The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye v Bellew

+22
aja424
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
Adam D
Knowsit17
catchweight
Gentleman01
Coxy001
3fingers
ONETWOFOREVER
JabMachineMK2
Baby faced assassin
smashingstormcrow
spencerclarke
Hammersmith harrier
Steffan
melv500
mobilemaster8
AdamT
Herman Jaeger
BoxingFan88
Happytravelling
Seanusarrilius
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Haye v Bellew - Page 2 Empty Haye v Bellew

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 30 May 2016, 6:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chances it happens?
Do you want to see it?
Who wins?

Bellew isn't silly calling Haye out. Easy million plus purse for his retirement. Haye would love it as he knows it's likely another easy payday.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Haye v Bellew - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye v Bellew

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 3:45 pm

Ah yes, the classic 'if I'm British and able to cause the slightest of ripples I need to call out the most credible fellow Brit fighter in nearby divisions rather than go my own way' scenario.

Bellew puts on arguably the best display of his life and resorts straight to this. Maybe he does realise this is the absolute peak of all realistic expectations on him and is now concentrating on racking up a retirement fund.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 3:50 pm

Well, he does have kids to feed, or so I hear

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 3:53 pm

Kids positively starving on the scraps generated by a role in Rocky and three world title fights. Oh pity.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 4:19 pm

Those trampolenes are expensive...and inedible

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 01 Jun 2016, 4:30 pm

Tramopolene?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 4:42 pm

I assume that's what I meant to type, but my desire to try and be witty has clearly impacted upon my ability to spell or be ar$ed with spell check.

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Thu 02 Jun 2016, 9:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tenf3aZsE_4

3 seconds in clap
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 02 Jun 2016, 11:20 pm

Bellew told Sky Sports News HQ: "The only person he's knocking out is the females on the calendar shoots with that top off. He's not knocking me out. We've sparred before. Put your top on David and make some sense, son. Stop fighting the clowns you're fighting, conning the British public. Come and fight me. Let's have a real fight.

"A current world champion and the best cruiserweight in the world is calling you out. I'm not even calling you out - I'll beat you. Simple as that. He's fighting guys who learned to box on the internet. You wouldn't employ these guys as sparring partners. He's conning the public and it's wrong what he's doing.

"The David Haye of old was a brilliant, top-level fighter but now it's sad what he's doing to boxing because he's fighting these guys claiming they're boxing matches but they're not. They're freak shows. I want the fight because I want to shut him up. I want to be the person to put him back in the same box he crawled out of after he cried about having a sore toe, pulling out of fights being scared to face Tyson Fury.

"I want to deal with him properly and what better way to do it than to do it for the cruiserweight belt he once had, but which I now have and which makes me the best cruiserweight in the world."

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 02 Jun 2016, 11:25 pm

Haye v Bellew and Joshua v Whyte on the same card in December? I could see Matchroom being tempted.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri 03 Jun 2016, 12:16 am

If Haye drained down to the cw limit, then most cw boxers would beat him. He'd be half dead before entering the ring!

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:39 am

catchweight wrote:Haye v Bellew and Joshua v Whyte on the same card in December? I could see Matchroom being tempted.

Think Whyte needs to prove a lot before he can earn another go at AJ. Beat a Price or Chisora type figure, preferably both.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:59 am

I dont think it will matter to matchroom. Win a couple of fights and he will be back in the picture. I saw hearn suggest that haye earn a shot by joshua by fighting whyte.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:11 am

I agree with Hearn there. Fight Whyte and that could get him a shot.

Whyte gave AJ a good test.

It beats fighting Briggs and Bellew.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:14 am

Haye Whyte I'd be interested to say.

At the end of the day, Whyte performed materially better than Kingpin Johnson, 'world champ' Martin or Cornish/Sprott level Brits. Would like to see him prove that wasn't a fluke. Parker would be the most interesting fight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:30 am

Why? Parker has a reasonable dig but questionable defence and stamina...what test does he provide Haye?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:31 am

Proves more than his other choices.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 03 Jun 2016, 12:16 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Why? Parker has a reasonable dig but questionable defence and stamina...what test does he provide Haye?

Meant for Whyte.

Though he'd still be a better challenge for Haye than the absolute trash he's been feeding off lately. Haye clearly isn't going to fight a Top5 guy (unless AJ) any time soon so at least take on someone half decent.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 03 Jun 2016, 12:54 pm

I am surprised that he hasn't gone chasing after Wilder or at least made a noise about it.

I have little interest in seeing Haye ko total nobodies, but less hearing about Bellew calling out somebody in the weight division above. The fight won't happen - Bellew is plucking a well known name that's still in the public eye out of the air to boost his back page ego. He wants a Payday before someone like Lebedev flattens him.

I think Briggs won't end up fighting Haye for an odd reason. Like Haye being offered more money to fight someone else.
Cynical? Moi?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 03 Jun 2016, 1:11 pm

Whyte is developing a big reputation despite never actually having done much. The Matchroom effect I guess.

Haye should fight legitimate top ten opponents. Joshua should fight legitimate top ten opponents. Whyte should go about proving hes not just a domestic level heavyweight. Bellew should stick to cruiser.

I suspect the opposite might happen.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 03 Jun 2016, 2:27 pm

catchweight wrote:Whyte is developing a big reputation despite never actually having done much. The Matchroom effect I guess.

Haye should fight legitimate top ten opponents. Joshua should fight legitimate top ten opponents. Whyte should go about proving hes not just a domestic level heavyweight. Bellew should stick to cruiser.

I suspect the opposite might happen.

Whilst he hasn't done much, he's done a lot more than most in some ways. Victorious in defeat to AJ.

Chis built his name on going 12 (but losing) to big Vit. That and close decision losses to Fury (back when he was regarded as not much more than a fat lanky gypsy) and Helenius (never proved much cop).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2016, 3:14 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:I am surprised that he hasn't gone chasing after Wilder or at least made a noise about it.

I have little interest in seeing Haye ko total nobodies, but less hearing about Bellew calling out somebody in the weight division above. The fight won't happen - Bellew is plucking a well known name that's still in the public eye out of the air to boost his back page ego. He wants a Payday before someone like Lebedev flattens him.

I think Briggs won't end up fighting Haye for an odd reason. Like Haye being offered more money to fight someone else.
Cynical? Moi?
I'd like to think that commonsense will prevail and the public outcry lambasting Haye's selection of Briggs leads to a deal being made for a real test and Briggs being given step aside money (which he'd be happy to take) whilst haye actually takes on someone with a pulse and ambitions outside of making it to the centre of the ring before being flattened

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 03 Jun 2016, 3:46 pm

Whyte is probably being positioned by Matchroom to be the next Chisora. A game fighter that can be used to match against pretty much anyone but will never be a marquee fighter. He hasn't fought remotely at the same level as Chisora though. Whatever reputation Chisora had, he developed over his fights. Whyte hasn't really done anything yet other than a reasonably credible losing effort against Joshua.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2016, 3:51 pm

Cause that's what boxing needs, another Derrick Chisora....

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 03 Jun 2016, 3:57 pm

Laugh Laugh Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 19 Jun 2016, 8:05 am

http://www.boxingscene.com/usyk-face-bellew-goodison-park-confident-victory--105803

Cruiserweight may be warming up a touch, some good fights to be had.

One wonders how Haye would fare in today's cruiserweight division were he still operating there, got to be easier fighting B, C and D level heavies than tough ripped to the bone Eastern European cruisers you'd guess.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Jun 2016, 10:10 am

Be good to see Usyk finally do something!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 20 Jun 2016, 4:37 pm

Gentleman01 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Bellew's also telling a tale about how he and David Price battered Haye during a sparring session back in 2005 and that Adam Booth can verify it. Apparently Haye's beating was so severe he postponed a fight with 24hrs notice (against Lolonga Mock?). Also says he's happy to fight Haye up at HW.

Are we seriously supposed to believe that, back when this was alleged to have happened circa 2004, David Haye, a former amateur world silver medalist and a 10 fight pro on his way to a title shot, was being smashed around the ring by a nondescript and unheralded 21 year old Light heavyweight 3 years before he even made his pro debut? And we're supposed to believe that the shellacking Haye received from Bellew (and Price, another relatively unknown amateur at the time) was of such a severity that Haye had to pullout of his fight 24 hours later?

I appreciate that boxers often talk about how they've beaten up or outclassed other fighters in the gym, and I usually like these stories. They're a good conversation point, and I rather like how, in most cases, what really happened can't ever be fully verified which I feel adds to the debate.

But I mean, come on Tony. We're not that gullible. At least make them believable, lad.

Or perhaps Adam Booth reminds David Haye that the 2 boxers he's sparring against are still amateur boxers and bear that in mind, I don't think headlines like cruiserweight title contender KO's amateur's in sparring would look very good for the David Haye profile.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 25 Jun 2016, 3:10 pm

It's the big money fight for Bellew, so can see why he wants it. We still don't really know how good Haye is at this stage of his career.
I think they will make the fight at 210lbs next year. Eddie Hearn can see the money in this fight and both boxers want it.
Haye by brutal KO when it happens. Very Happy

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2