The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye punches Bellew at media event!!

+12
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Dipper Brown
BoxingFan88
Seanusarrilius
Herman Jaeger
hazharrison
lfc91
Derbymanc
AdamT
EX7EY
16 posters

Go down

Haye punches Bellew at media event!! Empty Haye punches Bellew at media event!!

Post by EX7EY Wed 30 Nov 2016, 1:25 pm

Haye and Bellew squared up today, for the first time since the fight was announced I believe. Heads came together, Bellew shoved Haye who returned with a left hook. This mismatch is bad for the sport.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Haye punches Bellew at media event!! Empty Re: Haye punches Bellew at media event!!

Post by EX7EY Wed 30 Nov 2016, 1:27 pm

Can't provide a link as I'm at work but I think it's on IFLTV on youtube. Theres also an interview with Belew after it happened and im pretty sure theres swelling onthe right side of his face after that haha

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Haye punches Bellew at media event!! Empty Re: Haye punches Bellew at media event!!

Post by AdamT Wed 30 Nov 2016, 2:24 pm

Seen it. WWE set up crap. If Haye punched him proper, he would be out cold.

This will add 200k ppv and I will certainly not pay for this dung.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 30 Nov 2016, 2:29 pm

Think stuff like this is terrible, not only for the sport but in general. Plus how come they get away with it, pretty certain i'd be in trouble if i smacked someone just because i didn't like them Whistle

(Although it would be great if this caused the whole fight to be called off)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 30 Nov 2016, 2:31 pm

Didn't look as if it connected to me?

I assumed the same, bit of pre-planned agro. Both pocket a few million then best mates after.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 30 Nov 2016, 2:43 pm

Same old Matchroom circus. Same thing happens with every "grudge match" and Kooogs is standing by to tweet out the HEAVYWEIGHT BEEF headlines.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 30 Nov 2016, 2:49 pm

Definitely was planned. Idiots will buy this farce. Haye ko's Bellew anytime he wishes, both hug and kiss as best friends, with a couple of mill added to their accounts.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 30 Nov 2016, 3:07 pm

Eddie Hearns bad for boxing imo

Let's do our own boycott from now on and agree not to comment on the fight from today, no more threads no more discussion

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 30 Nov 2016, 3:09 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Eddie Hearns bad for boxing imo

Let's do our own boycott from now on and agree not to comment on the fight from today, no more threads no more discussion

Haye needs the money and his mate is helping him out. Creating a fake hatred. It is sick. The Groves and Froch rivalry was sincere. This is rubbish!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Nov 2016, 3:26 pm

Love it! I mean - Haye sparks him inside 4 if he is even 75% of his old self, but it will be fun. Streaming from Canada. Me no pay

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 30 Nov 2016, 3:54 pm

Was there a steel chair involved at some point?

On a serious note, the casual fans are lapping this all up

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 30 Nov 2016, 3:56 pm

I wish AJ would walk up and smack them for real.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 30 Nov 2016, 4:20 pm

Anyone see Adam Smith's facial expressions in the presser?

The man wants locking up..

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 30 Nov 2016, 5:58 pm

A few posters have hit the nail on the head. There's no rivalry or ill-feeling. I'm sure if you look through their twitter you'll see the usual 'good luck champ' tweets to one another and it will be all kisses and cuddles after the fight.

Sky are pulling out all the stops with their hype machine. Latest articles on their app portray Bellew as winning round 1, in a psychological game. It's all nonsense and an attempt to make a cynical mismatch seem like a heated rivalry.

People will buy into it, though. It's already sold out and expect PPV rates to go really well. Just don't expect a good undercard.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 30 Nov 2016, 9:43 pm

Is there going to be a t-shirt available? Whistle

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 30 Nov 2016, 9:59 pm

Apparently Bellew has Haye rattled..

It might go 2 rounds.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 30 Nov 2016, 10:05 pm

hazharrison wrote:Same old Matchroom circus. Same thing happens with every "grudge match" and Kooogs is standing by to tweet out the HEAVYWEIGHT BEEF headlines.

Spot on, same formula every time, contrived grudge, pushing and shoving at press conference, 'heated' gloves are off, p1ss poor fight. See you all in three months to do the same again. It won't happen, but I'd dearly love the BBBC to say to Haye this is not the first time you've been involved with stuff like this you've been warned before, you're banned for 12 months. Sink the whole sorry show. I'd laugh my head off in the unlikely event that happened.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 30 Nov 2016, 11:29 pm

It's all about the fight not the hype..

Bellew any better in any criteria ??

No..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 01 Dec 2016, 8:05 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's all about the fight not the hype..

Bellew any better in any criteria ??

No..

Talking I think he got the better of Haye...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 01 Dec 2016, 12:35 pm

Apparently Bellew is on record saying (and I am paraphrasing here) that Haye is only fighting him because he is broke and doesn't want a real challenge from a proper Heavy weight. If even he can't bother pretending that this is a competitive match, why should we!! Staged managed crap.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 01 Dec 2016, 12:37 pm

bhb001 wrote:Apparently Bellew is on record saying (and I am paraphrasing here) that Haye is only fighting him because he is broke and doesn't want a real challenge from a proper Heavy weight. If even he can't bother pretending that this is a competitive match, why should we!! Staged managed crap.

He said exactly that

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 12:03 am

Bellew will be a monster at heavyweight, and they genuinely don't like each other.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 7:34 am

aja424 wrote:Bellew will be a monster at heavyweight, and they genuinely don't like each other.

laughing Great to start the day with a laugh

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 02 Dec 2016, 9:13 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:
bhb001 wrote:Apparently Bellew is on record saying (and I am paraphrasing here) that Haye is only fighting him because he is broke and doesn't want a real challenge from a proper Heavy weight. If even he can't bother pretending that this is a competitive match, why should we!! Staged managed crap.

He said exactly that

Said haye was skint, ducked out of the chance to fight for a world title for one reason only... money... and that haye was a diva. It's not often I agree with bellew. Tony's own motivation is of course to feed his kids, which kind of involved him taking a money fight over a title defence or unification fight - but is entirely altruistic!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Fri 02 Dec 2016, 12:06 pm

Has anybody seen clips of the presser? I had tears of laughter at points. Bellew was shredding Haye a fair bit haha. Haye doing the usual 'this is for the fans....people stopping me in the street asking me to knock you out'. It's amazing how often Haye gets stopped in the street, does the man not have a car?!

Eddie Hearn also confirmed Haye is skint in an IFLTV interview afterward. Haye went to town on Eddie Hearn apparently at the start of the presser, havent seen it but it sounded hilarious. Hearn says it is absoluitely killing Haye that he has to go through him to get the payday. Says Haye has tried desperately to get himself on sky and Barney Francis gives him the cold shoulder and tells him to talk to Eddie hahaha.

Not that we didnt know already but now we definitely know why his come back fights have been on Spike / Dave? Can't remember which. Haha makes me chuckle.

Boxing literally is all about the benjamin franklyns isn't it. Floyd Mayweather is probably the smartest man in the boxing game, how ironic haha

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 1:20 pm

Francis has a contract with Hearn...He told Haye to talk to him....Not really the cold shoulder..

Haye is highly marketable...Bellew couldn't earn a million for a nightclub stiff..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 02 Dec 2016, 5:02 pm

If the next two sky ppv events are quick mismatches that they appear to be on paper then i think they will be risking getting their fingers burned with a bit of backlash. I hope so anyway. They are approaching overkill with it.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down