The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summerslam 2017 - spoilers

+4
Kay Fabe
MrPoncho
Beer
Good Golly I'm Olly
8 posters

Go down

Summerslam 2017 - spoilers Empty Summerslam 2017 - spoilers

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:04 am

Stayed up to watch last night...thought overall it was a good show

The pre show was great - cruiserweight and smackdown tag title match were awesome

First hour of the main show was utter turd - Cena didn't care, Naomi/Natalya was boring asf, and the Cass/Show match was awful. Oh and don't even start me on Rusev...

The raw women's match was good and should lead to a Bayley heel turn...I hope! Finn/Bray was actually quite entertaining I thought, which surprised me.

Raw tag title match and the US title match were both awesome. Love the Ambrose/Rollins storyline it's been done so well and the KO/AJ/Shane dynamic was played perfectly

Jinder/Naka...not a good match at all. No problem with the result, but the ending was so unoriginal with Singh interference yet again, just felt like it needed something a bit more.

Fatal four way - incredible. Amazing match, every dude came out looking like a beast, and there was points where you thought every guy was going to win. Definitely think Brock winning was the right move, we can now build to Brock/Braun which will be awesome. Great great stuff, can't remember the last time WWE built up and delivered on a main event like this
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Summerslam 2017 - spoilers Empty Re: Summerslam 2017 - spoilers

Post by Beer Mon 21 Aug 2017, 11:17 am

Still don't get these pointless title changes? Why have Neville lose only to retain a week later?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by MrPoncho Mon 21 Aug 2017, 11:21 am

I fell asleep at the Bray v Balor match, up until then I didn't think it was all that great though

Made up that Naomi lost, her gimmick just made me cringe. All that feel the glow nonsense was just utter garbage. Is Charlotte injured? She seems to have disappeared from the title picture

The raw womens match was the highlight of what I seen for sure

I didn't get the 6 man tag match being on the pre show, and tbh I didn't actually understand it being a 6 man tag. You make this huge deal about Jason Jordan being Angles son and put him in a programme against one of your most consistent workers the past 18 months and then the first PPV following the reveal theyre in a throwaway 6 man tag on a preshow.....surely they could have had Hardys v Miztourage pre show and Jordan v miz on the main card, they didn't even have Jordan win and justify a potential title shot.....I highly doubt Rusev/orton, Cena/corbin or Naomi/Natalya would have been missed. Heck even Big Cass v Big Show had no place on the main card but unfortunately they've built it to that

I'm gonna go home tonight and watch the rest, probably skip the SD main event because Mahal is the worst booked champion in recent history to a point I actually see the US title as the flagship title on that show

MrPoncho

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 21 Aug 2017, 11:26 am

Charlotte wasn't booked all that well initially, Gaz, but I think her absence is probably to do with Ric being in a bad way. I imagine Charlotte v Natalya will be further down the line.

I read that they are already souring on the Jason Jordan thing as he was originally going to face The Miz for the IC Title and they nixed it. Rumours if it fails as a face gimmick, they will turn him heel and it will be all a lie about him being Angle's son.

Rusev/Orton makes literally no sense. Corbin has obviously lost all his push.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by MrPoncho Mon 21 Aug 2017, 11:34 am

Beer wrote:Charlotte wasn't booked all that well initially, Gaz, but I think her absence is probably to do with Ric being in a bad way. I imagine Charlotte v Natalya will be further down the line.

I read that they are already souring on the Jason Jordan thing as he was originally going to face The Miz for the IC Title and they nixed it. Rumours if it fails as a face gimmick, they will turn him heel and it will be all a lie about him being Angle's son.

Rusev/Orton makes literally no sense. Corbin has obviously lost all his push.

Of course. I'd completely forgotten about that

MrPoncho

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 21 Aug 2017, 1:53 pm

That Fatal Four Way was unbelievable, absolutely brilliant and played up to every guys strengths and weaknesses, surprised Reigns took the fall.

Also, the Tag Titles Match was brilliant too, the go home sequence was really top drawer

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 21 Aug 2017, 3:54 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:That Fatal Four Way was unbelievable, absolutely brilliant and played up to every guys strengths and weaknesses, surprised Reigns took the fall.

Also, the Tag Titles Match was brilliant too, the go home sequence was really top drawer

Both tag title matches were excellent, I'd argue New Day vs Usos was the better of the two. Go out of your way to see it if you havent.

You could take the first hour off this show and it would have been alot better.

Cesaro has gone up in my book for finally standing up to the beachball Kumquat in the crowd. Good on him.

RIP Corbin and Rusev.

Fatal 4 Way was excellent.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:38 pm

Don't know why but I can't take Balors demon entrance seriously
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:40 pm

The striper tassles on his headband is what does it. Also he crawls for like 20ft then does usual entrance.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:51 pm

I don't get the whole Demon King thing, if he wrestled as a heel or in a reckless manner I'd understand it but he's just Finn in paint, I don't see what it brings

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 23 Aug 2017, 12:38 am

3 matches were excellent. Rest of the show was meh

Those 3 being the raw tag titles match, us title match and of course the fatal 4 way.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:31 pm

I wasn't a fan of the set, Im not usually too fussed about the set but it looked like a glorified RAW supershow, I get that they use thay type of set for the B PPVs but feel they should really make a point of differentiating the big 4 PPVs, Mania obviously speaks for itself but SummerSlam looked like any other weekly show.

I feel longer isles for major PPVs should always be a priority

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:54 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:I wasn't a fan of the set, Im not usually too fussed about the set but it looked like a glorified RAW supershow, I get that they use thay type of set for the B PPVs but feel they should really make a point of differentiating the big 4 PPVs, Mania obviously speaks for itself but SummerSlam looked like any other weekly show.

I feel longer isles for major PPVs should always be a priority

Just another cost cutting exercise at this point. Thats why they've almost entirely cut pyro aswell.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down