The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My newest article on Bellew

4 posters

Go down

My newest article on Bellew Empty My newest article on Bellew

Post by Derbymanc Fri 21 Oct 2016, 8:02 am

http://www.topclassboxing.co.uk/Articles/bellew_give_a_guy_a_break.html?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

My newest article on Bellew Empty Re: My newest article on Bellew

Post by melv500 Fri 21 Oct 2016, 8:41 am

Bellew is a Grade A Tw*t which is about as mildly as can put it. I genuinely can't stand him but boxing is littered with fighters like him and if truth be told it's quite good watching someone fight you dislike so much in the hope they get beaten. He's got the WBC belt which he won fair and square so you can't discredit him for that. If he wants to loud mouth off in his own division like he has done for years then that's fine and although highly annoying that's his perogative.

You say boxing needs characters but boxing really does not need this fight. It's a completely fabricated rivalry in order to con fans out their money. In my eyes it's a complete mismatch. Bellew basically sees a lifetime payday and invented this whole thing for money. His last PPV was farcical and this is even worse in my opinion. We get ripped off enough by Matchroom with all of AJs PPV against grossly overmatched opponents and this is the same. I bet the Americsnd can't believe the UK "fans" pay for this bullsh*t.

If and its a big IF Bellew won a unification at CW then maybe this fight is more credible but as it stands he hasn't. The whole thing is a joke however that's what's happening now on these shores and staggeringly people pay for it.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2016, 8:42 am

As a said yesterday....GO, MELV!!!!! (I've got your back, buddy)

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Fri 21 Oct 2016, 8:57 am

Thanks Dave, you're the best Hug

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 21 Oct 2016, 9:30 am

Derbymanc wrote:http://www.topclassboxing.co.uk/Articles/bellew_give_a_guy_a_break.html?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

Nice article mate! thumbsup

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 21 Oct 2016, 9:37 am

On the subject of Bellew/Haye.

I wish they told Haye he was getting a fight against Bellew. Only when he approaches the ring, does he realise that Anthony Joshua is standing, ready to take his head off.

The look on Hayes face would be priceless.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 21 Oct 2016, 10:01 am

I'm Kind of with melv too... Not sure you want Dave to have your back though... Better to have him in front of you where you can see him.

Bellew is awful when he's pumped full of adrenaline/in fight hype mode... Unfortunately that's how we normally see him. Playing the loud mouth professional scouse hard man role. When he's in calm mode, he comes across fine.

The line between 'character' and 'tw*t' is often a fine one. And the former is often a euphemism for the latter.

It's not the real issue here though. I've no real beef with bellew trying to hype up a huge pay day for himself. This sort of thing has always happened in boxing.  The issue is the 'mismatch room'/sky axis, pandering and encouraging it with a bunch of yes men expected to toe the corporate line...When, if they had integrity, they'd be saying, 'Tony's just going off on one again. This is not a fight any boxing fan should entertain'. But they're not going to say that, because their paymasters expect them to play along.

Money money money.

It's not the real problem here

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 21 Oct 2016, 3:03 pm

Totally agree re the PPV angle Melv and milky. As I stated though you can't really fault Bellew for chasing the money fight if Matchroom will back it up. Yes it's not ideal but then neither is a lot of boxing and I personally like Bellew as a character and he seems an half decent guy too.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down