

But he did win it though that's the thing and there were some said the same about Fury that it was a close call because of just how poor the fight was but still got nominated

Granted it was going to be hard this year but is it the panels job to highlight the sport? Especially as shes like going pro soon and will give it plenty of exposure? Along with Katie Taylor fighting 3 times in less than 6 months theres plenty of opportunity for the sport to be highlighted

The issue I think though is that many just don't give NI a thought and forget about it

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 30 Nov 2016, 10:48 am

marty2086 wrote:But he did win it though that's the thing and there were some said the same about Fury that it was a close call because of just how poor the fight was but still got nominated

Granted it was going to be hard this year but is it the panels job to highlight the sport? Especially as shes like going pro soon and will give it plenty of exposure? Along with Katie Taylor fighting 3 times in less than 6 months theres plenty of opportunity for the sport to be highlighted

The issue I think though is that many just don't give NI a thought and forget about it

Spot on that really Marty, It gets brought up every year though with SPOTY i'm sure it used to be a massive thing when i was younger but don't see that many people bothering with it (think you can get tickets on tickets for troops as well for any of you mod/ex mod people)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 30 Nov 2016, 11:21 am

Interesting article in the Belfast Telegraph about it, their Sports Editor seems to think its more a self promotion exercise for the BBC

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/news-analysis/carl-frampton-has-bbc-on-ropes-over-sports-personality-award-snub-35255400.html

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 30 Nov 2016, 11:49 am

Framptons achievements this year have been excellent, he deserved a nomination!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down