The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 1:50 am

Why? I hear you say......

Well Joshua turned pro in 2013 and has had 18 fights since, making his career thus far 4 years.

Tyson turned pro in 85 and in that year ALONE he had 15 fights, which he won all by knock out.

So Tyson in 86 was a seasoned pro compared to Joshua and never had the hype train backing him from the start like Joshua.


ONETWOFOREVER

Posts : 5510
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by BoxingFan88 on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 8:15 am

Why do you guys hate one of our own?

Finally boxing is at the forefront in this country (Exactly what the sport needs) and everyone is moaning

Yes Tyson would have the potential to KO Joshua, in his prime he got knockout anyone cold

Get behind him, he could be a superstar

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by seanmichaels on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 9:03 am

Prime Tyson

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13330
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by milkyboy on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 9:07 am

Ah yes prime Tyson. Remind me, again. What day was that exactly?

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by EX7EY on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 9:17 am

We all love a good prime Mike Tyson story don't we haha

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 33
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Herman Jaeger on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 9:28 am

Wouldn't go two rounds nightmare style for Joshua

All jokes aside for a few years Tyson was perhaps the most dangerous heavyweight of all time

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by milkyboy on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 10:06 am

If gus tomato was still around Tyson would still be unbeaten and knocking them over for fun. Younger than b-hop!

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Steffan on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 10:20 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:Why do you guys hate one of our own?
Since when has Joshua been Welsh?

And yes Tyson would have destroyed AJ

Steffan

Posts : 7834
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Herman Jaeger on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 10:28 am

Tyson gets in close, plants a right to the liver and Joshua's a sitting duck that's just my take on it

Remember he wasn't a bad body puncher too

Devastating bodypuncher in fact

In fact one of the sport!s great bodypubchers people often overlook that


Last edited by Herman Jaeger on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Steffan on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 10:31 am

Tyson lads big body shots in round 1

Stuns AJ in round 2

Knocks him out in round 3

Steffan

Posts : 7834
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by milkyboy on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 10:48 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:Tyson gets in close, plants a right to the liver and Joshua's a sitting duck that's just my take on it

Remember he wasn't a bad body puncher too

Devastating bodypuncher in fact

In fact one of the sport!s great bodypubchers people often overlook that

From not bad to one of the greatest in just three lines. You understate him hermy.

In fact the greatest body puncher in the world

At any weight

Ever

FACT!!!!

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by milkyboy on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 10:50 am

Steffan wrote:Tyson lads big body shots in round 1

Stuns AJ in round 2

Knocks him out in round 3

Tyson glares at AJ before the first bell. AJ fouls his shorts. Bell rings, Tyson feints a left jab, AJ faints.

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by kingraf on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 10:54 am

Lots of confident predictions here... Easy to be confident about something you'll never have to prove I guess. Lots of unknowns about AJ make predicting this guesswork. He may have the sort of chin that gets taken out in one, he may not. Certainly think he'd give '86 Tyson more to think about firing back than anyone else 86 Tyson was up against.

Just so we are clear though. '86 Tyson is then Prime Time Mike Tyson? Or is he Cuss da Tomato Just Before Prime, But Never Reached Prime Because Da Tomato Died Mike Tyson?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16160
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 26
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Tattie Scones RRN on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 10:56 am

Pfffft.

Love to see AJ get a role in The Hangover.

He's good, but he's not that good.

Tattie Scones RRN

Posts : 1801
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 44
Location : Scottish Rugby Purgatory

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Herman Jaeger on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 11:04 am

milkyboy wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:Tyson gets in close, plants a right to the liver and Joshua's a sitting duck that's just my take on it

Remember he wasn't a bad body puncher too

Devastating bodypuncher in fact

In fact one of the sport!s great bodypubchers people often overlook that

From not bad to one of the greatest in just three lines. You understate him hermy.

In fact the greatest body puncher in the world

At any weight

Ever

FACT!!!!

Many a true word is spoken in jest you know what milky Tyson's right to the liver might just in fact be the hardest body punch in the game's history the way he delivered it the stance the action the technique the timing that punch  could drop men's arms he could stun an opponent's whole body with that shot

Unless you can pinpoint a more forceball blow?

He could shift into position so quickly  to deliver it too

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Herman Jaeger on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 11:15 am

kingraf wrote:Lots of confident predictions here... Easy to be confident about something you'll never have to prove I guess. Lots of unknowns about AJ make predicting this guesswork. He may have the sort of chin that gets taken out in one, he may not. Certainly think he'd give '86 Tyson more to think about firing back than anyone else 86 Tyson was up against.

Just so we are clear though. '86 Tyson is then Prime Time Mike Tyson? Or is he Cuss da Tomato Just Before Prime, But Never Reached Prime Because Da Tomato Died Mike Tyson?

Don't think he's quick enough to catch a young Tyson who had perpetual head movement going on back then

Got more single shot power than anyone Tyson would have faced though up to '86 so that certainly would have given Tyson something to think about

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by milkyboy on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 11:17 am

Golovkin drops bigger guys (than Tyson ever fought) in training on a daily basis with pillows for gloves... and you have the temerity to suggest Tyson is the greatest body shot practitioner? Behave Hermy!!

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Herman Jaeger on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 11:26 am

The Chisora type body with that immense core strength could withstand Tyson's body attack but those tall slim top heavy fighters those were the kind Tyson loved to get his body shots off with

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Herman Jaeger on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 11:35 am

milkyboy wrote:Golovkin drops bigger guys (than Tyson ever fought) in training on a daily basis with pillows for gloves... and you have the temerity to suggest Tyson is the greatest body shot practitioner? Behave Hermy!!

Pound for pound milky just body shots now you'd have to say Golovkin gives Tyson a run for his money surely, maybe the only fighter since the 80's you could say that for

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by horizontalhero on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 12:00 pm

It may be a case of rose tinted glasses, but on the two nights it mattered most- when he beat Berbick for a belt, and then Spinks to win the championship, Tyson was superb, and I'd have backed him to beat pretty much any heavyweight in history when that focused. I just hope AJ will have his own nights like those. Klitchko would be a good place to start.

horizontalhero

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by rIck_dAgless on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 12:46 pm

Where is Spring when you need him...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 11784
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Feeling souper

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Guest on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 6:12 pm

AJ just doesn't look that good to me. Call it the eye test but he looks pretty average - reckon he would have been a fringe contender in the 80's and 90's no more. But he can only beat what's out there, which let's face it is pretty paltry, so his record when all is done may inflate his status.

Prime Tyson jokes aside, can't see AJ bringing anything to trouble Mike.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by AdamT on Fri 16 Dec 2016, 11:55 am

Pretty obvious who would win. Watch Tyson Bruno!

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by huw on Fri 16 Dec 2016, 1:03 pm

Forman was 6'3 1/2" Joshua is 6'6". Tyson's reach was 71", Joshua's reach is 82" (Foreman's was 78 1/2").

Cus had told Tyson that a Foreman type fighter would be one to avoid - I think this was based upon Foreman vs Frazier.

Not suggesting AJ is as good as Foreman was but they are similar in stature and power. Not suggesting anyone could have ever beating 'Prime Tyson' because for that 3 1/2 weeks he truly was unbeatable.

Could AJ, when under pressure develop a hold and lean (Wlad) technique and push Tyson through a few rounds, getting him frustrated and careless?

We all know how good Tyson was and on his day he was an incredible fighter but we have no real idea how good AJ is. He could go on to be like Foreman and have a career that involves religion and cooking utensils, who knows.

huw

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Guest on Sat 17 Dec 2016, 4:37 pm

[quote="huw
Not suggesting AJ is as good as Foreman was but they are similar in stature and power. Not suggesting anyone could have ever beating 'Prime Tyson' because for that 3 1/2 weeks he truly was unbeatable.


Was it that short?
Which is the best PrimeTyson performance? A Berbick who stupidly kept on getting up without taking a few seconds, or the petrified Michael Spinks?
He fought better when he had sexually transmitted diseases. He probably learnt a lesson after the you-know-what episode and probably took more care of "Mini-Mike"- hence him losing form at quite a young age. Oddly he (Tyson) believes that  if frank Bruno was not so in  awe  of him, the Bruno of 87 would have wiped the floor with the 1996 version of himself. His autobiography is a fun if rather schizoid read.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Atila on Sat 17 Dec 2016, 6:16 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Why? I hear you say......

Well Joshua turned pro in 2013 and has had 18 fights since, making his career thus far 4 years.

Tyson turned pro in 85 and in that year ALONE he had 15 fights, which he won all by knock out.

So Tyson in 86 was a seasoned pro compared to Joshua and never had the hype train backing him from the start like Joshua.

Not from the very start, but he certainly had it after a few fights, and it went into overdrive after he beat Berbick.


Atila

Posts : 1586
Join date : 2011-06-03

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by md_fan on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 2:55 am

Unbeaten for nearly 5 years is a decent "prime" is it not? The subject's been done to death of course but Tyson's career was phenomenal before he sabotaged himself with high risk behaviours and general tomfoolery.

md_fan

Posts : 146
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by horizontalhero on Sun 18 Dec 2016, 8:41 am

general tomfoolery...brilliant understatement there md!

horizontalhero

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by huw on Mon 19 Dec 2016, 8:36 am

md_fan wrote:Unbeaten for nearly 5 years is a decent "prime" is it not?  The subject's been done to death of course but Tyson's career was phenomenal before he sabotaged himself with high risk behaviours and general tomfoolery.

Audley was unbeaten for 4 years and Olympis gold medallist, when do we start discussing 'Prime Audley'.

Yes Tyson looked incredible but at the time he was beating quite average heavies. He did look unstoppable, until he was stopped when he started looking beatable.

huw

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by milkyboy on Mon 19 Dec 2016, 10:00 am

Was that what he was sentenced for? tomfoolery.

The Tyson prime jokes are just that. Old chestnuts originally aimed at the guys (and there's never been a shortage of them) who think 'prime' Tyson would lay out Godzilla with a jab and that any subsequent failings were a direct result of the demise of Cus.

Most serious boxing fans rate Tyson pretty highly.  However,  as Huw says, the 5 years unbeaten includes a period knocking over stiffs so I guess you have to take a view on whether you think scraping past Tillis say is a learning fight or prime. Still, he was a very active and destructive champion for three years.

Truth is most fans pick and choose whose out of ring activities they want to accept as an excuse. As brits we can look at conteh honeyghan, hamed for example. Reality is there's hundreds of them. Half the 80's heavies Tyson rolled were cokeheads, but we don't talk about what or when their primes were.

Tyson was another of boxings scary monsters, and a marketing dream. There was undoubted substance to the hype though... at his best he was a very very good fighter and a very dangerous opponent for any heavy in history in my book, especially in the early rounds. His apologists are fair game in a turkey shoot though. Very Happy

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by md_fan on Tue 20 Dec 2016, 12:56 am

huw wrote:
md_fan wrote:Unbeaten for nearly 5 years is a decent "prime" is it not?  The subject's been done to death of course but Tyson's career was phenomenal before he sabotaged himself with high risk behaviours and general tomfoolery.

Audley was unbeaten for 4 years and Olympis gold medallist, when do we start discussing 'Prime Audley'.

Yes Tyson looked incredible but at the time he was beating quite average heavies. He did look unstoppable, until he was stopped when he started looking beatable.

That's not a valid comparison as you know. I think they call it a "straw man" argument. Tyson had twice as many fights as Audley in the same time period and against much better opposition. I'm not a Tyson apologist by any means. He should not be given a pass for his criminal behaviour.

md_fan

Posts : 146
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Baby faced assassin on Tue 20 Dec 2016, 11:30 am

Tysons opposition left as much to be desired as Joshua's (maybe not quite as suspect but note exactly stellar)

Tyson was an animal but it's worth noting he didn't exactly fight anyone like Joshua.

Like joshua is a big big guy....huge....with power to boot. Tysons used to best guys before they got in the ring and Joshua wouldn't be afraid, he genuinely looks like he loves fighting and hurting people

Not saying that Joshua beats him, it's just hard just write Joshua off given his ability to handle the big stage, his size advantages and the fact he, like Tysons, has 1 punch KO power than would hurt even Mike

Cracking fight between 2 completely different styled fighters both with ridiculous power
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Posts : 264
Join date : 2015-12-05

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by milkyboy on Tue 20 Dec 2016, 11:49 am

Tyson chopped down plenty of big heavies, and muscle men like frank, so I don't know how big a factor that is. It's just way too early to say with AJ... at the moment he's an amazing physical specimen with great power. Over time we'll learn how he copes with guys who don't roll over and can fight back. Then we can maybe make a more considered judgement on how AJ Tyson might have panned out. Still be guesswork though!

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by catchweight on Tue 20 Dec 2016, 12:43 pm

Tyson beat a lot of good heavyweights. No comparison with joshua. I dont even think the likes of whyte or molina would have made it as boxers back in the 80s. Sparring partners maybe.

catchweight

Posts : 4305
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by AdamT on Tue 20 Dec 2016, 12:45 pm

I agree about his opposition. I used to rib Truss, but he did beat decent heavies. Tubbs, Thomas, Tucker, Bruno, Spinks and an old (but still good) Holmes among others.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by 3fingers on Sat 24 Dec 2016, 8:08 pm

Prime Douglas, Bowe, Tyson, Holyfield and Lewis would all beat Joshua at this early and untested stage in his career. Prime Brigg has a VERY good chance of toppling him too.

3fingers

Posts : 1482
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016. Empty Re: 86' Tyson destroys and totally outclasses Joshua 2016.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum