The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland are the form favourites for the 6Nations

+46
Gwlad
whocares
TightHEAD
Breadvan
RuggerRadge2611
beshocked
munkian
Tattie Scones RRN
Geen sport voor watjes
mikey_dragon
BamBam
LordDowlais
Engine#4
GunsGermsV2
rodders
the-goon
profitius
carpet baboon
nlpnlp
geoff999rugby
theslosty
marty2086
Geordie
Sin é
SecretFly
Recwatcher16
cascough
Scottrf
Cyril
Collapse2005
bsando
doctor_grey
Pot Hale
TJ
EWT Spoons
mid_gen
NeilyBroon
eirebilly
emack2
lostinwales
Artful_Dodger
thomh
Poorfour
No 7&1/2
kingelderfield
50 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Ireland are the form favourites for the 6Nations - Page 4 Empty Ireland are the form favourites for the 6Nations

Post by kingelderfield Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 16:08

First topic message reminder :

With England's form bubble well and truly burst by the recent Euro match ups and their injury list resulting in a fracture to the squads integrity, it now has to be obvious that the better top down Irish organisation places them in pole position.
You're only as good as your last game and anyone who honestly analysed our win over Ozy knows much luck was expended that day, but realistically the game was considerably closer than score board suggested.
In the bigger picture the envelope of our current development has been reached and changes will result during and after this tournament. Hartley will fall as will others and our over reliance on forward domination above the ability to attack with pace and skill from deep and wide out. Brown will go and the backs will be challenged to deliver and lead our structure.
The dominance of Saracens has been the bell weather to this English revival and now, as is obvious to all, they like England are in transition to be able to progress and challenge further.
So the Irish will have this tournament, but if EJ knows his onions he'll allow bruised bodies to mend and will take an A/B squad away this summer and then start a fresh and beat the AB's in the autumn.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Ireland are the form favourites for the 6Nations - Page 4 Empty Re: Ireland are the form favourites for the 6Nations

Post by eirebilly Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 15:55

theslosty wrote:I would really like Zebo to be involved and fully trusted with the 15 jersey but I fully agree that there's no point picking players who won't be here for the RWC. It is a shame though because I think he's clearly our best all round full back, he has the guile and creativity and pace that Kearney lost a while ago but I've always thought the basics of his game are underrated - just as good as Kearney in the air IMO and similarly is a good left footed kicking option. I think Ireland could really do with a second playmaker from 15 to improve the attack and then there is his understanding with Earls which makes for a very dangerous duo.

Ah see now, don't ye be posting logical things on here. thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Ireland are the form favourites for the 6Nations - Page 4 Empty Re: Ireland are the form favourites for the 6Nations

Post by rodders Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 16:04

eirebilly wrote:
rodders wrote:
I think they aren't as good defensively as some of the other players Schmidt favours, and also their off the ball work is not as good.

A good example is that try Heaslip scored against Italy that is floating around FB at the minute.

If you look at the work Trimble does to make the try,he runs 50+m without the ball to take and give a pass and takes out 2 defenders in doing so, it's easy to miss but probably makes the try. These are things Schmidt values and the players who don't get it get left out.

And if you look at Zebo's try on the weekend, ran an amazing line to collect the offload from Earls and beat three defenders to score the try. Your point being?

The point is Zebo ran the line because he would be in a scoring position whereas Trimble and McFadden ran it to put someone else in. This is the selfless work Joe values not players who drift in and out of games like Zebo.

On form he wouldn't make the 23 anyway so don't see what the issue is, the back 3 will be Kearney, Stockdale and Earls with Conway or Larmour on the bench.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 16:11

eirebilly wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
rodders wrote:
I think they aren't as good defensively as some of the other players Schmidt favours, and also their off the ball work is not as good.

A good example is that try Heaslip scored against Italy that is floating around FB at the minute.

If you look at the work Trimble does to make the try,he runs 50+m without the ball to take and give a pass and takes out 2 defenders in doing so, it's easy to miss but probably makes the try. These are things Schmidt values and the players who don't get it get left out.

And if you look at Zebo's try on the weekend, ran an amazing line to collect the offload from Earls and beat three defenders to score the try. Your point being?

His point being Zebo doesn't feel he'll get those moments in a Joe team? Whistle

Only he already has Whistle

So what was he complaining about?

...and don't tell Sin.....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 16:17

rodders wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
rodders wrote:

The point is Zebo ran the line because he would be in a scoring position whereas Trimble and McFadden ran it to put someone else in. This is the selfless work Joe values not players who drift in and out of games like Zebo.    

On form he wouldn't make the 23 anyway so don't see what the issue is, the back 3 will be Kearney, Stockdale and Earls with Conway or Larmour on the bench.

That is just nuts. Way too judgemental. The object should be to win the game. Doesn't matter who scores. It would be a problem if an option wasn't used and the player failed to score. Zebo just backs himself, but he isn't a selfish player and does run support lines (but a fullback would generally hold back anyway and leave the wingers running support those lines. Most teams operate by getting the ball to someone who is likely to score. End of.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 16:33

rodders wrote:

Shocked

That is a very bold statement to make, even from you...

Zebo actually has a rather large number of assists to his name so is not a selfish glory hunter. Do you forget that brilliant pass to Earls a few years back for the try against England?

He backs himself, its what great players do but is also very much a team player.

On form and current ability, I would most certainly have him starting ahead of Kearney.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 16:37

Sin é wrote:
That is just nuts. Way too judgemental. The object should be to win the game. Doesn't matter who scores.

Exactly, so as Zebo cares more about making himself look good than winning Joe isn't keen on him.

He's not that good anyway, he's slow as a cart horse, poor under the high ball and spends too much time making those triangle shapes with his hands.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 16:47

How anyone can claim Zebo is off forms I just don't know! Please read this article (match report from Castres game with comments from Munster head coach about Zebo) before anyone comes out with such crap again.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/simon-zebo-and-keith-earls-revel-in-more-expansive-munster-1.3364674

van Graan wrote:“I thought he had three high balls in the first ten minutes in that wind and he caught all three brilliantly and his kicking game was outstanding.

Zebo scored his sixth try of the season, and third in the European Champions Cup, when trailing Keith Earls’s counter-attack infield and changing direction to accelerate through Geoffrey Palis and Kylian Jaminet.

van Graan wrote:“The things that people won’t see is his off the ball work and that try – I haven’t spoke to him yet – but once he saw that try-line he just went for it. Very happy about that performance and in games like these you need your star players to come through. Zeebs was certainly one of them tonight and credit to all 23 guys who took the pitch. Very happy about that.”

van Graan wrote: Earls’s confidence is manifest in his counter-attacking and ability to link with team-mates. This is especially true in tandem with Zebo, the two gave the other try-scoring assists on Sunday.

van Graan wrote:“He [zebo] has bought into it every single day, he is a player for the big stage and tonight was a big stage and he came through.”

How can Schmidt come out with such cowpat about Zebo being off-form is just beyond me.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 16:48

rodders wrote:
Sin é wrote:
That is just nuts. Way too judgemental. The object should be to win the game. Doesn't matter who scores.

Exactly, so as Zebo cares more about making himself look good than winning Joe isn't keen on him.

He's not that good anyway, he's slow as a cart horse, poor under the high ball and spends too much time making those triangle shapes with his hands.  

You'll have to do better than that Rods Whistle
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 16:56

Players like Zebo reach the heights based on their natural talent and enthusiasm. Take that natural talent and enthusiasm away and a player can go backwards in their development. Its all about balance, Munster coaches have always been able to find that balance and that is why Zebo has reached the heights he has. He is not built to perform like a robot.

Schmidt, to me, is Mr even keel. He can make poor players look good by playing his system but he can also make great players look average by making them stick to his system. He can also ruin players confidence at the drop of a hat as well.

One of the reasons I like ROG as a coach as he embraces players abilities and helps them to develop. Sexton was a very good 10 but under ROG at Racing he developed into a truly world class 10. This is something that Sexton has also said.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 18:48

Okay, I been outside in the f**king frigid air putting up posts and making a bloody gate. and.................... oh sorry, that's the DIY blog bit............

right, back to rugby royalty debates............

ROG turned Sexton into a world class 10? He nearly broke the poor basterde and we had to send in the Marines to take him off ROG before too much damage was done. I think Sexton is still probably mentally traumatised by his time there. The horror! The horror!..............

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 20:48

Just saw this posted on Munsterfans:

munsterfans wrote:Just to put 'form' into context, as mentioned earlier, Rob has scored 3, yes 3 tries in his last 60 Leinster games whereas Zebo has 28 tries in his last 60 Munster games and its probably fair to guess that Leinster in the past four seasons have scored more tries than Munster. The mind boggles, form, what a joke!

I suppose someone will come up with some man sausage and bull story in how Rob doesn't score tries because he is running great lines!

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 20:55

Sin é wrote:Just saw this posted on Munsterfans:

munsterfans wrote:Just to put 'form' into context, as mentioned earlier, Rob has scored 3, yes 3 tries in his last 60 Leinster games whereas Zebo has 28 tries in his last 60 Munster games and its probably fair to guess that Leinster in the past four seasons have scored more tries than Munster. The mind boggles, form, what a joke!

I suppose someone will come up with some man sausage and bull story in how Rob doesn't score tries because he is running great lines!

Rob doesn't score more tries because nobody wrote the letter to him yet telling him that he can.  

Have you forgotten your own reading of what happens at Leinster?  They need the child minders in from 12 noon to 3 to keep them busy with the finger painting and story telling...and they need written approval letters for tries scored per game.
Someone seems to be forgetting Rob's notes in amongst all the other 'you can score today' reminders.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 22:00

What are you guys doing butt banging on Zebo? He is a really good attacking player and not afraid of going up for the ball in heavy traffic. OK, his defensive skills aren't great, but they aren't O'Gara-like either. Besides, he is one of the only players left in Rugby today - anywhere - who actually seems to enjoy what he is doing. To me, he is a player one can win with. At any level.

I was at the match against Castres. I was glad to see he was in the lineup and was fun to watch him play.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 22:16

Sin é wrote:
Leinster underachieved prior to the arrival of Cheika (who by the way, admired the Munster culture). It has double the resources of the rest of the Provinces. Munster is still one of the most successful clubs in world rugby over such a long period of time - leading the way with reaching the knock-out stages of Heineken/Champs Cup rugby (17 times). Most games played in Europe (164, winning 113) to Toulouse  (157, win 105),  (Leinster 156, win 103).

What I dislike about Schmidt management is that he seems to have this attitude that sport can't be joyful. If the players are enjoying themselves, there is something wrong. Incidentally, I've heard both Donnacha O'Callaghan and Jerry Flannery saying recently that Declan Kidney created the best environment that they have experienced to play sport in. Now, both of them were very driven players and high achievers.

You gotta love how to Munster fans anything good about Leinster can be traced back to Munster. The creativity is impressive.

Sport cant be joyful? When has he ever said that. I think Munster players and fans are over emotional. Schmidt is the perfect manager to reign them in and calm them down to get the best out of them.

Under Kidney we only ever won when everyone was fired up, red in the face and Paul O'Connell had given an oscar winning monologue on the dressing rooms before the game. That crap was unsustainable. We are in a far better place now. If the Munster players struggle to adapt to the methods that's their loss.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 22:19

Sin é wrote:Just saw this posted on Munsterfans:

Most people don't care I'd say. He is off to France. His choice, good luck to him.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 22:24

Sin é wrote:
But, according to Schmidt he didn't make the squad because his form isn't as good as Lamour who has played about 5 games at fullback for Leinster and only 1 of those in the Champ Cup at fullback.

You should write a letter to Joe to complain. How could he criticise Zebo, what a meanie.

Id say he is sick of people asking him the same stupid questions.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 22:42

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Sin é wrote:
Leinster underachieved prior to the arrival of Cheika (who by the way, admired the Munster culture). It has double the resources of the rest of the Provinces. Munster is still one of the most successful clubs in world rugby over such a long period of time - leading the way with reaching the knock-out stages of Heineken/Champs Cup rugby (17 times). Most games played in Europe (164, winning 113) to Toulouse  (157, win 105),  (Leinster 156, win 103).

What I dislike about Schmidt management is that he seems to have this attitude that sport can't be joyful. If the players are enjoying themselves, there is something wrong. Incidentally, I've heard both Donnacha O'Callaghan and Jerry Flannery saying recently that Declan Kidney created the best environment that they have experienced to play sport in. Now, both of them were very driven players and high achievers.

You gotta love how to Munster fans anything good about Leinster can be traced back to Munster. The creativity is impressive.

Sport cant be joyful? When has he ever said that. I think Munster players and fans are over emotional. Schmidt is the perfect manager to reign them in and calm them down to get the best out of them.

Under Kidney we only ever won when everyone was fired up, red in the face and Paul O'Connell had given an oscar winning monologue on the dressing rooms before the game. That crap was unsustainable. We are in a far better place now. If the Munster players struggle to adapt to the methods that's their loss.

laughing
Christ, you're on fire lately, Gun. What you been eating? Un-sugared shredded wheat?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 22:46

doctor_grey wrote:What are you guys doing butt banging on Zebo?  He is a really good attacking player and not afraid of going up for the ball in heavy traffic.  OK, his defensive skills aren't great, but they aren't O'Gara-like either.  Besides, he is one of the only players left in Rugby today - anywhere - who actually seems to enjoy what he is doing.  To me, he is a player one can win with.  At any level.

I was at the match against Castres.  I was glad to see he was in the lineup and was fun to watch him play.  

He'll be in a lot of matches against Castres from here on in. The boy lit out on us on account of he don't like having rules with his rugby. "I could'a been a contender! You was my coach, Joe, you shoulda looked out for me a little bit."

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Engine#4 Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 22:55

"Rob Kearney's try scoring record"

Jesus wept. Zebo has a worse international strike rate than the much maligned McFadden.

Engine#4

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 23:02

But twice as good as Kearney's.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 23:18

Quick question. Is this zebo thing going to go on till the team is announced?
Can we find something else to argue about ?
Can we have a different topic each day?
Tomorrow can we argue about henshaw. Is he better at 12 or 13.?
Then the weekend can be about which scanell brother has the best hair for international rugby

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 23:27

For my part, I'm trying to keep the Zebo show going for the very reason that I'm dreading the seasonal Henshaw at 12 or 13 debate.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 8:14

I'm loving the very strict Munster against the world rules apply to all arguments.

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 8:16

SecretFly wrote:
ROG turned Sexton into a world class 10?  He nearly broke the poor basterde and we had to send in the Marines to take him off ROG before too much damage was done.  I think Sexton is still probably mentally traumatised by his time there.  The horror!  The horror!..............  

Just going by what Sexton has said himself and from the performances Sexton has put in after leaving Racing. Always a very good 10 but after his time at Racing under ROG he got far better in his tactical kicking and game management.

So yes, I do believe that ROG helped Sexton to be come one of the best 10's in rugby.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 9:00

eirebilly wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
ROG turned Sexton into a world class 10?  He nearly broke the poor basterde and we had to send in the Marines to take him off ROG before too much damage was done.  I think Sexton is still probably mentally traumatised by his time there.  The horror!  The horror!..............  

Just going by what Sexton has said himself and from the performances Sexton has put in after leaving Racing. Always a very good 10 but after his time at Racing under ROG he got far better in his tactical kicking and game management.

So yes, I do believe that ROG helped Sexton to be come one of the best 10's in rugby.

Its like I said. Munster fans have this wonderful ability to trace anything good about Leinster back to Munster. The imagination is something to behold.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 9:14

Collapse2005 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Its like I said. Munster fans have this wonderful ability to trace anything good about Leinster back to Munster. The imagination is something to behold.

So Sexton is telling fibs then and you do not believe that Sexton improved under ROG?

By the way, ROG was not with Munster at that time, he was with Racing...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 9:23

In general my comment is true but yes I'm sure Rog did have influence over Sexton when they began to be involved in camps together and in particular when Rog was his coach at Racing. That's true.

At times Rog may also have had a negative effect on Sexton's progression as there was a point when Sexton never played a full 80 minutes as Rog had to have his quota of time on the field. It became a bit of a side show for a while.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 9:44

I actually do not think your comment about Munster claiming everything has any substance at all. In fact, its more you that tends to try and twist everything and make it so. Your ability to turn comments into provincial bias is a thing of beauty guns thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:07

eirebilly wrote:I actually do not think your comment about Munster claiming everything has any substance at all. In fact, its more you that tends to try and twist everything and make it so. Your ability to turn comments into provincial bias is a thing of beauty guns thumbsup

All you have to do is scroll through the comments on this thread to see yourself and Sin trying to tie Leinster brilliance back to Munster. Six degrees of cabbage and bacon.

Last edited by Collapse2005 on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:09; edited 1 time in total

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:09

You really have a very strange way of comprehending posts...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:11

eirebilly wrote:You really have a very strange way of comprehending posts...

Its a bit like how a little brother always follows their bigger brother around all the time. Would you agree?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:14

Collapse2005 wrote:

Its a bit like how a little brother always follows their bigger brother around all the time. Would you agree?

You really are special.

I stated that one ex player helped a current player develop at a club in France and you turned that into Munster claiming Leinster glory? Just wow.

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:19

I think Ireland fans have more rivalry among themselves than against the other nations.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:25

Scottrf wrote:I think Ireland fans have more rivalry among themselves than against the other nations.

Themselves and Wayne Barnes, don't forget Wayne Barnes. Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:31

Oh, so Collapse and Guns are one and the same

Who'da thunk it

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:42

eirebilly wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:

You really are special.

I stated that one ex player helped a current player develop at a club in France and you turned that into Munster claiming Leinster glory? Just wow.

Thanks. Im actually quite a big deal around here.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:48

BamBam wrote:Oh, so Collapse and Guns are one and the same

Who'da thunk it

Correct. Thought I was banned but it turns out I wasn't.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:55

Scottrf wrote:I think Ireland fans have more rivalry among themselves than against the other nations.

We keep telling folks that openly, but their own sense of pride never allows them to believe it --- until maybe now. OK

Last edited by SecretFly on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 12:29; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:57

LordDowlais wrote:

Themselves and Wayne Barnes, don't forget Wayne Barnes. Very Happy

True. We absolutely adore and profoundly love everyone else........................ especially the Regions and Phil Whistle Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 11:04

eirebilly wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Em.................... that was probably a highly flippant tongue-in-cheek comment from me, billy. Why are most posters in here so matter of fact and sullen that they feel every blasted post needs a sober response?

It was an obvious joke billy. A joke. If everyone had a gun here and an open Western street, there wouldn't be one of us left alive by sundown. And I'd get Lord first............... in the back....just for the fun of it Wink

Anyway, I'm sure ROG helped Sexton improve his game just like time and most good coaches do. Christ, the number of times I've had to stand up for that man in these threads over the years(ROG) might mean that he owes me a compliment more than I owe him one. Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 12:19

carpet baboon wrote:I'm loving the very strict Munster against the world rules apply to all arguments.

Munster is one of the best supported clubs in world rugby, with fans everywhere, so how could it be against the rest of the world?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 12:23

Collapse2005 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

You don't need any imagination to figure out that Leinster would still be a crowd of ladyboy showponys without the motivation Munster has given them as the darlings of Irish rugby.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 12:27

[quote="Sin é"]
Collapse2005 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

You don't need any imagination to figure out that Leinster would still be a crowd of ladyboy showponys without the motivation Munster has given them as the darlings of Irish rugby.

PS - I had to laugh at Radio Leinster (Newstalk) last week. They send a reporter down to Thomond match to interrogate the fans about Gerbrand Grobler representing Munster. They managed to find ONE person who wasn't happy about it. You could see how annoyed they were that the Munster fans were not outraged. Mind you, it hasn't prevented them from still banging on about how Brand Munster is now diminished in the eyes of the world because of this. Very Happy

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 12:29

Sin é wrote:
Sin é wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

PS - I had to laugh at Radio Leinster (Newstalk) last week. They send a reporter down to Thomond match to interrogate the fans about Gerbrand Grobler representing Munster. They managed to find ONE person who wasn't happy about it. You could see how annoyed they were that the Munster fans were not outraged. Mind you, it hasn't prevented them from still banging on about how Brand Munster is now diminished in the eyes of the world because of this.  Very Happy

So because Munster fans are ok with it the brand globally isn't diminished?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 12:30

Sin é wrote:You don't need any imagination to figure out that Leinster would still be a crowd of ladyboy showponys without the motivation Munster has given them as the darlings of Irish rugby.

PS - I had to laugh at Radio Leinster (Newstalk) last week. They send a reporter down to Thomond match to interrogate the fans about Gerbrand Grobler representing Munster. They managed to find ONE person who wasn't happy about it. You could see how annoyed they were that the Munster fans were not outraged. Mind you, it hasn't prevented them from still banging on about how Brand Munster is now diminished in the eyes of the world because of this.  Very Happy

Shouldn't you be a Leinster fan if you live in Dublin?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 12:33

Sin é wrote:

hmmmmmmmmmmm. Think about that on, sin. Think about it. Whistle Might be like asking a bunch of trawler captains if they hate eating fish.......... Say no more, say no more...wink wink, nod nod.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 12:39

marty2086 wrote:So because Munster fans are ok with it the brand globally isn't diminished?

No. Why should it be. Its not like GG was caught taking drugs in Munster had not served his time. He played in France for a year and no one took any notice of him.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 12:40

Scottrf wrote:
Sin é wrote:You don't need any imagination to figure out that Leinster would still be a crowd of ladyboy showponys without the motivation Munster has given them as the darlings of Irish rugby.

Shouldn't you be a Leinster fan if you live in Dublin?

No. In this country we can support who we like.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:12

Sin é wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Haha you have got to love it. There are lots of people that actually believe this.

If that logic were true, why have Munster been so far behind Leinster for the last 10 years. Does your "motivation" theory only work the other way round?

Does this mean Munster are now the lady boys of Irish rugby?

Does singing stand up and fight in the dressing room after each game preclude Munster from being considered a bit soft?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:20

Sin é wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:I'm loving the very strict Munster against the world rules apply to all arguments.

Munster is one of the best supported clubs in world rugby, with fans everywhere, so how could it be against the rest of the world?

Well played sin, well played

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next