The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joke fights here we come!!

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TheSquaredCircle on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:34 am

First topic message reminder :

So it's confirmed.....mayweather vs Conor McGregor.
The lay public and mostly MMA fans will be most enthused by this fight. I think it's the start of a WWE style entertainment farce. People will be going crazy on social media about the legitimacy of this fight and how it's the greatest thing to ever happen. The reality is that it is chalk and cheese fighting......might as well pair Andy Murray up with Freddy flintoff for the WBA belt. The spanner in the works could be mayweather along lay off and age. Is this a horrendous scam fight or should we be excited that boxing is reaching even more platforms?

TheSquaredCircle

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-05-26

Back to top Go down


Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:15 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:McGregor in the 3rd round. TKO

I think Tony McGregor v Floyd Snr should be on the under card

or someone fighting a bear like they used to do in the 20s.

Wheres Tank Abbot when you need him!

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:16 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Against others at the top level Mayweather won because he could negate his opponents strengths but what will be McGregors?
Fantastic. McGregor will win because he has no strengths.

As for ability to knock him out, I can't think where we've heard that before with Mayweather.

Im saying Mayweathers going in not knowing what McGregor offers, it limits his ability to prepare a comprehensive game plan

It may even force him on to the front foot early on to see what McGregor offers


It's admirable that you're trying but it's all quite embarrassing.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Scottrf on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:16 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Against others at the top level Mayweather won because he could negate his opponents strengths but what will be McGregors?
Fantastic. McGregor will win because he has no strengths.

As for ability to knock him out, I can't think where we've heard that before with Mayweather.

Im saying Mayweathers going in not knowing what McGregor offers, it limits his ability to prepare a comprehensive game plan

It may even force him on to the front foot early on to see what McGregor offers
True but Mayweather tends to start slow and cautiously anyway while he figures his opponents out (recent fights anyway).

Scottrf

Posts : 14189
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:17 pm

LionsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Against others at the top level Mayweather won because he could negate his opponents strengths but what will be McGregors?
Fantastic. McGregor will win because he has no strengths.

As for ability to knock him out, I can't think where we've heard that before with Mayweather.

Im saying Mayweathers going in not knowing what McGregor offers, it limits his ability to prepare a comprehensive game plan

It may even force him on to the front foot early on to see what McGregor offers


It's admirable that you're trying but it's all quite embarrassing.

Yeah, that makes complete sense

Seems more like you don't what to say so just try for a put down Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:23 pm

McGregor's hands are too slow. They look ok fighting non boxers. I watched the Diaz fights again. He looks like he has good power, but he can't move his head.

Floyd murders him. Floyd is a better fighter than Hopkins was and I reckon he has aged just as well. Floyd is selling himself as old, past it and small, so idiots will think he can lose.

The more people paying to see him lose, means more money in his account. The fight will be a farce, but it is smart for both guys to make huge money.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:41 pm

AdamT wrote:McGregor's hands are too slow. They look ok fighting non boxers. I watched the Diaz fights again. He looks like he has good power, but he can't move his head.

Floyd murders him. Floyd is a better fighter than Hopkins was and I reckon he has aged just as well. Floyd is selling himself as old, past it and small, so idiots will think he can lose.

The more people paying to see him lose, means more money in his account. The fight will be a farce, but it is smart for both guys to make huge money.

Was it against Poirier or Siver he showed good head movement and faster hands

Against someone like Diaz you can't go too fast, you miss, you over commit and get taken down and that's what cost him first time round against Diaz

You may think Mayweathers aged well but until he's in there you can't be sure, the same goes for McGregors ability in there

Like I said, the unknowns make it intriguing


marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:47 pm

AdamT wrote:McGregor's hands are too slow. They look ok fighting non boxers. I watched the Diaz fights again. He looks like he has good power, but he can't move his head.

Floyd murders him. Floyd is a better fighter than Hopkins was and I reckon he has aged just as well. Floyd is selling himself as old, past it and small, so idiots will think he can lose.

The more people paying to see him lose, means more money in his account. The fight will be a farce, but it is smart for both guys to make huge money.

Its pretty obvious that Floyd is selling himself as old and past it. Even an idiot can see that. However, age obviously does count for something.

You are right about the head movement but that was a different fight and I think McGregor will adapt to what is in front of him. He isnt that stupid.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:50 pm

Guys fair play for disagreeing, your opinions and all that, but I think Floyd picks him apart.

This will be similar to what Hopkins did to Kelly Pavlik, only easier.


AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:58 pm

AdamT wrote:Guys fair play for disagreeing, your opinions and all that, but I think Floyd picks him apart.

This will be similar to what Hopkins did to Kelly Pavlik, only easier.


It definitely wont go 12 rounds whatever happens. I looked that fight up it went to a decision. You really think that's what is going to happen?

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:01 pm

No, I mean the way an old Hopkins made a fool out of a bigger, younger, champion, knock out artist.

He took him to school and disarmed him very easily. Floyd will certainly do the same, with a lot of ease.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:01 pm

"Wink Wink Conor I'll stay in this crouch for five seconds you throw a left hook and I'll go down for a count of 8 and look unhappy when I get up..You think you can do that??"..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39296
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by beshocked on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:02 pm

I think this fight will be as much of a mismatch as this….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-e-xF1ZtfY

SBW vs Mcgregor would be a closer fight though even then I doubt Mcgregor would win in that fight let alone standing a chance vs Floyd.

beshocked

Posts : 14849
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by milkyboy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:15 pm

i like the gladiator suggestion mentioned earlier.

Perhaps if it was a joint double header, semis and final on the same day:
semis:

bear v lion
mayweather v mcgregor

final: ?

Now that i would happily fork out ppv for.

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:17 pm

It's sad that this fight is easily 3-4 times bigger than Canelo v GGG.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:19 pm

beshocked wrote:I think this fight will be as much of a mismatch as this….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-e-xF1ZtfY

SBW vs Mcgregor would be a closer fight though even then I doubt Mcgregor would win in that fight let alone standing a chance vs Floyd.

SBW is about 110 kilos? That would be an even sillier fight. Mcgregor is about 70 kilos.

It would be good craic to watch though.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:24 pm

milkyboy wrote:i like the gladiator suggestion mentioned earlier.

Perhaps if it was a joint double header, semis and final on the same day:

bear v lion

The roar at the shore..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39296
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by beshocked on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:29 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
beshocked wrote:I think this fight will be as much of a mismatch as this….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-e-xF1ZtfY

SBW vs Mcgregor would be a closer fight though even then I doubt Mcgregor would win in that fight let alone standing a chance vs Floyd.

SBW is about 110 kilos? That would be an even sillier fight. Mcgregor is about 70 kilos.

It would be good craic to watch though.

True there would be a significant weight mismatch but the gap in terms of boxing would be much less than Floyd vs Mcgregor.

Can imagine SBW being a lot easier to hit than Floyd.

beshocked

Posts : 14849
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:34 pm

beshocked wrote:I think this fight will be as much of a mismatch as this….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-e-xF1ZtfY

SBW vs Mcgregor would be a closer fight though even then I doubt Mcgregor would win in that fight let alone standing a chance vs Floyd.

A novice fighter from another sport coming into boxing and beating a mor experienced fighter

That can't happen apparently Whistle

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Boxing is a vanity project for SBW. Unlike McGregor he has no boxing background but still has 7 wins and no defeats. McGregor has been fighting including boxing since he was a kid.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:38 pm

you only have to look at the training videos and McGregor's sparring. He hasn't a prayer of beating Floyd. He will give it a go though.

This is all about the dollars!!

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:43 pm

AdamT wrote:you only have to look at the training videos and McGregor's sparring. He hasn't a prayer of beating Floyd. He will give it a go though.

This is all about the dollars!!

Think you might be reading too much into the training videos. Not the first time an opponent has criticised his training videos. In fact it happens nearly every fight.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Conor hasn't boxed professionally. Mayweather wouldn't have a chance in an octagon, same way this guy has no chance in a boxing ring.

I'm Irish and I like Conor, but many plebs over here think he can walk on water.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:47 pm

AdamT wrote:Conor hasn't boxed professionally. Mayweather wouldn't have a chance in an octagon, same way this guy has no chance in a boxing ring.

I'm Irish and I like Conor, but many plebs over here think he can walk on water.

I dont really like him myself. Think he is a scumbag albeit an entertaining one but I also think he will do better than you think.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:49 pm

I do like him, just can't believe how many think he will be competitive in a different sport.

I doubt the top rally driver could jump into an F1 car and beat Lewis Hamilton.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:52 pm

marty2086 wrote:
beshocked wrote:I think this fight will be as much of a mismatch as this….


SBW vs Mcgregor would be a closer fight though even then I doubt Mcgregor would win in that fight let alone standing a chance vs Floyd.

A novice fighter from another sport coming into boxing and beating a mor experienced fighter

That can't happen apparently Whistle


Sonny Bill didn't fight one of the greatest boxers of all time did he, would I be right in thinking you're Irish?

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:52 pm

AdamT wrote:I do like him, just can't believe how many think he will be competitive in a different sport.

I doubt the top rally driver could jump into an F1 car and beat Lewis Hamilton.

Its hardly that different. Id say Louis Hamilton could jump in a rally car and do well.

Its also not the first time a brilliant athlete has crossed over into another sport. Id say its more like a rugby league player doing well in union or the other way round. Its almost as if some people think McGregor has never boxed before.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Floyd Mayweather is one of the greatest boxers to ever live. McGregor has never boxed professionally.

Will agree to disagree!

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:56 pm

LionsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
beshocked wrote:I think this fight will be as much of a mismatch as this….


SBW vs Mcgregor would be a closer fight though even then I doubt Mcgregor would win in that fight let alone standing a chance vs Floyd.

A novice fighter from another sport coming into boxing and beating a mor experienced fighter

That can't happen apparently Whistle


Sonny Bill didn't fight one of the greatest boxers of all time did he, would I be right in thinking you're Irish?

He also had 0 combat experience, unlike McGregor. Mayweather may have been a top fighter but who says he will be still since he hasn't fought in two years?

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:57 pm

AdamT wrote:Floyd Mayweather is one of the greatest boxers to ever live. McGregor has never boxed professionally.

Will agree to disagree!

Nobody is unbeatable. He is not an android or something.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:00 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
beshocked wrote:I think this fight will be as much of a mismatch as this….


SBW vs Mcgregor would be a closer fight though even then I doubt Mcgregor would win in that fight let alone standing a chance vs Floyd.

A novice fighter from another sport coming into boxing and beating a mor experienced fighter

That can't happen apparently Whistle


Sonny Bill didn't fight one of the greatest boxers of all time did he, would I be right in thinking you're Irish?

He also had 0 combat experience, unlike McGregor. Mayweather may have been a top fighter but who says he will be still since he hasn't fought in two years?


Combat experience in a completely different sport doesn't matter at all; it would take some pretty damn good to beat a 50% Mayweather, he'll walk it.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:01 pm

LionsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
beshocked wrote:I think this fight will be as much of a mismatch as this….


SBW vs Mcgregor would be a closer fight though even then I doubt Mcgregor would win in that fight let alone standing a chance vs Floyd.

A novice fighter from another sport coming into boxing and beating a mor experienced fighter

That can't happen apparently Whistle


Sonny Bill didn't fight one of the greatest boxers of all time did he, would I be right in thinking you're Irish?

He also had 0 combat experience, unlike McGregor. Mayweather may have been a top fighter but who says he will be still since he hasn't fought in two years?


Combat experience in a completely different sport doesn't matter at all; it would take some pretty damn good to beat a 50% Mayweather, he'll walk it.

I guess we'll see in 6 weeks

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:03 pm

The suspense of finding out is killing me.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:36 pm

I'm not sure now. McGregor might beat him lol

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Seanusarrilius on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Man, this fight tour is hilarious. WWE on smack. London today. Expect some faux fireworks as its the last. These two love it. Hell! I love it. Pantomime!

Seanusarrilius
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5145
Join date : 2011-02-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by milkyboy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:30 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Man, this fight tour is hilarious. WWE on smack. London today. Expect some faux fireworks as its the last. These two love it. Hell! I love it. Pantomime!

Yup it's widow twanky alright

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Seanusarrilius on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:15 pm

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

HARD WORK!

Man, this is funny. The hype is unbelievable, and, judging by my mates, this will be bigger than Pac v May PPV wise. All for what is a mismatch of the highest order

But - its fun, so i care not

Seanusarrilius
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5145
Join date : 2011-02-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by compelling and rich on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:14 am

i cannot believe the hype in this already, my facebook feed is just all this.

just shows you how stupid people really are these days, wwe hype and build up could sell anything. fair play to these two they know exactly what they are doing and earning a boat load of cash doing it

anyone thinking Floyd may drag the actual fight out and make it bit more competitive than it needs to be in case he wants a rematch. its in his hands he can literally do what he wants with mcgregor in a boxing ring and still wouldn't be under any threat

compelling and rich

Posts : 5916
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:38 am

Main Stream Media have been amplifying the hype.  For example the BBC have been running some hysterical front page headlines.  For a period of time yesterday the front story on their homepage was something like McGregor makes racist remark.   On the Sports Page they were running two or three stories including the top sports story - with a headline along the lines of Mayweather makes a homophobic slur while accusing McGregor of making racist remarks.  The BBC are completely hysterical.

Click on the following for the various stories they have run on it in a short space of time:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=mayweather

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by spencerclarke on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Look forward to when we talk boxing again. It's like a Edgar Allan Poe tale lately.

spencerclarke

Posts : 1896
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : North Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:13 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

HARD WORK!

Man, this is funny. The hype is unbelievable, and, judging by my mates, this will be bigger than Pac v May PPV wise. All for what is a mismatch of the highest order

But - its fun, so i care not

I care...Everytime I think Boxing reaches rock bottom it surprises me..

I think I'd like the mafia to start running the sport again like it did in Lamotta's day...

That would be a step up from this pitiful crap....If hype is all you're interested in then how about...

Paulie Malignaggi vs Shannon Briggs in the fall....Maybe Derek Chisora v Ohara Davies next spring


Worth 17 pounds of money the hype from those..We can even write in to offer gags and one liners...Donate furniture for them to chuck... Maybe get Adam Smith to say "Mouthwatering Johnny".

Never been more ashamed to be a fan of the glorious sport..




TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39296
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:22 pm

It seems to be overshadowing real(?) boxing news in the reporting by the Main Stream Media.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by milkyboy on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

HARD WORK!

Man, this is funny. The hype is unbelievable, and, judging by my mates, this will be bigger than Pac v May PPV wise. All for what is a mismatch of the highest order

But - its fun, so i care not

I care...Everytime I think Boxing reaches rock bottom it surprises me..

I think I'd like the mafia to start running the sport again like it did in Lamotta's day...

That would be a step up from this pitiful crap....If hype is all you're interested in then how about...

Paulie Malignaggi  vs Shannon Briggs in the fall....Maybe Derek Chisora v Ohara Davies next spring


Worth 17 pounds of money the hype from those..We can even write in to offer gags and one liners...Donate furniture for them to chuck... Maybe get Adam Smith to say "Mouthwatering Johnny".

Never been more ashamed to be a fan of the glorious sport..


Never mind all that truss, who do you think will win? Whistle

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TheSquaredCircle on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:30 pm

Conor is a good showman, got to give him that.

TheSquaredCircle

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-05-26

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by erictheblueuk on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:51 pm

For those of you who think Conor's gonna win, listen to these guys who've actually sparred with him.

"McGregors sparring partner releases footage of him BEATING Conor "HE IS NOT A GOOD BOXER" "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hArgah7tMk8



"Sparring Partner 'PLAYS' with Conor Mcgregor"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYQwXDyi-5k


Last edited by erictheblueuk on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Posts : 582
Join date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by wheelchair1991 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Good footage

wheelchair1991

Posts : 2114
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 29
Location : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Chuckling away at some of the deluded nonsense up there^

999 times out of 1,000 Floyd beats McG in a boxing match. The 1 time McG wins, it's luck not skill. If it happens in 6 weeks time, it'll be luck, not skill

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Posts : 655
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by beshocked on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:29 am

marty2086 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
beshocked wrote:I think this fight will be as much of a mismatch as this….


SBW vs Mcgregor would be a closer fight though even then I doubt Mcgregor would win in that fight let alone standing a chance vs Floyd.

A novice fighter from another sport coming into boxing and beating a mor experienced fighter

That can't happen apparently Whistle


Sonny Bill didn't fight one of the greatest boxers of all time did he, would I be right in thinking you're Irish?

He also had 0 combat experience, unlike McGregor. Mayweather may have been a top fighter but who says he will be still since he hasn't fought in two years?


Botha still gave SBW a lot of trouble and he's definitely not in good shape and 48. Has fought too many fights well past his prime. They needed to make it 10 rounds as to not embarrass SBW.

Mayweather is 40 and hasn't lost a fight.

The point is that even someone in prime fitness like SBW was struggling with an ageing veteran. He's got more boxing appearance than Mcgregor too.

The comparison with McGregor is that SBW also isn't a boxer.

It shows obviously that you can't just cross sports and expect to do well.


Also Bernard Hopkins has won fights at the age of 49 and even he's not as accomplished as Floyd.


I find it amusing that some people actually think Mcgregor stands a chance.

beshocked

Posts : 14849
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by erictheblueuk on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:51 am

For those of you who seriously believe Conor has a chance just compare the sparring sessions of both fighters:-

"This video of Conor McGregor getting schooled by pro boxer has MMA fans worried":-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeHDQG5lrNI


"FLOYD MAYWEATHER DESTROYS SPARRING PARTNERS 8/26/15":-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVieMMlqTMk
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Posts : 582
Join date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Let's be fair to Conor...After all John Saxon did well in that tournament in Enter the Dragon.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39296
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

HARD WORK!

Man, this is funny. The hype is unbelievable, and, judging by my mates, this will be bigger than Pac v May PPV wise. All for what is a mismatch of the highest order

But - its fun, so i care not

I care...Everytime I think Boxing reaches rock bottom it surprises me..

I think I'd like the mafia to start running the sport again like it did in Lamotta's day...

That would be a step up from this pitiful crap....If hype is all you're interested in then how about...

Paulie Malignaggi  vs Shannon Briggs in the fall....Maybe Derek Chisora v Ohara Davies next spring


Worth 17 pounds of money the hype from those..We can even write in to offer gags and one liners...Donate furniture for them to chuck... Maybe get Adam Smith to say "Mouthwatering Johnny".

Never been more ashamed to be a fan of the glorious sport..




When you are dealing with such high volumes of money anything is possible. Ethics, morality, standards, tradition etc. all tend to take a back seat.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum