The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done the Celts

+11
Brendan
LondonTiger
The Great Aukster
Cardiff Dave
Exiledinborders
Luckless Pedestrian
RugbyFan100
munkian
Pot Hale
No 7&1/2
LordDowlais
15 posters

Go down

Well done the Celts Empty Well done the Celts

Post by LordDowlais Mon May 14, 2018 10:40 am

So the Celtic teams are ruling Europe this year, can it be done again next year ?

No doubt there will be more moaning about how the Pro14 teams rest their players, and how unfair it is blah, blah blah.

Leinster will always be at the top table with their resources but let's hope Cardiff Blues can build on their triumph for next season.

The Celts are leading the way again.Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Well done the Celts Empty Re: Well done the Celts

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon May 14, 2018 10:42 am

Natural cycles. No one stays at the top every time. And you can look back at when there were a few grumbles in the last couple of years and see me saying the same thing.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 10:59 am

This is not going to end well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon May 14, 2018 10:59 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Natural cycles. No one stays at the top every time. And you can look back at when there were a few grumbles in the last couple of years and see me saying the same thing.

Agreed. Funny how it becomes the Celtic teams all of a sudden.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon May 14, 2018 11:04 am

But but but resting players !!!
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 11:17 am

The Dragons even managed to rest players while they were on the pitch playing! How else can you explain 2 wins all season! picard

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Mon May 14, 2018 11:41 am

Pot Hale wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Natural cycles. No one stays at the top every time. And you can look back at when there were a few grumbles in the last couple of years and see me saying the same thing.

Agreed.  Funny how it becomes the Celtic teams all of a sudden.  

We could still have:

Champions Cup winners: Irish
Challenge Cup winners: Welsh
Pro14 winners: Scottish

So it's very much a decent season for the 'celts' in my opinion.

That said it is cyclical, and it's a post Lions year. Ireland were a last minute drop goal away from not winning the grand slam. And I don't recall many people saying how great England's rugby structures were when they won the 6 nations for the last 2 years previous to this one, but suddenly Ireland win one and it's like "see, look at the Irish, that's the model to follow".

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon May 14, 2018 11:44 am

The Oracle wrote:The Dragons even managed to rest players while they were on the pitch playing!  How else can you explain 2 wins all season! picard

Two wins in the league. We won 7 games in all tournaments, which is an excellent return.

Crying or Very sad

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Mon May 14, 2018 12:13 pm

LordDowlais wrote:So the Celtic teams are ruling Europe this year, can it be done again next year ?
No. Normal service will be resumed.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon May 14, 2018 12:33 pm

The Oracle wrote:The Dragons even managed to rest players while they were on the pitch playing!  How else can you explain 2 wins all season! picard

Fallow.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon May 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:

Fallow.

Jackman.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Fallow.

Jackman.

The Trojan horse.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon May 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Since the RWC & Lions go in four year cycles and the Champs Cup has been running four years -
2015 - 2018 Seven of the eight finalists were either English or French (2EP, 5T14)
2011 - 2014 5/8 (2EP, 3T14)
2007 - 2010 6/8 (3EP, 3T14)
2003 - 2006 7/8 (1EP, 6T14)
1999 - 2002 5/8 (3EP, 2T14)
1996 - 1998 5/6 (2EP, 3T14)

Three year cycles -
16-18 5/6
13-15 6/6
10-12 3/6
07-09 4/6
04-06 5/6
01-03 5/6
98-00 4/6
96-97 3/4

Five year cycles -
14-18 9/10
09-13 6/10
04-08 8/10
99-03 7/10
96-98 5/6

No obvious patterns other than the finals are consistently dominated by the English and French teams.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon May 14, 2018 3:39 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:

Since the RWC & Lions go in four year cycles and the Champs Cup has been running four years -
2015 - 2018 Seven of the eight finalists were either English or French (2EP, 5T14)

No obvious patterns other than the finals are consistently dominated by the English and French teams.

So, from that I read 22 finalists from France, 13 from England, 10 from Ireland and 1 from Wales (Cardiff in 96) - so perhaps fairer to say finals have been dominated by 3 countries?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon May 14, 2018 4:10 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:

So, from that I read 22 finalists from France, 13 from England, 10 from Ireland and 1 from Wales (Cardiff in 96) - so perhaps fairer to say finals have been dominated by  3 countries?

Sshh - you’re ruining the Celtic myth.

France v England 7
France v Ireland 4
France v France 5
France v Wales 1
Ireland v England 4
Ireland v Ireland 1
England v England 1
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Mon May 14, 2018 8:14 pm

Surely the answer is France as fewer wins than they should as they have produced the most finalist by far.

There is a slight less chance of having an all French final as having no French finalist. They really are the best country.

Next year is the world cup so all the Celtic teams might have to do a Scarlets next year just to get to the quarters after the national side's a have long WC

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon May 14, 2018 9:06 pm

Just like their wine, in the French case money can't buy you bottle!

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2018 8:22 am

The Great Aukster wrote:Just like their wine, in the French case money can't buy you bottle!

The Welsh being just like our wine too - not very good!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue May 15, 2018 9:07 am

The Oracle wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:Just like their wine, in the French case money can't buy you bottle!

The Welsh being just like our wine too - not very good!

Ewe can't beat a Welsh whine. We're the best.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Tue May 15, 2018 10:56 am

To be fair Scottish teams have the same odds as having an all Scottish final as no Scottish finalist so does that make them the best (Just like their wine if they made any it would be the best)

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Tue May 15, 2018 11:00 am

One swallow doesn't make a summer................. Whistle
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Tue May 15, 2018 3:16 pm

TightHEAD wrote:One swallow doesn't make a summer................. Whistle

I think you'll find most people saying that.

Will be interesting how the first two rounds of the European competitions go next season as all the teams would be hoping of an extra game or two than last time. Plus it's a long flight/jet lag back

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed May 16, 2018 6:36 am

Oh. I thought that this was just a thread about it being good to be a celt generally. 

I was going to add that skincare in the summer is a definite downside. 

My theory is that White Walkers are based on Scottish people. Nobody else is that blue eyed, ghostly white, monosyllabic and angry all the time.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed May 16, 2018 8:23 am

George Carlin wrote:Oh. I thought that this was just a thread about it being good to be a celt generally. 

My theory is that White Walkers are based on Scottish people. Nobody else is that blue eyed, ghostly white, monosyllabic and angry all the time.

every time I see your location I worry for you.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed May 16, 2018 10:28 am

George Carlin wrote:Oh. I thought that this was just a thread about it being good to be a celt generally. 

21st is surely the Night King then?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed May 16, 2018 7:15 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

every time I see your location I worry for you.
True dat. I am Vitamin D deficient because of the lack of regular sun exposure and have to take supplements. 

This is because everyone thinks I will go up like a strip of magnesium the moment that I step outside.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Thu May 17, 2018 1:26 am

George I think that you're being a little hard on the White Walkers here. Mostly they look calm and collected to me. An occasional scowl or shout maybe but mostly they seem like a thoughtful, serious group of psychotic immortals who don't talk. They remind me more of senior lecturers in a college who figured out how to live forever but not how to smile, laugh or nod their heads and who are fed up with being stuck with teaching undergraduates who insist on making them speak. So they solved the problem by getting rid of the source of this annoyance. All the humans. Then they'll go back to their libraries and research labs and write pithy articles for academic journals to be printed by their zombie underlings. You see? Not very Scottish at all. Or is it....

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu May 17, 2018 5:20 am

Intotouch wrote:

George I think that you're being a little hard on the White Walkers here. Mostly they look calm and collected to me. An occasional scowl or shout maybe but mostly they seem like a thoughtful, serious group of psychotic immortals who don't talk. They remind me more of senior lecturers in a college who figured out how to live forever but not how to smile, laugh or nod their heads and who are fed up with being stuck with teaching undergraduates who insist on making them speak. So they solved the problem by getting rid of the source of this annoyance. All the humans. Then they'll go back to their libraries and research labs and write pithy articles for academic journals to be printed by their zombie underlings. You see? Not very Scottish at all. Or is it....
Laugh
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu May 17, 2018 9:28 am

George Carlin wrote:
Intotouch wrote:

Laugh

He makes a valid point. We are a rather boisterous and loud bunch!

And do the white walkers even drink Irn Bru?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Sat May 19, 2018 1:45 am

tigertattie wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
Intotouch wrote:

Laugh

He makes a valid point. We are a rather boisterous and loud bunch!

And do the white walkers even drink Irn Bru?

You mean she makes a valid point. And no I don't think they drink anything at all. No wonder they don't smile much! Not like the Scots at all really...

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down