The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8 Press Conference

+2
Hero
nadeem2099
6 posters

Go down

Week 8 Press Conference  Empty Week 8 Press Conference

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 21 May 2018, 2:31 pm

1. What were you doing while the Royal Wedding was on (assuming you didn't watch it)
2. Predictions for the champions league final coming up
3. What was your favourite kids show when you were younger
4. What is the last film you watched at the cinema and how good was it
5. What are the chances of WW3 happening in the next 50 years
6. Are you into the Fortnite craze and do you think it's a bad influence on kids
7. If you got a lawyers offer for Ronaldo would you accept it?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Press Conference  Empty Re: Week 8 Press Conference

Post by Hero Mon 21 May 2018, 2:49 pm

1. I was at my youngest son's brass band competition in Buxton. They won and he was chosen to collect the prize.
2. I hope beyond hope Real win. Could easily go either way though as Marcelo will leave gaps for Liverpool to exploit.
3. Early years - Button Moon & Rainbow, older years - Thundercats
4. Avengers Infinity Wars - was absolutely amazing, may well go again tbh.
5. I hope not for my kids sakes, Einstein said WW4 would be fought with sticks and stones and I think he's right. WW3 though could be Terminator style.
6. I've played it and won a few games but my eldest is obsessed with it, we've had to limit it to an hour max a night.
7. Probably not, there's no upgrade on him in FIFA currently.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 21 May 2018, 3:10 pm

1. What were you doing while the Royal Wedding was on (assuming you didn't watch it)

I was at the gym, but it was on in the gym weirdly. Most people seemed to stop and watch when she got out of the car and walked into the church, but I had no intention of watching it if it wasn't on a TV right in front of me.

90th min Ramos winner in a cagey game that doesn't live up to the hype

Power Rangers, Recess, Rugrats - I was a true 90s kid

Avengers. Loved it, but I'm a massive Marvel nerd who is fully bought into the universe, I can imagine that anyone who is less of a Marvel fan would have found it less interesting

Think the threat of nukes will mean a true WW doesn't happen

6. Are you into the Fortnite craze and do you think it's a bad influence on kids

I played 3 games, died in the first two mins each time and never played again. I can imagine it being addictive for kids though

Depends on what else my squad needed, but would find it hard to pass up bringing in two £60m players

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 21 May 2018, 3:11 pm

1. A combination of helping my son with his homework and sorting out my garden after all the building works last year

2. Real will be scared of Liverpool and try to play more defensively, which will be suicide. However, Ronaldo will dig them out of a hole again with a hattrick to win 3-2 after extra time. Sorry can't be more specific than that though.

3. Used to love Defenders of the Earth which was on a Saturday morning, or Hurricanes which was all about a football team.

4. Peter Rabbit. And really enjoyed it. Think it is really well written.

5. Very low IMO. I think there is enough fear of the impact of a nuclear missile on the whole world to mean that it will never get as far as being a world war.

6. Not in to it, but it is rife at school. It's not good either - lad in my sons class (9 year old) was connected to 13 people who he didn't know who were all based outside the UK. Not saying they are all, if any, up to no good, but the fact we don't know means it's bad news.

7. Yes - he didn't look worth £108m in the first running of the game and with injuries in the game I think that money could be far more productive in building a really good squad with strength in depth. It was never worth putting all your money behind one player in a voting league. In FIFA I think it is even less so.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 21 May 2018, 9:13 pm

I was playing snooker with my dad

Unfortunately a Liverpool win. 2 1.

Knightmare. Looks so outdated nowadays but was cutting edge then. A lot of tension in it..... "go left you stupid idiot!"

I can't actually remember it's been so long. KingsmanI think.

More like 20 years probably

Like all crazes it will die out soon enough. Someone will always find a fault with them. No harm in it.

I would if my squad as a whole was rubbish. You can't rely on one big purchase in this league.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 22 May 2018, 11:53 am

I was still sleeping.
4-2 to Real
Samurai Jack and Dragonball Z.
Get Out. Bloody brilliant!
I don't think WW3 will happen. A real World War between humans and beings from outer space on the other hand........
I hate this game soooooo much. I keep getting killed by snipers ffs.
Never. Ronaldo is the only player in the world that is truly irreplaceable.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 22 May 2018, 12:21 pm

I was playing Fifa. My Everton side is bossing it on Career Mode, best XI is currently;

Ederson
Rugani - Van Dijk - Romagnoli
Zappacosta - Milinkovic-Savic - Fabinho - Ghoulam
Bernardo Silva
Correa - G Jesus

Because 3 at the back works fine when I'm controlling it, just not when the CPU is!

I predict that despite the Liverpool momentum, that Real Madrid will do their thing and sh*thouse a 2-1 win. Maybe even an injury time Penaldo.

Was never a huge fan of all the kids shows on TV when I was younger, I was always more interested in Robot Wars on a Friday night!

I actually can't remember. I'm getting so old man.

50-50. As everything in life is 50-50. I think we have more of a chance of preventing a World War now than we did back then, and despite the hatred of Trump, he's going to be more open to dealing with Putin and Kim Jong Un than anyone else before him was.

I'm not into it. My kids love it, I don't think it's a bad influence, but like anything it needs to be played/watched in moderation.

I probably would. £135m would let you replace Ronaldo with potentially two world class players, so it would be worth it if the targets were available. Also depends where you played Ronaldo. If upfront, you could sign Dybala/Lewandowski/Aguero and still have a lot of change left to improve elsewhere.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down