The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press Conference Week 3

+6
BamBam
Afro
Hero
Trebs
TwisT
Marky
10 posters

Go down

Press Conference Week 3 Empty Press Conference Week 3

Post by Marky Fri 27 Oct 2017, 4:45 pm

1) What do you make of your start to the season so far?

2) What do you make of this week's opponent's start to the season?

3) Who has made the best signing in the past 7 days?

4) How do you see the U17 World Cup Final between England and Spain going this weekend? And if you watch it will you watch it as a fan or as a scout?

5) Spurs v Man U is the 2nd biggest game this weekend, how do you see it going?

6) Lincoln v Crawley is obviously the #1 game, do you see Harry Kewell's Red and White Army carrying on the momentum from last week's draw with league leaders Luton, or will the Imps bring them back to reality?

7) Who is the best ever player you saw live?

8) Who is the best footballer of all time in your opinion?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Press Conference Week 3 Empty Re: Press Conference Week 3

Post by TwisT Fri 27 Oct 2017, 6:19 pm

Best start for me and I think I have done ok with my buys. Certainly don't think I have messed up straight away like previously tries at this.

Trebs done really well and last week's tactics were very good. Tough game.

I'm biased but really pleased with getting Arnaiz.

4) How do you see the U17 World Cup Final between England and Spain going this weekend? And if you watch it will you watch it as a fan or as a scout?

As a fan. I think the obvious ones have been snapped up

Tough now Kane not playing. Think Man U will sneak it

6) Lincoln v Crawley is obviously the #1 game, do you see Harry Kewell's Red and White Army carrying on the momentum from last week's draw with league leaders Luton, or will the Imps bring them back to reality?

Errrrrr....

Jimmy Bullard

Bobby Moore

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 27 Oct 2017, 6:36 pm

Fairly good, narrow but expected defeat to Hero, good win to bounce back against Olly, looking to finish as high up the table as possible.

Tino has had a rough start, but he's always good in these leagues and I expect him to pick up wins soon. Hopefully not too soon obviously...

I think Bam getting Richarlison was a great move, he's on fire at the moment. Personally, my signing of Pione Sisto today I'm pleased with, he's started La Liga superbly.

I'll probably watch it as a fan but I may have a nose to see who performs on the Spanish side as there could be a couple of unearthed gems.

Spurs without Kane aren't quite the same but I think it's gonna be the same Utd that bored Liverpool to a 0-0, Spurs without Kane are a bit toothless so going with another 0-0.

Of course Crawley are going to win. What a stupid question.

I've seen very good players play averagely live, so I can't count them. I did witness a 15 year old Cesc Fabregas run the show in an FA Youth Cup tie between Crawley and Arsenal, everyone else was 17/18 and he dominated. I also saw Wojejch Szczesny as a teenager, he looked the part even then.

George Best

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 27 Oct 2017, 6:48 pm

1. I'm not wanting to comment on the games themselves as I don't want to get into arguments about voters getting it wrong. But so far, I've been very pleased with the performances. We will have to see.

2. Twist's built a decent side but I can't afford to have two losses this early in the season. I'll happily give more opinions once the result has been decided, if wanted.

3. I was going to sign Richarlison and Grimaldo when it came to buying players in those positions. So I'm not a happy bunny they have both been signed this week.

4. It'll be nice to see the England youth team to win but I won't be watching on this occasion unfortunately.

5. Kane being out is a big miss, and with us having a good record against Tottenham, it could be the luck that sees us get a crucial victory.

6. Hard not to back Luton on this occasion. Sorry Marky.

7. Neymar, Tom Cleverley and Cristiano Ronaldo are the best players I've ever seen. But in terms of a best performance in a particular game has to be Richard Dunne for QPR against Derby in the playoff final. It still pains me to this day and I even met the bloke who apologized to us.

8. Very difficult to judge players like Charlton, Pele and Maradona as I haven't seen them play. The best two for me are Henry and Ronaldo.

Last edited by Trebs on Sat 28 Oct 2017, 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 27 Oct 2017, 7:27 pm

1. Better than I expected, in other leagues I'd have expected 2 draws but glad to have the greener side of the fence both times.
2. Bam has to play catch up now but he's shown in previous leagues he can win titles.
3. I've just made it. Carles Alena.
4. As a scout, though I do wish all the success England currently are having at younger levels starts to impact upon the full team soon.
5. Spurs aren't just Team Kane. There's been periods before when he's been injured and Son etc have stepped up.
6. Lincoln beat Macc last season so I'm rooting for Crawley.
7. Cantona. I've seen Ronaldo and other amazing players in the flesh but none ever have had such a presence on the pitch as Le God.
8. Maradona for me. Pele was part of a quality Brazil side, Maradona though dragged a middle of the road Argentina side to glory.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 27 Oct 2017, 9:24 pm

1) What do you make of your start to the season so far? Tactically I’ve been poor so far, but come away with two wins, so I can’t complain.

2) What do you make of this week's opponent's start to the season? Well he was too after week 1 - I don’t know if he mentioned that, but came back to earth with a crash in week 2. So 50/50.

In terms of youth, agree with Hero that Carles alena is a good signing. Whether he is up to the standard in the first teams, I’m not sure, but he will be an absolute superstar.

First teamers, Grimaldo is a steal. Great signing.

Both teams look good and I see goals. Be watching as a fan.

Spurs are playing superbly so see a spurs win despite Kane being out. Can see Jose parking the bus which I hate. Didn’t bother me when he did it at Chelsea, but it doesn’t feel like the United way of doing things imo.

Yes, one of those two

Cantona - played the game at a different pace to everyone else.

Paulo Maldini - what a defender!!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:32 am

At a bit of a slow start, but was more competitive than I expected vs Afro and hope to put up a good showing this week

Hero has two of the best 3 players in the league for me, and I'd expect him to be in the top 2 or 3 as usual

Big fan of Mousa Dembele so I'd say him

Watched the 2nd half as a fan, but some real talents who've already been bought on here

Would have said a Utd win due to no Kane, and that's how it turned out

Obviously the Imps ..

Cristiano Ronaldo

Lionel Messi - never saw any of the other names play really and he pips Ronaldo for me

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:10 pm

Marky wrote:1) What do you make of your start to the season so far?

1. Solid stuff - happy with some of my dealings just starting the way
2. Afro is gay
3. Me - Kolasinac
4. Don’t care about watching spotty teenagers who’ll end up playing for Rotherham in 4 years
5. 1-0 Utd
6. BIG UP HARRY KEWELL
7. Luis Suarez - best player to ever play in the PL imo
8. Wes Hoolahan
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:15 pm

Marky wrote:1) What do you make of your start to the season so far? Poopie im 0 from 3

2) What do you make of this week's opponent's start to the season? Miky is better then me

3) Who has made the best signing in the past 7 days? Olly with Sead

4) How do you see the U17 World Cup Final between England and Spain going this weekend? And if you watch it will you watch it as a fan or as a scout? I predict a 5-2 victory

5) Spurs v Man U is the 2nd biggest game this weekend, how do you see it going? Poopie 1-0 Spuds

6) Lincoln v Crawley is obviously the #1 game, do you see Harry Kewell's Red and White Army carrying on the momentum from last week's draw with league leaders Luton, or will the Imps bring them back to reality? gunna get bummed

7) Who is the best ever player you saw live? Darren Purse - I don't go to football so chesham united it is Laugh

8) Who is the best footballer of all time in your opinion? Xavi

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Brooksey79 Tue 31 Oct 2017, 9:19 am

disgraceful start, not even a point on the board

I think Marky's done ok, certainly better than me

I don't like to comment on other teams players, so Barzagli - a lot of value there for sub £1m

Not hugely fussed in general, but nice to see Wolves youngster Morgan Gibbs-White playing well and getting a goal

United will probably nick a one goal win

gotta be Lincoln, Crawley can't seem to string deece games together.

There's a few thanks to being in Italy in the 90's erm I can't give the same answer twice so I'll go with Roberto Baggio

It can only really be Diego, the things he achieved for Argentina and Napoli are phenomenal

Brooksey79

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 31 Oct 2017, 3:13 pm

1). Decent, a couple of results i probably could have won on another day but others i perhaps expected to lose.
2). Nando is always strong at these games, was a good game for me in the end but it did seem like he had to rush tactics for whatever reason.
3). I actually like the fact that Trebs has signed Lucas Vasquez
4). Was a good match, happy for the U17's
5). Can't really comment as it is after the event but i thought Utd might sneak it.
6). I would have said Crawley for my homo Marky.
7). Hazard
8). Messi, all day long Messi, i have never seen a better player. I am only 25 so haven't seen some players others have but i still dont think that would change my mind, even looking back on some of the players over the years.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down