The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

+6
Galted
Beer
Dolphin Ziggler
1GrumpyGolfer
Hero
Pal Joey
10 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid. - Page 9 Empty It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:19 am

First topic message reminder :

The Loaded Dog wrote:Fooled Again! Don't Do Me Like That.

Thread split! I feel a whole lot better!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid. - Page 9 Empty Re: It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

Post by Pal Joey Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:52 pm

I've been through Guildford on the way to Havant. Haven't been to the New Forest though.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid. - Page 9 Empty Re: It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:55 pm

Galted wrote:I'd love to meet Guildford in real life, he strikes me as being exceptionally well brought up. Julius probably knows him.

Olly met him at a Surrey game, he reports that Guildford is the nicest person alive.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Galted wrote:I'd love to meet Guildford in real life, he strikes me as being exceptionally well brought up. Julius probably knows him.

Olly met him at a Surrey game, he reports that Guildford is the nicest person alive.

I think Guildford is now his Surrey mentor ever since Olly defected from Essex.

On a side note - I have trouble accepting emack's obsession with the All Blacks.
Says he's followed them since 1953... but he lives in Bournemouth? Something a bit wrong there the way he is constantly defending himself.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:18 pm

God I hope a civil war doesn't break out in Spain.

Can you imagine all the contemporary artists, musicians, movie stars and poets flocking in there to support the Catalan cause?

People like Christo, Bono, Madonna, Geldof, Crowe, Jackman and Jules would almost certainly use their fame and influence to have their say on it... and unwittingly (or not?) dividing the rest of us who wish to remain neutral. I'd hate to bear witness to a repeat of 1938-39.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:23 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

On a side note - I have trouble accepting emack's obsession with the All Blacks.
Says he's followed them since 1953... but he lives in Bournemouth? Something a bit wrong there the way he is constantly defending himself.

He makes me laugh, especially how every thread turns into a description of how SA taught NZ the 3-4-1 formation in 1937, but done in such an illiterate manner that you wouldn't know what he was on about unless you already knew the history.
Remember when he started churning out articles of sheer gibberish, claimed that 606v2 had commissioned them, and then complained that no-one read them?
I generally get annoyed with repeated WUMs but it's funny when it's at his expense.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Galted wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

He makes me laugh, especially how every thread turns into a description of how SA taught NZ the 3-4-1 formation in 1937, but done in such an illiterate manner that you wouldn't know what he was on about unless you already knew the history.
Remember when he started churning out articles of sheer gibberish, claimed that 606v2 had commissioned them, and then complained that no-one read them?
I generally get annoyed with repeated WUMs but it's funny when it's at his expense.

I used to edit and clean up his posts with kiakahaatearoa just so they were less painful on the eye. Some of them were very long posts.
The poor old bloke is dyslexic and went through a stage a few years ago when his computer was "playing up".

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:36 pm

He claims to have 'PC dyslexia', whatever that is. I'm sure it's just fat fingers and laziness.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:41 pm

He's funny on Would I Lie to You?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:57 pm

Whatever happened to Kia?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:28 am

He was last around in August... still in Madrid I think.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:00 am

Gutentag Notches

Aussie Alan turns out to be pretty good once he started getting the hang of things, although he had shades of Smartly Dressed Barry earlier in the week. His car broke down this morning so he isn't in for the morning shift yet so will have to see how the receptionist takes to him. Am doing the winding down thing where I look everywhere for my things and realise I've only got a third of a carrier bag's worth of stuff here. Aussie Alan seems to have a massive chip on each shoulder but I don't know if that's because TLD is an outlier and this is what normal Aussies are like, or he's just an angry man. That said, he's a likable chap and willing to work so get along pretty well with him as long as I don't get told continuously, how police, doctors, nurses and soldiers and Mother Teresa are c*nts.

How is one and all?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:22 am

Very good, and yourself?
I wonder if Aussie Alan and the Wrathful Kiwi are distantly related.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:15 am

Not bad, and you might have something there Galted although theres no reddening of face or swearing under breath. Funny thing is though - he looks exactly like Zangief without roids.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:41 am

Haha, the Wrathful Kiwi looks like Kreacher without the charm.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:48 am

Morning all.

I've no explanation as to why he would be angry, Shah. Maybe he's just frustrated about wasting his time in some dead end job?

I always had a happy disposition working in London... but then again that was a different time but I had a positive outward-looking approach working with some really nice people. Happy times.

The Swiss-based Spaniards left this morning; time to have a small break before next week, next guests from Palo Alto.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:39 pm

There's still time for rick to post his quiz.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:53 am

Seeing you liked mine so much. Thanks Jules.

It's 10 to 1 in the afternoon here.
I've just planted a weird gift from my neighbour. An Agave attenuata 'Nova'... big succulent plant native to Mexico.
It should thrive in the dry heat here. Just soaked it in water to get it up and running. Pool looking good.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:38 am

Morning all, what have I missed?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:50 am

rick_dagless wrote:Morning all, what have I missed?

You missed you posting a quiz.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:03 am

Excellent, I look forward to catching up on that. I see TLD did one instead, I have to write one for Thursday also, so that will be another one to post.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:41 am

Morning all, I michaelsed it good and proper yesterday...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:55 am

rick_dagless wrote:Morning all, I michaelsed it good and proper yesterday...

Excellent work rick. Let's see if we can get past 8:03 today. Then onwards to thread split on Christmas Day.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:56 am

Morning Rick.

It's not your fault though because apart from you, Julius, Galted and myself it seems nobody is really serious about getting to page 20.
Maybe if Shah gets a moment away from AA then he can help us push things along to our ultimate goal.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:58 am

Thanks for the support in this difficult time, chaps.

Are we both well this fine day?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:02 am

As well as I could be... until I got caught out editing my previous post just then.

This is another palindrome post by the looks of things.

How are you Rick? All under control so far today?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:07 am

Close to a palindrome myself by the look of things, no doubt I will forget and it will pass through as though nothing had happened.

All good here mate, a pleasant autumnal morn, and faeces (so far) is nowhere near the spinning blades, which is nice.

You have guests over at the moment?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:25 am

Some are arriving shortly... 4 people 4 nights.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:31 am

Just checking to see whether I'm close to a palindrome...

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:31 am

Not really.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:32 am

Would have been nice to do the post as a palindrome but that's way beyond my capabilities.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:33 am

Here's a difficult sum instead:
346+1596=1942

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:37 am

In 83 posts you'll be 9999... then the 84th post 10,000

In 97 posts I'll be 47474

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:45 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:In 97 posts I'll be 47474

It's quality, not quantity, that counts.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:06 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:In 83 posts you'll be 9999... then the 84th post 10,000

Good call, actually, that will be 2 palindromes in 3 posts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:44 am

Galted wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:In 83 posts you'll be 9999... then the 84th post 10,000

Good call, actually, that will be 2 palindromes in 3 posts.

Not last cadet lag, Galted acts Alton

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:51 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I agree. Quality not quantity. First on both counts and points made.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:55 am

The Friday quiz seems a long way off at this juncture.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:55 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I agree. Quality not quantity. First on both counts and points made.

Spay Dog, God yaps.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:02 am

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:13 am

Galted wrote:7644467

Wow

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:15 am

!7wow7!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:34 am

Wo! Canis Domum's Mum OD's in a cow!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:40 am

It's a place not a person - Canis Domum

Did you sort things out with Ent?
I fear he's dodging the question and engaging in an ad hominem attack against you, Jules.
You need to bury his argument once and for all.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:41 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:It's a place not a person - Canis Domum.

F*ck off ffo kcuf

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:46 am

Non civic C*unt tn*c civic, non?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:51 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Non civic C*unt tn*c civic, non?

KO 'u', OK?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:57 am

u saw that ah twas u

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:27 pm

Draw a CC award.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Jack Whitehall sucks piles elipskc usllaheti hwkcaj

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:31 pm

A man, a plan, a canal, Panama

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next