The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton - Singles match for the WWE Championship

+5
Engel Harlequin
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fernando
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
9 posters

Go down

Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton	- Singles match for the WWE Championship Empty Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton - Singles match for the WWE Championship

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:00 pm

Discuss the match in here - All pre-event spoilers (dirtsheet rumours and bookmakers odds included) to be put in spoilers boxes please.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton	- Singles match for the WWE Championship Empty Re: Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton - Singles match for the WWE Championship

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:57 am

Harper and Rowan have to show on Bray's side, surely?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton	- Singles match for the WWE Championship Empty Re: Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton - Singles match for the WWE Championship

Post by Hero Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:07 pm

I personally hope not, I'd like to see him bring through some new blood as his family and state the originals weren't up to the task.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:21 pm

I don't know exactly where I stand, but I think they are great talents together, and I'd sacrifice Bray's direction a touch for Harper and Rowan to be back together and powerful. I miss their tag work

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:44 am

winner:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:37 am

This was awful - just an awful match, and awful outcome. How they managed to screw up all their hard work so quickly pre match was impressive, and it showed here - another boring Orton title run - yay!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:35 pm

I don't have a problem with the outcome really as I'm not a massive Bray fan but they spent their time creatively for this match on making bugs appear and forgot about the wrestling

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Harlequin Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:21 pm

This and the Reigns Taker match suffered the same issues as each other but this one moreso.

There was no movement in the latter half. Bray hit a move, stood waiting...oooh maggots sister abi-no-RK-NO what a reversal by Bray Wyatt. Rinse repeat ad nauseum.

Wrestlemania was a long show and this and Takers match really killed the crowd because it was slow and longwinded.

Engel Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:27 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:This was awful - just an awful match, and awful outcome. How they managed to screw up all their hard work so quickly pre match was impressive, and it showed here - another boring Orton title run - yay!

They screwed up their hard work in the final few weeks, not sure why they had all the bugs and Bray playing mind games only for him to lose

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:26 pm

Terrible match, probably the worst of the show. Bray and Orton just don't seem to have much chemistry as opponents and both are too slow which was then made worse with how the match was booked. The "mind games" portion of the match was really silly and without Wyatt winning made to look even worse. At the very least the ending of the match should have had a snake appear on the image instead which shocks Wyatt and then RKO, pin. Instead it seemed very underwhelming. 

I also don't think Orton as champion is great, hopefully he only has a short reign ala Cena. I am really hoping they don't go for a Cena/Orton program at Summerslam for the 17th World Championship.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:54 pm

This whole feud reminded me so much of Orton/HHH going into WM25

The whole angle should've been built towards getting the younger heel over but they went so far pushing against the older face that eventually the face had to get his payback, the system failed Orton in 2009 and it failed Bray in 2017.

I lost interest in this feud pretty quickly, I was intrigued by it before the Rumble, I was intrigued by it after the Rumble, the problem started when they gave Bray the belt, I'd rather have seen Bray command Orton to win the Title for him at WrestleMania vs AJ Styles, have the Wyatt family help Orton beat AJ and when it came time to hand the belt over to Bray on the first SD aftwr WrestleMania then Orton could've turned on him.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:22 pm

Without a doubt the worst match on the card. Over booked Poopie, the two dont have any real chemistry, and I would have had Bray go over.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:07 am

I don't think it's necessarily a lack of chemistry but maybe a lack of knowing their roles, both have moved between face and heel throughout their program and its almost Russoesque the way the whole thing has been booked

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down