The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cotto vs kirkland

+8
Hammersmith harrier
Baby faced assassin
hazharrison
Rodney
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
BoxingFan88
Rich1066
12 posters

Go down

Cotto vs kirkland Empty Cotto vs kirkland

Post by Rich1066 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 8:47 am

Just seen on Sky Sports news that Cotto wants his last fight to be a rematch against canelo. Before then he takes on James Kirkland in February. How do people see that fight going? Kirkland is so unpredictable he has had some great but also shocking performances. In regards to fighting Canelo I personally think cotto only narrowly lost and the cards were way to wide. Thoughts?

Rich1066

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs kirkland Empty Re: Cotto vs kirkland

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 9:16 am

I also thought the cards were a disgrace I actually had cotto winning that narrowly as did a lot of people

Kirkland you never know what is going to happen but I think cotto still has enough to beat him

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 08 Jan 2017, 10:44 am

I think this fight depends entirely on what Cotto has left. Kirkland we know is a flat out puncher who doesn't respond well to a hard punch on the chin. Am unsure whether Miguel will have enough in the tank to take advantage of Kirkland's obvious flaws.

Of course if Kirkland wins, all we'll hear from him is how great he is. If Cotto wins, all we'll hear is Canelo this, Canelo that. Perfect excuse for the ginger duck to avoid GGG again.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 11:19 am

Cotto needs to go and retire....Too many has beens hanging around..

Hope he gets a good hiding....He can take Manny and Wlad with him.

For better or worse it's time to clean out the old and in with the new..

That includes Mayweather.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 11:45 am

Well it's up to the new to beat them first

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 11:48 am

Like Fury and Canelo you mean.. Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 12:14 pm

Well yeah......

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 09 Jan 2017, 10:04 am

I hate these matchups - more and more treading water fights are happening. Why on earth at this stage of his career is Cotto wasting time fighting Kirkland ?? absolutely pointless. Just reading Pacquiao isn't likely to face Crawford next but the Aussie Jeff Horn ?? garbage.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 09 Jan 2017, 12:08 pm

Rodney wrote:I hate these matchups - more and more treading water fights are happening. Why on earth at this stage of his career is Cotto wasting time fighting Kirkland ?? absolutely pointless. Just reading Pacquiao isn't likely to face Crawford next but the Aussie Jeff Horn ?? garbage.

Cheers, Rodders

Well Bob Arum wants to send him on a world tour

As far as I know Pacquiao was the only one who tried to negotiate the fight by putting out a number

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Jan 2017, 1:36 pm

Has Manny sued Paulie yet for calling him a cheat ???...Or maybe in slow motion Paulie said something else..

After all....Not beyond the realm of possibility for a Flyweight to punch like George Foreman at 135/140.....Who'd have ever thought Man would set foot on the Moon ??

An honest politician from a proud Country like the Philippines you would think his reputation would be important to him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 09 Jan 2017, 4:59 pm

I don't think he even cares what Paulie thinks, he is pretty irrelevant and bitter

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Jan 2017, 5:32 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I don't think he even cares what Paulie thinks, he is pretty irrelevant and bitter

Bit of evasion there... Wink

I'd be willing to guess that if most people heard someone putting out in the public arena that their whole career was a fraud......They'd be interested..

He can't be a very proud Man..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 09 Jan 2017, 5:50 pm

Rodney wrote:I hate these matchups - more and more treading water fights are happening. Why on earth at this stage of his career is Cotto wasting time fighting Kirkland ?? absolutely pointless. Just reading Pacquiao isn't likely to face Crawford next but the Aussie Jeff Horn ?? garbage.

Cheers, Rodders

Cotto's looking at two more paydays to pad his pension. Kirkland and then Canelo (but more likely Marquez).

HBO should can it but they know he'll still sell and so just go with it.

Horn would get marmalised. Tough, honest fighter but he'll end up in a bad way.

As for the other point on Pacquiao: one day, it will all come out in the wash, and you'll still get people saying: "I don't believe it...poor Hatton etc."

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Mon 09 Jan 2017, 7:48 pm

Potential banana skin this could be for Cotto

Most likely he will hit Kirkland on the chin and he'll go down, but Kirkland has a habit of hanging on even when he looks out of it

If he can get Cotto against the ropes and can get his own shots in it could become hairy don't think Cotto wants to be in a war at this stage of his career and his body may not be able to hold up to a war

But yea most likely Cotto wipes out Kirkland the gets a big rematch against Canelo where he will lose more comfortably the last time
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 09 Jan 2017, 9:07 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:I don't think he even cares what Paulie thinks, he is pretty irrelevant and bitter

Bit of evasion there... Wink

I'd be willing to guess that if most people heard someone putting out in the public arena that their whole career was a fraud......They'd be interested..

He can't be a very proud Man..

According to Roach he doesn't live on the internet or read the news

He took a photo with GGG, then asked Roach who he was

Whether that's true or hot air, who knows

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 09 Jan 2017, 9:38 pm

I don't think this is a bad match up at all really and should be entertaining for as long as it lasts; Kirkland will throw the kitchen sink at Cotto like he always does.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:39 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Has Manny sued Paulie yet for calling him a cheat ???...Or maybe in slow motion Paulie said something else..

After all....Not beyond the realm of possibility for a Flyweight to punch like George Foreman at 135/140.....Who'd have ever thought Man would set foot on the Moon ??

An honest politician from a proud Country like the Philippines you would think his reputation would be important to him..

Ah yes, that famous knockout artist George Foreman......just like a guy that has knocked out almost nobody above 135......

That's about as good an example as slating a Philipino when the US has just elected a racist misogynist nepotistic country club homephobe.

Weak.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:12 am

Bitter is not giving a man who beat you credit. You seem to like these type of guys.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sat 04 Feb 2017, 5:12 pm

This whole card was cancelled after Kirkland suffered a broken nose in sparring

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 04 Feb 2017, 5:37 pm

The cynic in me tells me that the card was more likely cancelled due to the main event not generating too much interest. This was a PPV card, which it really shouldn't have been.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down