The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

3 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 10 Empty The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke Sun 08 Apr 2018, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just for you Beast.

Things going well on and off the pitch, promotion back up to the Championship hopefully.

And stupids rows with Workington what else could you want.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by The Beast Sun 11 Sep 2022, 1:13 pm

Hot off the press Tom Holmes confirmed on a 2 year deal, excellent signing. I think one of Jordan Lilly/Dec Patton will leave, maybe both.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by The Beast Sat 17 Sep 2022, 5:00 pm

well it's the off season but somehow there is still "drama" at Bradford???

1, CEO Jason Hirst takes an obvious swipe at former Coach John Kear Jason Hirst

2, a rebuttal from Outgoing Captain Steve Crossley Steve Crossley

Sigh..............

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 20 Sep 2022, 1:57 pm

Bad News

Tom Doyle leaves and joins Keighley.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 22 Sep 2022, 7:31 pm

Luke wrote:Bad News

Tom Doyle leaves and joins Keighley.

Yep, this has been clear for some time, I am surprised that he is not SL bound however. An excellent prospect, I am assuming Keighley have offered some serious money. Good luck to him.

Meanwhile George Flanagan Sr. & Dee Foggin-Johnston have signed extensions and will be at the club in 2023.

There is of course potential news on the stadium, it strikes me as potential, come back to that later. The City has already been burned by the loss of the HS2 line, not getting my hopes up.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 20 Oct 2022, 7:53 pm

Two signing annoucements;

Jack Walker signs from Leeds on a one year deal - excellent signing IMO

Dalton Desmond-Walker signs from Keighley. Played in the Bulls reserve team last year, thought to be initially a "squad" player with an opportunity to impress.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 27 Oct 2022, 6:57 pm

Bodene Thompson has signed feom Leeds.

This is a good signing in my opinion.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 30 Oct 2022, 3:20 pm

Luke wrote:Bodene Thompson has signed feom Leeds.

This is a good signing in my opinion.

No argument from me on that Luke. I read the rumour and thought in honesty I would be more likely to see a Unicorn. On the downside Elliot Kear has gone to Batley. I would imagine Billy Jowitt will cover for Jack Walker.

Lee Greenwood has been named as Assistant Coach

More rumours of a new prop being announced this week/at the fans forum the following Monday. On the whole a decent squad is being assembled.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 08 Nov 2022, 6:40 pm

Centre Max Clarke has signed for the Bulls. They say due diligence has been done but it is initially a short term contract. I am not the sharpest knife in the draw but those two statements don't add up.

Rhys Evans has announced his retirement. Good luck and best wishes to him after an excellent career.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 18 Nov 2022, 6:21 am

Micheal Lawrence has joined on a 2 year deal from Huddersfield.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 20 Nov 2022, 1:25 pm

Luke wrote:Micheal Lawrence has joined on a 2 year deal from Huddersfield.

Yes, another good signing IMO, arguably the most impressive to date.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 27 Nov 2022, 5:08 pm

Suprisingly to me at least in the outside.

Steve Crossley and Sam Hallas have gone to Hunslet. Crossley less so as never bwen impressed, but Hallas going certainly is.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 29 Nov 2022, 7:12 pm

IMO they have both been great for the club in the last couple of years (with a caveat).

Hallas with the greatest respect is possibly not the most talented player however to his immense credit has over-achieved through hard work and basically grit, much better at LF than hooker for me. I think I recall talk of him going to Australia which fell through, I am a bit surprised to see him dropping down to League 1.

Steve Crossley, immense at times and a great captain but like a few struggled this year. Reports of Covid being a factor but he has been exposed around the ruck increasingly and whilst disappointed to see him go particularly with some harsh words between him and the club it might be the right time.

Good luck and best wishes to both.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 24 Dec 2022, 12:41 pm

Bradford announce that the Club Captain for 2023 will be Michael Lawrence with Bodene Thompson as vice-captain.

George Flanagan Junior has signed for Huddersfield Giants for the 2024 season.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 01 Jan 2023, 8:20 pm

Joe Arundel has signed a one year deal with the Bulls for 2023. Good signing IMO.

Desmond Dalton Walker has left to return to Australia before the season has started, compassionate grounds being cited.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 15 Jan 2023, 9:26 am

Club announce that SR Sam Scott has retired from the game. Best wishes for his future, sorry Bulls fans didn't get to see more game time.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 06 Feb 2023, 11:52 am

Bulls sign prop Josh Johnson from Widnes on a 2 year deal. Tough, hard working forward just what is needed.

Keven Appo (PNG) second row's Visa has finally come through and is on his way.

Solid if unspectacular win v Whitehaven yesterday, however haven't been beaten by them on their previous visits a decent result. The big downside being Jack Walker lasting less than 4 minutes on debut, hopefully nothing too serious.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 18 Feb 2023, 2:30 pm

Dreadful performance v York on Monday. Take nothing away from the Knights took the chances they were given but there were a lot 8 dropped balls on the first tackle???? Not going to win many games doing that.

Widnes at Odsal Sunday which I was hoping to go to but now cannot do so. Important game against a side who have started their season very well.

Masi Matongo has signed having been receiving medical assistance and training with the club. I expect he will play on Sunday as Michael Lawrence is out.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 25 Feb 2023, 3:11 pm

Having beaten Widnes with a last minute try, a great result beating Toulouse. I think Toulouse to some extend may have lost the game as Bradford did at York.

Masi Matongo having been forced off after 25 mins of his debut v Widnes with a dislocated shoulder looks like he might be out for some time on the basis it required surgery.

Featherstone away next. Not much to say a free hit in honesty.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 25 Mar 2023, 3:49 pm

Great result v Sheffield last week thanks to a quick start and leading 20 - 0.

Tough local derby tomorrow at big spending Keighley. No pre-season major signings, Michael Lawrence (Hamstring), Bodene Thompson (Concussion) or Jack Walker (Hamstring) for at least 4 weeks.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 02 Apr 2023, 4:53 pm

After nothing short of a horror show at Keighley last week that included 17 errors and more penalties than I care to recall after a slow start a young Bulls team did as expected and beat the Midlands Hurricanes 66 - 18 to set up a 6th round match at Halifax who beat Barrow.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 07 Apr 2023, 5:44 pm

Halifax away on Monday night which will be a tough game. Still without Walker/Thompson & Lawrence and a couple of suspensions from the Keighley debacle. The club have however completed loan deals for Jack Bibby (Giants) and Rob Butler (Trinity), I think they wanted Butler on a permanent deal (no chance with Bibby) but he is reported very keen to remain in SL. A lot of chopping and changing but to be fair you can say the same for a number of clubs.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 15 Apr 2023, 9:42 am

Very good win at Fax on Monday night, impressive completion rate despite torrential rain.

Leeds have an excellent prospect in Sam Walters, could the Rugby gods please arrange for James Donaldson to return to Odsal on a permanent deal.

Good win, I have to say the No. of season long/short term loans/DR for me is.......uncomfortable. Pleased to see that this weeks' squad for the Batley game (difficult with such a short turn round) is more "balanced".

Club announcement at 10am (18 mins)???

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 15 Apr 2023, 10:07 am

And the announcement is..........there is a new Mascot.........

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 29 Apr 2023, 10:05 am

I am not too bothered about the cup but a horrible insipid display v Fax last weekend. Great to see Jack Walker back and Tom Holmes at half-back......for less than 10 mins when the latter was forced off with a knee injury, a kick in the teeth.

I see Fax have drawn Saints at home in the next round, congratulations to them, what could have been.

Connor Wynne and Jason Qareqare have joined on a season's loan. Hopefully that will bring some stability as it's anyone guess who will play week to week and must be very hard to coach.

Next 5 games are crucial IMO as they are no teams below the Bulls in the table, ideally win all but 4 from 5 essential.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 03 May 2023, 6:59 pm

More importantly than the above is that news on the review of the Academy status is due. i have everything crossed that elite status is confirmed.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 06 May 2023, 12:10 pm

what's AJ Wallace like? As its rumoured we've signed him from mext season.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 06 May 2023, 4:58 pm

Luke wrote:what's AJ Wallace like? As its rumoured we've signed him from mext season.

He has had a few injury issues this year but generally he MIGHT lack a bit of size BUT a great engine and runs a very good powerful line. He has was lined up for Hull FC for this year but that fell through and signed another year with Bradford, no-one will be surprised to see him in SL next year.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 06 May 2023, 5:02 pm

As usual good/bad news.

Jason Baiteri signs for the rest of the season (subject to clearance), I not sure however when he arrives from France, otherwise a very good addition.

Connor Wynne who joined on loan from Hull FC is injured, as is Tom Holmes, Michael Lawrence, Bodene Thompson, Ben Blackmore, Kevin Oppo and Joe Arundel.

IMO, very important round of fixtures coming up starting with Barrow away on Sunday, frankly a must win.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 07 May 2023, 8:35 pm

"IMO, very important round of fixtures coming up starting with Barrow away on Sunday, frankly a must win."

FORTY SIX - TWELVE................46 - 12. FORTY TWO IN THE SECOND HALF........Heads have to roll.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 08 May 2023, 5:26 pm

Well one head has rolled.

Mark Dunning leaves his coaching role by "mutual consent", leaving assistant Lee Greenwood.

I am not massively surprised but like most of these coaching changes the players really have let him down.

New signings on the horizon including James Segeyaro + one other rumoured to be announced.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 11 May 2023, 8:18 pm

After a grim week for the club, great news at Elite Academy Status has been confirmed. Controversially IMO this could be at least as important as anything that happens on the pitch this season, particularly with a view to the IMG proposals,

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 30 May 2023, 9:42 am

After an awful start the Bulls score a good and timely win v Keighley. Hammered by them a few weeks ago, good turn round from that and being 12 - 0 down after 10 mins.

Newcastle away on Friday, thrashed their last year, another measure of revenge would be good. Michael Lawrence, Joe Arundel not far away from returning. I am assuming Jason Baiteri will be with the club soon as the French season has ended, meanwhile Jason Qareqare and Jack Bibby have returned to their parent clubs.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 01 Jun 2023, 5:42 pm

Leigh Beattie has resigned his position as Academy/Reserve team coach. I suspect he will land with the Midland Hurricanes with Mark Dunning. Best wishes to him, he has filled multiple coaching positions at Bradford, some at the same time and deserves every success.

Nathan Mason has fractured his arm and returned to Huddersfield to recover.

Newcastle tomorrow night, a bit like Barrow they have won one game but are showing signs of improvement including pushing Sheffield very hard at the bash. A tough game against a side who hammered the Bulls last year.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 02 Jun 2023, 2:20 pm

Bulls confirm Jack Walker has activated a clause in his contract and will move to Hull KR with immediate effect.

I don't blame him but what a total waste of time and effort to get him fit. He could play in not needed for KR but frankly this makes no sense given the recent comments made by interim coach Lee Greenwood on the difficulties fielding half a team of loan/dual reg players.

Very hard to be coach at Bradford probably more time guessing who will play rather than coaching structures/set plays.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 03 Jun 2023, 11:08 am

Listened to the game via Radio commentary. Pleased the Bulls got the win, on fire for 20 minutes followed by a solid hour of errors, penalties etc (Jack Walker, very inconsistent) thankfully the start and solid finish getting the job done.

Club announce that James Segeyaro has joined on a permanent deal..............permanent to the end of the season at least.

London at home next. They are improving, I was going to say it won't be easy but this team is seemingly incapable of winning easily!

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 07 Jun 2023, 4:17 pm

I know Greenwood has ruled himself out, any idea who/when you'll be getting a coach.

Also agree about loan/duel reg. You need a set amount of players, and loan/duel reg used as a back up. Bradford seem to be doing it the other way round.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 08 Jun 2023, 8:33 pm

There are rumours that the announcement will be in the next few days however Greenwood will be leading the side on Sunday for the London game.

Some names have been banded around as usual including Willie Poching.

Bodene Thompson looks to be leaving the club to return home.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 20 Jun 2023, 6:47 pm

Very entertaining draw v Fax on Sunday, the latter ruing a moment of madness given the Bulls a late penalty.

Lee Gaskell has joined the club following his release from Wakefield signing a contract to the end of 2024. This does beg the question, will Patton/Lilly/Holmes be leaving?

The club announce amid reports that former Newcastle Head Coach Eamonn O'Carroll is taking the job that Lee Greenwood & Brian Noble will continue their joint head coach role to the end of the season.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 30 Jun 2023, 7:49 pm

Well an interesting few days.

1, thrashed in Toulouse, no real surprise in the heat and losing two forwards to injury in the first 25 minutes and having another one sent off really makes it hard.

2, Jorge Taufua has signed following his release from Waekfield

3, Joh Johnson has been released to take an off-field position and play closer to home with Oldham

4, Bodene Thompson plays his last game v Keighley on Sunday before returning to NZ

5, Fenton Rogers season long loan deal has ended as he has been recalled by Huddersfield.

6, Some outstanding news as Keiron Gill signs a three year extension.

7, Jason Baitieri who signed a few weeks ago should apparently be heading over from France having recovered from injury next week.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 09 Jul 2023, 4:34 pm

Academy product Jayden Myers has signed a new two year contract. He has already played a couple of first team games and looks to be a good prospect.

Huge win v Keighley who were in truth were very poor.

Widnes and then Whitehaven away, banana skins x 2. Both very important to win to cement a play-off place.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 11 Jul 2023, 6:45 pm

I was "lucky" enough to see the Widnes game on TV last night. Frankly a dreadful performance and very frustrating given that a win would have put the Bulls in great shape to cement top 6 and maybe even push for top 4.

Multiple errors, penalties, crazy plays very much "after the Lord Mayors Show" following the hammering of Keighley. It looked very much like they expected Widnes to roll over who to their credit, ran, tackled harder and were much more disciplined.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 19 Jul 2023, 5:30 pm

Strange performance on Sunday at Whitehaven. It is never easy in Cumbria but they were depleted following their off-field issues.

First...20 - 30 minutes was at least as bad as Widnes, second half they actually played, not trying to score off every play. 12 - 0 and 18 - 6 to 18 - 44

Daniel Okoro has joined for the rest of the season on loan from Hull KR. Interesting to see how he goes and hopefully more impact that he had at Newcastle.

Jansin Tugut has left the club and retired from the game to take up an opportunity elsewhere. A remarkable come back following a terrible incident a few years ago, I wish him well.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 19 Jul 2023, 9:28 pm

The Bulls have announced that former Newcastle Head Coach and current Catalans Assistant Eamon Carroll will be the new Head Coach on a three year contract from 2024.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 20 Jul 2023, 1:29 pm

Memory like a sieve this week.

Academy Stand off Myles Lawford has decided not to take up a contract offer with the Bulls and will be signing for an unnamed SL club for next season. Looks an excellent prospect but the club will receive compensation at least. Good luck to Myles, best wishes for the future.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 26 Jul 2023, 8:05 pm

A fans forum was held last night. IMG proposals were presented and where the club feels it might be able to improve.

Jordan Baldwinson has had surgery on his knee following the Toulouse game and will be out for the season. Big blow as he IMO has been the most consistent Prop and plays long minutes.

Fenton Rogers has returned back to Bradford. He was on a season long loan but briefly recalled to Huddersfield during an injury crisis. Good news particularly in relation to the Jordan Baldwinson situation.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 01 Aug 2023, 9:04 pm

Really, really poor performance v Barrow, the visitors good value for their win and good luck to them.

Bradford............I am really not sure, errors and penalties were just ridiculous, several for dissent which is simply not good enough. A win would have put them in good position to challenge for a top 4 but no, dragged into a battle to make the playoffs full stop.

On the plus side Ebon Scurr has signed a two year extension. One player who turned up ready to play last night, some others not so much.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 06 Aug 2023, 8:10 am

Batley away this afternoon. Not expecting much from it other than a pretty good hiding. If they concede 15+ penalties/re-starts a very good hiding.

Meanwhile the club signs Eribe Doro following his release from Halifax until the end of the season.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 07 Aug 2023, 8:22 pm

Well if you had said 42 - 6 I know which way I thought it would go.

Perhaps Batley had Wembley in mind next Saturday but a massive turn around from Monday night's dreadful performance, very very well played.

Jordan Lilley who has played at hooker most of the season preferred in the halves to Dec Patton, might be hard for the latter to get back in

Brad Foster has left to pursue other opportunities.

Great news, Jordan Lilley has signed a three year contract extension.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 17 Aug 2023, 8:28 pm

Jordan Baldwinson has signed a one year extension. I see the club are looking at this issue, too much player turn over, too many one year (or less) contracts.

Jorge Taufau has been banned for six games for an alleged bite.

James Segyaro will miss the rest of season due to a knee injury following an alleged hip drop tackle.

Newcastle Home on Sunday, no doubt a must win.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 26 Aug 2023, 10:45 am

Scratchy win over Newcastle on Sunday but at this stage I guess a win is a win. Up to 3rd (not quite sure how) and away at Swinton tomorrow which has always been a tough battle but again IMO a must win with a tough run in including Fev (H), Sheffield (A), York (H) and London (A)

Jorge Taufau has had his appeal against a six match ban turned down, prompting quite a critical response from the club.

Brad England has signed a one year extension, Dee Foggin-Johnson will leave for Keighley at the end of the season.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next