The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joke fights here we come!!

+51
Sidestep
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Collapse2005
ShockmasterV2
Pedro147
paperbag_puncher
eirebilly
Derbymanc
catchweight
3fingers
Cyril
DuransHorse
Eyetoldyouso
EX7EY
wheelchair1991
erictheblueuk
compelling and rich
Seanusarrilius
beshocked
LionsV2
smashingstormcrow
GunsGermsV2
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
rodders
JabMachineMK2
Nico the gman
spencerclarke
TRUSSMAN66
Mochyn du
Mr Bounce
Rodney
CallMeBenji
Kingshu
hazharrison
huw
owen10ozzy
melv500
BoxingFan88
ONETWOFOREVER
marty2086
Hammersmith harrier
Atila
mobilemaster8
Scottrf
milkyboy
AdamT
Herman Jaeger
Dylan1979
TheSquaredCircle
55 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 9 Empty Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TheSquaredCircle Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:34 am

First topic message reminder :

So it's confirmed.....mayweather vs Conor McGregor.
The lay public and mostly MMA fans will be most enthused by this fight. I think it's the start of a WWE style entertainment farce. People will be going crazy on social media about the legitimacy of this fight and how it's the greatest thing to ever happen. The reality is that it is chalk and cheese fighting......might as well pair Andy Murray up with Freddy flintoff for the WBA belt. The spanner in the works could be mayweather along lay off and age. Is this a horrendous scam fight or should we be excited that boxing is reaching even more platforms?

TheSquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:14 pm

That's really sound logic.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:03 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Nice post. I think the ten ounce pillows the fighters will be wearing and the standing count doesnt really make things easy at all for McGregor as he loves to go in a blitz other fighters and look for KOs.

I just feel there is something pretty special about McGregor's belief. Im buying into it. To hear someone so sure of themselves that they are going to win against all odds and then often do it is pretty incredible. The guy was telling everyone that would listen that he would be a UFC champion before he was even in the UFC. His own father thought he was bonkers and told him to stick to plumbing.

Its not something you see in many people. Anyway whatever happens I hope it isnt 12 rounds of hugging.

Based on his comments about Mayweather's size and brittle hands, I personally think that his self belief is based purely on the assumption that Mayweather can hurt him, whereas his self belief prior to UFC fights comes a lot more from actual belief in his own ability.

I think that deep down he knows he can't win but equally he thinks that he probably won't get obliterated and will just labour to a points loss (given that he's used to receiving punches from bigger guys wearing smaller gloves). He's probably comfortable enough with that so as to still be his usual flamboyant self in selling the fight.

If you replaced Mayweather with Alvarez or GGG my guess is that McGregor would not have half as much to say.

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:04 pm

***can't hurt him***

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:48 pm

Fair enough, maybe he has fooled me but I am convinced that McGregor believes that he will win.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:52 pm

CallMeBenji wrote:

Based on his comments about Mayweather's size and brittle hands, I personally think that his self belief is based purely on the assumption that Mayweather can hurt him, whereas his self belief prior to UFC fights comes a lot more from actual belief in his own ability.

I think that deep down he knows he can't win but equally he thinks that he probably won't get obliterated and will just labour to a points loss (given that he's used to receiving punches from bigger guys wearing smaller gloves). He's probably comfortable enough with that so as to still be his usual flamboyant self in selling the fight.

If you replaced Mayweather with Alvarez or GGG my guess is that McGregor would not have half as much to say.

I have no doubt that Mayweather can and will hurt him at some point. While not having really heavy hands he seems to always keep his opponents honest and there comes a point where they seem reluctant to just throw the kitchen sink at him. I'm sure I've heard several of his opponents confirm this to some extent or another.

McGregor won't be used to being hit as quickly, accurately or as often and thats going to take it's toll especially over 12 rounds. Whether it's a TKO or his corner pulling him out I'll be surprised if he makes the final bell tbh.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:13 am

Hauser going in on Floyd again. Interesting anecdote about him ducking Margarito:

https://www.ringtv.com/505851-mayweather-mcgregor-part-sting/#.WYD0iT5dkVA.twitter

Last edited by hazharrison on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:27 am

Mayweather ducked Margarito?

Tell us something we don't know haz, lol

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:40 am

Margarito and Thurman

So that's two welterweights we know for sure Floyd ducked

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:15 pm

Paulie left the McG camp after they leaked pics of an alleged knockdown

http://www.mmaweekly.com/conor-mcgregor-sparring-partner-paulie-malignaggie-angry-feels-exploited

Question: Why is Joe Cortez reffing a sparring session? Seems excessive but then again maybe just trying to get McG accustomed to the different reffing approach in a boxing match?

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Im sure Paulie gets paid quite well for the sparring not sure why he takes it all so personally.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Probably because he knows that despite being over the hill he'd still beat McGregor with something to spare so has no interest in false representation.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:11 pm

LionsV2 wrote:Probably because he knows that despite being over the hill he'd still beat McGregor with something to spare so has no interest in false representation.

Looks more like his pride is hurt because he initially completely and publicly rubbished McGregor's ability before doing a u-turn months later after sparring with him.

Paulie comes across as a sulk. He is a retired boxer getting paid well for sparring in prep for a fight that is commanding a purse that he could have only dreamed of. I think jealousy is playing a part.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Paulie Malignaggi wrote:Eight rounds, good work. I can’t disclose too much but McGregor is no dummy... There’s a method to his madness. He has an idea of what he wants to do and how he wants to do it, he’s not clueless. He’s not your conventional boxer by any means but he’s capable and his power is good. Whether that can be effective is up to him, but he’s no dummy

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:19 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:Probably because he knows that despite being over the hill he'd still beat McGregor with something to spare so has no interest in false representation.

Looks more like his pride is hurt because he initially completely and publicly rubbished McGregor's ability before doing a u-turn months later after sparring with him.

Paulie comes across as a sulk. He is a retired boxer getting paid well for sparring in prep for a fight that is commanding a purse that he could have only dreamed of. I think jealousy is playing a part.
More like there is a code around sparring that the classeless McGregor has ignored. Nobody talks about sparring knockdowns, especially if he's trying to make a push look like one. You don't think McGregor would have an issue if Paulie posted the opposite photo?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:23 pm

Paulie has done plenty of interviews on the sparring sessions saying things like McGregors power is good but nothing special etc. etc. The dude cant keep his mouth shut either. He is getting more coverage on this sparring than he did for any of his fights in his career.

There was also a rumour that McGregor was KO'd in sparring previously so obviously people do talk about sparring sessions.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:26 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Paulie has done plenty of interviews on the sparring sessions saying things like McGregors power is good but nothing special etc. etc. The dude cant keep his mouth shut either. He is getting more coverage on this sparring than he did for any of his fights in his career.

There was also a rumour that McGregor was KO'd in sparring previously so obviously people do talk about sparring sessions.

There's a difference between talking about sparring and trying to mislead about what happened in sparring. You show a massive lack of respect to Malignaggi suggesting him sparring McGregor is the most coverage he's got in his career, it's not.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Margarito and Thurman

One guy had bricks in his gloves and a cheating c**t, so justified by ducking him! If I remember correctly, he fought the Welter champ for the same money he was offered in fighting Margarito.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:25 pm

LionsV2 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:Paulie has done plenty of interviews on the sparring sessions saying things like McGregors power is good but nothing special etc. etc. The dude cant keep his mouth shut either. He is getting more coverage on this sparring than he did for any of his fights in his career.

There's a difference between talking about sparring and trying to mislead about what happened in sparring. You show a massive lack of respect to Malignaggi suggesting him sparring McGregor is the most coverage he's got in his career, it's not.

Its the most mainstream coverage he's ever had, you are just stuck on sh!tting on anything McGregor and automatically say McGregor is misleading people. The picture was posted by a photographer, McGregor didn't post or comment on it. You are also assuming Paulies version is the correct one.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:01 pm

I must have imagined his fights with Cotto, Hatton and Khan then but you're right this must be the most mainstream coverage he's ever had, not like he's a highly respected commentator either is it. I'm not assuming anything, Malignaggi has nothing to gain from lying.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Paulie has challenged McGregor to show balls and release the full footage. No doubt Paulie slapped him silly.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:02 pm

LionsV2 wrote:

Ah Lion lighten up. You could equally say you have showed a real lack of respect for McGregor too. Its a fight, we are fans these guys don't give a toss if we respect them or not.

Since when has boxing ever been an ethical sport anyway. Its awash with corruption and Poopie talk. Im sure MMA is too perhaps to a lesser extent as it is a few years behind in its evolution.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:02 pm

AdamT wrote:Paulie has challenged McGregor to show balls and release the full footage. No doubt Paulie slapped him silly.

You reckon Paulie gave himself a black eye too?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:03 pm

LionsV2 wrote:I must have imagined his fights with Cotto, Hatton and Khan then but you're right this must be the most mainstream coverage he's ever had, not like he's a highly respected commentator either is it. I'm not assuming anything, Malignaggi has nothing to gain from lying.

And how much mainstream coverage have any of his fights had? Or has his commentary got?

I like Paulie as a fighter and commentator but there's a thing called ego, if he was knocked down that stings so theres plenty of reason to lie

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:04 pm

AdamT wrote:Paulie has challenged McGregor to show balls and release the full footage. No doubt Paulie slapped him silly.

Maybe try again, he's said there are security cameras all around the UFCs PC and that it must have got the full session. Not McGregors to release and no guarantee it was recorded

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:14 pm

He perhaps did get a black eye. Doesn't mean he lost the session. I doubt Paulie is lying. If he can get the better of McGregor, then Floyd will batter him!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:16 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:I must have imagined his fights with Cotto, Hatton and Khan then but you're right this must be the most mainstream coverage he's ever had, not like he's a highly respected commentator either is it. I'm not assuming anything, Malignaggi has nothing to gain from lying.

And how much mainstream coverage have any of his fights had? Or has his commentary got?

I like Paulie as a fighter and commentator but there's a thing called ego, if he was knocked down that stings so theres plenty of reason to lie

His big fights got a lot of mainstream attention as has his commentary, where have you been hiding?

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:17 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Margarito and Thurman

you're consistent with your myopic wumming hermy i'll give you that. Third party posts opinion/story that supports one of hermy's pet theories about a fighter he loves/hates and it becomes a proven fact.  Very Happy

IF it is true, it would only prove that haymon was nurturing his cash cow, not that mayweather was ducking.

Hauser loves a dig at mayweather. Now... the IV drip story for a fighter who doesn't need to rehydrate - that's a serioius question mark. But this constant Floyd the ducker stuff is bolox. He's a control freak, business centred, everything on his terms... the manny fight should have happened way earlier, sure there's things to pick on, but for every fighter there are guys he 'should have fought'. How many of the murder's row did robinson fight? People claim leonard ducked pryor, hearns rematch, hagler rematch etc.

Notwithstanding the fact that Mayweather doesn't cut weight for fights, is not a natural welter by todays standards and has given significant weight away on fight night in the vast majority of his fights at welter and above. If he was a fighter you liked Hermy you'd be creaming yourself over his david v goliath performances!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:21 pm

"Everything on his terms" is the same as dodging fighters.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:26 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:"Everything on his terms" is the same as dodging fighters.

Not really; Ray Leonard had everything on his terms all the time but still fought Hagler, Hearns, Duran and Benitez, if the other guy plays ball then the fights happen.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:27 pm

LionsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

His big fights got a lot of mainstream attention as has his commentary, where have you been hiding?

Really? Where?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:35 pm

marty2086 wrote:Really? Where?
You're just showing you don't follow boxing.

Mainstream media, Sky Sports, Showtime main events, HBO.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:36 pm

LionsV2 wrote:

Not really; Ray Leonard had everything on his terms all the time but still fought Hagler, Hearns, Duran and Benitez, if the other guy plays ball then the fights happen.

I suppose in fairness I would refuse to fight anyone unless I get to use Ripley's power loading machine from Aliens.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:37 pm

Scottrf wrote:

I thought he was the situation guy from Jersey Shore.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:37 pm

strange comment - makes the a-side of every deal a dodger

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:40 pm

Scottrf wrote:

Laugh

Saying mainstream media really proves me wrong

Sky Sports, Showtime are not mainstream it's sports media, hence why I said mainstream attention Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:41 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Laugh

Sky Sports, Showtime are not mainstream it's sports media, hence why I said mainstream attention Rolling Eyes
Jesus you're a plank.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/39186103
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/23000005
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7741877.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7692142.stm

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Scottrf wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Laugh

Jesus you're a plank.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/39186103
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/23000005
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7741877.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7692142.stm

mainstream means outside of boxing!!!!

All those are boxing pages

If you are going to call me a plank at least try not to be a complete dipshit and miss the point

The McGregor fight is transcending boxing, Paulie is now getting attention because of it OUTSIDE of boxing

Get it now?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:50 pm

marty2086 wrote:The McGregor fight is transcending boxing, Paulie is now getting attention because of it OUTSIDE of boxing

Get it now?
It's getting boxing coverage the same way Paulie has. I've not seen anyone interview McGregor about what museums he likes to visit.

Giving up now because you're insufferable.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Scottrf wrote:
marty2086 wrote:The McGregor fight is transcending boxing, Paulie is now getting attention because of it OUTSIDE of boxing

Get it now?
It's getting boxing coverage the same way Paulie has. I've not seen anyone interview McGregor about what museums he likes to visit.

No you are just completely dense

The fight is getting front page coverage on newspapers, things like the WSJ are doing pieces on it due to the money involved that's transcending boxing

If the big words are too complicated for you I can use smaller ones

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:55 pm

milkyboy wrote:

Yes it does. You either want to fight or you dont. This A side nonsense is Floyd propaganda.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:57 pm

I think it's you Marty that's the dense one, it's not transcending anything.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Scottrf wrote:

Get it now?

You are taking yourself too seriously Scott. You arent the only one though.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:58 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Yes it does. You either want to fight or you dont. This A side nonsense is Floyd propaganda.

How do you explain Leonard against Hagler then?

The A side had everything on his terms and wanted the fight.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:59 pm

LionsV2 wrote:I think it's you Marty that's the dense one, it's not transcending anything.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mayweather-and-mcgregors-mindless-summer-fight-1497535595

Whistle

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Sports section of WSJ: Transcending Boxing.
Sports section of BBC: Boxing Coverage.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704635204575242982832558458

Last edited by Scottrf on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:01 pm

LionsV2 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Im the A side in this conversation, Im not going to reply to you unless you refer to me as El Guapo before every sentence.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:01 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:I think it's you Marty that's the dense one, it's not transcending anything.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mayweather-and-mcgregors-mindless-summer-fight-1497535595

Whistle

And?

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:05 pm

I used to actually like McGregor, but his fans are unbearable.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Scottrf wrote:Sports section of WSJ: Transcending Boxing.
Sports section of BBC: Boxing Coverage.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704635204575242982832558458

In the section NY Sports

Not even sports, NY Sports?

A big crossover there into the mainstream there

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:12 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Im the A side in this conversation, Im not going to reply to you unless you refer to me as El Guapo before every sentence.

Sadly germs I think you've been demonstrating yourself as the b-side. Just be thankful there's no such thing as a c-side as you'd have that sewn up too Very Happy

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next