The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why we not talking about this?

+4
Nathaniel Jacobs
BoxingFan88
Mr Bounce
3fingers
8 posters

Go down

Why we not talking about this? Empty Why we not talking about this?

Post by 3fingers Sat 16 Dec 2017, 12:32 am

Huge fight tomorrow (Suanders vs Lemieux). I'm surprised it hasn't drawn more attention on here. Boxer vs Puncher, the best kind of match up!

Saunders has the skills to walk most fights, while Lemeuix has the power to end most fights. Its a a pick 'em.

For what it's worth, here's my analysis..

If this had happened a few year ago then I'd have picked Lemiuex (65/35): Bill's engine (brought about by an over reliance on skill) would have depleted at the half way point, and Lemieix would get the nod.

I feel Ingle has got inside bills head; made him realise that long lasting champions are built on grit and talent, rather than one or the other.

It seems Saunders has knuckled down after the change of team, and the advice he's received as a result. He hasn't ballooned since his last fight. In fact, he's only taken one week from training since Monroe jr. He's looking in great shape. If he gets through this while looking impressive, and maintains progress into 2018, then I'd make.him favourite against GGG or Canelo in late '18.

Billys got a good chin, great skills and a better engine than times gone by. If he stays focused then it's a clear points victory. A single lapse in concentration, leading to a knockdown or two, will make the score cards closer. And, with it being a Canadian show with powerful backers, i see Lemioux taking the W.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Why we not talking about this? Empty Re: Why we not talking about this?

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 16 Dec 2017, 2:52 pm

I think that this fight will go one of two ways. If Billy's knuckled down as much as the reports would have us believe, he's going to dance round Lemieux and make him look a bit stupid. However, he will have to be on his A game. One lapse of concentration and Lemieux has the potential to put his lights out and take the belt.

Puncher's chance for Lemieux but I have to go with Saunders by wide decision. Kudos to Saunders for taking this in Canada - he didn't have to - but I feel he'll be too clever and slippery. I know I've changed my tune since my initial prediction but it really is only a cat in hell's chance for Lemieux. Look good against him, and he could either tempt GGG to the table with all the titles or push him away. Could be an interesting outcome.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:31 pm

He blows so hot and cold its ridiculous

I really hope that being in Sheffield has sorted him out

I'm hoping he wins and impresses

But if he switches off its lights out for sure

Needs 100% concentration for however long it goes, he won't get any favours in Canda

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:06 pm

3fingers wrote:then I'd make.him favourite against GGG or Canelo in late '18.

What world you living in? Saunders gets pancaked by GGG, would be so easy for GGG. Saunders is supposedly a better boxer, despite GGG having gone 345-5 as an amateur. World amateur champion and Olympic silver medalist.

Canelo would also KO Saunders.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:59 am

Nathaniel, my quote was...

"If he gets through this while looking impressive and maintains progress into 2018 then I'd make him favourite against GGG or Canelo, in late '18".

Apparently he he looked impressive. if he makes progress with ingle then he'd be my favourite vs GGG in late 2018 (Live underdog at bookies).

GGG is limited, he relies on power too much. Saunders limitation is power, hence why he's honed his slill.

The fight probably won't happen though. Canelo could win the rematch. It'll be another tight one but Canelo can make adjustments whereas GGG can't, especially at his age.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Dec 2017, 8:31 am

Very clever, disciplined & executed his strategy to perfection. Lemieux was chasing shadows all night. BJS not at elite level, but can’t knock his boxing skills.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:19 am

Career high performance from Saunders IMO. GGG/Canelo are a very different level but wins like this will make those fights much easier to sell, ticked the box asking if he can execute a game plan for 12 rounds.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:29 am

Wow. Just watched it. Masterclass! Lemiuex was punching fresh air. Performances like that would make people believe he could beat GGG and Canelo.

Saunders would have a better chance against those two than he would against Jacobs.

Late 18 Golovkin will have slowed more, allowing Saunders to take the decision.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 17 Dec 2017, 10:48 am

Completely schooled lemieux

Put himself right in the mix with the top level middleweights

Lemieux was embarrassed tonight

Then further embarrassed with his post fight interview

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:18 pm

Saunders against Andrade or Jacobs are two very interesting fights

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 18 Dec 2017, 6:57 pm

BJS was excellent on Saturday. Reminded me of Froch v Abraham. LEmieux was embarrasssed and his post fight excuses were laughable. BJS didn't run until the last minute of the 12th, and that was just to see it out. He moved, turned him and boxed his head off. This should guarentee BJS an nice purse v Canelo GGG winner. That's the long game. Prob take a mandatory now and wait for that winner.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 18 Dec 2017, 7:35 pm

He boxes like he did on Saturday he’s got a chance with any middleweight in the world, much more spring in his legs and best condition ever seen him. After Canelo or Golovkin, Andraid would be an interesting technical affair much trickier customer than sore loser Lemieux

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 18 Dec 2017, 9:17 pm

his coditioning was unreal. Moving around so well, fleet footed. I think he will want a mandatory to see who wins GGG - Canelo. He knows GGG will give him the fight if he beats Canelo - as he is the last belt left to grab. Big payday and not certain to lose.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:45 am

Best moment of the night and the definition of the fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_xYrwAUMjY

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 19 Dec 2017, 12:05 pm

I think Canelo will probably beat GGG this time. GGG won the last fight, but it was close. I expect Canelo to get better and I expect GGG to perhaps slip more.

I was never a Saunders fan, but he was brilliant the other night. Another level completely. Add Jacobs to the mix and MW looks pretty exciting the next 12-18 months.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 19 Dec 2017, 8:36 pm

Will he call it a day after the Canelo/Golovkin fight?

Be a shame as he’s still got plenty to give but will he be arsed?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down