The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spa to alternate seasons with french gp?

2 posters

Go down

spa to alternate seasons with french gp? Empty spa to alternate seasons with french gp?

Post by Fernando Mon 06 Jun 2011, 3:28 pm

Spa-Francorchamps could be the key to France's return to the Formula One calendar.

The French Le Journal Du Dimanche newspaper reports the possibility of the famous Belgian race alternating annually with a circuit in France.

"I've been asked about it earlier this year by French officials," admitted Belgian GP promoter Andre Maes.

"This may be interesting, so I am waiting for further news," he said.

The Belgian GP has admitted to worrying about being priced out of F1 due to rising race sanctioning fees.

French Grand Prix host Magny-Cours dropped off the calendar after the 2008 season due to "economic problems".

surely we have enough races. everyone in the world wants a race nowadays im pretty sure if they wanted to they could run on a yearly basis with the amount of interest f1 is receiving from countries

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

spa to alternate seasons with french gp? Empty Re: spa to alternate seasons with french gp?

Post by Critical_mass Mon 06 Jun 2011, 4:39 pm

Would be a shame to have to alternate Spa, Spa is my favourite track. Ideally i would keep spa and replace the droll Monaco or Bahrain race with Magny cours.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down