The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Takeover results - obviously spoilers

+2
Marky
Good Golly I'm Olly
6 posters

Go down

Takeover results - obviously spoilers Empty Takeover results - obviously spoilers

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 08 Apr 2018, 8:25 am

Best Takeover ever. Gargano/Ciampa might be the most invested I’ve ever been in a match and best told match since HBK/Taker at WM26. The ladder match was insane, Roderick Strong’s turn and joining the Undisputed Era, Black winning the title in a great match and Shayna vs Ember was good too.

Wow. Go to the network, watch it immediately.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Takeover results - obviously spoilers Empty Re: Takeover results - obviously spoilers

Post by Marky Sun 08 Apr 2018, 11:06 am

My first response to the Roderick Strong turn was that it was stupid, the insults from Undisputed Era were that he couldn't get it done in big matches, so he waits until he was about to finally win a big match, and turns on his partner to join the Undisputed Era.

Makes no sense really.

But on the plus side, Undisputed Era had to win that match, gives them a 3rd active member while Bobby Fish recovers, and who knows, maybe Pete Dunne gets revenge with a little British Strong Style...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Takeover results - obviously spoilers Empty Re: Takeover results - obviously spoilers

Post by Samo Sun 08 Apr 2018, 1:25 pm

Possibly the best Takeover ever. Its refreshing to see a crowd get behind a proper face vs heel dynamic, and not face vs cool heel we usually get.

I dont think any one match was better than Gargano vs Almas but it was a much better card top to bottom.

Undisputed Era vs British Strong Style yes please.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Sun 08 Apr 2018, 3:00 pm

Ciampa's entrance is great on its own. I hope he enjoyed the heat he was getting

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 08 Apr 2018, 4:46 pm

Weird they're trying to push Dunne as a face, the boy looks like a muscular Draco Malfoy

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Sun 08 Apr 2018, 4:52 pm

Because he's been getting crowd reactions of a face

He's not a heel in a conniving way as Regal pulled off

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Apr 2018, 5:08 pm

That's by far the best ladder match I've seen. Amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 08 Apr 2018, 7:23 pm

Bit of an irrelevant Axxess spoiler, but backs up what we seem to all agree on.

Spoiler:

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Sun 08 Apr 2018, 7:54 pm

i could not be more erect

my fear is it wont be on a takeover though

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 09 Apr 2018, 2:57 pm

That ladder match and the prospect of BSS made me very happy

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 13 Apr 2018, 11:55 am

Both the ladder match and Gargano vs Ciampa have been given 5 stars by Meltzer.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 13 Apr 2018, 12:08 pm

Samo wrote:Both the ladder match and Gargano vs Ciampa have been given 5 stars by Meltzer.

But if they happened in the Tokyo Dome....

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 13 Apr 2018, 12:15 pm

As good as they both were, they weren't as good as Gargano v Almas, so I don't get the 5* ratings.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 13 Apr 2018, 3:39 pm

Marky wrote:As good as they both were, they weren't as good as Gargano v Almas, so I don't get the 5* ratings.

Dave really loves ladder matches, I went **** on it myself, haven't seen the main event yet to comment, I've always felt bad for Dave though, his star ratings were essential in the days of tape trading, particularly with Japanese stuff, where a lot more effort was required to acquire matches you'd want to know they were worth your time

Nowadays you can watch whatever you want at the click of a button, and wrestling media has expanded to an enormous degree, Dave's star ratings should be taken as just the opinion of one 50 year old man

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 13 Apr 2018, 5:33 pm

I preferred both to Gargano/Almas, but that might be cos I knew the result of that one.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Fri 13 Apr 2018, 7:38 pm

i found Ciampa and Gargano tough viewing for the first 20 mins or so as they wouldnt stick the to bloody ring (edit lo and behold Corny agrees with me here). Ive always hated fighting at ringside or in stands, out in the back is fine as the cameras tend to follow it better. Ending so good though

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 13 Apr 2018, 8:48 pm

Cant remember who said it but it always sticks in my mind: “if your heel takes a powerbomb on the concrete and the crowd chant “you deserve it” you’ve done something right’.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Fri 13 Apr 2018, 9:15 pm

They chanted similar at Steph didnt they when she had her arm barred to oblivion

She's had like 5 years of build up as a heel though before she got comeuppance tbf

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down