The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Nations Round 1 - Entertainment results and table

+6
Luckless Pedestrian
Poorfour
No 7&1/2
BamBam
Scottrf
No9
10 posters

Go down

6 Nations Round 1 - Entertainment results and table Empty 6 Nations Round 1 - Entertainment results and table

Post by No9 Wed 07 Feb 2018, 2:21 pm

This is purely a subjective view on Round 1 games, and as such, it is NOT wrong, but feel free to add your own subjective viewpoint.

Wales - You can only play what's infront of you is the old adage. Well Wales played what was infront of them and more. Young players and those not so young but new/low capped players came in for the established names and played their socks off giving real them a real challenge to get their shirt back. Some very entertaining rugby played as well, with the Scarlet brand breaking through more than once. [Entertainment Score: 8/10]

Scotland - The team of the Autumn campaign didn't turn up and the one that did made far too many errors. Hit by injuries, does this show lack in depth that has plagued the Welsh team in the past. Real pity, but hopefully we'll see some confidence back and different Scotland at home in Round 2. Entertainment Score: 3/10

France - Getting boring now, but what's the saying "... what French team will turn up...". Apart from one piece of magic to score the try, and what a try it was, the French team showed none of the Gaelic flair we want to see and just played their part in a boring game. Entertainment Score: 5/10

Ireland - Also played their part in a boring game. Having lost their ability to find the try line, they at least showed how good they are in retaining the ball giving Sexton the chance of glory after 41 phases. They rode their luck, but really need to step up the gears. Entertainment Score: 5/10

Italy - The plucky Italians once again showed some brilliance, with some nice tries, but they also showed how far out of their depth they are. Entertainment Score: 3/10

England - How do they do it. How can a side score 7 tries yet make the game so boring. The players themselves looked so bored, they obviously just wanted to go back home. Entertainment Score: 2/10

So the 6 Nations Entertainment Table after Round 1 looks like..

1stWales  8pts
2nd France 5pts
2nd Ireland 5pts
4th Italy 3pts
4th Scotland 3pts
6th England 2pts

No9

Back to top Go down

6 Nations Round 1 - Entertainment results and table Empty Re: 6 Nations Round 1 - Entertainment results and table

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 Feb 2018, 2:22 pm

You have to win something I guess. Gatland's sulking should provide the entertainment in week 2.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

6 Nations Round 1 - Entertainment results and table Empty Re: 6 Nations Round 1 - Entertainment results and table

Post by BamBam Wed 07 Feb 2018, 2:23 pm

I'm just glad they're moving on from moral victories

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 07 Feb 2018, 2:34 pm

My point of view is that scotland would be equal to among the game as exciting with the style.of play they wouldnt deviate from.

Yup an England italy game is normally boring as people know the result.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Wed 07 Feb 2018, 2:34 pm

And some on this board complain of anti-Welsh bias...

If they kick the points they're boring. If they play a little within themselves, perhaps wary of the risks following an horrendous injury to a team mate, they're boring. If they score seven tries, only one fewer than the other five sides in the tournament put together, they're boring.

It seems England can't win, except on the scoreboard. Oh well, I guess we must be grateful for small mercies.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 07 Feb 2018, 2:37 pm

6 Nations Round 1 - Entertainment results and table 1347041234

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Wed 07 Feb 2018, 3:40 pm

TBH I missed Biggar in the Wales Scotland game. His shouting and gesturing always cheers me up. And Italy ruined their game by not playing silly booggers. The most entertaining game was the France game due to their 'return-to-French-flair' try. Sexton's slappable face helped as well.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Wed 07 Feb 2018, 3:51 pm

I think France deserves another point for the dodgy HIA drama Smile

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 07 Feb 2018, 4:55 pm

I think the key word with this table is subjective, and it covers many sins.

Also being subjective I would like to point out that the England tries, when they came, were so quick and well constructed as to look easy, and therefore have not been given the recognition that they could.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 Feb 2018, 4:56 pm

lostinwales wrote:I think the key word with this table is subjective, and it covers many sins.

Also being subjective I would like to point out that the England tries, when they came, were so quick and well constructed as to look easy, and therefore have not been given the recognition that they could.

It's just a troll. If Italy were more entertaining than England, then Scotland were more entertaining than Wales.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Wed 07 Feb 2018, 4:57 pm

On their day Wales are world class, also a trip to HQ is nice for the players to get outside the goldfish bowl of Welsh rugby.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Feb 2018, 6:31 pm

Ignoring trolling and subjectiveness, I have to say I was entertained by England. I thought it was an enjoyable game. And anyway, teams are not always boring. Games can be boring, even with ‘exciting’ teams playing in them. There’s been some real snorefests over the years. Could be the weather, could be two evenly matched sides playing the same style and thus cancelling each other out, could be two sides trying not to lose rather than trying to win. It’s hard to predict. And if it’s your team playing then often it will be tense and exciting for you but a snorefest for others. So pointless scoring subjectively it and putting too much energy into debating it, is what I suppose I’m saying Smile

I actually found the France v Ireland game a bit boring, but would have been on the edge of my seat if I was Irish or French probably Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Wed 07 Feb 2018, 6:40 pm

France v Ireland was a pretty dull game enlivened by its one try and the last 15 minutes or so. One for purists, as they say.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down