The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golovkin v Jacobs

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Steffan on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 11:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not sure if anyone is staying up for this as I guess it's pretty much a guaranteed GGG win. Same goes for Gonzalez I guess

But if you are you can keep me company Hug

All my Irish mates are tipping Michael Conlan to go all the way after last night in MSG

I think winning in rugby today and stopping and English Triple Crown and Grandslam has gone to their heads personally

Anyway...after the Haye v Bellew shambles here's to a good night of boxing


Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Posts : 7837
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down


Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by AdamT on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:03 pm

He looks average in a lot of fights Haz. Tyson was better than GGG, but he too looked invincible against lesser opponents.

Floyd fought Cotto and Pacquiao. Two fighters a lot better than GGG. GGG is good and nothing special Haz. Take the blinkers off.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by AdamT on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:08 pm

Why would Floyd dare and fight at 160? After that performance, I don't think GGG would dare move up even one division, never mind 5.

No where near as good as Floyd Mayweather Haz, don't be deluded. One's a boxing genius, the other is a decent good operator in a terrible era.

Do you want me to name a list of Floyd's opponents better than Jacobs and Brook?

Gone please name me one win on GGG's resume as good as Floyd vs Cotto at 154. Please do that and I will concede Haz.

P.s you seem to be taking this rather bad. I am just putting my point of view across and it seems many in the boxing world agree with me now. Better late than never I guess.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by hazharrison on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:49 pm

No-one wants to talk about Floyd mate. He's boring.

When you're holding up a win over a junior welterweight whose record at junior middleweight consisted of wins over Yuri Foreman, Ricardo Mayorga, Delvin Rodriguez and a one-eyed Margarito then you're really stretching. Austin Trout beat Cotto more convincingly than Floyd at 154.

No-one wants to do the GGG vs Floyd debate. I know you're still butt hurt because no-one else (other than your alias) worships Mayweather like you do but lets leave TBE (chortle) out of this one.

Golovkin will be remembered for clearing out a division, in the face of considerable opposition (in terms of no-one wanting to fight him). Will that scrape him a position in the all-time pantheon of middleweights? Probably not. It's a shame the likes of Martinez, Cotto, Alvarez, Sturm etc. wouldn't fight him at his peak. Such a waste.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by AdamT on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:50 pm

You are clueless about boxing mate.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by hazharrison on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:52 pm

Ok mate - pointless debating with me then.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by AdamT on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:57 pm

I tell you what, I shouldn't of said you're clueless. It's a childish insult and I take it back.

I don't think GGG is special, you perhaps do. Agree to disagree.

You might not like me as a poster, most don't. But I don't have any problem with you.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 6:08 pm

I wonder if Froch's kicking himself for not pursuing the Golovkin fight now that Golovkin is looking a little more human

No question his reputation as the fearless warrior took something of a hit with some fans for not taking up Golovkin's offer

A win over the Kazakh might have propelled Carl above Calzaghe in the super middleweight lists too which no doubt would have been very satisfying for him

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by AdamT on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 7:12 pm

Froch was too long retired and got dropped badly his second last fight.

Though I would pick him if he was active, probably a smart move.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 7:15 pm

Would have been a great fight for sure maybe one for the annals

Golovkin have the mental edge on him?

I'll be honest I would have made Golovkin the marginal favourite


Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 8:00 pm

I honestly don't think boxers are too concerned where they appear in fan lists.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 8:23 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I honestly don't think boxers are too concerned where they appear in fan lists.


lol

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 9:12 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I honestly don't think boxers are too concerned where they appear in fan lists.

Seems to me like some boxers are obsessed with what people think of them

It means more to them than money in most cases

Very vain people boxers..

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 9:22 pm

Of course it does Herman of course it does.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 9:35 pm

Unbelievably vain people a lot of boxers...

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by milkyboy on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 9:53 pm

hazharrison wrote:No-one wants to talk about Floyd mate. He's boring.

When you're holding up a win over a junior welterweight whose record at junior middleweight consisted of wins over Yuri Foreman, Ricardo Mayorga, Delvin Rodriguez  and a one-eyed Margarito then you're really stretching. Austin Trout beat Cotto more convincingly than Floyd at 154.

No-one wants to do the GGG vs Floyd debate. I know you're still butt hurt because no-one else (other than your alias) worships Mayweather like you do but lets leave TBE (chortle) out of this one.

Golovkin will be remembered for clearing out a division, in the face of considerable opposition (in terms of no-one wanting to fight him). Will that scrape him a position in the all-time pantheon of middleweights? Probably not. It's a shame the likes of Martinez, Cotto, Alvarez, Sturm etc. wouldn't fight him at his peak. Such a waste.

Manny did a better job on cotto than Floyd. That said calling cotto a junior welter is like calling Floyd a super feather/lightweight. Cotto struggled making weight at 140, and whatever a 'natural' weight is these days, his would be above floyds.

The big shame Re ggg  is the injury to pirog in the run up to their fight... a guy who actually chose to fight golovkin He'd have got his big test in early. Pirog was a bit hot and cold but he looked tasty in the jacobs fight even before the ko.

Martinez cotto sturm were all past their peaks when the fights were viable. Not saying that's an excuse to not fight him, just that GGG's  timing hasn't been great.

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 10:04 pm

GGG v Jacobs 114 - 113..

35...Should have fought the best earlier....He can forget 168..

Take all the "crap" you want..I did...But your tank and reflexes will diminish at 35....Nothing can help that.....Floyd and Hoppo had great defences.

This guy is too easy to hit.....The GGG that beat Macklin beats Jacobs easier.

That one has gone.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39294
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by catchweight on Wed 22 Mar 2017, 7:45 am

Golovkin might benefit from a less busy schedule at his age. Hes looked a bit mentally and physically disengaged in his last couple of fights. Less of a spark and enthusiasm about him. He has a pretty busy schedule and he always seems in fighting shape all year round so he must be grinding in the gym constantly. They like to keep him busy and keep him in training but maybe at his age it will start causing a bit of burnout.

catchweight

Posts : 4305
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by AdamT on Wed 22 Mar 2017, 8:09 am

I scored it for GGG, but seems loads thought Jacobs won. I watched the fight after knowing the result.

Jacobs definitely deserves another crack soon. But I think it will be Canelo.


AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by BoxingFan88 on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 5:41 pm

Would have to say the overwhelming majority of boxing fans I've seen scored it for ggg

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by AdamT on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 8:04 pm

Two decent fighters, nothing special. Hope Mw gets quality again.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by hazharrison on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 11:04 pm

milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:No-one wants to talk about Floyd mate. He's boring.

When you're holding up a win over a junior welterweight whose record at junior middleweight consisted of wins over Yuri Foreman, Ricardo Mayorga, Delvin Rodriguez  and a one-eyed Margarito then you're really stretching. Austin Trout beat Cotto more convincingly than Floyd at 154.

No-one wants to do the GGG vs Floyd debate. I know you're still butt hurt because no-one else (other than your alias) worships Mayweather like you do but lets leave TBE (chortle) out of this one.

Golovkin will be remembered for clearing out a division, in the face of considerable opposition (in terms of no-one wanting to fight him). Will that scrape him a position in the all-time pantheon of middleweights? Probably not. It's a shame the likes of Martinez, Cotto, Alvarez, Sturm etc. wouldn't fight him at his peak. Such a waste.

Manny did a better job on cotto than Floyd. That said calling cotto a junior welter is like calling Floyd a super feather/lightweight. Cotto struggled making weight at 140, and whatever a 'natural' weight is these days, his would be above floyds.

The big shame Re ggg  is the injury to pirog in the run up to their fight... a guy who actually chose to fight golovkin He'd have got his big test in early. Pirog was a bit hot and cold but he looked tasty in the jacobs fight even before the ko.

Martinez cotto sturm were all past their peaks when the fights were viable. Not saying that's an excuse to not fight him, just that GGG's  timing hasn't been great.

Manny did indeed beat Cotto better - but he was in his Ariza dodgy 'shakes purple patch (Roach's words, not mine). He was a monster against Cotto. It's no coincidence he split with Ariza and stopped knocking the living daylights out of fighters (to my mind at least).

Canelo was slap bang in the middle of his prime; Martinez was in the midst of his middleweight championship run. Sturm was a world title holder! Never has a fighter been swerved as badly as Golovkin. Over the last 40 years I can think of Jones, Rigondeaux and maybe Winky Wright off the top of my head. None were as avoided as GGG. Shame those years were wasted and he looks like he dun slid (to coin an Ali-ism).

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by AdamT on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 8:59 am

hazharrison wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:No-one wants to talk about Floyd mate. He's boring.

When you're holding up a win over a junior welterweight whose record at junior middleweight consisted of wins over Yuri Foreman, Ricardo Mayorga, Delvin Rodriguez  and a one-eyed Margarito then you're really stretching. Austin Trout beat Cotto more convincingly than Floyd at 154.

No-one wants to do the GGG vs Floyd debate. I know you're still butt hurt because no-one else (other than your alias) worships Mayweather like you do but lets leave TBE (chortle) out of this one.

Golovkin will be remembered for clearing out a division, in the face of considerable opposition (in terms of no-one wanting to fight him). Will that scrape him a position in the all-time pantheon of middleweights? Probably not. It's a shame the likes of Martinez, Cotto, Alvarez, Sturm etc. wouldn't fight him at his peak. Such a waste.

Manny did a better job on cotto than Floyd. That said calling cotto a junior welter is like calling Floyd a super feather/lightweight. Cotto struggled making weight at 140, and whatever a 'natural' weight is these days, his would be above floyds.

The big shame Re ggg  is the injury to pirog in the run up to their fight... a guy who actually chose to fight golovkin He'd have got his big test in early. Pirog was a bit hot and cold but he looked tasty in the jacobs fight even before the ko.

Martinez cotto sturm were all past their peaks when the fights were viable. Not saying that's an excuse to not fight him, just that GGG's  timing hasn't been great.

Manny did indeed beat Cotto better - but he was in his Ariza dodgy 'shakes purple patch (Roach's words, not mine). He was a monster against Cotto. It's no coincidence he split with Ariza and stopped knocking the living daylights out of fighters (to my mind at least).  

Canelo was slap bang in the middle of his prime; Martinez was in the midst of his middleweight championship run. Sturm was a world title holder! Never has a fighter been swerved as badly as Golovkin. Over the last 40 years I can think of Jones, Rigondeaux and maybe Winky Wright off the top of my head. None were as avoided as GGG. Shame those years were wasted and he looks like he dun slid (to coin an Ali-ism).

It's a pity he was avoided. least if he hadn't of been, I wouldn't have to listen to the bullsh1t hype that surrounds him. He isn't that good, so someone would probably beat him. Pity Cotto wasn't a natural 160 fighter. I think he would beat GGG if he was.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:14 pm

Come now Adam, he would have beaten all the fighters that avoided him surely

Of all the fighters that avoided him,  I can't think of a single one who you would have made favourite to beat him

That said he HAS ruled a very weak division

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by AdamT on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:19 pm

I certainly agree with your last point.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:29 pm

And the guys who avoided him wouldn't have added much to his legacy either imo

Very weak division

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:31 pm

Froch and Ward have both been accused of ducking him and I'd have made both reasonable favourites to win.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by AdamT on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:34 pm

I actually think Froch would stop him

Yes I know he has never been stopped as 300 plus amateur. I also don't care. In a professional 12 round fight, I think Froch would wear him down and stop him.

Ward wins a unanimous decision. Possibly boring, but quite one sided.

GGG is a very good fighter, but he lacks something. Great front runner though.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:37 pm

Golovkin favourite over a post Groves 1 Froch surely

Maybe Ward favourite to beat him but Ward not a natural middleweight

At a catchweight of 164 you'd have to give Golovkin a great shot to beat Ward surely

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by AdamT on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:39 pm

GGG can hardly beat Jacobs, he wouldn't beat Ward

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:40 pm

The fight would have to be at 168lbs a weight he said he'd fight anyone at but he and his team knew his only chance of victory was trying to drain Ward to a standstill.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:48 pm

AdamT wrote:I actually think Froch would stop him

Yes I know he has never been stopped as 300 plus amateur. I also don't care. In a professional 12 round fight, I think Froch would wear him down and stop him.

Ward wins a unanimous decision. Possibly boring, but quite one sided.

GGG is a very good fighter, but he lacks something. Great front runner though.


Just because Jacobs can beat(or nearly) Golovkin doesn't mean Froch could surely

Two totally different styles

It's movers we're now surmising that might be able to trouble the Kazakh surely he beats anyone at the axis who comes to fight

Then again maybe Froch could do a hit and run job on him ala Abraham but Golovkin cuts the ring off better than Artur and Froch surely isn't as good a boxer as Jacobs(even though Jacobs isn't that good himself)

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:50 pm

Surely, surely, surely

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by AdamT on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:51 pm

I don't think he looked that good against Brook. GGG gets hit while easy. He's just lucky not many 160 fighters are that great.

I will not be brain washed to think GGG is anything special. He isn't. Like Wlad at heavyweight, he is ruling at an easy time. Wlad has probably fought better opponents.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:53 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The fight would have to be at 168lbs a weight he said he'd fight anyone at but he and his team knew his only chance of victory was trying to drain Ward to a standstill.

I think Ward might be too clever and too big for Golovkin the Kazakh looked horribly one dimensional against Jacobs but why did Ward request a tuneup fight to face Golovkin? Hardly exuding confidence that

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:54 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Surely, surely, surely


Surely you're a sarcastic pr1ck

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:56 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:The fight would have to be at 168lbs a weight he said he'd fight anyone at but he and his team knew his only chance of victory was trying to drain Ward to a standstill.

I think Ward might be too clever and too big for Golovkin the Kazakh looked horribly one dimensional against Jacobs but why did Ward request a tuneup fight to face Golovkin? Hardly exuding confidence that

He was returning from injury, it hardly exudes confidence that GGG won't move up at all yet we're to believe he beats a great 168lber and a very very good one. Ward and Froch have proven their worth multiple times against the very best their divisions had to offer.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 1:03 pm

We were just having a nice debate and you had to be your usual sarcastic self

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 1:21 pm

How is that sarcastic, it's not my fault you can't quantify your statements.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 1:38 pm

You don't like it when people disagree with you

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 1:48 pm

Disagree all you want but at least try and back up what you're saying, it's odd how much you moan considering it's you who goes off on one all the time.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 1:59 pm

Double standards is rife on these boards...

GGG may have had an off night...Now Roman can show how great he is etc..

Yet the greatest Ward ever seemed to have fought Kovo and robbed him and Maidana shows Floyd isn't a Top Atg...

Black and white on here.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39294
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 2:03 pm

Ward's hurrying to sign the contract for the rematch isn't he?

Geez how much longer...

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 2:10 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Ward's hurrying to sign the contract for the rematch isn't he?

Geez how much longer...

He can retire now and he'll have had the career GGG and Kovo can only dream of.

If only he had your bollox Herman.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39294
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Derbymanc on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 2:11 pm

Erm hasn't it been stated that both Kov's and Ward's teams are 'negotiating' at this time Herman. You can't pin all the blame on one fighter just cause you don't like him (I'm not a Ward nor Floyd fan but you can't argue against how good they are)

As for GGG, he's a good talent in what everyone states is a mediocre division, whilst I can't argue that he may want to unify the division if he (and his fans) want to be recognised as a great then you really have to sign on to fight the greater fighters and if they ain't in your division then your going to have to move to fulfil a legacy.

Derbymanc

Posts : 3879
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 2:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:Ward's hurrying to sign the contract for the rematch isn't he?

Geez how much longer...

He can retire now and he'll have had the career GGG and Kovo can only dream of.

If only he had your bollox Herman.


If Ward retired now that would pee off a lot of fans who would see it as a cowardly move.

But you'd be happy with it, right?

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 2:22 pm

The resume of a coward is as follows;

Kessler, Abraham, Green, Froch, Bika, Dawson, Rodriguez and Kovalev.

Imagine if he grew a pair.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 2:23 pm

It's looking a bit once bitten twice shy at the minute with this delay

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Derbymanc on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 2:26 pm

what delay, cause Kov doesn't want his ears boxed off again so he's told his team to drag it out as much as possible hoping Ward goes off elsewhere

Derbymanc

Posts : 3879
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Herman Jaeger on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 2:27 pm

The only person not signing is Ward

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Derbymanc on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 2:32 pm

Can you post us a link to where Kov's signed as i've only seen stuff saying neither have signed with Kov demanding he chooses where it's at.

Truss - The world must have changed, who would have thought i'd stick up for ward :-)

Derbymanc

Posts : 3879
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Golovkin v Jacobs - Page 4 Empty Re: Golovkin v Jacobs

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum