The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

+23
geoff999rugby
ScarletSpiderman
marty2086
mikey_dragon
maestegmafia
Cardiff Dave
BamBam
RiscaGame
Luckless Pedestrian
LordDowlais
LondonTiger
21st Century Schizoid Man
SecretFly
TightHEAD
XR
Welly
Exiledinborders
munkian
George Carlin
formerly known as Sam
TJ
Pot Hale
Scottrf
27 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams - Page 5 Empty WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by LordDowlais Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:40 am

First topic message reminder :

I was reading this story in the Mail on Sunday yesterday, and I thought it would cause a good debate on here, it seems that the WRU want to bring Welsh players back to Wales, and they want to start by bankrolling a deal to bring George North back at the end of the season.

Is this a start where we see more and more players being put into Dragons ?

It was also said that the WRU want to bankroll keeping the more experienced players in Wales as well, with AWJ being mentioned as a lynch pin and an ideal example of how this is done going forward. I for one hope that none of this is pie in the sky, I hope they really do target Welsh players playing abroad and get them back at the regions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-5027991/WRU-chiefs-set-bankroll-George-North-s-return-Wales.html

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wru-ready-bankroll-bid-bring-13826967

Also, for those of you who do not like going onto sites:-

• WRU chiefs are ready to bankroll deal to bring George North back to Wales at the end of the season

• George North is out of contract with Northampton and is yet to sign a new deal

• North one of top earners at top level but top brass say they can now afford him

• Chairman Gareth Davies believes the regions can now bankroll North's services

• Davies also pushing proposals to reduce the size of the WRU board from 20 to 10

The Lions winger is out of contract with Northampton, who he joined from the Scarlets in 2013, and is yet to sign a new deal.
North is one of the top earners in the Premiership but chairman Gareth Davies believes the regions can now afford his services.
The new 60-cap selection policy makes it easier for the WRU to retain young players – leaving more National Dual Contract funds for Test stars.

‘George North will always be a target,’ Davies told the Mail on Sunday. ‘Now we’re in a better position to get him back. We want little Jonny to be able to go and see his favourite player in Wales.
‘We’ve succeeded in bringing Jonathan Davies and Leigh Halfpenny back. Is it good for the wider game if all the best players are playing in England? I don’t think so but it’s their right to do so.
‘In the past, we’ve used NDC money to keep youngsters who were tempted to move abroad and try to play for Wales. Now we can use it to bring them back or retain more experienced guys.

‘Someone like Alun-Wyn Jones has got to be a prime target to keep in Wales. He is important for the game, his region and the national team. He’ll be a lynchpin in getting the Ospreys back on track.’
Davies is currently pushing proposals to reduce the size of the WRU board from 20 to 10 – with a separate council for the community game – to replace a system which is ‘140 years old’.
‘Look at what’s happening with the FA; Sports bodies are expected to behave in a certain way,’ he said. ‘We’re a £75million business and we should have a modern-day, streamlined structure.
‘You go to district meetings and they’ve been talking about the same things for 20 years. At some meetings now the community game is hardly discussed. It’s like we’ve got 14 forwards and one back.’

Last edited by LordDowlais on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:31 pm; edited 19 times in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams - Page 5 Empty Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by BamBam Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:19 am

LordDowlais wrote:This place is a joke.

There are members on this forum who are just destroying it for everyone.

I have tried and tried to be patient on here, but the same old members are still stinking up the place.

Mikey
BamBam
Risca
stone motif

None of you lot will be happy until this place is finished, then you will all just move to other forums to spoil them as well.

I am still in contact with a few former members of this forum, and they all ask me why I still bother. Well they have a point.

Well done lads. Well done. Rolling Eyes

Looks remarkably like a list of people who call you out on your blustering bollox, must be a coincidence that those are the ones "stinking up the place"

BamBam

Back to top Go down

WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams - Page 5 Empty Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by RiscaGame Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:07 pm

Wales Online on fire today, with their “The star studded team Dragons would love to put together”.

Also, apparently Dragons have conceded that they will have to wait to make their pitch to North, but surely that’s not news as Scarlets will always have first refusal?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:19 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:So you can't admit you're lying scum, because I never said anything about Dragons not requiring good players all season? I would probably feel sorry for you if I cared, this guy has never step foot out of Cross Keys, bless.

I'll admit I box out of St Joe's, and you can find me down there any time mush.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:20 pm

BamBam wrote:

I have tried and tried to be patient on here, but the same old members are still stinking up the place.

Mikey
BamBam
Risca
stone motif

None of you lot will be happy until this place is finished, then you will all just move to other forums to spoil them as well.

I am still in contact with a few former members of this forum, and they all ask me why I still bother. Well they have a point.

Looks remarkably like a list of people who call you out on your blustering bollox, must be a coincidence that those are the ones "stinking up the place"

What the hell did I do to Andy now?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:32 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Wales Online on fire today, with their “The star studded team Dragons would love to put together”.

Also, apparently Dragons have conceded that they will have to wait to make their pitch to North, but surely that’s not news as Scarlets will always have first refusal?

Yep keep those headlines rolling.

Also Pivac has pretty much done the same as with 1/2p. We are not overly fussed, we will have him if he wants to be here and come for the right amount. Otherwise nah.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:02 pm

Fair enough.

I still feel he will end up at Ospreys. I’m not sure we really need him, if we kept Amos and Hewitt fit and to be honest Rosser is developing nicely for us. North can be a quality player, but wouldn’t represent real value for money for us.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:42 am

BamBam wrote:

Mikey
BamBam
Risca
stone motif

So much BS about, a bit more stink don't matter anyway.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:13 am

Is the Nakarawa thing real? Any sources for this?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:33 am

No, it doesn’t seem real. He has signed a contract extension and I don’t see us buying him out of that.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:28 am

I wonder who we'll be linked with today?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:29 am

Dowlais is refreshing the Wail homepage as we speak

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:48 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I wonder who we'll be linked with today?

Looking at you team (or the team they calim you are getting), I would say it must be a loosehead (as Brok Harris stands out as a sore thumb in that dream team). Is Mako Vunipola coming out of contract?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:55 am

Why would Vunipola move from Sarries let alone England?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 am

He doesn't even need to be coming out of contract for the Fail to link him with us!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:25 pm

George Carlin wrote:Is the Nakarawa thing real? Any sources for this?

WRU?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Scottrf wrote:Why would Vunipola move from Sarries let alone England?

The fail would run with links to his old school chums, and how him and Billy sponsor a local side etc. I mean come on the Eastern Fail don't need much to run a story.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Because hes Welsh
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:38 pm

munkian wrote:

Because hes Welsh

Good one...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:10 pm

RiscaGame wrote:No, it doesn’t seem real. He has signed a contract extension and I don’t see us buying him out of that.
With respect, agreed. All of the criminals in Glasgow doubled-down on car tyre theft and tripled their meth sales for a year to try to afford him.

Still didn't make it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:38 am

George Carlin wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:No, it doesn’t seem real. He has signed a contract extension and I don’t see us buying him out of that.
With respect, agreed. All of the criminals in Glasgow doubled-down on car tyre theft and tripled their meth sales for a year to try to afford him.

Still didn't make it.

laughing

I hear you!

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 am

So we still in talks with Leone Nakarawa?

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:29 am

Stone Motif wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:So you can't admit you're lying scum, because I never said anything about Dragons not requiring good players all season? I would probably feel sorry for you if I cared, this guy has never step foot out of Cross Keys, bless.

Does Monte Fisto still post in the argus too? I would pop in to say hello but I'm thousands of miles away.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:33 am

Not having a dig, but i'm reminded of some of the crazy questions asked on the Argos website. Looking to buy a vacuum cleaner see. Maybe a telly too.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Does Monte Fisto still post in the argus too? I would pop in to say hello but I'm thousands of miles away.

About as good at anagrams as you are at analysing rugby then. The distance would explain a lot. Commenting on games/players you don't watch makes you look silly, Miley
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Who's saying I don't still watch them Monte? You always had a knack for asking people to meet you down St Joe's, you're not even on their poster laughing

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:20 am

Hibbard joins the Gwent galacticos

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:43 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42403850

Richard Hibbard: Wales and Lions hooker to quit Gloucester for Dragons

Wales and British and Irish Lions hooker Richard Hibbard will leave Gloucester at the end of this season to play for Dragons on a three-year deal.

Hibbard, 34, will make the move with a Wales recall as his target, according to Dragons boss Bernard Jackman.

"It's a good thing he's coming back with international ambitions because that's going to make sure he keeps his form," Jackman told BBC Sport Wales.

Hibbard won the last of his 38 Wales caps in August, 2015 against Ireland.

He had been contracted to be with Gloucester until the end of 2018-19, but will move a season early.

In a statement announcing the move Hibbard said: "Finishing my career in Wales is important to me.

"This opportunity has probably come a little sooner than I expected."

Hibbard will join current team-mate Ross Moriarty, the Wales and Lions back-row at Rodney Parade for 2018-19.

Jackman added: "Richard has been very good for Gloucester - players' player of the year last year, fans player of the year the year before - and probably felt that he is still good enough to play for Wales.

"In actual fact I think he probably feels he is a better player now than when he was getting picked.

"But out of sight, out of mind and the move back will have him under the eye of the international selectors."

'I've enjoyed Gloucester so much'
Hibbard has made 91 Gloucester appearances since leaving Ospreys in 2014.

"To have the chance to finish on a high, back home in Wales in front of family and friends is an exciting one," he added.

"It's been an incredibly difficult decision. The reason it's been so tough is that I've become so attached to Gloucester during my time here.

"I've probably played some of my very best rugby in Cherry and White and I've enjoyed it so much."

The Gwent region have already signed Wales internationals Rhodri Williams and Ryan Bevington, plus Jordan Williams from Bristol for next season, along with Rhodri Davies from Rotherham.

Northampton wing George North will hold talks with Dragons coach Bernard Jackman in the new year, meaning Dragons could yet add a third new Lion alongside Hibbard and Moriarty.

"The Dragons have an extremely skilful squad and a few experienced players will add to that," added Hibbard, who played all three Tests as the Lions beat Australia 2-1 in 2013.

"Ross coming in is an exciting addition. He'll galvanise the back-row and hopefully I can bring some experience in as well.

"I spoke to Bernard, who shared his plans for the Dragons and the direction he wants to take the team and I really want to be part of that.

"I'm excited by the move back and what Bernard is building at the Dragons. Contributing to that will be my focus to get the team into a good place.

"Success may not be overnight, but hopefully in any small way that I can help I can speed that process up."

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:01 pm

He's not quite as mobile as he used to be and isn't going to last much past 50 minutes but he's still good in the set pieces and physical around the park. Good signing for the Dragons.

I presume the only reason Gloucester have agreed to release s because they want to use his cap to sign players to Ackermann's specification. He came in quite less so only managed to influence one or two signings in the last off season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:06 pm

"Hibbard, 34, will make the move with a Wales recall as his target, according to Dragons boss Bernard Jackman."
Goes without saying, mun. Meh.

Blydi knew something was afoot anyway.
Galvanometer's been twitching for days.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Who are Gwent Dragons? Have I gone back in time 14 years? At least the Nakarawa far fetched rumour has been taken down, I guess.

Very good signing for Dragons. Can’t imagine him being first choice ahead of Dee, but we do have a lot of young hookers in our squad that Hibbard can help bring along too. What a player to bring on for Dee though.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:20 am

So we're not getting Nakarawa then.... Sad

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:24 am

Never mind, Faletau will be announced any day now

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:19 am

RiscaGame wrote:Who are Gwent Dragons? Have I gone back in time 14 years? At least the Nakarawa far fetched rumour has been taken down, I guess.

Very good signing for Dragons. Can’t imagine him being first choice ahead of Dee, but we do have a lot of young hookers in our squad that Hibbard can help bring along too. What a player to bring on for Dee though.

This - best signing yet, and available all year round, Dee will be missing for last chunks of the season now, Wales first choice hooker elect once Owens runs out of gas.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:37 am

And the experience he'll bring to a young squad is invaluable. Fair play, Buttress and Jackman are doing the business!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:33 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:So we're not getting Nakarawa then.... Sad

Seen somewhere there's moves to buy Charetis out of his contract, so maybe Nakarawa doesn't want to have to compete for his shirt.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:45 pm

Next we’ll hear that Jackman is planning to take Heaslip off Leinster’s hands...
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:12 am

BamBam wrote:Never mind, Faletau will be announced any day now

I know.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:14 am

Stone Motif wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Who are Gwent Dragons? Have I gone back in time 14 years? At least the Nakarawa far fetched rumour has been taken down, I guess.

This - best signing yet, and available all year round, Dee will be missing for last chunks of the season now, Wales first choice hooker elect once Owens runs out of gas.

Seeing as he’s better than Baldwin and Dacey he could be back in that Wales squad soon...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Taken from WOL:-

The Dragons have bolstered their back division for next season by signing Bath outside-half Josh Lewis on a two-year deal.

The 25-year-old former stonemason made a shock move to the Aviva Premiership last summer after catching the eye with the Steelmen in the Principality Premiership.

Lewis was signed as back-up to Wales fly-half Rhys Priestland and England’s Freddie Burns.

When Burns was suspended, he made two league appearances off the bench and booted 13 points in a Champions Cup start against Benetton Treviso.

Lewis had two spells with the Steelmen, earning a development contract with the Scarlets after helping Ebbw win the WRU Championship in 2013 and then returning to the then Premiership champions in 2016.

Merthyr-born Lewis will have to battle it out with Gavin Henson for the No.10 jersey at Rodney Parade while the Dragons also have No.10 options in Angus O’Brien, Arwel Robson and Dorian Jones.

“I am delighted to be joining the Dragons. After meeting Bernard Jackman it was clear that the region has ambitious plans following the takeover and I’m excited to become part of the new era," said Lewis.

“I have learned so much from my time at Bath and can’t thank them enough, and I’m sure that this will benefit me hugely come the new season.”

Jackman added: “Josh Lewis has gained invaluable experience from his time at Scarlets and Bath and now at 25 years of age, he is coming into his prime as a fly-half.
“He was very influential in the success of Ebbw Vale over the last few seasons and I was impressed by how much he wanted to come back to our region and show the talent that he undoubtedly has.

“He has a really good balance to game and I believe he can help us be successful on the pitch next season and beyond."

Last edited by LordDowlais on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Also, it looks as though George North could be heading back to Scarlets.

Scarlets head coach Wayne Pivac says they have spoken to Wales wing George North about him joining them for 2018-19.

Pivac had previously said they were not in the market for a back-three signing.

North is leaving Northampton at the end of 2017-18 and has already pledged to return to Wales.

"I caught up with George last week and I had about 45 minutes with him," said Pivac.

Dragons have also spoken to North, but Cardiff Blues say they want to strengthen their pack while Ospreys have made no official comment on the player.

North left Scarlets for Northampton in 2013 and because he will return to Wales on a National Dual Contract, the Llanelli-based team have first refusal on his future.

"It was a good conversation," said Pivac.

"He's very keen to come back to Wales and get his game back on track, get over his injuries and look forward to playing rugby. That was a good discussion.

"We are his region of origin.

"He was always going to speak to us and up until that point there had been no contact from his agent.

"After I had talked to you guys (the press), it went out pretty much straight away and his agent rang me within 24 hours."

The New Zealander said he wasn't surprised big names were being linked with the team given their success over the last year and the brand of rugby being played and believes North would fit perfectly within their backline.

"It's a no brainer," said Pivac.

"You only have to look at what happened to Foxy (Jonathan Davies) when he came back (from Clermont).

"Anyone who plays the game at that level and the way we play the game, as an outside back, who wouldn't want to be here?"

The Scarlets will wait to give Wales full-back Leigh Halfpenny every chance of proving his fitness before the crucial Champions Cup fixture against Toulon on Saturday, 20 January.

Halfpenny missed the 35-17 win at Bath on Friday, 12 January due to a pectoral injury.

New Zealand wing Johnny McNicholl is a major doubt as he continues to struggle with a shoulder injury suffered in the Boxing Day win against the Ospreys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42686831

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:21 am

George North: Ospreys want to sign Wales winger for rest of season.

Ospreys are keen to hand George North an immediate return to Welsh rugby.

The 25-year-old did not feature in Northampton Saints' Premiership defeat to Sale, with boss Alan Gaffney suggesting he did not want to play.

North is due to return to Wales on a dual contract next season but head coach Warren Gatland said he would back his player if he wanted to leave early.

Ospreys want to add North to their injury-hit squad for the rest of the season and on a permanent basis.

North is part of Wales' Six Nations squad, but can play for Saints during the tournament's rest weekends. He was injured during Wales' defeat in Ireland, but is fit to play against Italy on Sunday.

If he is involved in Wales' final match against France on 17 March, he is likely to be available for only another five matches as a Saints player.

Speaking on BBC Radio Northampton earlier this week, Gaffney said he was "disappointed" North did not play against Sale.

"We picked a side that actually wanted to be out on the pitch and picked the best side for the game for Northampton," he said.

Gatland said: "The message I've said to George is if he wants to come home quicker than next season then we'll look after him".

North joined Saints from Scarlets in 2013, but will return to Wales after signing a national dual contract in November.

Out of the four Welsh regions, Scarlets were allowed to speak to him first being his region of origin, while Dragons have also expressed an interest.

Cardiff Blues pulled out of the race to sign North in January and while Ospreys made no comment, they are willing to offer him a refuge until the rest of the season.

North would be a welcome boost to the backs, with the retirement of wing Eli Walker, centre Ben John taking a 12 month break, and wing Keelan Giles recovering from a serious knee injury.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:18 am

Is Gatland Ospreys coach? Cool

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:33 am

'The Dragons are lining up a move for Wales fly-half/centre Owen Williams as Bernard Jackman continues his Rodney Parade recruitment drive.

'The region have been busy in the transfer market as they reshape their squad for next season but are still hunting a game controller.

'They believe that Gloucester's Williams fits the bill as a fly-half, although the 26-year-old still has a year to run on his contract at Kingsholm.

'The Dragons have already snapped up Ross Moriarty and Richard Hibbard from the Cherry and Whites but would need to buy Williams out of his deal.'

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/dragons/16074584.Dragons_eyeing_Wales_playmaker_Owen_Williams/

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:35 am

That would be an epic signing for Dragons.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 am

Owen Williams and Rhodri Williams as half backs wouldn't be too shabby.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:41 am

Sploosh
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:12 pm

Alun Wyn Jones: Wales captain to stay at Ospreys on dual deal.

Wales captain Alun Wyn Jones is to stay at Ospreys after agreeing a new National Dual Contract (NDC) with the region and the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU).

The 32-year-old three-time British and Irish Lions tourist has been on a NDC deal since March 2015.

Jones has spent his entire senior career with Ospreys and is set to play his 117th Test for Wales against France in the 2018 Six Nations on Saturday.

The WRU pays 60% of NDC wages with a player's region funding the rest.

Biggar back for Wales against France
Jones said: "To be continuing my journey with the Ospreys is probably something I wouldn't have predicted at the start of my career, but having the opportunity to sign a new NDC at this point helps with the quality and quantity of the rugby that I play and hopefully will prolong my playing opportunities."

WRU chief executive Martyn Phillips said: "Alun Wyn committing his future to the game here in Wales is another huge boost for Welsh Rugby."

Ospreys rugby general manager Dan Griffiths said: "We've worked hard to ensure we have him on board for the foreseeable future in the face of, understandably, considerable interest in his services."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43303230

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Great for Ospreys. He could easily command a better wage elsewhere, but I hope he sees his career out there.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Can someone remind me what the NWQ limit is for next season? I think we all need to make full use of it, although it seems Scarlets might already be over the limit...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:14 pm

So the Scarlets are officially out of the hunt for North, saying he’s taking too long to make a decision.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next