The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonight's Action - SPOILERS!!!

+2
TheSquaredCircle
The Beast
6 posters

Go down

Tonight's Action - SPOILERS!!! Empty Tonight's Action - SPOILERS!!!

Post by The Beast Sat 10 Jun 2017, 11:12 pm

Congratulations to Ryan Burnett comprehensively out-boxing Lee Haskins on route to becoming IBF World Bantamweight Champion. Two knockdowns however absolutely bizarre scorecard, one judge giving the fight widely to Haskins!!!! Must have been a technical issue, Burnett for me winning every round.

Burnett excellent too sharp from start to finish. Not a fan of Haskins but credit to him for hearing the final bell.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Tonight's Action - SPOILERS!!! Empty Re: Tonight's Action - SPOILERS!!!

Post by TheSquaredCircle Sat 10 Jun 2017, 11:23 pm

Horrendous card from the judge who seems like he was wearing grossly under prescribed bifocals. Good fight. Always thought Haskins was mediocre and got beat by a fighter who will probably also be Euro or fringe world at best.

TheSquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 11 Jun 2017, 12:10 am

Thought Burnett looked good, don't know how well that hands down style will serve him at the top level but he looked fast and fit and picked his shots well against an awkward opponent. Like others I've never rated Haskins, I thought he lost last time out to hall, but Burnett shut him out so fair play to the lad.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sun 11 Jun 2017, 12:32 pm

Must of been a mistake as the judge scored it 118-108 to Haskins despite him being dropped twice so he scored all 12 rounds to Haskins and 9-9 rounds on the rounds where KD occurred!

Haskins looked poor and terribly average.

Can't see where Haskins goes unless he wants 1-2 more fights to secure a little bit money.

On another note and out of pure curiosity, what do you think they earned for this fight?

I would guess Haskins about £50k and Burnett less?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sun 11 Jun 2017, 2:41 pm

Judge must've had both contact lenses in the same eye...Only one winner

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 11 Jun 2017, 3:01 pm

heard he scored the knockdown rounds 10-8 to haskins... he just didn't know which fighter was which. Maybe he's colour blind and can't tell a red corner from a blue one... you'd think someone might point it out to him and check before calling the scores.

Who know's how many fights this has happened in the past, where the fights were close enough for it not to be so obvious. Any fight with IJL as a judge for example.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 11 Jun 2017, 3:32 pm

Hearn is claiming the judge got the fighters mixed up and the BBBC are asking for the judge to not judge again.

I'm more interested to hear what people think about Perez coming back as a cruiser? Interesting but probably good move.

I thought his issue was focus/dedication at HW so interesting he's chosen to come back at cruiser, where he'll need to be disciplined to make the weight.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSquaredCircle Sun 11 Jun 2017, 6:13 pm

The judge forgot which fighters were which and mixed them up ?!? Time for donepezil me thinks!

TheSquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down