The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues v Gloucester - Challenge Cup Final

+17
Brendan
geoff999rugby
mikey_dragon
Pot Hale
Recwatcher16
RiscaGame
BigGee
EnglishReign
LeinsterFan4life
jeffwinger
VinceWLB
HongKongCherry
Eejit
No9
formerly known as Sam
munkian
LondonTiger
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cardiff Blues v Gloucester - Challenge Cup Final - Page 2 Empty Cardiff Blues v Gloucester - Challenge Cup Final

Post by LondonTiger Fri 11 May 2018, 11:42 am

First topic message reminder :

Details

Friday 11th May 2018, KO 21:00 local (20:00 BST)
San Mamés Stadium, Bilbao
TV: BT Sport, Sky Sport, beIN Sports, FR$
Referee: Jérome Garcès

Teams:

Cardiff Blues
15. Gareth Anscombe; 14. Owen Lane, 13. Rey Lee-Lo, 12. Willis Halaholo, 11. Blaine Scully; 10. Jarrod Evans, 9. Tomos Williams; 1. Rhys Gill, 2. Kristian Dacey, 3. Tau Filise, 4. Seb Davies, 5. Josh Turnbull, 6. Josh Navidi, 7. Ellis Jenkins, 8. Nick Williams
16. Kirby Myhill, 17. Brad Thyer, 18. Scott Andrews, 19. Damian Welch, 20. Olly Robinson, 21. Lloyd Williams, 22. Garyn Smith, 23. Matthew Morgan

Gloucester Rugby
15. Jason Woodward; 14. Tom Marshall, 13. Billy Twelvetrees, 12. Mark Atkinson, 11. Henry Trinder; 10. Billy Burns, 9. Callum Braley; 1. Josh Hohneck, 2. James Hanson, 3. John Afoa, 4. Ed Slater, 5. Mariano Galarza, 6. Jake Polledri, 7. Lewis Ludlow, 8. Ruan Ackermann
16. Motu Matu'u, 17. Val Rapava Ruskin , 18. Fraser Balmain, 19. Freddie Clarke, 20. Ben Morgan, 21. Ben Vellacott, 22. Andy Symons, 23. Tom Hudson

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues v Gloucester - Challenge Cup Final - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues v Gloucester - Challenge Cup Final

Post by RiscaGame Mon 14 May 2018, 5:32 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
The Oracle wrote:
Steffan wrote:Weird one for me

Now my nephew plays for Cardiff Blues "North"

Not gonna cheers against Ponty boys like Jarrod Evans

Not wanting to cheer on the Blues who are supported by a bunch of horrible people

I was not the only one in the pub who said this

No one cheered against Cardiff...no one supported them

Shame it has to be like this

Rubbish uncle.

A Cardiff City fan, I believe. Wears Ayatollah pyjamas.

Same here.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues v Gloucester - Challenge Cup Final - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues v Gloucester - Challenge Cup Final

Post by PhilBB Tue 15 May 2018, 9:06 am

VinceWLB wrote:It's quite astonishing Andrews is on the bench for the Blues as either one of Lewis or Peikrishvilli would do a better job. Might well cost them the game as Filise is unlikely to last more than 50 min.

So I can now safely assume that you watched the game and now understand why Andrews' superb work in the loose is why he gets the nod.

Yes?
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 15 May 2018, 9:07 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Why "leave it" at every breakdown as Cardiff run down the clock? Just killed the last minute of the game.

Garces and his TMO should be getting a real rollicking after ballsing this game up.

Fantastic game of two halves but will be sadly remembered for two controversial decisions the second of which was so obvious it makes a complete farce of the whole TMO system that it was given.

It's "leave it" as hands in the ruck are against the laws of the game.

That you had to ask that probably brings into question the accuracy of the rest of your post.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 15 May 2018, 9:08 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Nope from Leicestershire, so a neutral. Just annoys me that we have TMO and yet we seem incapable of using it. It's there to ensure the big decisions are correct. The chip and score wasn't even debatable or a close call. The TMO must have been out using the toilet because there's no way he reviewed that properly and decided the winger was onside. What's the point of having the TMO we might as well just do away with it, if it's not going to work.

Twitter has plenty of stills of the Garyn Smith try that prove Smith to be onside.

Sorry about that.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 15 May 2018, 9:10 am

Pot Hale wrote:Congrats to Cardiff and Phil BB.  He must be pleased with tonight.

Doubly qualifying for the Champions Cup and a pot for the cabinet is a good end to the season.

Thank you.

I'll not forget that Bilbao experience in a long while. The locals all seemed to be Cardiff fans, too, which was nice.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 15 May 2018, 9:11 am

Steffan wrote:Weird one for me

Now my nephew plays for Cardiff Blues "North"

Not gonna cheers against Ponty boys like Jarrod Evans

Not wanting to cheer on the Blues who are supported by a bunch of horrible people

I was not the only one in the pub who said this

No one cheered against Cardiff...no one supported them

Shame it has to be like this

Ponty boy Jarrod Evans who played most of his pre-Cardiff Blues rugby at Pontyclun. Epic.

"a bunch of horrible people". Epic x 2.

It only "has to be like this" because of the small minded nature of some people in Wales. It's up to them to change.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Tue 15 May 2018, 10:40 am

PhilBB wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:It's quite astonishing Andrews is on the bench for the Blues as either one of Lewis or Peikrishvilli would do a better job. Might well cost them the game as Filise is unlikely to last more than 50 min.

So I can now safely assume that you watched the game and now understand why Andrews' superb work in the loose is why he gets the nod.

Yes?

Well it was a gamble and it paid off. Still think it could have costed Cardiff had it been a more scrummaging based game.

I'm well aware about his prowess in the loose, i remember they tried to convert him to hooker but it didn't work.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 15 May 2018, 11:02 am

VinceWLB wrote:

Well it was a gamble and it paid off. Still think it could have costed Cardiff had it been a more scrummaging based game.

I'm well aware about his prowess in the loose, i remember they tried to convert him to hooker but it didn't work.

I'm not sure that it didn't work, or if it just wasn't continued because Bath wanted him on loan.

Blaming all of the woes of a scrum on a tight head is an old fashioned approach, by the way. For starters, Dacey isn't a top scrummaging hooker (you only have to view the difference when he replaces Rees to note this) yet rarely is the hooker blamed. And then, in the second row, Cardiff have two rangy players, both capped by Wales in the back row. But, of course, many would have pointed the finger at Andrews had the scrum been in trouble despite it clearly being an 8 man issue.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 16 May 2018, 1:02 am

Andrews has never been able to scrum.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Wed 16 May 2018, 11:10 am

Just got round to watching it last night.
My god the absolute turn around from Cardiff at half time. Fantastic.
Great win. Great game.

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2