The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

+23
TightHEAD
geoff999rugby
St John The Enforcer
glamorganalun
XR
Recwatcher16
bedfordwelsh
prop_lyd
Kingshu
BigGee
carpet baboon
Steffan
True Raven
Cardiff Dave
international198
demosthenes
wayne
Hero
PhilBB
LordDowlais
GavinDragon
munkian
RiscaGame
27 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread - Page 12 Empty Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 12 Jan 2017, 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

I understand that some players haven't had a break for a while, but still, either it's a must-win game (with a bonus point) or it isn't.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian Fri 07 Apr 2017, 11:01 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:FoNR agm this evening, isn't it? Wonder if anybody attending will have some inside info to share.

NEWPORT RFC & NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS STATEMENT
By Newport RFC | 05/04/2017
It is likely that the meeting will be held in the second week of May, with a date to be finalised shortly. Aside from the formal circular and notices, there will be an extensive Question and Answer information sheet that addresses a number of matters arising from initial meetings. Whilst it is targeted at shareholders, all information will also be placed on the websites of Newport RFC and Newport Gwent Dragons, given the wider interest that exists.

Qs cherry picked by the board, I spose.

Still find it all incredible. Maybe it's not a good idea to own your own ground these days. Also wonder if Dave has been utilised to its full potential, I wonder.

I haven't Crying or Very sad
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 07 Apr 2017, 11:40 am

munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:FoNR agm this evening, isn't it? Wonder if anybody attending will have some inside info to share.

It is likely that the meeting will be held in the second week of May, with a date to be finalised shortly. Aside from the formal circular and notices, there will be an extensive Question and Answer information sheet that addresses a number of matters arising from initial meetings. Whilst it is targeted at shareholders, all information will also be placed on the websites of Newport RFC and Newport Gwent Dragons, given the wider interest that exists.

Still find it all incredible. Maybe it's not a good idea to own your own ground these days. Also wonder if Dave has been utilised to its full potential, I wonder.

I getchya.
Didn't realise there was a bowls club at Dave too which moved out to make way for a 4G training pitch.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/10340723.Bowls_club_moves_out_of_Rodney_Parade/

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 07 Apr 2017, 11:43 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:

I getchya.
Didn't realise there was a bowls club at Dave too which moved out to make way for a 4G training pitch.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/10340723.Bowls_club_moves_out_of_Rodney_Parade/

Yeah that was ages ago. The Dave is used a fair bit for stuff other than rugby to be honest.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 07 Apr 2017, 2:05 pm

Zebre: E Padovani, K Van Zyl, G Bisegni, T Boni, L Greeff, C Canna, M Violi, A Lovotti, T D’Apice, D Chistolini, G Koegelenberg, G Biagi (captain), J Myer, D Minnie, F Ruzza. Replacements: O Fabiani, B Postiglioni, P Ceccarelli, J Furno, M Mbanda, G Palazzani, T Castello, S Bordoli.​

Dragons: C Meyer, A Hughes, T Morgan, S Beard, P Howard, A O’Brien, C Davies, P Price, R Buckley, B Harris, C Hill, R Landman, N Crosswell, O Griffiths, L Evans (captain). Replacements: D Harris, S Hobbs, L Fairbrother, N Cudd, H Keddie, D Jones, A Warren, T Prydie.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Apr 2017, 2:14 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:

It's one of the downsides of the sugar daddy model of pro sport. If/when they've had enough they can sell up and move on as they wish, recouping any 'loans' or investments they've put in along the way secured against the assets. There are many positives to the sugar daddy model though, so I'm not knocking it. We'd be nowhere without Brown and Hazell, and I've enjoyed (well, sort of!) many years of rugby and entertainment at RP under their ownership and investment. But the model's only good as long as they're interested and that gives rise to the 'boom and bust' nature of pro sport where a side is heavily backed by one or two money men.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 07 Apr 2017, 3:10 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:

It's one of the downsides of the sugar daddy model of pro sport.  If/when they've had enough they can sell up and move on as they wish, recouping any 'loans' or investments they've put in along the way secured against the assets.  There are many positives to the sugar daddy model though, so I'm not knocking it.  We'd be nowhere without Brown and Hazell, and I've enjoyed (well, sort of!) many years of rugby and entertainment at RP under their ownership and investment.  But the model's only good as long as they're interested and that gives rise to the 'boom and bust' nature of pro sport where a side is heavily backed by one or two money men.

Thing is, you are nowhere at present with them still at the helm though. Probably have been for a while and now the ship's ran aground on their watch. Have to wonder whether anybody was steering the ship. And what were the lookouts doing? Blydi angers me.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 07 Apr 2017, 3:17 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:

It's one of the downsides of the sugar daddy model of pro sport.  If/when they've had enough they can sell up and move on as they wish, recouping any 'loans' or investments they've put in along the way secured against the assets.  There are many positives to the sugar daddy model though, so I'm not knocking it.  We'd be nowhere without Brown and Hazell, and I've enjoyed (well, sort of!) many years of rugby and entertainment at RP under their ownership and investment.  But the model's only good as long as they're interested and that gives rise to the 'boom and bust' nature of pro sport where a side is heavily backed by one or two money men.

Thing is, you are nowhere at present with them still at the helm though. Probably have been for a while and now the ship's ran aground on their watch. Have to wonder whether anybody was steering the ship. And what were the lookouts doing? Blydi angers me.

Frigging in the rigging
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 07 Apr 2017, 4:05 pm

munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:

Thing is, you are nowhere at present with them still at the helm though. Probably have been for a while and now the ship's ran aground on their watch. Have to wonder whether anybody was steering the ship. And what were the lookouts doing? Blydi angLers me.
Fixed.

Frigging in the rigging

Tie a knot in it will ewe!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 07 Apr 2017, 4:11 pm

munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:

I getchya.

Yeah that was ages ago. The Dave is used a fair bit for stuff other than rugby to be honest.

And the squash. Must be raking it in.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Apr 2017, 7:20 pm

Take that, Zebre! Oh......

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 08 Apr 2017, 9:47 pm

Griff wrote:Take that, Zebre! Oh......

Build all the new pitches you want, the coaching and playing staff rosters need a hatchet taking to them. Significant recruitment needed to make this side competitive.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 09 Apr 2017, 8:07 am

munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:

I getchya.

So Dave is doing alright for itself then, but could do better which was said about CAP btw. Think the slickers upped their game on that respect following their ignominious retreat from CCS. Also Gav the Drag did say on here recently that the new stand is bringing in the money, the loan for which is being serviced adequately I understand and doesn't require paying back immediately. So the prob is supporting pro rugby and the TB/MH loans. Would brand "Newport" be better at attracting external investment?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 09 Apr 2017, 8:09 am

Stone Motif wrote:

Build all the new pitches you want, the coaching and playing staff rosters need a hatchet taking to them. Significant recruitment needed to make this side competitive.

Investors waiting in the wings to pour in their cash, according to the ex Argus bloke.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun 09 Apr 2017, 9:19 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:

I getchya.

So Dave is doing alright for itself then, but could do better which was said about CAP btw. Think the slickers upped their game on that respect following their ignominious retreat from CCS. Also Gav the Drag did say on here recently that the new stand is bringing in the money, the loan for which is being serviced adequately I understand and doesn't require paying back immediately. So the prob is supporting pro rugby and the TB/MH loans. Would brand "Newport" be better at attracting external investment?

I thought the stand loan was to TB?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun 09 Apr 2017, 9:20 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Investors waiting in the wings to pour in their cash, according to the ex Argus bloke.

How much though? We have barely a dozen players capable at this level and a loaf of duff contracts to buy out probably, including the County lease
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 09 Apr 2017, 12:57 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:

I getchya.

I thought the stand loan was to TB?

My mistake. Thought it was a bank.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 09 Apr 2017, 1:00 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

How much though? We have barely a dozen players capable at this level and a loaf of duff contracts to buy out probably, including the County lease

Actually, nobody has said how much or what for. Or when come to think of it, but vote yes anyway is the message.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 09 Apr 2017, 5:14 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:

I getchya.

Wonder what Gareth Davies thinks now?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Apr 2017, 8:10 pm

Here's the info the shareholders have been given ahead of the EGM:

http://rugbysites.srcdn.co.uk/Uploads/Dragons/2016.17%20Season/EGM%20%20Questions%20and%20Answers.pdf

And an open letter from Tony Brown:

http://rugbysites.srcdn.co.uk/Uploads/Dragons/2016.17%20Season/Tony%20Brown%20EGM%20Letter%20Final.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 14 Apr 2017, 9:41 pm

And an open letter from the Scarlets - we're going to bum you bandier than Sanjay tomorrow
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Apr 2017, 9:57 pm

Stone Motif wrote:And an open letter from the Scarlets - we're going to bum you bandier than Sanjay tomorrow

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 14 Apr 2017, 10:04 pm

Griff wrote:Here's the info the shareholders have been given ahead of the EGM:

http://rugbysites.srcdn.co.uk/Uploads/Dragons/2016.17%20Season/EGM%20%20Questions%20and%20Answers.pdf

http://rugbysites.srcdn.co.uk/Uploads/Dragons/2016.17%20Season/Tony%20Brown%20EGM%20Letter%20Final.pdf

That valuation of Dave Parade must be b7locks, surely?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Apr 2017, 10:08 pm

I thought this bit of the document was interesting. Newport RFC to get use of RP for 10 years, but everything else outside the stadium for 1 season more only. For me this says that the plans are to keep the stadium but to sell off the rest of the land that houses the club house, gym, cabbage patch and squash club at the end of next season. Perhaps they'll relocate a club house of sorts to inside the stadium. Perhaps in one of the current 'suites'. So the WRU get to own RP AND sell off land for development. Even though I'm for this, if I'm right, it still looks like the WRU managing the have their cake and eat it! But if this is an option (keeping RP while selling some land) then why have NRFC/Dragons not done this themselves to raise funds?

"Will the stadium facilities continue to be available to Newport RFC, and if so, how will the revenue be treated?
Subsequent to the sale of the Ground to the WRU, the Union have agreed to make available:
• the use of the pitch and stadium facilities for the home rugby fixtures of Newport RFC, at no cost for the first 10 years other than all costs and expenses incurred in staging such
fixtures and the use of the relevant part of the stadium;
• the exclusive use of the Rodney Hall building as its clubhouse for home rugby fixtures of Newport RFC until the end of the 2017/18 season;
• the exclusive use of the current Newport RFC gym facility until the end of the 2017/18 season (other than on non- Newport RFC match and stadium event days)
use of the ‘cabbage patch’ field until the end of the 2017/18 season, for training by Newport RFC at no cost save for a service charge to cover the costs and expenses of making the facility available for such use, utilities and maintenance;
• use of the Burnett Suite for all seasons following the end of the 2017/18 season as a clubhouse for home rugby fixtures of Newport RFC, at no cost other than all costs and expenses incurred in staging such use; and
• use of a hospitality box at the Ground for committee, and other similar Company meetings, free of charge for meetings of up to 2 hours."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Apr 2017, 10:17 pm

Stone Motif wrote:

The £3.75m valuation? Yeah, I can't quite get my head around that. Something about if it is to continue as a rugby venue, which is what they want, then it needs to be valued as a sports venue so £3.75m is fair market value for it in its current state. But if the vote is no then it would attract double that as a piece of land for housing development. I can sort of see what they mean, but it also sounds like b*llocks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 15 Apr 2017, 5:44 am

Griff wrote:I thought this bit of the document was interesting. Newport RFC to get use of RP for 10 years,

On condition that pro rugby is based at Dave though isn't it?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 15 Apr 2017, 5:45 am

Stone Motif wrote:

Or a "hiccup".

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 15 Apr 2017, 6:15 am

Griff wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

The £3.75m valuation? Yeah, I can't quite get my head around that. Something about if it is to continue as a rugby venue, which is what they want, then it needs to be valued as a sports venue so £3.75m is fair market value for it in its current state. But if the vote is no then it would attract double that as a piece of land for housing development. I can sort of see what they mean, but it also sounds like b*llocks!

FoNR will look into it no doubt assisted by friends who happen to be accountants. Probably also have friends in the legal profession who'll help scrutinise all the docs.
Wonder what Drags OSC are doing?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 15 Apr 2017, 6:51 am

Stone Motif wrote:

I see Hazell's mate has hinted; the burning issue of the soggy pitch will be addressed, Dave to get a lick of paint and some home help for Kings'. Something like that. Nowt about extra cash to strengthen the playing squad, unless I missed it. Anything stated in the released docs with regards to player retention/recruitment?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017, 8:52 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

I see Hazell's mate has hinted; the burning issue of the soggy pitch will be addressed, Dave to get a lick of paint and some home help for Kings'. Something like that. Nowt about extra cash to strengthen the playing squad, unless I missed it. Anything stated in the released docs with regards to player retention/recruitment?

No, but what they did say is that part of the buy out would be to give NRFC complete independence from the Dragons. The reason, it seems, that the Dragons have been spending so much under the salary cap is because they've been effectively running the two sides (Dragons and NRFC) on the Dragons funding. If there's a yes vote then the deal will include £600,000 for NRFC which they project will last them 6 or 7 years, which they hope will give them enough time to get themselves in a position to be self-sustaining. The Dragons then have the full use of the monies available under the regional rugby agreement thingy (rugby services agreement?), so in essence I guess they will get more funding to strengthen the squad. Or to put it another way, they'll get all of the money (TV money, competitions money, player release money, etc.) rather than just having most if it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017, 8:56 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:I thought this bit of the document was interesting. Newport RFC to get use of RP for 10 years,

Yes, of course. No pro rugby (i.e. Dragons) then no deal. The document said that if they vote Yes to the WRU deal then a load of debts are written off, Newport RFC get £600,000, a load of debt is put into NRFC shares too, etc. However, if it's 'No' the document says that Brown and Hazell will not be writing any debt off and will be looking to claim as much back as possible by selling all assets (the receivers will do this bit) leaving f*** all left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 15 Apr 2017, 9:44 am

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Yes, of course.  No pro rugby (i.e. Dragons) then no deal.  The document said that if they vote Yes to the WRU deal then a load of debts are written off, Newport RFC get £600,000, a load of debt is put into NRFC shares too, etc.  However, if it's 'No' the document says that Brown and Hazell will not be writing any debt off and will be looking to claim as much back as possible by selling all assets (the receivers will do this bit) leaving f*** all left.

Aye, but following a yes vote the 10 years stated aint guaranteed though is it? That's what I was getting at, since the WRU could decide to take their pro team elsewhere at any time during those 10 years.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 15 Apr 2017, 9:52 am

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

No, but what they did say is that part of the buy out would be to give NRFC complete independence from the Dragons.  The reason, it seems, that the Dragons have been spending so much under the salary cap is because they've been effectively running the two sides (Dragons and NRFC) on the Dragons funding.  If there's a yes vote then the deal will include £600,000 for NRFC which they project will last them 6 or 7 years, which they hope will give them enough time to get themselves in a position to be self-sustaining.  The Dragons then have the full use of the monies available under the regional rugby agreement thingy (rugby services agreement?), so in essence I guess they will get more funding to strengthen the squad.  Or to put it another way, they'll get all of the money (TV money, competitions money, player release money, etc.) rather than just having most if it.

Like the bloos and Cardiff RFC then.
Anyway it's the NRFC shareholders that need convincing. Not so sure they will be at present.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 15 Apr 2017, 9:54 am

Yep, as I've said before I have reason to think the WRU are genuine about making a go of it in Newport but as these reasons aren't public I can totally understand why NRFC fans think this is a stitch up. Because it is, yet again Newport are the only club doing anything for the 'region'.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017, 9:57 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Yes, of course.  No pro rugby (i.e. Dragons) then no deal.  The document said that if they vote Yes to the WRU deal then a load of debts are written off, Newport RFC get £600,000, a load of debt is put into NRFC shares too, etc.  However, if it's 'No' the document says that Brown and Hazell will not be writing any debt off and will be looking to claim as much back as possible by selling all assets (the receivers will do this bit) leaving f*** all left.

Aye, but following a yes vote the 10 years stated aint guaranteed though is it? That's what I was getting at, since the WRU could decide to take their pro team elsewhere at any time during those 10 years.

Doesn't say it's conditional on pro rugby being there. Just says they'll make it available for NRFC home games for free for 10 years, and then probably charge them afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017, 10:06 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

No, but what they did say is that part of the buy out would be to give NRFC complete independence from the Dragons.  The reason, it seems, that the Dragons have been spending so much under the salary cap is because they've been effectively running the two sides (Dragons and NRFC) on the Dragons funding.  If there's a yes vote then the deal will include £600,000 for NRFC which they project will last them 6 or 7 years, which they hope will give them enough time to get themselves in a position to be self-sustaining.  The Dragons then have the full use of the monies available under the regional rugby agreement thingy (rugby services agreement?), so in essence I guess they will get more funding to strengthen the squad.  Or to put it another way, they'll get all of the money (TV money, competitions money, player release money, etc.) rather than just having most if it.

Like the bloos and Cardiff RFC then.
Anyway it's the NRFC shareholders that need convincing. Not so sure they will be at present.

Oh definitely, Dave. And I think they'll vote 'No' in the hope that good can come of it. I personally do not think good can come from it. I think a no vote will result in the liquidation of the two companies, sale of all assets to repay the debts, goodbye Dragons, but also NRFC will then exist only in name and will probably have to start from the bottom of the WRU league structure (if they're allowed) and play from somewhere like The Glebelands or some other council pitch. There's a lack of stadia in Newport. I'm assuming the Newport Athletics one at Spytty is no good as County left there for an improved pitch at Rodney Parade!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 15 Apr 2017, 10:30 am

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Doesn't say it's conditional on pro rugby being there. Just says they'll make it available for NRFC home games for free for 10 years, and then probably charge them afterwards.

Yur....

"Newport RFC EGM Circular

"As part of the sale, we have managed to negotiate a licence back to the Company which will see Newport RFC continue to have the right to play at Rodney Parade for so long as it is the home of professional rugby in the Region."

http://rugbysites.srcdn.co.uk/Uploads/Dragons/2016.17%20Season/Newport%20RFC%20EGM%20Circular%20final%20execution%20version%2012%2004%2017%20sig.pdf

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017, 1:55 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Yur....

"Newport RFC EGM Circular

"As part of the sale, we have managed to negotiate a licence back to the Company which will see Newport RFC continue to have the right to play at Rodney Parade for so long as it is the home of professional rugby in the Region."

http://rugbysites.srcdn.co.uk/Uploads/Dragons/2016.17%20Season/Newport%20RFC%20EGM%20Circular%20final%20execution%20version%2012%2004%2017%20sig.pdf

Seems to be conflicting messages in the two documents!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 17 Apr 2017, 7:37 am

Stone Motif wrote:

Put Dave on "Flog It", I reckon.
The place must be at least Art Deco. People feckin love that sort of stuff. The price will rocket with internet/telephone bidders.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:26 am

Thought we did well against Turks and Nige.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 19 Apr 2017, 3:07 pm

munkian wrote:Thought we did well against Turks and Nige.

You did too.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 21 Apr 2017, 7:01 am

Stardust FFS!?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 21 Apr 2017, 7:42 am

BBC welsh rugby website today...
15 leading articles.....all TFL.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/welsh

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 21 Apr 2017, 5:38 pm

I had no idea:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39673408

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 21 Apr 2017, 8:06 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I had no idea:

Guillotine, yo. That'll learn him to give me sh1t in The Talisman after I've had a few.

Last edited by Stone Motif on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Looking gangster)
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Apr 2017, 9:16 pm

Stone Motif wrote:

Guillotine, yo. That'll learn him to give me sh1t in The Talisman after I've had a few.

Ha ha! I had a pint in there once on an alldayer. Rough as. I see they've shut the Weatherspoons over the road from it now. Seems to be an ice cream parlour now or something.

Is this you in the Talisman, Stone? Newport's finest Wink :

https://youtu.be/5p-hsgOKNU4

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 21 Apr 2017, 10:40 pm

Griff wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Ha ha! I had a pint in there once on an alldayer. Rough as. I see they've shut the Weatherspoons over the road from it now. Seems to be an ice cream parlour now or something.

Is this you in the Talisman, Stone? Newport's finest Wink :

https://youtu.be/5p-hsgOKNU4

Not guilty. I too went in the Talisman but once, even the dog that was in there looked like someone had asked an alien on crack to draw a picture of a mangy Staff.

Spoons are selling the Queens now and keeping the Tom Toya, there's a Kaspa's now on the corner of Hill St where you can buy an ice cream for the cost of a round in Spoons
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 21 Apr 2017, 10:48 pm

Where the hell is the talisman?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Apr 2017, 9:38 am

The rough end of town (or should that be 'rougher'?). Opposite what was the 'Pill Weatherspoons', further down than Primark but not as far as the back entrance to the In Shops. Further down but on the same side as Our Price used to be (remember that store?! Cut my musical teeth in there!).

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 22 Apr 2017, 2:39 pm

Really... you go there? That pub makes The Greyhound look like the Garden of Eden. I heard the Pill-end Wetherspoons was up for sale but didn't realise they'd closed it. IMO it's a decent looking pub but happens to be at the 'wrong end'of town. There are two new dessert places nearby. One is an SME and the other is Kaspas.

On the subject of the 'wrong end' of town, have you been opposite the police station and seen how much nicer the whole square is looking?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Apr 2017, 4:37 pm

Kaspas IS the Pill Weatherspoons, now!

I don't go there (to The Talisman). I went there once. Actually if memory serves if was back in my youth where we went out to town, drank through the night at a mates house, and then followed on to the Sunday into town. Probably playing 'Good pub, bad pub' or something similar. Not a good look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next