The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBBC to Investigate Haye over Bellew threats

+10
hazharrison
Mr Bounce
melv500
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
milkyboy
Scottrf
Rodney
Steffan
catchweight
14 posters

Go down

BBBC to Investigate Haye over Bellew threats Empty BBBC to Investigate Haye over Bellew threats

Post by catchweight Mon 27 Feb 2017, 4:38 pm

So how far is too far in these manufactured bad blood ppv events? Apparently Haye's recent comments have crossed the invisible line and the BBBC have said they will speaking with Haye to clarify his comments (I didnt think Haye could have spelt it out any clearer to be fair). A sample of the commentary as below:

Appearing on Soccer AM, the Bermondsey boxer punched his own hand in frustration when describing the fight.

He said: "I punch that hard. The only thing that is going to happen is serious damage to his head. He has put himself in a very dangerous position.

"I hope if he does care for his family like he says he does, he does not invite them to the fight.

"I'm looking at putting a combination together where he is unconscious but his brain hasn't told his legs to fall down and I'm still hitting him while he's upright.

"I've never had a fight where I really wanted to cave someone's skull in like this, ever."

“He has put himself in a dangerous position and I hope that if he does care for his family like he says he does, he does not invite them to the fight and makes sure he doesn’t let them watch the fight on TV. It will be quite sad to witness what I’m going to do to their dad and husband.

“I’m looking at putting a combination together that really hurts him, a Tommy Morrison-Ray Mercer finish where his brain hasn’t even told his legs to fall down and I’m still hitting him as he’s upright.

“I’m looking at doing a real number on him before the referee can even stop the fight, landing a few vicious haymakers.

“I don’t think he will even defend his WBC cruiserweight title after what I do to him. I would be very surprised if he is granted a boxing licence after this.

“It’s a good thing that he’s going to get a big payday for this because his WBC title will be a bit wasted.

“Maybe as the fight draws closer he will realise that it is curtains for him.

“It’s easy to be brave when you’re three or four weeks out but now it’s getting closer.

“He won’t be boxing after March 4, no way. Just like John Ruiz didn’t box, just like Mark de Mori, just like Nikolai Valuev.

“There are a lot of fighters when I fight them they stay hit forever and never fight again.

“He has said he is willing to die in the ring – I’m the last person on the planet you want to fight if you’re willing to die in the ring, if you’re willing to keep getting up because I punch so hard.”

Boxing chiefs feel the Hayemaker's recent comment have gone too far, with a number of head injuries blighting the recent reputation of the sweet science.

Scot "Iron" Mike Towell died from injuries sustained in the ring following a fight last October.

And middleweight Nick Blackwell was put in a coma after being stretchered from the ring following a fight with Chris Eubank jr, with recent reports suggesting he is unable to walk.

British Boxing Board of Control secretary Robert Smith confirmed an investigation was under way over Haye's threats.

Personally I think Bellew being hospitalised is not a far fetched outcome in this one so Haye might come to regret the comments even if it boosts ppv figures. Bellew or his part hasnt been shy about dishing out the insults and threats either. Are the BBBC right to involve themselves in the war of words or is it all part of the "bad blood" build up that fans want to see for these grudge matches?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

BBBC to Investigate Haye over Bellew threats Empty Re: BBBC to Investigate Haye over Bellew threats

Post by Steffan Mon 27 Feb 2017, 4:43 pm

When Bellew fought Nathan Cleverly the second time he encouraged his fans to chant SHEEPSHA**ER at Cleverly so him and his chav scum fans get all they deserve as far as I'm concerned. Not a fan of Haye but here's hoping he dishes out what he is saying. Hope Bellew has donated his body parts to science. What will be left of them anyway

Steffan

Back to top Go down

BBBC to Investigate Haye over Bellew threats Empty Re: BBBC to Investigate Haye over Bellew threats

Post by Rodney Mon 27 Feb 2017, 4:48 pm

Its unsavoury but unfortunately this seems to be the norm when it comes to Matchroom PPV events, Haye doesn't care about what he says as long as he creates some media noise. The whole set up is nothing short of farcical, another grudge match without one genuine reason. I imagine after the Goodison Park fight Hearn and Bellew set out a campaign in getting Bellew a retirement pay-day and Haye fits the plans perfectly I don't even think Bellew himself believes he has a chance. I'd like the BBBC to put a end to this verbal rubbish but I'm afraid its what the new generation of fight fans like to hear in a build up now.

Cheers
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 27 Feb 2017, 4:50 pm

Pretty disgusting language tbh.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 27 Feb 2017, 4:54 pm

I think the bar of good taste in boxing pre-fight rhetoric is set pretty low. But Haye may have achieved the seemingly impossible by limbo dancing underneath it to set it a bit lower.

No such thing as bad publicity sadly in these circumstances...

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Feb 2017, 4:58 pm

Never nice to see comments like this, the fight is a busted flush so this rhetoric is the only thing selling it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 27 Feb 2017, 5:05 pm

Let's be honest Bellew doesn't stand a chance. Haye knows it and Eddie knows  it and Bellew must be smoking Merseyside finest if he think he can win. Little dog Haye only takes fights he knows he can win nowadays. He will fight David Price after this. Gets over 100 emails a day asking him to knock him out apparently

Also...I don't like to see any fighter get hurt but in a sport where punching your opponent as hard as you can is the object I don't really find these type of comments that offensive. It will be all hugs and kisses afterwards anyway

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Feb 2017, 5:23 pm

Mystic Mandy's Pre and Post fight prediction.....

"Haye is a disgrace to Boxing"

"I'll stop Bellew as soon as I like....He's a bum"

----------------------------------------------------------

"Haye is not a disgrace to Boxing...It was all hype...He's an ATG great"

"Tony is a top quality Boxer and I wish him all the best for the future...."

Mystic Mandy is 20-0 (20)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Mon 27 Feb 2017, 5:32 pm

Hope Haye smashes him but saying that is going way too far. Hope Bellew gets badly ko'd but never want anyone to get any long term damage.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 28 Feb 2017, 4:18 pm

Taken from Boxing Worldwide:

https://www.facebook.com/BoxingWorldwide1/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

David Haye: Tony Bellew is risking his life facing me.

'He's risking his life, this isn't just about his career, I'll end his career, but his life is on the line. People say I shouldn't say this or that but it's the truth. He's talked himself into this situation with his big loud mouth and spoken about my children. I'm going to do some serious damage. I'm going to smash his Frak head in and cave his skull in. I want to knock him unconscious and then hit him again as he is falling to the canvas. He's a Frak prick.'

'The place (the press conference venue in Liverpool) absolutely stunk. Look at the state of them all, smelly, none of them had showered for about a week, and they were all loud, bunch of morons, absolute idiots. Shouting, spitting, real scum, scum of the earth. Their boy is getting put to sleep, super fast.'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 28 Feb 2017, 5:48 pm

Why is anyone surprised about this? Rubbish fight so it needs publicity. Just get Haye to say something. This is after all the bloke who paraded around in t shirts with decapitated Klitschko brothers on them.

Hamed used to do similar stuff. Why is this news?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 28 Feb 2017, 6:19 pm

Thought he lost the plot a bit yesterday - calling the fans retards (strange how comments against those with disabilities don't seem to register in the same way derogatory comments about other minority groups do) and having a bit of the old rage (the sort these musclebound fellas tend to have).

I don't think this is a knockover. I see Haye looking like garbage before a big punch digs him out - something like Wilder vs Washington.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 03 Mar 2017, 10:10 am

Haye's comments are bad. The fight is bad. Bellew is bad. The whole situation is bad.

Will probably watch it anyway....

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 03 Mar 2017, 11:39 am

... and have a bad time

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 Mar 2017, 11:44 am

BBBC should investigate why Hearn and SKY are using the Press conference scuffle in the advertising..

Might give ten year old Johnny the wrong idea about the sport of Gentleman.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 03 Mar 2017, 1:16 pm

BBBofC are barking up the wrong tree fining just the fighters.

Sky/Matchroom actively encourage them to act out in order to sell the fight. The Board should start with them (only they know they'd be told to go dangle).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Mar 2017, 1:18 pm

A lot of WWE and UFC fans out there. Trash sells!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Mar 2017, 1:33 pm

Steffan wrote:When Bellew fought Nathan Cleverly the second time he encouraged his fans to chant SHEEPSHA**ER at Cleverly so him and his chav scum fans get all they deserve as far as I'm concerned. Not a fan of Haye but here's hoping he dishes out what he is saying. Hope Bellew has donated his body parts to science. What will be left of them anyway

Are you so sensitive to an insult based on a stereotype* about the Welsh people that you'd wish serious injury or worse on Bellew?  

Grow up and get some perspective.  

* albeit based on a considerable amount of empirical evidence.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Fri 03 Mar 2017, 1:55 pm

hazharrison wrote:Thought he lost the plot a bit yesterday - calling the fans retards (strange how comments against those with disabilities don't seem to register in the same way derogatory comments about other minority groups do) and having a bit of the old rage (the sort these musclebound fellas tend to have).

I don't think this is a knockover. I see Haye looking like garbage before a big punch digs him out - something like Wilder vs Washington.

Haye would have had to slip one hell of a long way to look anyway near as bad as wilder. I won't be surprised if Haye looks great- he look in good shape, and is in against a no-hoper.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 03 Mar 2017, 2:08 pm

Post fight interviews:

Bellew: "I'm gutted. I hate losing as I'm a winner mate. I had him blowing HARD in that final round. I gave it my best shot. I'm healthy and can't wait to see my kids."

Haye: "I wasn't at my best tonight - not making any excuses but (insert excuse). I knew I'd catch him with a Hayemaker eventually."

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Mar 2017, 3:06 pm

hazharrison wrote:Post fight interviews:

Bellew: "I'm gutted. I hate losing as I'm a winner mate. I had him blowing HARD in that final round. I gave it my best shot. I'm healthy and can't wait to see my kids."

Haye: "I wasn't at my best tonight - not making any excuses but (insert excuse). I knew I'd catch him with a Hayemaker eventually."

Bet they hug and smooch after!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 03 Mar 2017, 3:48 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Steffan wrote:When Bellew fought Nathan Cleverly the second time he encouraged his fans to chant SHEEPSHA**ER at Cleverly so him and his chav scum fans get all they deserve as far as I'm concerned. Not a fan of Haye but here's hoping he dishes out what he is saying. Hope Bellew has donated his body parts to science. What will be left of them anyway

Are you so sensitive to an insult based on a stereotype* about the Welsh people that you'd wish serious injury or worse on Bellew?  

Grow up and get some perspective.  

* albeit based on a considerable amount of empirical evidence.
Yes very mature. Did you come up with this quick witted stuff yourself or did you get your mother to help you?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 03 Mar 2017, 3:53 pm

Yes, she seconded my view that the Welsh are renowned for sheepsh*gging.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 03 Mar 2017, 8:30 pm

Exhibit A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-grXND2K7E8

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 03 Mar 2017, 9:48 pm

hazharrison wrote:Exhibit A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-grXND2K7E8
Which fight of Chisora's is Eddie referring to by the way?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down