The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crolla-Linares 2

+5
Valero's Conscience
Pedro147
Derbymanc
BoxingFan88
BallchinianMuffwig
9 posters

Go down

Crolla-Linares 2 Empty Crolla-Linares 2

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sun 08 Jan 2017, 1:27 pm

This ones had me thinking about some of the more unneccessary rematches over the years, not really sure what crolla can do differently second time around bar a lucky punch. Not really sure what he did the first time to justify this one.

How does it go, repeat routine points win? Or will crolla fight with more vigour and draw linares into a tear up? Not really his thing but personally i think its his best chance of victory

And also, what other pointless rematches can you think of?

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Crolla-Linares 2 Empty Re: Crolla-Linares 2

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 4:20 pm

I thought linares won clearly a rematch will be much the same

Probably more dominant from linares

Crolla was on the verge of being stopped at one point before the ref intervened for no reason

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 08 Jan 2017, 4:28 pm

Think Crolla's gonna nick it, saw it a lot closer than most in the first fight (prob a bit of bias tbh) but do think that if he hadn't been wobbled it would have been a lot closer (don't really understand why you automatically give the round to a fighter that just managed to give a good dig)

Definitely don't see it as pointless and think we should be lauding more fights like this especially considering the dross some have been facing lately

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 5:17 pm

The Gallagher blue print for all big fights seems to be do little for the first 6 rounds and then hope for the opponent to tire. I think for this fight they’ll try push Linares harder in earlier rounds to tire him.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 5:58 pm

Man I hope they don't rob Linares, we don't want to be getting some shady reputation when some of the top guys seem to be travelling over here to give us great fights

McDonnell vs Solis was a highway robbery

I would rather watch a big fight at 10pm rather than 4am

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 08 Jan 2017, 7:32 pm

Well said BF, nothing worse than watching someone get robbed no matter how much you like the guy (Ricky Burns and McDonnell, both seem great guys).

Wish the commentators wouldn't mention it as if it'd be a good thing too.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 8:27 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Well said BF, nothing worse than watching someone get robbed no matter how much you like the guy (Ricky Burns and McDonnell, both seem great guys).

Wish the commentators wouldn't mention it as if it'd be a good thing too.

LMFAO

Jim Watt: "My scorecard is the champion winning handily but lets hope the judges saw something else"

You don't want to win fights like that....

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sun 08 Jan 2017, 8:36 pm

The fight is good for all parties. Crolla gets a chance for revenge and world belts and Linares gets (i'm sure), a career high purse against someone he already beat away from home and Matchroom make another good fight night.

Will be good fight and no PPV so all great with me!

Think Linares wins again.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 10:38 pm

First fight was good so yeah should be another good one

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sun 08 Jan 2017, 11:40 pm

Eddie Hearn tried to pull a fast one in the first fight hoping that Linares was passed it. Unfortunately for Hearn and Crolla, Linares was many levels above Crolla, as you've expect of a 3 division champion. Crolla really hasn't a chance of winning unless Linares' brittle hands break during the fight.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 09 Jan 2017, 9:23 am

I'd happily watch this again. Linares is great to watch and has that vulnerability about him that makes you think the opponent always has a chance of turning things around. He managed to really hurt crolla in the first fight which took the sting out of him, if crolla can avoid a repeat whilst continuing to press I don't think it's a lost cause. That said, I picked linares first time out and from what we witnessed, it's the obvious call again.

I see the argument that there was no dispute first time round and that it doesn't warrant a rematch, but I still think it will be a entertaining fight. Both will give their all, both come across as great guys and a credit to the sport, so if this boosts their bank balances, they deserve it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 09 Jan 2017, 9:55 am

Tempted to go to this one as Milky alluded Linares is brilliant to watch and I'm glad Hearn has brought him back to our shores again, would prefer it to be against Flanagan but that being said its a competitive fight and Crolla is not out of this one.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Tue 10 Jan 2017, 11:47 am

I'll be going to this. Think it will be a cracking night, great atmosphere and probably a decent under card as well. Id imagine Scott Quigg will be on.

Im a converted Crolla fan, I like his attitude and willingness to get in the ring with the best. Perez, Perez, Barroso, Linares is a very good string of fights. Ok the 2nd perez fight was a rematch and I believe Barroso was an unavoidable mandatory but to then jump straight in with somebody like Linares is very admirable.

I think the first linares fight was pretty cut and dried. Crolla and his team say it was close and I think the cards were fairly close if memory serves but in reality Crolla had his hands full from the opening bell. However, I do agree with Crolla when he says he was getting stronger in the 6th round until Linares landed that big shot because I vividly remember feeling like Crolla was starting to get on top. So who knows. Other factor is who knows how much those three preceding fights took out of him? Probably had very intense training camps etc.

Maybe it will be a carbon copy of the first fight, maybe Crolla will have taken things away he can work on and come back stronger. Personally I think he needs to be super super fit, make Linares miss as much as possible in the opening half of the fight, take as little damage as possible and then come on really strong in the last half of the fight and really take it to Linares, and hope that he's slowed down enough to land some big shots. Then who knows.

I think Crolla deserves the rematch, and even if he loses again, if the perfomrance is better then there are still big fights there for him at the top of the division.

Looking forward to this I must admit and I'm looking forward to securing some tickets for a good night out.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down