The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+3
James100
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
7 posters

Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 10 May 2018, 2:27 pm

Dean Elgar has returned to a 14-man Surrey squad for this week’s Specsavers County Championship visit of Yorkshire, starting at the Kia Oval on Friday.
Elgar missed last week’s draw with Worcestershire due to a commitment in South Africa arranged before signing for the club but is added to an otherwise unchanged squad for this clash with Yorkshire.
Seamer Matt Dunn remains unavailable due to a fractured rib.
Full squad is as follows:
Rory Burns (captain)
Gareth Batty
Scott Borthwick
Rikki Clarke
Sam Curran
Jade Dernbach
Dean Elgar
Ben Foakes
Conor McKerr
Stuart Meaker
Ryan Patel
Ollie Pope
Mark Stoneman
Amar Virdi
McKerr,Patel and Batty to miss out
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Thu 10 May 2018, 4:24 pm

Cheers, JimBob.

So you reckon Meaks will play? Not sure about that, he was badly out of sorts against Worcs. If he is left on the bench, that gives a lifeline to one of the three you tip to miss out. Just maybe Batty will play - if it's at all a spinning track, he could feature with Virdi and his experience might be handy against a very strong looking Yorks batting lineup.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 10 May 2018, 4:30 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Cheers, JimBob.

So you reckon Meaks will play? Not sure about that, he was badly out of sorts against Worcs. If he is left on the bench, that gives a lifeline to one of the three you tip to miss out. Just maybe Batty will play - if it's at all a spinning track, he could feature with Virdi and his experience might be handy against a very strong looking Yorks batting lineup.
whoops I meant Meaker picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Thu 10 May 2018, 8:29 pm

Anyone know roughly when we can expect Dunn back?

I'll go Patel and Meaker to miss out. Probably Batty too, but like Guildford I wouldn't be surprised if he pips McKerr.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 11 May 2018, 10:58 am

At ground. Sy leave out Meaker, Batty and Patel. The general view is that McKerr bowled a lot better last week than his figures suggest and deserves another go. No Ballance for Yorks, Root captains and surprisingly/wrongly imo elects to field. Some clouds around but high up and generally a blue sky.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 11 May 2018, 11:26 am

Ballance got ill yesterday, so Lees travelled down to replace him in the squad (and team). Ben Coad has an ankle issue so did not travel down.

Early wicket for Besnan further jeopardises Stoneman's chances of staying in the England side.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 11 May 2018, 1:05 pm

Oh dear! 92/4 at lunch. Impressive work from the Yorks seamers. Bowling and hunting as a pack.

I'll need to see the highlights but it looked a poor shot from Borthwick holding his bat out and possibly Foakes as well having an unnecessary dab.

Too soon to say the game is gone but we are definitely some way behind and a lot appears to be resting on Elgar.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 11 May 2018, 4:58 pm

lovely counter attack from pope and clarke

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 11 May 2018, 4:58 pm

Pope for England!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 11 May 2018, 5:38 pm

Hundred for the holy one - kid got serious talent!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Fri 11 May 2018, 5:51 pm

Just been watching the live stream ..Pope hit 4 boundaries off 4 balls...looked effortless! I don’t want to over hype but he certainly looks a class act! Surrey’s no 9 is not inspiring confidence I have to say!

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 11 May 2018, 6:03 pm

Surrey went from 300 to 350 in 46 balls - Jimbob might get full batting points yet...!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Fri 11 May 2018, 6:10 pm

I will have to withdraw my comment about Connor McKerr 27not out and his highest first class score! what a recovery by Surrey today!

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 11 May 2018, 10:27 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Surrey went from 300 to 350 in 46 balls - Jimbob might get full batting points yet...!

Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 11 May 2018, 11:51 pm

Hi folks - we've certainly got enough overs left to get JimBob 5 batting points, just depends on the last 3 wickets lasting long enough.

Excellent fighback led by Pope displaying talent and maturity beyond his years. Another valuable knock and partnership featuring Clarke as well. Before that, Yorks had bowled really well as a unit and were on top.

One bit of caution though - the wicket is close to the School and, with the rope by the Gasholder pulled in, the boundaries on both sides are short meaning our score may be a touch flattering.

Sadly, the forecast isn't too good for tomorrow.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 12 May 2018, 6:50 pm

No way was I going to the Oval today with that forecast and so it proved. Nonetheless, a good morning session for us before the rain came.

Unfortunately though, with the time already lost the draw now looks favourite. We could still win but we'll almost certainly have to bowl them all out first dig for 264 or less and then enforce the follow on. At least, we'll really have to screw up to lose from here.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 12 May 2018, 6:55 pm

PS Talking of weather forecasts, where's the Corporal?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 13 May 2018, 12:58 pm

Terrific five for for Sam Curran this innings - but bad news for Surrey as Conor McKerr has gone off injured clutching his side. Bairstow playing an absolute gem of an innings to save Yorkshire’s blushes here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 13 May 2018, 3:00 pm

Yorkshire bowled out for 229, 6 wickets for Sam Curran and his 100th first class wicket! Surrey enforce the follow on, with Yorkshire trailing by 185, aggressive move that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 13 May 2018, 3:49 pm

2 down already Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Sun 13 May 2018, 5:28 pm

guildfordbat wrote:PS  Talking of weather forecasts, where's the Corporal?

Hi GB, the Corporal is on a much deserved break from duty...up north, and somewhere probably with poor Wi-fi!..In his absence, and just having heard Root being bowled by Virdi, and with a cracking weatherman forecast for tomorrow, I am happy to open the bar tomorrow night Ale Ale Ale I hope that hasn’t jinxed things!

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 13 May 2018, 6:04 pm

Virdi is an exceptional prospect
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 May 2018, 11:02 am

Church notes that Morne Morkel is on as 12th man for McKerr, which whilst a bad sign for McKerr, is a good sign for Morkel!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 May 2018, 11:03 am

Bairstow survives what was a plumb LBW off Curran in the first over - no idea how that was given not out!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 May 2018, 11:38 am

Sam Curran removes Bresnan and Patterson in quick succession, he's an absolute fire here!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 May 2018, 11:56 am

And then Curran gets Shaw for his first ten wicket haul in a match, and Clarke gets Leaning LBW next over to secure a Surrey win within 45 minutes and by an innings!

From 162-6 on day one, that is a truly excellent effort, led by Ollie Pope, Sam Curran and Amar Virdi - the future is very bright indeed
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Mon 14 May 2018, 12:25 pm

In the Corporal’s absence, the bar is now open Ale mug Yahoo Yahoo What a performance!

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 14 May 2018, 12:28 pm

chichestersurreyfan wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:PS  Talking of weather forecasts, where's the Corporal?

Hi GB, the Corporal is on a much deserved break from duty...up north, and somewhere probably with poor Wi-fi!..In his absence, and just having heard Root being bowled by Virdi, and with a cracking weatherman forecast for tomorrow, I am happy to open the bar tomorrow night Ale Ale Ale I hope that hasn’t jinxed things!

Excellent to wrap it up so early today! Some top notch individual contributions, spearheaded by Sam. And Morkel must be close to playing if he's twelfthie. Looking good.

It's been a long time since we've been able to have an all day session in the officers' mess - open up, Chichester and put 'em on the Corporal's tab! Very Happy RedWine Whisky guinness Ale

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 May 2018, 12:46 pm

Saw a tweet online that said our potential XI for the next county championship game on 9th June could be...

Burns
Stoneman
Kohli
Roy or Borthwick
Foakes
Pope
Curran S
Clarke
Curran T
Morkel
Virdi

That is quite the tasty line up!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 14 May 2018, 5:21 pm

I've had too many already chaps vomit Sorry

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 20 May 2018, 11:03 pm

Belated comment - the bar seems to have been cleared out in my absence on patrol! Erm

Cracking performance by Surrey in that game, especially Pope, Curran, Virdi and Clarke. clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down