The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBBC....Are going to have man up..

+11
BoxingFan88
spencerclarke
catchweight
hazharrison
Fernando
Steffan
marty2086
Tattie Scones RRN
Rowley
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
15 posters

Go down

BBBC....Are going to have man up.. Empty BBBC....Are going to have man up..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 03 Dec 2016, 3:38 pm

Boxing is an old proud sport...A history of puligilism among gentleman..

It's not the UFC..

In the space of two weeks we have had two PPV events soiled by thuggish acts....Intentional who knows...??

But thuggish acts sell to the lowest common denominator and recent history shows it is a fruitful and plentiful market...

Haye smacking Bellew has gone viral..

Glasses being chucked at a face off between Chisora and Whyte also...A fight which is helping to back up a weak main event next week..

I know the BBBC aren't known for their backbone..

But they need to man up...The sport is being brought into disrepute... and both events have the same Promoter..

Not saying it is Intentional...but Haye v Chisora has taught us a crap fight can sell plenty when there is trouble before.. and they ended up kissing later..

Boxing deserves better than this.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

BBBC....Are going to have man up.. Empty Re: BBBC....Are going to have man up..

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 03 Dec 2016, 3:42 pm

Haye v Chisora also showed us that they have no real authority, they tried to stop the fight so Warren circumnavigated them by going with the Luxembourg board instead.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 03 Dec 2016, 3:45 pm

I agree Hammer.....But they can at least try to flex muscle and take people on....

They are supposed to be running Boxing in this Country.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 03 Dec 2016, 3:56 pm

They are a poor organisation. Have heard plenty of noise from them recently about wanting to talk to Nick Blackwell about his injury from sparring, but nothing about the Haye Bellew farce. Am not in any way downplaying what Blackwell did, but he is a young kid struggling to come to terms with the fact he will never do the thing he loves again, who made a foolish decision.

Haye and Bellew are fighters who both have form for this sort of thing, Haye in particularly has transgressed on more than one occasion and they have said nothing. The whole thing smacks to me of a body choosing when they will be authoritarian. They know Blackwell is an easy target, he is never going to fight again, so can't stick it to them by running off to Luxembourg or Malta and is not a future cash cow for any of the big promoters, he is an easy target for a slap on the wrists. Taking on the countries biggest promoter and high profile fighters seems a battle they have less appetite for, all a bit pathetic in my opinion.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed 07 Dec 2016, 4:25 pm

Pathetic....

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10686647/joshua-vs-molina-dereck-chisora-and-dillian-whyte-press-conference-turns-into-chaos

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 07 Dec 2016, 4:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Boxing is an old proud sport...A history of puligilism among gentleman..

It's not the UFC..

In the space of two weeks we have had two PPV events soiled by thuggish acts....Intentional who knows...??

But thuggish acts sell to the lowest common denominator and recent history shows it is a fruitful and plentiful market...

Haye smacking Bellew has gone viral..

Glasses being chucked at a face off between Chisora and Whyte also...A fight which is helping to back up a weak main event next week..

I know the BBBC aren't known for their backbone..

But they need to man up...The sport is being brought into disrepute... and both events have the same Promoter..

Not saying it is Intentional...but Haye v Chisora has taught us a crap fight can sell plenty when there is trouble before.. and they ended up kissing later..

Boxing deserves better than this.

Sorry but your UFC comment is pretty cheap, especially considering the fine handed down to McGregor for his behaviour

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Dec 2016, 4:59 pm

You're entitled to your opinion Marty..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 07 Dec 2016, 7:22 pm

Closeup footage of today's "events" with Chisora and Whyte

***Some bad language and scenes that some people who are not completely mental may find disturbing***

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 07 Dec 2016, 7:41 pm

I'll be honest the only decent thing about the Joshua PPV is these 2 making it hilarious. They had a brawl on sky aswell which was too funny.

Edit - Found it

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 07 Dec 2016, 7:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're entitled to your opinion Marty..

Not an opinion it was a $75000 fine

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 07 Dec 2016, 7:51 pm

You can't blame the fighters. They're being marketed as volatile "bad boys". Everyone who attended that presser expected it to "go off". That puts pressure on the fighters to live up to it.

Sky/Matchroom deserve the criticism. They've built a business model around grudges/beef/outlandish behaviour/controversy/fighters abusing one another.

Funniest thing was Hearn and Smith s hitting it when Del rounded on them. If you watch TGAO, while everyone is frantically trying to diffuse the situation, Hearn is grinning with £s in his eyes.

Meanwhile the sport slips further into obscurity.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 07 Dec 2016, 7:52 pm

Chisora can probably look forward to a fine of his own. While Joshua, Matchroom and Sky divide up the extra ppv buys generated by it.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 07 Dec 2016, 7:56 pm

catchweight wrote:Chisora can probably look forward to a fine of his own. While Joshua, Matchroom and Sky divide up the extra ppv buys generated by it.

Exactly. He doesn't get a cut of PPV profits apparently.

If you cared about the sport, you could have taken steps to cut out the controversy but Sky/Matchroom have egged it on.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Dec 2016, 9:06 pm

It's the Hearn/Warren board of control...But don't worry if the BBBC are good boys we'll chuck them a few quid...

Pitiful..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 07 Dec 2016, 9:43 pm

I'm just glad del boy had all those anger management sessions.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 07 Dec 2016, 9:48 pm

He should have shoved that table up Smith's and Hearn's arris and shouted "Are you not entertained?!!"

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 Dec 2016, 10:02 pm

If they had any balls the board would suspend him with immediate effect. Rip the card on Saturday to pieces, deprive Chisora his payday, deprive Hearn his chief support and deny Sky one of the few competitive fights on the card. Hit them all in the collective pocket, might just persuade Hearn to get his house in order.

Sadly what will happen is they will have a meeting in a few weeks, Chisora will get a few quid fine and yet another warning and we'll sit through it all again as Haye and Mr Winklechops sell March's fight. Absolutely pathetic all round.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 07 Dec 2016, 10:36 pm

They should stop that fight

Boxing is a sport at the end of the day and that kind of behaviour is not acceptable

Its not WWE, I hope boxing doesn't get turned into a pantomime

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 07 Dec 2016, 10:37 pm

I dont think its fair on paying fans or other boxers on the card to tank a card with suspensions. If you make the behaviour unprofitable (maybe hit the networks and promoters involved along with the fighters) then it would probably dry up. Fining the fighters, Matchroom and sky a percentage of the fight revenues would make them think twice about promoting fights based on phony grudges and the like.

The thing is though, lots of fan enjoy it and its proven to be a popular and effective tool in raising the profile (and money) of fights.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu 08 Dec 2016, 12:21 pm

It's a shame Chisora doesn't show this much fight when he gets in the ring.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 08 Dec 2016, 12:59 pm

I agree with Truss its becoming tacky like the UFC, the effing and jeffing, fighters flipping the bird it needs cutting out, unfortunately it sells and that's what we are up against.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 08 Dec 2016, 1:28 pm

Oh be quiet Truss - as if this type of thing hasn't always been rife in boxing. Mike Tyson has always been known for controversy, swearing, being a general animal in press conferences and a genuinely abhorrent human back then.

If we go further back, there's Ali calling Frazier an "Uncle Tom" which had lasting ramifications for Joe, his incessant trash talking to rile up the opponent etc.

We could go more recent, I mean Hopkins vs Wright wasn't exactly a nice relaxed weigh in was it?

Vargas vs Mayorga?

Hopkins (again?) vs Trinidad with the flag?

Barrera vs Morales?

Bowe vs Donald?

Do I need to give you more or are the more prevalent ones ok?

I swear, people think we still live in the 80's where the only way to see something is on TV. We live in a completely different time now. Social media has resulted in more people seeing and reacting to this kind of thing than before. It can be seen 24/7, shared from places all around the world. Of COURSE these things "go viral". Back in your time (was there even a TV back then?) all you got was the 10 minutes segment on the TV and that was that, anything that went on was forgotten about. Now you have major media outlets reporting on it, streaming them live, sharing the content, offering opinions and that's just the media. Then you've got the people.

C'mon man, don't show your age so soon.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Dec 2016, 1:30 pm

Well that makes it okay then..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 08 Dec 2016, 1:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Well that makes it okay then..

I never said it was okay. My point is that boxers have always acted like this. Watch Barrera and Morales go at it in their press conference. 10x worse than Haye/Bellew.

There does need to be some form of protection against it, I mean I don't like it and given Chisoras chequered history I'm surprised he's even got a license. They know what they're doing though, Chisora is just a moron and it seems to be working to get under Whytes skin. I think that it's all Chisora has, his only chance is to make Whyte so mad that he doesn't box his head off strategically and runs out of steam after 3 rounds.

Doesn't make it right.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Dec 2016, 1:53 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Well that makes it okay then..

I never said it was okay. My point is that boxers have always acted like this. Watch Barrera and Morales go at it in their press conference. 10x worse than Haye/Bellew.

There does need to be some form of protection against it, I mean I don't like it and given Chisoras chequered history I'm surprised he's even got a license. They know what they're doing though, Chisora is just a moron and it seems to be working to get under Whytes skin. I think that it's all Chisora has, his only chance is to make Whyte so mad that he doesn't box his head off strategically and runs out of steam after 3 rounds.

Doesn't make it right.

Three incidents in the last "few weeks"....All PPV events...

Becoming the norm.......Anyone cynical may read something into it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 08 Dec 2016, 2:33 pm

Some of the beefs back in the day were genuine though.
Nowadays young men feel the need to fabricate stories to grab a bit of attention. Sad really.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 08 Dec 2016, 2:40 pm

It has always happened moby. Some genuine, some contrived, often a bit of both. I think what's getting everyone's goat is that this is sponsored. It's part of a contrived marketing formula to shift tickets for crap fights. Matchroom and sky set it up.... The very idea of the Johnny nelson 'the gloves are off' thing is to provoke a bit of handbag drama.

The casual fan is their target audience and they obviously lap it up, so it ain't stopping any time soon, and we have no more right than them to watch. As fans of the sport though, we're allowed to wish that sky/matchroom put some of that effort into actually putting fights on that don't need a fake grudge to sell.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Dec 2016, 6:40 am

Bunch of contriving fukwits

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 11:57 am

What was most irritating was the gloves are off.......Glasses thrown and a big melee....

A couple of hours later weeks before the thing was aired on SKY.....The footage is all over Youtube.....Just that footage and not the 20 minute show...

When Tyson kicked off with Lewis...Nevada said no fight.......Licence revoked..

Perhaps it was worse.....But you can't have

a) People threatening violence on someone after the fight......(Affray)..

b) Throwing tables at people (Assault)..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down