The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye v Bellew

+22
aja424
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
Adam D
Knowsit17
catchweight
Gentleman01
Coxy001
3fingers
ONETWOFOREVER
JabMachineMK2
Baby faced assassin
smashingstormcrow
spencerclarke
Hammersmith harrier
Steffan
melv500
mobilemaster8
AdamT
Herman Jaeger
BoxingFan88
Happytravelling
Seanusarrilius
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Haye v Bellew Empty Haye v Bellew

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 30 May 2016, 6:54 pm

Chances it happens?
Do you want to see it?
Who wins?

Bellew isn't silly calling Haye out. Easy million plus purse for his retirement. Haye would love it as he knows it's likely another easy payday.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Haye v Bellew Empty Re: Haye v Bellew

Post by Happytravelling Mon 30 May 2016, 7:39 pm

The UK boxing scene is really hot right now with lots of attractive match ups, Groves v Murray for a start.

The HW scene is also interesting if fury keeps going, with haye, price, Joshua, little fury etc.

For that reason, I can see haye boiling down to CW, even if he could (and i doubt he can anymore).

For what it's worth, I'd like to see the loser of Groves v Murray continue, as I think there is money to be made in the division for them. Just a longer road to anything meaningful, if ever.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 7:44 pm

Cant see this happening. Haye struggled making CW and even blames weight cutting for his shoulder injury. He wont make more money fighting Bellew at CW than he is currently making at HW, only way these 2 meet would be at HW and Haye wins by ko.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 30 May 2016, 7:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTWYaeSkDiI

Just adding fuel to the fire

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 8:00 pm

Good ole Dave! He couldn't let that one ride Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 30 May 2016, 8:39 pm

Not interested.

Want to see Haye fight a real heavyweight. Want to see Bellew fight his mandatory or Huck.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 30 May 2016, 9:06 pm

Why not do it at HW? Bellew would do or the money, I reckon

Haye is going to tred water until at 10 million pay day v Josh next year, in which he gets splatted. Everything until then will be a circus act

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 30 May 2016, 9:19 pm

Set up If u ask me. Probably be a catchweight of 210 or so. Haye could cut 10 or so pound of water.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 30 May 2016, 9:19 pm

Also Haye smashes him inside 2.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 30 May 2016, 9:21 pm

Could Haye still make Crusier? Bellew would get flattened quickly.

I'd sooner see Haye fight a genuine contender and for Bellew to unify at Cruiser against some good names. That's the ideal wishful world.

The reality world is Haye is fighting 44 year old Shannon Briggs and Bellew will likely fight someone like Ofalabi.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 30 May 2016, 9:24 pm

If Bellew beat his mandatory first(the Latvian lad who knocked out Manny Charr up at heavyweight,) then I could go for it. Would just prefer to see some real boxing but money talks as we know. All looks a bit stage-managed this so guess it makes sense.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 30 May 2016, 9:27 pm

definitely a setup, but Bellew gets paid and Haye get back on Sky. I could see it happening. Hyped to the beaximum

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 30 May 2016, 9:30 pm

I agree Sean. Big money fight at around 205-10 catch weight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 30 May 2016, 9:31 pm

AdamT wrote:I agree Sean. Big money fight at around 205-10 catch weight.

Haye was probably loving it when he heard Bellew shouting his name. Now he can go Briggs, Bellew and one other scrub before Joshua late summer next year.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 30 May 2016, 9:48 pm

Exactly, while banking a few mill. Fight Joshua for a bumper payday and if he pulls it off, he's the man again.

If he loses, he runs off with the cash!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Mon 30 May 2016, 9:53 pm

Def a setup. Why on earth would Bellew call out a fighter who hadn't fought at the weight in 8 years or so and struggled making it anyway? A pretty random fighter to name and talk about so specifically otherwise.

Don't like Bellew or this fight really but will be nice to see him get splattered and "no two ways about it"...

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 May 2016, 10:30 pm

Haye v Bellew. One of those fights where it's a shame that both fighters can't lose

An easy payday for Haye though which basically means this fight will happen

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 30 May 2016, 10:31 pm

I'd definitely like to see Bellew fight Grigory Drozd too before Haye. Although I've never seen the lad, some people call him the best cruiserweight in the world.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 31 May 2016, 9:06 am

It wouldn't be vaguely interesting, Haye has far too much of everything for Bellew to handle.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue 31 May 2016, 9:49 am

The build up would be horrible. Both of the mouthing off like two chavs on a Friday night. Just stick to your own divisions gents. Plenty of much better fights to watch out there.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Tue 31 May 2016, 10:01 am

I suspect it's just a little bit of publicity for both of them.

It's not impossible though, if they can agree a weight. Somewhere around 210-215 I would think. No point losing too much muscle mass for a fight he doesn't really need.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 31 May 2016, 10:09 am

I think they could stretch 205. Haye weighs just over 224 at the minute. He could lose another 5-8 pounds, then shed the rest with water weight.

Haye will come in as a toned athletic 215 on fight night. Bellew will most likely come in as a fleshy 210. Haye too big! Too fast and too good. Over in a round or two.

Not interested in this fight.

Haye could drag out Martin Rogan or Audley Harrison for a rematch, the way he is carrying on.

Honestly! Does he think fighting this calibre of a fighter, will prepare him for Anthony Joshua??

Haye shouldn't even be using these guys for sparring partners. He is a good fighter but this match making is a joke.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 31 May 2016, 10:11 am

Adam

He got £1mil for his last two fights, nobody would turn that down for 5 minutes work, it's not pretty but he's a shrewd businessman.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 31 May 2016, 10:14 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Adam

He got £1mil for his last two fights, nobody would turn that down for 5 minutes work, it's not pretty but he's a shrewd businessman.

Yeah agree with that. He is a smart guy with the business side of things. If people are paying, why shouldn't he take these fights.

He should fight every 2-3months then. Stay in shape and maximise earning potential, for relatively easy nights work.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2016, 10:23 am

melv500 wrote:Def a setup. Why on earth would Bellew call out a fighter who hadn't fought at the weight in 8 years or so and struggled making it anyway? A pretty random fighter to name and talk about so specifically otherwise.

Don't like Bellew or this fight really but will be nice to see him get splattered and "no two ways about it"...
Bit like Khan suggesting he can drag Cotto over to the UK for a fight at WW

no two ways about it
Are you Ray Wilkins?

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Tue 31 May 2016, 11:12 am

Definately possible, atm Haye is 22 lbs above the cruiserweight limit which isnt tons of weight for such big guys (if little guys like Broner, Gamboa could rehydrate 20lbs then why can't haye)

Anyways prior to his return he fought Chisora, Wlad and Harrison at 210lbs,  while I don't think he can get down to that as he's added some.muscle I'm sure he can get below 220

Bellew needs/wants the fight more as unlike haye he can't make.millions each fight so I'm sure tony will be willing to go to 205/210 for the opportunity

Haye drained or not knocks bellew out inside 4, just too big and too strong and just too good
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 31 May 2016, 11:14 am

Haye isn't a rehydrated 220lbs with excess water in system so comparisons to the big hydrators is a little bit silly.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Tue 31 May 2016, 11:15 am

Why isn't that rehydrated

He won't need to be dehydrated if he's at 225 in a weight division that has no upper limit......
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2016, 11:16 am

No-one wants to see this fight, both parties should shut the f*ck up about it and get on with fighting decent opponents at their own weight. Bellew's seen the credit Khan got for fighting Alvarez and thinks being leveled inside three rounds will make him a hero. No, it will just make him a bloke who needs help remembering the difference between porridge and his bowel movements.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 31 May 2016, 11:18 am

That's the point he is a 'natural' 220lbs now, somebody like Broner puts on water mass after the weigh in.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 31 May 2016, 11:23 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:That's the point he is a 'natural' 220lbs now, somebody like Broner puts on water mass after the weigh in.

I see your point, but it's no different than a natural 170lber cutting to 154 or so.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 31 May 2016, 11:26 am

AdamT wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:That's the point he is a 'natural' 220lbs now, somebody like Broner puts on water mass after the weigh in.

I see your point, but it's no different than a natural 170lber cutting to 154 or so.

Froch and Alvarez would be the best examples of what i'm trying to explain, one of them is a rock solid 170lbs who wouldn't be able to cut down to 154lbs whilst the other isn't a true 170lber but can rehydrate up to it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 31 May 2016, 11:28 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
AdamT wrote:

Froch and Alvarez would be the best examples of what i'm trying to explain, one of them is a rock solid 170lbs who wouldn't be able to cut down to 154lbs whilst the other isn't a true 170lber but can rehydrate up to it.

I agree that Froch could no way get down to that weight. He is shredded. I have cut water before, but I'm far from an expert in it.

I do know, that Haye could never make 200 lbs in a million years. Maybe 205 is a push now as well, with his size gain.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 31 May 2016, 11:30 am

Weight in boxing is a weird one due to weight cutting and rehydration, watch the Donaire/Montiel fight and tell me who weighed more on the night?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 31 May 2016, 11:31 am

Please don't imply anything over 200lbs is a catchweight, thats just full heavy limit.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 31 May 2016, 11:32 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Please don't imply anything over 200lbs is a catchweight, thats just full heavy limit.

205lbs is a catchweight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 31 May 2016, 11:34 am

Didn't Donaire weigh more??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 31 May 2016, 11:40 am

Unofficially on the night there was a single pound between them.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 31 May 2016, 11:49 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Unofficially on the night there was a single pound between them.

Didn't look it.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2016, 11:50 am

Haye/Bellew is a chubby LH take on a legitimate (albeit relatively small) HW

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 31 May 2016, 11:59 am

Haye easy win

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 31 May 2016, 12:40 pm

Some are suggesting it's all stage managed, I don't think it is.

Most of us have access to Home Video Capture Technology and Social Media, and will use a combination of both for gain (monetary, repution, peddling an illusion etc).

Traveller have been call each other out for years in this way.

Some people just appear awkward when their mate films them, therefore it comes across as staged.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 7:43 am

DAVE667 wrote:
melv500 wrote:Def a setup. Why on earth would Bellew call out a fighter who hadn't fought at the weight in 8 years or so and struggled making it anyway? A pretty random fighter to name and talk about so specifically otherwise.

Bit like Khan suggesting he can drag Cotto over to the UK for a fight at WW

no two ways about it
Are you Ray Wilkins?

True about Khan.

Haha no not Ray Wilkins, check out Bellew, always says that.

Quick story about Wlikins. I was playing in goal against a team in Surbiton. I took a goal kick and guy behind the goal says "decent kick". I turn around and I spot who it is and say "you're Ray Wilkins". He puts his hands in his coat pockets, closes his eyes, starts nodding and says "how you doing fella"? No more was said or needed to be said!

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 9:41 am

Wasn't Haye something like 220lbs for his most recent fight? I mean it's akin to Khan asking Ward to come all the way down to LMW, just plain daft.

Saw a few headlines of Bellew calling Haye out at any weight this morning. Not quite sure what he's doing as it wasn't long ago he was taking a one sided beating off Stevenson and thinks he can live with a guy who's massively bigger and also better than himself.

Bellew should just concentrate on fighting the likes of Huck and co. He's a LHW who looks podgy at CW and would get smashed to pieces by Haye. Claiming they're the "same size" is a bit of a red herring and size isn't something he's seemingly able to grasp. PWill was 6'2 so by Bellews logic he's the same size as Haye.... Not quite old boy.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 12:48 pm

Bellew's also telling a tale about how he and David Price battered Haye during a sparring session back in 2005 and that Adam Booth can verify it. Apparently Haye's beating was so severe he postponed a fight with 24hrs notice (against Lolonga Mock?). Also says he's happy to fight Haye up at HW.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 12:57 pm

Cruiserweight limit is 200lbs.

Anything over is heavyweight. There are no restrictions thereafter.

205lbs is not a catchweight, because it is trying to be in a weightclass that doesn't exist with upper limits like the lighter weights. 155 is a catchweight within middleweight as the upper limit is 160lbs.

So if Bellew can make 200lbs+ then Haye should just fight him at whatever he is there and then. Haye didn't ask Valueve to make a "catchweight" of 250 did he?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 1:17 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Bellew's also telling a tale about how he and David Price battered Haye during a sparring session back in 2005 and that Adam Booth can verify it. Apparently Haye's beating was so severe he postponed a fight with 24hrs notice (against Lolonga Mock?). Also says he's happy to fight Haye up at HW.

Are we seriously supposed to believe that, back when this was alleged to have happened circa 2004, David Haye, a former amateur world silver medalist and a 10 fight pro on his way to a title shot, was being smashed around the ring by a nondescript and unheralded 21 year old Light heavyweight 3 years before he even made his pro debut? And we're supposed to believe that the shellacking Haye received from Bellew (and Price, another relatively unknown amateur at the time) was of such a severity that Haye had to pullout of his fight 24 hours later?

I appreciate that boxers often talk about how they've beaten up or outclassed other fighters in the gym, and I usually like these stories. They're a good conversation point, and I rather like how, in most cases, what really happened can't ever be fully verified which I feel adds to the debate.

But I mean, come on Tony. We're not that gullible. At least make them believable, lad.

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 1:24 pm

Gentleman01 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Bellew's also telling a tale about how he and David Price battered Haye during a sparring session back in 2005 and that Adam Booth can verify it. Apparently Haye's beating was so severe he postponed a fight with 24hrs notice (against Lolonga Mock?). Also says he's happy to fight Haye up at HW.

Are we seriously supposed to believe that, back when this was alleged to have happened circa 2004, David Haye, a former amateur world silver medalist and a 10 fight pro on his way to a title shot, was being smashed around the ring by a nondescript and unheralded 21 year old Light heavyweight 3 years before he even made his pro debut? And we're supposed to believe that the shellacking Haye received from Bellew (and Price, another relatively unknown amateur at the time) was of such a severity that Haye had to pullout of his fight 24 hours later?

I appreciate that boxers often talk about how they've beaten up or outclassed other fighters in the gym, and I usually like these stories. They're a good conversation point, and I rather like how, in most cases, what really happened can't ever be fully verified which I feel adds to the debate.

But I mean, come on Tony. We're not that gullible. At least make them believable, lad.

No no, Adam Booth, a man with no axes to grind, is able to verify this, completely independently. If Haye wants to set up a fight with Wilder, he can show the footage of him making Wilder look a c*nt in sparring, but Bellew has opted instead for the tried and tested method of saying stuff and then giving out the name of someone who had a well publicized falling out with Haye as proof positive.

Now, maybe footage does exist and if so I'll hold my hands up and say "fair play" then again I've also seen sparring footage of Mayweather and Paul Spadafora and it didn't hamper Mayweather's career or get Spadafora a fight will Floyd so I wonder how Bellew's going to secure this fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 01 Jun 2016, 1:28 pm

Why invent sparring stories when you can you just say that people stop you in the street all the time asking you to shut the so and so up?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 1:34 pm

catchweight wrote:Why invent sparring stories when you can you just say that people stop you in the street all the time asking you to shut the so and so up?

Haye's not inventing sparring stories, maybe Bellew's not either (although the proof it happened doesn't seem to be immediately forthcoming) but it wouldn't surprise me if Bellew is also suddenly inundated with people asking him to beat up David Haye and Bellew is suddenly responsible for uniting the people of Liverpool against a common foe (or at least one that's not Man Utd related). Won't be long before josh Warrington is telling everyone that people in Leeds are always asking him to beat up Lee Selby (although if I see him, I'll ask him if he's able to knock the skin of the rice pudding I'm holding, blow the froth off the coffee I'm holding or if he can punch his way out of the wet paper bag I'm holding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next