The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulster Rugby 2017-2018 Part 2

+44
Intotouch
Geen sport voor watjes
LeinsterFan4life
SirBurger
thebandwagonsociety
EST
BigGee
howslife456
No 7&1/2
Cyril
skiddy
PhilBB
eirebilly
Artful_Dodger
Pete330v2
Sin é
carpet baboon
Redman
clivemcl
geoff999rugby
Standulstermen
neilthom7
marty2086
George Carlin
The Great Aukster
Don Alfonso
Collapse2005
jimbopip
rodders
UlsterinKildare
JmD
Kingshu
Maine man
toml
RiscaGame
No9
Kanbei
Pot Hale
LordDowlais
mikey_dragon
Hazel Sapling
Brendan
Monkeyan
RDW
48 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Will Ulster make the Champions Cup next season

Ulster Rugby 2017-2018 Part 2  - Page 8 Vote_lcap33%Ulster Rugby 2017-2018 Part 2  - Page 8 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 5 ]
Ulster Rugby 2017-2018 Part 2  - Page 8 Vote_lcap67%Ulster Rugby 2017-2018 Part 2  - Page 8 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Ulster Rugby 2017-2018 Part 2  - Page 8 Empty Ulster Rugby 2017-2018 Part 2

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 04 Apr 2018, 1:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ulster Rugby

Final Table
               GP   Points
Leinster    21     70
Scarlets    21     70
Edinburgh 21     68
Ulster       21     62
Benetton   21     55
Dragons    21     20
Kings        21     11

Season Outcome: Playoff for Champions Cup Spot

Ulster are in the Champions Cup

Last edited by Hazel Sapling on Mon 21 May 2018, 12:12 pm; edited 5 times in total

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Ulster Rugby 2017-2018 Part 2  - Page 8 Empty Re: Ulster Rugby 2017-2018 Part 2

Post by marty2086 Wed 25 Apr 2018, 3:25 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
clivemcl wrote:So UR have banned non-sports reporters from press conferences the past two weeks.
Whilst I perfectly understand it, it has only brought the media spotlight right back onto us.
Nolan Show ran with it this morning and many papers too.

One things for sure, the players and coaches do not need to be the ones facing media considering it's a pre-match sporting related press conference.

If the media feel there is still questions to be answered, it should be Logan they are calling out specifically, and not the coaches and players who simply want to do their job without non-related difficult questions being put towards them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09zj3q1#play
I don't understand why any non-sporting journalist would want access to an Ulster Rugby press conference. The likes of Nolan only wish to create hysteria and negativity, people like him thrive off it. He claims that the public have a right to know certain things. If the public want to know anything about Ulster Rugby then start watching rugby or attend a few games, that's all they need to know surely.
Lo and behold the first caller claims it's morally reprehensible yet then goes on to say he doesn't follow rugby. I wonder what he follows, Soccer with it's whiter than the driven snow morals or perhaps GAA with some of it's teams and venues named after the morally perfect. I know this country hasn't a great track record in leaving the past where it should be but come on, the whole story is getting very tired now. We who had to watch 2 players sacked against our wishes have been able to get on with things so why can't those who's only desire is to feel offended constantly. Even the ugly lezzers have left Mount Merrion ffs.

It's not like they've any reason to be offended or that there's any reason to think misogyny is rife Erm

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 25 Apr 2018, 3:33 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
clivemcl wrote:So UR have banned non-sports reporters from press conferences the past two weeks.
Whilst I perfectly understand it, it has only brought the media spotlight right back onto us.

One things for sure, the players and coaches do not need to be the ones facing media considering it's a pre-match sporting related press conference.

If the media feel there is still questions to be answered, it should be Logan they are calling out specifically, and not the coaches and players who simply want to do their job without non-related difficult questions being put towards them.

I don't understand why any non-sporting journalist would want access to an Ulster Rugby press conference. The likes of Nolan only wish to create hysteria and negativity, people like him thrive off it. He claims that the public have a right to know certain things. If the public want to know anything about Ulster Rugby then start watching rugby or attend a few games, that's all they need to know surely.
Lo and behold the first caller claims it's morally reprehensible yet then goes on to say he doesn't follow rugby. I wonder what he follows, Soccer with it's whiter than the driven snow morals or perhaps GAA with some of it's teams and venues named after the morally perfect. I know this country hasn't a great track record in leaving the past where it should be but come on, the whole story is getting very tired now. We who had to watch 2 players sacked against our wishes have been able to get on with things so why can't those who's only desire is to feel offended constantly. Even the ugly lezzers have left Mount Merrion ffs.

It's not like they've any reason to be offended or that there's any reason to think misogyny is rife Erm  

Those people have no clue what real misogyny really is. It's not jokingly making comments in private messages between young lads. If that's the case then the country is full of misogyny to epidemic proportions. Those twits who stood on Mount Merrion before the Ospreys match are much more guilty of misandry than Paddy Jackson is guilty of misogyny. I despise those protestors, not because they are women but because they demonstrate a lot of things that are wrong with modern society. Hateful pricks the lot of them, there is that a less misogynistic terminology for you Marty or are you currently still offended?

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Wed 25 Apr 2018, 3:47 pm

I couldn't give a flying feic if some reporters (who arent sports reporters) who never turned up to a rugby press conference before the trial are offended by not being allowed into Kingspan. Its just a bunch of vile excuses for human beings looking for a couple of words they can misquote and put in some internet article as clickbait for morons. Go and try and find relevance elsewhere. When you look at the interview with Gibbes you can visibly see how annoyed he gets as the questions turn to Brian O'fecing Driscoll. Its a rugby club. Talk rugby or do one

Its clearly not just the southern press though. Its all over

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 25 Apr 2018, 4:14 pm

Journalism has changed so much in the last 20 years because of the internet. It is now possible to monitor how much traffic articles are getting and certain subjects because they are divisive attract much more traffic.

Newspapers that are online now are no longer newspapers anymore in my view because they are leaning more and more towards subjects and opinions that will draw the most traffic rather than well researched, intelligent and interesting pieces. That's my own biased view but it explains why every second article in Ireland is on the gender pay gap for example despite the fact it was debunked a long time ago.

Newspapers know that there is a huge cohort of very active batsh1t crazy feminists and a minority of passive virtue signalling self loathing male feminists that swarm over any female injustice article in order to flex their victimhood complexes as often as possible and the online journals in particular are really exploiting that.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 25 Apr 2018, 4:34 pm

Lol. You go you alpha male.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Wed 25 Apr 2018, 4:41 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:

Those people have no clue what real misogyny really is. It's not jokingly making comments in private messages between young lads. If that's the case then the country is full of misogyny to epidemic proportions. Those twits who stood on Mount Merrion before the Ospreys match are much more guilty of misandry than Paddy Jackson is guilty of misogyny. I despise those protestors, not because they are women but because they demonstrate a lot of things that are wrong with modern society. Hateful pricks the lot of them, there is that a less misogynistic terminology for you Marty or are you currently still offended?

100% agree Pete.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 25 Apr 2018, 5:38 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:

If its not that, what is it? Some joke thinking and actually saying that women are just a piece of meat to be used and shared for their pleasure.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 25 Apr 2018, 6:00 pm

It's interesting. I think initially it was feared the media would switch their attention to Gilroy and start asking questions. Now it seems a little more like it's the anti-Logan message they want to avoid giving more life to. Apparently a lot of reporters were hoping to run with the story about banners from last weekends games being removed from crowd by stewards. Some where anti-logan, some may have been related to sponsors, some may have been related to the case/trial etc...

But yea, part of me does think it's fair for the journos to demand and put pressure on UR - just that I feel it should be channelled directly to the CEO and not players/coaches who cannot answer for the club/organisation on anything other that rugby related issues.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Wed 25 Apr 2018, 6:06 pm

They are turning up at a pre-match press briefing with the coach and a couple of selected players. Bombard the office with calls if they want the CEO. To date for all their comment on the anti logan thing or banners and eventsec i havent seen one article on it. They didnt seem to need the stark detail a month or two earlier. They can bog off.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 25 Apr 2018, 6:39 pm

Sin é wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:

If its not that, what is it? Some joke thinking and actually saying that women are just a piece of meat to be used and shared for their pleasure.

If I may be so bold, I would argue that the text messages do not suggest that all women are meat and sex objects, but just that some are. Not saying that's in any way better of course.

But there's men who target women of a certain type because of well... shall we say... the success rate is higher. It's not pleasant, but some of these men also would much prefer in the long run to settle down with a woman of a different type alltogether.

I don't believe these lads view ALL women in this same way, they were just talking about a certain stereotype.

I'm sure over the years of their text messages you would see other examples of women being commented on in what could be interpreted respectful and wholesome.

Still horrible comments and idiots the lot of them. Just making the point as I see it. Generalisations are in general (pardon the pun) not helpful.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 25 Apr 2018, 6:51 pm

If there wasn't fake news, there would be hardly any interesting news at all.

Make everything public and then then there's no hiding place, privacy is dangerous innit?
OK so a few innocents get hurt in collateral damage but the baying masses need fed, that's democracy isn't it?
Isn't it fine to be disingenuous if it generates marketing revenue and keeps the sponsors happy?

oops... maybe getting the Press gang and the IRFU mixed up there.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 25 Apr 2018, 7:11 pm

On the Carbery, Byrne issue, I think the IRFU mishandled it (maybe on purpose).
Next year being second choice at Leinster will get plenty of games and is the preferred choice for both players. Being Ulster 10 is better than 3rd choice at Leinster.

But because both were asked, both can dig their heels in hoping the other will leave and they will get the 2nd 10 position at Leinster which if we are honest is what they both want.

If i was either of them I would dig in, hope the other goes and be prepared to fight for the 2nd spot if they dont but I'd really just want them to go, not a mission would I go though, I'd have confidence in my ability to see of the challange if they stayed.

When the IRFU asked both this was always going to be the outcome. Moving means your handing the better option to someone else on a plate, and may show you lack confidence in your ability to win the battle.

The IRFU should have asked Cullen to pick one and informed the other he would be 3rd choice at Leinster, Cullen has made his second 10 pick. If he prefers being 3rd Leinster 10 to first Ulster then ok. But the way its down both believe they can be 2nd Leinster 10 and hence neither will move.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 25 Apr 2018, 7:39 pm

Sin é wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:

Firstly you have no clue what PJ and SO think, if you're going to judge someone's thoughts on an inappropriate private message then you are more of a simpleton than I thought.
Secondly at no point did anyone suggest that women are a piece of meat. Go off and google your usual impeccable sources and find for all of us the message sent that suggested it. In fact find the one where Paddy Jackson said that.

Misogyny is rife in this world. Real misogyny is an institution in far too many countries. The actual subjugation of the female gender occurs for example in Saudi Arabia. Women are second class citizens there are considered a species lower in the food chain than men. That's mild compared to other regimes the like of which the Bank of Ireland invest heavily in. So whilst backing real misogyny of the most vile order the bank demaded the sacking of a couple of young lads who's messages were aimed entirely at one person and one particular type of person, not an entire gender. The idiocy of suggesting that those comments, made in jest between young lads, can be indicitive of a person's attitude towards a gender is mind boggling.
I made the ugly lezzers comment which wasn't meant to be taken seriously but it doesn't make me a misogynist. It means I despise the kind of idiots who utilised the situation for their own perverted, misandristic means. They dilute actual misogyny much in the same way that racism gets diluted by the protestors who get offended if a particular race is stereotyped or missing from a movie etc. My comment was aimed directly at the 50 or so deluded pricks who protested outside the ground, not an entire gender.

Get It ?

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 25 Apr 2018, 8:07 pm

The boys language was unwholesome. For sure. It showed a lack of respect. For sure.
A lack of respect for who? All women? I don't see how anyone can say that.
They only discussed the women at their party.
Gilroy asked if any 'sluts' got.... well...
Maybe there we have something.

Is it purely a mysoginistic male thing? To look at a certain type of women and make assumptions about what they may or may not be 'up for'?

Are we to believe that no women ever judge women similarly and call them by Gilroy's term?

Making assumptions of certain women and their sex lives based off how they act and look is not something done only by a small section of society. I'd say it's fairly common, this kind of judgement. It's also not something reserved to only men.

Many women AND men would use the label, many would assume they were 'easy' to use the slang. The judgement for some is of a disapproving nature, and the judgement for some is opportunistic.

To deny these judgements are made on a daily basis in society is daft. But yes, technically, on paper, to draw conclusions between appearance and how sexually promiscuous they may be is of course 'wrong'.

But... are we seriously still trying to pretend that we are all saints the rest of us?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 26 Apr 2018, 8:31 am

Please take the trial stuff to the other folder and leave this to RUGBY matters only picard

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 26 Apr 2018, 9:21 am

clivemcl wrote:

If I may be so bold, I would argue that the text messages do not suggest that all women are meat and sex objects, but just that some are. Not saying that's in any way better of course.

But there's men who target women of a certain type because of well... shall we say... the success rate is higher. It's not pleasant, but some of these men also would much prefer in the long run to settle down with a woman of a different type alltogether.

I don't believe these lads view ALL women in this same way, they were just talking about a certain stereotype.

I'm sure over the years of their text messages you would see other examples of women being commented on in what could be interpreted respectful and wholesome.

Still horrible comments and idiots the lot of them. Just making the point as I see it. Generalisations are in general (pardon the pun) not helpful.

Men and women talk about each other as sex objects all the time in private. We are sexual beings so there isn't anything really wrong with that. The messages may seem grotesque when you shine a light on them but they aren't anything the virtuous marchers and protesters don't do themselves in private but are too virtuous to admit it to themselves.

History suggests people aren't in general brave enough to stick their heads above the parapet and challenge the group think which is possibly why this storm gathered so much pace. Add in a very dedicated group of feminists with nothing better to do and a traffic hungry media and the two lads didn't stand a chance of retaining their jobs. Respect to Ulster fans for standing up to the masses.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 26 Apr 2018, 10:26 am

Kingshu wrote:On the Carbery, Byrne issue, I think the IRFU mishandled it (maybe on purpose).
Next year being second choice at Leinster will get plenty of games and is the preferred choice for both players. Being Ulster 10 is better than 3rd choice at Leinster.

But because both were asked, both can dig their heels in hoping the other will leave and they will get the 2nd 10 position at Leinster which if we are honest is what they both want.

If i was either of them I would dig in, hope the other goes and be prepared to fight for the 2nd spot if they dont but I'd really just want them to go, not a mission would I go though, I'd have confidence in my ability to see of the challange if they stayed.

When the IRFU asked both this was always going to be the outcome. Moving means your handing the better option to someone else on a plate, and may show you lack confidence in your ability to win the battle.

The IRFU should have asked Cullen to pick one and informed the other he would be 3rd choice at Leinster, Cullen has made his second 10 pick. If he prefers being 3rd Leinster 10 to first Ulster then ok. But the way its down both believe they can be 2nd Leinster 10 and hence neither will move.

I'll repost this to try and bring it back to Rugby matters.

If neither move what are our options?

Will the IRFU stump up the cash to bring Madigan back (he may fancy trying to make the WC squad) however I don't rate him as an OH, he has never pushed his way past an out and out 10 in this career. Good player but overrated at OH, and not worth the money he is on (but if IRFU are paying it)
If IRFU are breaking the bank, make Steenson an offer he can't reuse to come back for a year or two.

Is Lealiifano an option?
While I liked Lealiifano I feel there are better NIQ OH's available (Lealiifano is a good 10 and good 12, but we need an out and out great 10).
Is there any better IQ?

Will just be screwed over by the IRFU and play McPhillips next year?

On a side note I am beginning to feel an us against them, I don't think I have ever waned us to beat the other provinces so much, hopefully the team feels the same.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 26 Apr 2018, 10:39 am

Kingshu wrote:On the Carbery, Byrne issue, I think the IRFU mishandled it (maybe on purpose).

An interesting and perceptive insight Kingshu. thumbsup

I don't think the IRFU mishandled it at all, but made public an unresolved decision in their own interests. It was them that bowed to the sponsors pressure by scrapping Jackson and Olding, with no care for the welfare of the province (just as they did with Pienaar). Leaking a deal that isn't done shows how mealy mouthed they really are, as now they want to be seen to be doing something but secretly knowing it isn't going to happen. Thus they exonerate themselves and shift all the hard decisions onto young players and a hobbled province.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 26 Apr 2018, 10:55 am

I think Carbery is in the tricker position and I can see Schmidt leaning on him big time.

Cullen clearly sees Bryne as his preferred 10 backup, while Schmidt prefers Carbery.
Trouble is with the development of Larmour Carbery will be 3rd choice 15 as well
So Irelands back up 10 cant make 1st or 2nd slot at 10 or 15 for his province

Big of a conundrum.
If nothing changes I can se Bryne going on the summer Ireland tour and Carbery becoming Irelands forgotten man.
Go to Ulster and he will almost certainly go to the WC, stay and he could be a nobody.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 26 Apr 2018, 11:01 am

If that's what Schmidt is depending on, Byrne going on tour over the summer and Carberry buckling and accepting a move, where does that leave Ulster?

If it is and he doesn't move, it leaves Ulster yet again scrambling for a player for a crucial position and damages long term planning

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 26 Apr 2018, 11:07 am

It leaves Ulster trying to rebuild from a shambles
What we must not do is accept a make weight like Marsh
If Carbery refuses then get a NIQ player in - Christian hasn't signed up for next year yet - if Cheika doesn't want him I
understand he would be happy to sign.
Get a credible LH in for at least a year, and handle the lack of a Lock for a year the best we can.
Then come this time next year we can completely re- evaluate our NIQ contracts - Coetzee, Deysel and VdeMerwe will be out of contract.
Lets be honest next year is a rebuilding year with a string of promising youngster being tested.
As I said some will sink and some will swim.

The remains of the deadwood will be gone next summer and we will have 3 or 4 NIQ contract to spend wisely
The key to all this is the coaching appointment

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Thu 26 Apr 2018, 11:34 am

Just out of curiosity who are the available NIQ 10's better than Lealiafano?

Foley is apparently out of contract but thats a formality. He is Cheikas ten.

I think Christian brings a high calibre of person with the right attitude, international experience at two positions and a wealth of knowledge of the game. He also isnt a good enough ten that he will monopolise all the gametime. If Curtis is considered a 12 who better to learn of as well and we can help our centre issue by not constantly flogging McCloskey and starting LL outside a McPhillips or Lowry.

him and a lock would be perfect.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 26 Apr 2018, 12:13 pm

Addison will play a lot at 12 I reckon - looks his best position to me
I think Ulster are being flexible on Curtis re 10 and 12

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 26 Apr 2018, 12:46 pm

Standulstermen wrote:Just out of curiosity who are the available NIQ 10's better than Lealiafano?
Cipriani can be better but he can also be worse, the right coach could fix that but you just never know

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 26 Apr 2018, 1:13 pm

Cipriani, just what Ulster need - a 10 with a bit of a bad boy image.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Thu 26 Apr 2018, 1:18 pm

Jesus Marty, not in a million years

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 26 Apr 2018, 1:59 pm

It's alright, it was just drink driving it's acceptable sure Whistle

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 26 Apr 2018, 3:30 pm

Irish OHs abroad:

Gareth Steenson
Ian Madigan
AJ McGinty

Other guys from abroad maybe of interest:

Colin Slade Pau
Matt Toumba Leicester

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 26 Apr 2018, 3:51 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Irish OHs abroad:

Gareth Steenson
Ian Madigan
AJ McGinty

Colin Slade Pau
Matt Toumba Leicester

AJ McGinty would be a NIQ player, I'm not sure what NIQ are out there,
Lionel Cronjé was highly rated at souther Kings, Ould he be on big money in Japan?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 26 Apr 2018, 4:01 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Irish OHs abroad:

Gareth Steenson
Ian Madigan
AJ McGinty

Colin Slade Pau
Matt Toumba Leicester

Read before Hickey at Bordeaux is IQ too but he's off to Edinburgh, maybe Ulster can make them an offer. He kept Madigan out of the Bordeaux team when he was there

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 26 Apr 2018, 5:35 pm

Ulster are not in a great place but I'd rather take back James McKinney than start gazumping deals with other clubs - no one comes out of that well.

Maybe Simon Hickey has already been approached and said no? After all Ulster have needed a flyhalf since Ian Humphreys hung up his boots. so I would have expected Cunningham to be monitoring anyone remotely suitable.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Ulster Rugby 2017-2018 Part 2  - Page 8 Empty Latest Rumours

Post by howslife456 Thu 26 Apr 2018, 7:15 pm

Hey guys, I've heard rumours that if Ulster reach the Champions Cup, then the Piutau money may be forked out to buy out the second year of Pienaar's contract and sign him as a 10. Would negate foreign rule for 9s. No credible source, just word of mouth in my church

howslife456

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Thu 26 Apr 2018, 7:44 pm

Initially I thought that sounded like nonsense... but actually, considering Pienaar is 100% coming back here anyway, it's not that unbelievable. Still though, I'd be surprised to say the least. Buying out contracts is a pretty extravagant way to spend money.
Would it be the best way Ulster could spend their money?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 26 Apr 2018, 8:30 pm

Bringing Pienaar back would be madness.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Thu 26 Apr 2018, 10:20 pm

Ulster (and Ireland) wont be buying out anyones contract. They would have to buy out 2 years for Pienaar too iirc

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 26 Apr 2018, 11:21 pm

Isn’t Pienaar very religious? Would he want to go back now?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 27 Apr 2018, 12:04 am

Cyril wrote:Isn’t Pienaar very religious? Would he want to go back now?

i don't even know where to start with this comment. picard

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 27 Apr 2018, 12:16 am

Have a go Clive. Please explain how the actions and views of certain ex employees of Ulster Rugby would sit with someone of a very religious nature.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 27 Apr 2018, 12:32 am

Just grab a copy of John's gospel and learn about Ruan's religion yourself Cyril, because what you seem to think you know is entirely inaccurate I promise you that.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 27 Apr 2018, 12:47 am

Ah, if so, he’s got a lot of work to do. Good luck to the guy. I’dbe surprised if he had time for any rugby if he sticks to your scriptures though.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 27 Apr 2018, 10:26 am

Cyril wrote:Ah, if so, he’s got a lot of work to do. Good luck to the guy. I’dbe surprised if he had time for any rugby if he sticks to your scriptures though.

I'm sure you're a model human being Cyril. You must find the fallibility of human beings so disappointing given that you are so perfectly virtuous all the time.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 27 Apr 2018, 10:28 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
Cyril wrote:Ah, if so, he’s got a lot of work to do. Good luck to the guy. I’dbe surprised if he had time for any rugby if he sticks to your scriptures though.

I'm sure you're a  model human being Cyril. You must find the fallibility of human beings so disappointing given that you are so perfectly virtuous all the time.

Yeah, it's not like Ruan begged the IRFU to stay at Ulster have the guys had been arrested

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 27 Apr 2018, 11:52 am

Can we get a 4 try win over Munster without Cooney??

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 27 Apr 2018, 11:56 am

Ulster Rugby team to play Munster, Saturday 28th April at Thomond Park, kick-off 5.35pm:
(15-9): L Ludik; C Gilroy, L Marshall, S McCloskey, J Stockdale, J McPhillips, D Shanahan;
(1-8): C Black, R Best (captain), R Kane, A O'Connor, I Henderson, C Ross, S Reidy, N Timoney;
Replacements (16-23): R Herring, A Warwick, T O'Toole, K Treadwell, C Henry, P Marshall, A Curtis, T Bowe.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Apr 2018, 12:13 pm

clivemcl wrote:Can we get a 4 try win over Munster without Cooney??

Good chance!

Munster team:

Munster: Stephen Fitzgerald; Calvin Nash, Sammy Arnold, Dan Goggin, Darren Sweetnam; JJ Hanrahan, Duncan Williams; James Cronin, Mike Sherry (C), Brian Scott; Gerbrandt Grobler, Darren O’Shea; Dave O’Callaghan, Conor Oliver, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Jeremy Loughman, Stephen Archer, Jean Kleyn, Jack O’Donoghue, James Hart, Bill Johnston, Shane Daly.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Fri 27 Apr 2018, 12:37 pm

All IQ line-up from Ulster.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 27 Apr 2018, 1:03 pm

Just some facts I didn't know

Cooney is the Pro 14's top points scorer so far this season may even finish there
Cooney has 160, next best is J Evans 127 other Irish OH's Byrne 110 Keatley 98

Which goes a little with top for penalties scored as well

Also top in try assists with 10, there are a number after him with 9

Top in clean breaks

and top again in passes

That shows just how good he has been this season. In a terrible year for Ulster rugby he is the leagues top:
Points scorer (and penalties scored)
Try assists
Clean Breaks
Passes

https://www.pro14rugby.org/powered-by-opta/

Piutau adds top in carriers and defenders better meaning Ulster top 7 of the 15 best stats.

Of the 15 top stats Cooney is top in 5 of them and must be in the running for Pro 14 player of the season. Not just in the running but must be favourite.

I knew he was having a great season, and was disappointed he missed a call up in the 6 nations.
I didn't (and think maybe some other until they look at the stats) realise just how good he has been.

Pienaar who? lol

It couldn't be justified him not starting the summer tour if Murray is rested. Clearly Irelands second best SH by a mile.

Those stats playing behind a pack has mostly been powderpuff and going backwards, mind-blowing.
How Mcgrath or Marimon can be even considered ahead of him is ridiculous.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Fri 27 Apr 2018, 1:24 pm

Problem is he is more or less the same age as Murray so not really a prospect at this stage. Good player though.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 27 Apr 2018, 2:16 pm

Ulster also top in clean breaks made by teams with 206 so maybe Peels not that bad after all?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Fri 27 Apr 2018, 2:40 pm

marty2086 wrote:Ulster also top in clean breaks made by teams with 206 so maybe Peels not that bad after all?

I rate peel a lot. The Bristol team that got relegated 2 seasons ago were very impressive going forward, but we're let down by the pack. I think just like Gibbs he was massively hamstrung by kiss' tactics.
The last few weeks has shown we are playing a lot more heads up not just gone way then the other and repeat

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next