The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

3 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 3 Empty The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke Sun 08 Apr 2018, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just for you Beast.

Things going well on and off the pitch, promotion back up to the Championship hopefully.

And stupids rows with Workington what else could you want.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke Mon 20 May 2019, 11:03 pm

I'm surprised where Halifax are, more than decent squad. And I would argue one if the top 4 teams in that division. Especially if you factor in there history. So no disgrace losing, and perhaps the loss will refocus you on what's more important after last week's win.

Totally agree about Chisholm, that can't be the only/main reason.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by The Beast Sun 26 May 2019, 6:55 am

No disgrace losing to Fax, they are decent. Crazy as it sounds I am happy where the Bulls are, playoffs I think are a just out of reach but the club appears to be stable.

Chisholm has made some comments here https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/dane-chisholm-explains-bradford-exit-as-he-prepares-to-play-against-them/

IMO his frustration jumps off the page, I suspect he will be on fire this afternoon in what could be an uncomfortable game for Bulls fans v an on-fire Fev side.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 27 May 2019, 8:05 am

Well that was a strange one. Bulls had a bit of a nightmre leading up to the game losing 4 players late last week/Saturday e.g. Rowan Milnes & Jake Webster then prop Ross Peltier was taken ill an hour before kick off leaving Alix Stephenson, Academy Full Back to take this place. Then despite losing James Green to injury (could be 4 - 6 weeks out) they battled very hard for an hour. The last 25 minutes however the wheels completely fell off conceding 32 points in the process, Kear saying they had "given up". Bad bad day prior to the Cup QF next week.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 29 May 2019, 8:28 pm

From what I've read, there was also some strange team selections.
But in fairness, this was a game you were always going to lose as Fev away is a tough place to go with your strongest team, so injuries make it nearly impossible.
And Chisholm was always going to have a big say in this game.
The plus side this weekend is you've played Halifax a more than a few times. So know what to expect, the downside is you don't have that greater record against them, and what awaits the winners is motivation for both sides.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 30 May 2019, 8:52 am

Jordan Lilley is an excellent signing by the Bulls and in my opinion wasn't give a fair go at Leeds
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/bradford-bulls-coach-john-kear-over-the-moon-to-sign-jordan-lilley-on-permanent-contract-1-9794773

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 02 Jun 2019, 12:17 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:Jordan Lilley is an excellent signing by the Bulls and in my opinion wasn't give a fair go at Leeds
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/bradford-bulls-coach-john-kear-over-the-moon-to-sign-jordan-lilley-on-permanent-contract-1-9794773

100% agree. Really positive signing for the club after Chisholm's departure which frankly I am unsure about.

I thought some were over critical of Leeds announcing his departure prior the CC game, there is a requirement to do so on that date. Jordan Lilley I am sure is smart enough to know that when they sent him on loan for the remainder of his 18 month contract he wouldn't be going back.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 04 Jun 2019, 10:49 pm

Gutted for you.

But if I'm honest didn't think you deserved to win. Attacking wise you were very dull, and why you let Murrell dictate the play like that was beyond me.
But a fantastic achievement to get there.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 09 Jun 2019, 10:40 am

Luke wrote:Gutted for you.

But if I'm honest didn't think you deserved to win. Attacking wise you were very dull, and why you let Murrell dictate the play like that was beyond me.
But a fantastic achievement to get there.

No complaints tight game, Fax and Murrell usually play well against Bradford and created more chances. Bulls attacking play is indeed very basic and that was with 4 recognised half-backs, with Milnes out for 6-8 weeks there is only Jordan Lilley left albeit Joe Keyes who has been out all year with a potentially career ending back problem is now training.

Important game today v Batley which will not be easy with so few attacking options. Important as the season could fall away unless they pick up some points very soon.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 09 Jun 2019, 10:50 am

Bradford did field basically a U20 (10 made their first team debut) side at Barrow in the 1895 cup, losing at Barrow. The scoreline went away in the second half as they tired and ran out of interchange bench but plenty of good signs of young players coming through.

Bad news as Joe Brown (former Academy player, Full Back) has re-signed from Wigan and on debut was one of the players carried off - very frustrating.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 09 Jun 2019, 2:23 pm

Heard 1st half you more than matched Barrow. They just upped there pace, and that with the injuries are more what lead to the blow out score.

Just out of interest, how do you think Kear's doing?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 13 Jun 2019, 7:13 pm

Excellent news that Joe Keyes came through last nights' reserve game v Keightley.

In my mind Kear is exactly the man the club needed from League 1. He has contributed towards steadying the ship and made the team on the whole difficult to beat, defence is a massive improvement.

I am however hoping that the next stage (realistically next season) will be to add that next layer and improve the attacking play which at times is painful to watch.

During the Barrow (Our League App) commentary Leon Pryce summed it by saying it is like they are setting up for a play........but don't actually run it.....rinse/repeat.....

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 14 Jun 2019, 1:12 pm

Next season could be the big year with regards Kear in my mind. If London do go down, and with the rumours of how many players are leaving them. They will be in rebuild mode at the start. So Bradford should be looking at getting into the play offs, it challenging strongly for the play offs.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 18 Jun 2019, 6:08 pm

Difficult to find the words to describe Bradford conceding 50 at Leigh. They did play some better rugby ball in hand however dropped the ball in the act of scoring TWICE and bombed 2 other clear cut chances. Then at 30 - 14 down waved the white flag and Leigh helped themselves. Yes they were the better side but that was very poor.

Halifax on Sunday now a must win to even be in the discussion for top 5.

I thought Leigh were very good (Josh Woods a stand out) however their discipline was very poor, having a player sin-binned have conceded a clear ruck penalty then talking back to the referee (Ben Thaler) madness. I see them making the 5 and along with Fev being a threat.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 19 Jun 2019, 1:39 pm

Personally I think you can still get there, but it's going to be difficult as Toronto, Toulouse and Fev are probably already there barring amazing collapses. As o it's between you,Halifax,York and Leigh. And you'd have to go with Leigh and York at the moment. But regardless if you getting in or not, it's been a good season for you. And a stepping block.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 23 Jun 2019, 7:47 am

Yes, it has been a good season and to be honest i have always thought top 5 is too soon for this group however it would be a shame to see the rest of the season fizzle out which it might if they lose today.

There has been a sickness bug through the squad so no Matty Wildie today and Foggin-Johnston is injured however we might have Keyes and Jy Hitchcox back which will be a bonus. To the best of my knowledge Fax also have players missing however however somehow they have Mitch Clark on loan who seems to have played for everyone this year except his own club..........for that matter I am not sure who he is actually employed by! Either way I'd like him in my team.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 23 Jun 2019, 7:49 am

Just to add today's game is available on the Our League website which is how I will being hopefully seeing it if I can get some work done, note to self get on with it!

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 23 Jun 2019, 4:53 pm

Desperate for the win and a win it is but wow they made hard work of that, 24 - 8 up 15 minutes to go and today's massive brain fade comes from George Flanagan sin-binned for a stupid needless trip. 10 minutes and two Fax tries later it is 24 - 20, thankfully Bulls clinging on to the lead.

On the positive side Keyes and IMO Hitchcox made a big difference today.

With respect to Barrow (who despite their position are no push over), stunned that Fev were well beaten by them today at home.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 23 Jun 2019, 11:10 pm

From the sounds of it, you definitely should have won it more easily. But a wins a win at the end of the day.

Barrow have been on a good run since beating you in the 1895 thing. So I think it's more the score line then Barrow winning, they're one if those sides that are capable of doing that every now and then. Toulouse losing 2 on the bounce, though they made Toronto work.

Trouble is Toronto, with the squad they've gotand other advantages are just running away with it again. Take them out and the division would be an excellent compition. Though I do wonder if they fail to go up, how that will affect them next year.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 25 Jun 2019, 8:22 pm

Super League needs a strong Bradford team on and off the field of play.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 25 Jun 2019, 8:23 pm

Super League needs a strong Bradford team on and off the field of play.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 30 Jun 2019, 9:01 am

Widnes at home today which again for me is a must win. This week's crocked list stars Matty Wildie (back), Foggin-Johnson (knee) and captain Steve Crossley (Chest) not having much luck with injuries, James Green, Rowan Milnes, Rhys Evans still some way away.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 30 Jun 2019, 7:04 pm

Well I wasn't expecting 62 - 0, listened to radio commentary Widnes were awful, Bradford very good. Not sure if it is that they played in 1895 cup or that the news (Discussion thread) has affected them but relegation is becoming a possibility.

Important win for Bradford, Toulouse away next week where will really will need to step up to get anything. Should have Crossley & Wildie back but Ross Peltier went off with an ankle injury this afternoon.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 01 Jul 2019, 3:06 am

Agreed.
Thought it would have been a much closer game than that. It's a great result for Bradford, and given other results required in the play offs race.

Barrow have definitely been relegated given that they were deducted 29points for there transgressions last year. Think Widnes will just have enough, hope so anyway given what there fans have been through the last year or so.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 01 Jul 2019, 9:50 pm

29 points!! I have not seen that must have been some serious transgressions?

That will help Widnes as Rochdale look doomed. Widnes have the players but no squad depth but they were terrible at Odsal yesterday.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 07 Jul 2019, 6:05 am

Stunning result yesterday at Toulouse, game played in 4 quarters due the weather. Bulls doing themselves and Leigh, Fev, Sheffield and York (now 2nd) a massive favour. Aside from the Leeds cup game best performance of the season by some distance. After the Fev meltdown if someone had said they would beat Fax, Widnes (by 60+) and Toulouse I would be booking them a Dr's appointment.

Big game today, Fev v Leigh, sad that it is not televised.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 07 Jul 2019, 7:59 am

Brilliant result and performance. Probably the best all season. Didn't expect you to win, but no denying that was great. Now if you can continue you might get into the play offs.
Never got sky's attitude to the championship. They should at least our on a highlights program, extended on 1 match the tried of all the others. It's not like it's ramed full of interesting sports programs during the summer anyway.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 12 Jul 2019, 8:28 am

Luke wrote:Brilliant result and performance. Probably the best all season. Didn't expect you to win, but no denying that was great. Now if you can continue you might get into the play offs.
Never got sky's attitude to the championship. They should at least our on a highlights program, extended on 1 match the tried of all the others. It's not like it's ramed full of interesting sports programs during the summer anyway.
Bradford have found their mojo again after a slight lapse in form.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 20 Jul 2019, 10:01 am

Pretty dismal display last Sunday, taking nothing away from Swinton who very much deserved to win but Bradford looked flat, defence non-existent. Lucky to get the draw.

I have always thought that the playoffs are a step too far and might need to win all of the last six games. Given that it is York away on Sunday and soon thereafter Toronto at home this seems fanciful to me. Still a lot more positives than negatives so far this season.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 20 Jul 2019, 11:25 am

The Beast wrote:Pretty dismal display last Sunday,  taking nothing away from Swinton who very much deserved to win but Bradford looked flat, defence non-existent.  Lucky to get the draw.

I have always thought that the playoffs are a step too far and might need to win all of the last six games.  Given that it is York away on Sunday and soon thereafter Toronto at home this seems fanciful to me.  Still a lot more positives than negatives so far this season.
I expected a close game and expected a Bradford victory

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 20 Jul 2019, 12:06 pm

To be fair, the play offs were always a hope. The main thing was to establish yourself in the division this year, and better it next year. And you've more than done that.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 21 Jul 2019, 9:46 am

I digress slightly, but i didn't see the Toulouse hammering of Sheffield happening.
Not sure what the situation is with Toulouse as i heard last year they didn't want promotion to Super League As they felt they weren't ready on and off for the pitch or Super League
Does anybody know if that has changed?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 21 Jul 2019, 5:11 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:I digress slightly, but i didn't see the Toulouse hammering of Sheffield happening.
Not sure what the situation is with Toulouse as i heard last year they didn't want promotion to Super League As they felt they weren't ready on and off for the pitch or Super League

I have not seen anything this year, The Featherstone (aka Leeds reserves) Chairman has commented that they would face serious challenges if promoted but London have again today proved that you can win in SL and I think there are clear signs that the gap is closing.

Bradford's season looks to be nearly over, losing a tight game 25 - 24 at York thanks to a late drop goal (just prior to Bradford's drop goal hitting the post). I do agree I always thought the play-offs might be a year too soon.

Potential issues on the horizon with Chair Andrew Chalmers saying if the Odsal lease issues are not resolved they might look to play elsewhere next season.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 21 Jul 2019, 6:03 pm

The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:I digress slightly, but i didn't see the Toulouse hammering of Sheffield happening.

I have not seen anything this year, The Featherstone (aka Leeds reserves) Chairman has commented that they would face serious challenges if promoted but London have again today proved that you can win in SL and I think there are clear signs that the gap is closing.

Bradford's season looks to be nearly over, losing a tight game 25 - 24 at York thanks to a late drop goal (just prior to Bradford's drop goal hitting the post). I do agree I always thought the play-offs might be a year too soon.

Potential issues on the horizon with Chair Andrew Chalmers saying if the Odsal lease issues are not resolved they might look to play elsewhere next season.
Well said Mick.
What is the issue with the Odsal lease? as it my understanding that the RFL took it over from the Bulls when the Bulls didn't have the money to keep paying it>

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 25 Jul 2019, 8:26 pm

You are indeed correct George, the council owns the land and the RFL purchased the head lease. To the best of my knowledge (admittedly not that much) the Bulls are required to pay x to at least one of those parties and basic maintenance.

There is much speculation (which could fill umpteen pages) concerning the Lease and the period to which Rugby has be played at Odsal which as far as I know is coming to expiry.

Andrew Chalmers' thought can be read here (first 2 paragraphs) https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/53104/-its-possible-we-might-not-play-at-odsal-next-season

As I have mentioned several times I live some distance from Odsal and I don't go anything like as much as I would like. When I go however it feels completely.........right. That said whilst it does not bother me at all there is an obvious need for a major overhaul and the decisions taken in the next part of the process will have long term ramifications for the club one way or the other.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 26 Jul 2019, 7:28 pm

The Beast wrote:You are indeed correct George, the council owns the land and the RFL purchased the head lease.  To the best of my knowledge (admittedly not that much) the Bulls are required to pay x to at least one of those parties and basic maintenance.

There is much speculation (which could fill umpteen pages) concerning the Lease and the period to which Rugby has be played at Odsal which as far as I know is coming to expiry.

Andrew Chalmers' thought can be read here (first 2 paragraphs) https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/53104/-its-possible-we-might-not-play-at-odsal-next-season

As I have mentioned several times I live some distance from Odsal and I don't go anything like as much as I would like. When I go however it feels completely.........right.  That said whilst it does not bother me at all there is an obvious need for a major overhaul and the decisions taken in the next part of the process will have long term ramifications for the club one way or the other.
There was a rumour going around just after the RFL purchased the lease that the RFL were actually going to try to buy Odsal lock stock and barrel and move there from Red Hall, but that's not going to happen now.
The rumour said that the whole ground and offices there was going to a renovated and the RFL were looking to play CC semi finals there and internationals, and off course the Bulls were still going to play of there as well with money from the EU, but i stress just a rumour

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 03 Aug 2019, 8:20 am

Well quite the week at Bradford but no in a good way. CCJ's non payment of ticket sales to other clubs. I can only hope this is a glitch.

What clearly is not a glitch are the stadium issues which Andrew Chalmers explains is dragging the club down. As I have ssid I love being at Odsal but as it stands staying might risk the club.

Chalmers Statement

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 04 Aug 2019, 9:48 pm

It's been a bad week with the off field issues, not just the above but not paying creditors and being blocked from signing a player.
Hopefully you can put it all behind you, and move on.
As for today, apparently very good in the first half. Poor in the second.
From reading on fan sites, seems you have alot if dead wood.get rid of them, and bring in a few better players (Ryan Shaw's available 😚). And think your in with a good shot of at least a play off place next year.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 05 Aug 2019, 6:42 pm

It was a good performance yesterday, the 15 minutes after h/t killed it but they are a SL in all but name so no complaints.

Ryan going to KR so I would take Shaw no problem. Some rumours about Jodie Broughton who is changing to part time but I have my doubts, bigger fish to fry at the moment i.e. stadium. There are of course various views out there, no sure there is much "dead wood" but if that was a squirrel tackle by Flanagan for my money he can go, only just back from a ridiculous trip v Fax.

Rebuttal from Chalmers re the blocked player signing. Bulls respond to report

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 05 Aug 2019, 7:51 pm

Strange goings on a the Bulls.
The RFL have imo bent over backwards to keep them going, but obviously something is not right at the club

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 06 Aug 2019, 2:51 pm

Saw that. Personally think the blocked player thing is just big news because it's Bradford and the non payment of creditors. As it must happen alot.
The ground thing is a concern, as no where else in Bradford is really big enough. Valley Parade, is not only the wrong side of the city, but would imagine would have to pay a hefty rent as well. Horsfall us not big enough, or adequate facilities, and the running track hampers it.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 06 Aug 2019, 7:31 pm

From what i can gather from the outside looking is that the Bulls appear to have a cash flow problem (or no cash at all) and they want the RFL to help them out, but the RFL are basically penniless so they can't do that. Also i gather that the Bulls want the council to either completely refurbish Odsal or give them some land to build a new stadium, but the council have no money and even if they are given some land to build a stadium where is the money coming from to build the stadium itself.
if I'm off the pace on this i wont be offended for someone to put me straight.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 07 Aug 2019, 8:07 pm

I think George that you are not far off, not that I can be 100% of all of this however;

Bradford I am told by a reliable source pay £512k per annum in rent/maintenance for Odsal which without capital investment will only rise, at present anytime somethings breaks the Bulls have to pay. The owner (who is savvy enough not to have extended the lease) is saying this is unsustainable. It is apparently more than pretty well anyone else in the game. I understand you are correct, yes the club are running at a loss which the owner is funding.

I really don't think they anticipate the other parties to roll over, Andrew Chalmers is negotiating/threatening to leave in public presumably to push the Council & RFL to make decisions on the future.

I have heard people ask why the Bulls don't pay for any refurbishments, it is simple they have (until 30/9) a sub-lease and pay business rates, rent & maintenance, I can't think of anyone who would also pay for refurbishments on top of that even if they had the money.

I do 100% agree the RFL went out of their way to buy the lease (2012) and support the club but they have paid a lot of that money back via rent and various withholding of central funding e.g.£1.2m over two years when Mr. Khan was the owner. Since then IMHO some of the RFL's decisions have been very damaging e.g. after liquidation forcing the New Co. to play at Odsal with the same club name, rent agreement, little/no central funding and playing in the Championship.

No chance at Valley Parade, Dewsbury, Horsfall possibly the "favourite" options.

Just to add I commented on RFL's decisions with regard to Widnes earlier this year which sounded very familiar. Kicked when they are down and now are despite going part-time next year are reportedly to still be struggling.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 11 Aug 2019, 6:14 pm

The Beast wrote:I think George that you are not far off, not that I can be 100% of all of this however;

Bradford I am told by a reliable source pay £512k per annum in rent/maintenance for Odsal which without capital investment will only rise, at present anytime somethings breaks the Bulls have to pay. The owner (who is savvy enough not to have extended the lease) is saying this is unsustainable. It is apparently more than pretty well anyone else in the game.  I understand you are correct, yes the club are running at a loss which the owner is funding.

I really don't think they anticipate the other parties to roll over, Andrew Chalmers is negotiating/threatening to leave in public presumably to push the Council & RFL to make decisions on the future.

I have heard people ask why the Bulls don't pay for any refurbishments, it is simple they have (until 30/9) a sub-lease and pay business rates, rent & maintenance, I can't think of anyone who would also pay for refurbishments on top of that even if they had the money.

I do 100% agree the RFL went out of their way to buy the lease (2012) and support the club but they have paid a lot of that money back via rent and various withholding of central funding e.g.£1.2m over two years when Mr. Khan was the owner.  Since then IMHO some of the RFL's decisions have been very damaging e.g. after liquidation forcing the New Co. to play at Odsal with the same club name, rent agreement, little/no central funding and playing in the Championship.

No chance at Valley Parade, Dewsbury, Horsfall possibly the "favourite" options.

Just to add I commented on RFL's decisions with regard to Widnes earlier this year which sounded very familiar.  Kicked when they are down and now are despite going part-time next year are reportedly to still be struggling.
Obviously you being a Bulls fans would know far me than me about what's going on there than i would, so do they have a serious plan if they leave Odsal and play elsewhere, and if so where?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 11 Aug 2019, 6:43 pm

I only know some speculation and what is in the public domain. However the answer might be in Chalmers' weekly column (link below). The short answer being Dewsbury arguably being the favourite IF they leave Odsal. Chalmers has said he will make a decision by 15th August, role on Thursday/Friday for more news.

Andrew Chalmers - A New Dawn Awaits

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 11 Aug 2019, 6:55 pm

The Beast wrote:I only know some speculation and what is in the public domain. However the answer might be in Chalmers' weekly column (link below).  The short answer being Dewsbury arguably being the favourite IF they leave Odsal. Chalmers has said he will make a decision by 15th August, role on Thursday/Friday for more news.

After reading Andrew Chalmers column i hope it works out for the club and its fans.
If i was a Bulls fan one of my main concerns would be, that if they moved everything to Dewsbury how long would it take to come back to Bradford itself.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 13 Aug 2019, 2:18 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:I only know some speculation and what is in the public domain. However the answer might be in Chalmers' weekly column (link below).  The short answer being Dewsbury arguably being the favourite IF they leave Odsal. Chalmers has said he will make a decision by 15th August, role on Thursday/Friday for more news.

After reading Andrew Chalmers column i hope it works out for the club and its fans.
If i was a Bulls fan one of my main concerns would be, that if they moved everything to Dewsbury how long would it take to come back to Bradford itself.

That's one of the main concerns. The only 2 viable places in Bradford is odsal, or Horsfall. Odsal we already now the issues. Horsfall I believe has to keep the running track because if some stipulation when the land was given. And would coast loads to get the ground upto standard. So if they leave, bringing them back could be an issue. Hopefully it won't come to leaving.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 13 Aug 2019, 7:22 pm

Flanagan gets an 8 match ban for a testacle attack v Toronto.
Hasn't he just come back from a ban recently?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 15 Aug 2019, 8:48 pm

Luke wrote:Flanagan gets an 8 match ban for a testacle attack v Toronto.
Hasn't he just come back from a ban recently?

Yes, following a ridiculous trip v Fax. From what I saw on TV footage he can have little complaint completely unacceptable squirrel tackle. I suspect he has played his last game for Bradford, great last year in League 1, 10/10 for enthusiasm but perhaps not up to top 5 Championship level and these brain fades.......killing his career.

Anyway perhaps more significantly the Bulls reportedly will play at Dewsbury for the next 2 years.

Report inc Chamlers explanation

If this correct the RFL's reaction will be interesting. They will hold the head lease to an empty ground unless someone else plays there which really would be bizarre. I fully understand and support the decision but I am disappointed, Odsal is badly run down but for me there is something about it that makes it feel right.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 15 Aug 2019, 10:03 pm

The worrying line is the in the foreseeable future. Which means what exactly, as the only grounds really available are horsfall which you've already turned down, or odsal which you've just left.
Wonder given everything that Bradford has been through the last 10 years or so. Weather this will be the last straw for a few fans.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 16 Aug 2019, 7:54 pm

Luke wrote:The worrying line is the in the foreseeable future. Which means what exactly, as the only grounds really available are horsfall which you've already turned down, or odsal which you've just left.
Wonder given everything that Bradford has been through the last 10 years or so. Weather this will be the last straw for a few fans.

There is a bit more detail from Chalmers here Full Statement

I do wonder if this has a bit more to play out yet. The RFL have yet to agree to it but I am not sure what options they have given that other clubs have been allowed to share. If they even attempted to force Bradford to play at Odsal that would be very dangerous as I would expect Chalmers to put the club into admin, walk away and wish them luck finding someone to buy/run the club with a £500k annual bill just for playing at the ground.

Assuming the move does go ahead I cannot see a new stadium being built anytime soon, Chalmers 2 - 4 years still seems ambitious.

There is no doubt that there is risk however as Mick "the game caller" Gledhill (Bulls commentator and IMO top bloke) has said that the Bulls will pay £2k per game at Dewsbury rather than £30k at Odsal.

I think that you are right some might give up but once fans' knee stop jerking and they give it some thought there is not much choice. I have heard some saying there is a lack of ambition which I don't understand we are disappointed (I am sick that I can't make the last game) but £500k per annum is just not sustainable. Without this I could only see the club unable to compete and sink back down.

Just to quickly add one concern I have is the pitch at Dewsbury, I do hope it can take the strain of the extra fixtures.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next