The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons Season Thread - 2018/19 - aka Year 2 of the 3 Year Plan

+22
the-goon
Pot Hale
EWT Spoons
Cardiff Dave
XR
prop_lyd
profitius
VinceWLB
SecretFly
maestegmafia
St John The Enforcer
BamBam
LordDowlais
carpet baboon
ScarletSpiderman
Brendan
mikey_dragon
Luckless Pedestrian
Stone Motif
RiscaGame
PhilBB
munkian
26 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2018/19 - aka Year 2 of the 3 Year Plan - Page 9 Empty Dragons Season Thread - 2018/19 - aka Year 2 of the 3 Year Plan

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

So we made it to the end of the 2017/18 season.  We've seen/endured the first year of Bernard Jackman's plan.  I think most of us have been through a rollercoaster of emotions, similar to previous seasons but perhaps even more so this season given the new injection of life and investment into the Dragons.  First there was the hope - the new coaches, some new players, the new pitch, new chairman, new cash injection.  Then we started to stumble - it's all down to the new coach and getting used to the new systems, we said.  Then came the face plant and the realisation that this trend was going to carry on for the whole season - a couple of wins in the league, a few in Europe, a lot of spankings, not many losing bonus points.  Very poor return.  The hope turned to despair and BJ's methods were being questioned.  Then the hope comes again with the announcement of new signings ('stellar' signings, compared to previous years!) and the assurance that the 1st year of the plan was always going to be difficult and that year 2 would be the one to judge BJ on.....  

So.......on to year 2 (2018/19).  Where are we?  What are our expectations (realistically)?  What's the best team we can put out on paper and how competitive will it be?  For a number of years we've been stuffed in the league so seem to try to get some solace from a decent showing in the Euro 2nd tier comp.  However, should we forget about Europe and try to put all of our focus on the league?  I think so.

Transfers - we've lost more than we've gained, although the quality of the transfers in could/should be better than those leaving.  But I'm worried we'll be thin on the ground when the inevitable injuries hit.

Players In: = 14
Jordan Williams from England Bristol Bears
Rhodri Williams from England Bristol Bears
Ross Moriarty from England Gloucester
Rhodri Davies from England Rotherham Titans
Richard Hibbard from England Gloucester
Huw Taylor from England Worcester Warriors
Josh Lewis from England Bath
Ryan Bevington from England Bristol Bears
Aaron Jarvis from France Clermont
Dafydd Howells from Wales Ospreys
Tiaan Loots from Wales RGC 1404
Jacob Botica from Wales RGC 1404
Rhys Lawrence from England Ealing Trailfinders
Brandon Nansen from France

Players Out: - =21
Sarel Pretorius to South Africa Southern Kings
Phil Price to Wales Scarlets
Scott Andrews to Wales Neath
Luke Garrett to Wales Neath
Adam Hughes retired
Pat Howard to England Ealing Trailfinders
Rhys Buckley to Wales Bargoed
Barney Nightingale to Wales Bargoed
Keagan Bale to Wales Bargoed
Angus O'Brien to Wales Scarlets
Nicky Thomas to Wales Scarlets (return from short-term loan)
Dorian Jones to France Angoulême
Charlie Davies to England Northampton Saints
Lloyd Lewis to Wales Pontypool
Sam Beard to New Zealand Canterbury
Sam Hobbs released
Thomas Davies released
Liam Belcher released
Ashley Sweet released
Robson Blake released
Carl Meyer released

I'll try to update the Ins and Outs as we go.

Last edited by The Oracle on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2018/19 - aka Year 2 of the 3 Year Plan - Page 9 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2018/19 - aka Year 2 of the 3 Year Plan

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:08 pm

Seem like quite a powerful starting tight 5 for us (assuming Fairborther has maintained the improvement he's shown in the last couple of seasons). What are Zebre like in the scrums? Could it be an area of potential strength for us in this game?

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2018/19 - aka Year 2 of the 3 Year Plan - Page 9 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2018/19 - aka Year 2 of the 3 Year Plan

Post by RiscaGame Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:37 pm

About time Jackman started Landman. It definitely is random to start them both straight away though, after leaving them both in the cold. It’s definitely random to start Landman, after not wanting to know him past three games.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:50 pm

Maybe they had a falling out and have made up now? Definitely seems weird though. And a bit like a punishment of some sort sending him to play for Newport in the Prem.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:53 pm

I saw it as a means to keep his fitness up whilst her tried out other options.

He'd be a replacement for Hill when on international duty.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:36 am

In other news, Angus O'Brien is on the bench for the Scarlets against Connacht.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:35 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:In other news, Angus O'Brien is on the bench for the Scarlets against Connacht.
Letting him go was crazy. Crazier when you think the line out is one of the few things we do right more than 50% of the time.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:In other news, Angus O'Brien is on the bench for the Scarlets against Connacht.
Letting him go was crazy. Crazier when you think the line out is one of the few things we do right more than 50% of the time.

Help me there please.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:55 pm

RiscaGame wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Help me there please.
Think AoB was a better kicker than either of the two ten's in that squad.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:57 pm

The Oracle wrote:Seem like quite a powerful starting tight 5 for us (assuming Fairborther has maintained the improvement he's shown in the last couple of seasons).  What are Zebre like in the scrums?  Could it be an area of potential strength for us in this game?
I think we'll be OK but even if we did have an advantage it comes at the price of having two players with zero lateral agility guarding rucks, guess that's why they make sure Cory is lined up somewhere near them.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:08 pm

The Oracle wrote:Seem like quite a powerful starting tight 5 for us (assuming Fairborther has maintained the improvement he's shown in the last couple of seasons).  What are Zebre like in the scrums?  Could it be an area of potential strength for us in this game?

Zebre pack is ok, nothing exceptional. Their young props on the bench are big prospect i believe. Their strength is they are a complete team nowadays.

I seem to remember you struggled against the Kings pack so not sure how good your pack really is, will be interesting to see Jarvis off the bench to see if he has improved his scrummaging at Clermont.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:28 pm

VinceWLB wrote:

Zebre pack is ok, nothing exceptional. Their young props on the bench are big prospect i believe. Their strength is they are a complete team nowadays.

I seem to remember you struggled against the Kings pack so not sure how good your pack really is, will be interesting to see Jarvis off the bench to see if he has improved his scrummaging at Clermont.

Just had a look and against Kings the starting pack was Harris, Dee, Brown, Hill and Screech. So not much difference I suppose. Hoping that Landman adds a bit more ballast and nous over Screech.

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:45 pm

The Oracle wrote:Just had a look and against Kings the starting pack was Harris, Dee, Brown, Hill and Screech. So not much difference I suppose. Hoping that Landman adds a bit more ballast and nous over Screech.

Should not be hard, i don't rate Screech at all. Makes a lot of knock ons too.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:19 pm

VinceWLB wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Just had a look and against Kings the starting pack was Harris, Dee, Brown, Hill and Screech. So not much difference I suppose. Hoping that Landman adds a bit more ballast and nous over Screech.

Should not be hard, i don't rate Screech at all. Makes a lot of knock ons too.

Yeah, I’m not a big fan. He seems to have been around the squad for a long time without doing too much but never getting moved on. Just a squad player for me really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:00 am

I’ve just been for a run around Newport and it is hideous out there (the weather. And Newport too I s’pose!). Not going to be a pretty game at RP today. Hoping it dries up a little by then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:26 am

The Oracle wrote:I’ve just been for a run around Newport and it is hideous out there (the weather. And Newport too I s’pose!). Not going to be a pretty game at RP today. Hoping it dries up a little by then.
Why? We're facing a team that's much better than us ball in hand. Rain might drag them down to our level...
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:46 am

Stone Motif wrote:
The Oracle wrote:I’ve just been for a run around Newport and it is hideous out there (the weather. And Newport too I s’pose!). Not going to be a pretty game at RP today. Hoping it dries up a little by then.
Why? We're facing a team that's much better than us ball in hand. Rain might drag them down to our level...

Just for a more enjoyable game. Games in the pouring rain tend to be gash. If it means we’re more likely to win then great. But I’ve seen so many games at RP over the years completely ruined by the weather (mostly on the old pitch though in fairness).

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:50 am

Dragons win, already reached last year's total wins. And you can say you won more games against the Kings than Glasgow did this season.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:27 am

Yeah, a win’s a win and the Italians are much improved. But we had 2 wins before this point by last year I think! We just won no more after that. Hoping we don’t repeat that this year.

You make a good point about Kings. There were calls for Jackman’s head after we BEAT Kings the other week, and now they beat one of the top teams of the last few years (Glasgow). Not sure if it puts things in perspective, but certainly the bottom end of the league perhaps does not look as bad as in previous years. The close loss to Benetton, beating Kings, besting Zebre (ignoring the Leinster result) - perhaps sign of a bit of progress for the Dragons when you consider how those teams have done themselves so far this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:39 am

Stone Motif wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Help me there please.
Think AoB was a better kicker than either of the two ten's in that squad.

Sorry, yeah I get you now.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:44 am

Weather definitely seemed a leveller. Kind of hides our lack of attacking plan pretty well. It helped that their line out didn’t really function either. That said our first try was nice and we won when I can’t say that I thought we would.

Nansen’s card was stupid. Imagine if Landman did that, rather than bernard’s fave.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Lots of points left out there too, which is a shame but could have been a more convincing win/scoreline with a better kicker. Some of the attempts were atrocious. Weather might have played a part but it wasn’t that windy.

It was disappointing to see our lack of invention in attack when in the opposition half. Just pick and go, pick and go, pick and go. Moriarty had a torrid time when he revieved the ball stood still and was expected to make yards. He just got smashed by the advancing defensive line and looked a bit bewildered. And on the Zebre try line it was just pick and go over and over. A little more invention might have led to more joy there. A grubber through or chip over or high ball. Our forwards are not powerful enough to pick and drive over the try line and Zebre soaked it up.

It will be interesting to see how we go at home when we’re the underdogs. Might be good without the weight of expectation as we have had these last 3 home games against (traditionally) weaker opposition in the league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:48 pm

The Oracle wrote:Lots of points left out there too, which is a shame but could have been a more convincing win/scoreline with a better kicker. Some of the attempts were atrocious. Weather might have played a part but it wasn’t that windy.

It was disappointing to see our lack of invention in attack when in the opposition half. Just pick and go, pick and go, pick and go. Moriarty had a torrid time when he revieved the ball stood still and was expected to make yards. He just got smashed by the advancing defensive line and looked a bit bewildered. And on the Zebre try line it was just pick and go over and over. A little more invention might have led to more joy there. A grubber through or chip over or high ball. Our forwards are not powerful enough to pick and drive over the try line and Zebre soaked it up.

It will be interesting to see how we go at home when we’re the underdogs. Might be good without the weight of expectation as we have had these last 3 home games against (traditionally) weaker opposition in the league.
Actually think if we're attacking the central pod of Hill, Landman, Dee and Moriarty is the best we can muster. It's not about making yards necessarily, but giving the defence something to think about to make space out wide. You can let Brok and Fairbrother have a rest in the wide channels ready to flop on the ball when the backs take it into contact with the six and seven who are pretty good athletes ranging in between the central four and the edges of the pitch.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:21 pm

Just frustrating how little headway they made yesterday, yet we kept on with it. It did work once with space out wide for Howells’ try (made by the excellent looping pass). That came from wave after wave of battering the line and getting nowhere. Maybe it’s just the team still gelling but the amount of ‘setting’ it took to do the next wave of pick and drive just meant that Zebre were always ready. Or was it just Rhodri Williams being overly pedantic about where he wanted the forwards when he was directing the plays? Seemed to take an age before he popped the ball to the forwards as he was constantly telling them to move here, go there, etc. Hope it all speeds up as the season goes on and the plays and patterns get more familiar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:47 am

The Oracle wrote:Just frustrating how little headway they made yesterday, yet we kept on with it. It did work once with space out wide for Howells’ try (made by the excellent looping pass). That came from wave after wave of battering the line and getting nowhere. Maybe it’s just the team still gelling but the amount of ‘setting’ it took to do the next wave of pick and drive just meant that Zebre were always ready. Or was it just Rhodri Williams being overly pedantic about where he wanted the forwards when he was directing the plays? Seemed to take an age before he popped the ball to the forwards as he was constantly telling them to move here, go there, etc. Hope it all speeds up as the season goes on and the plays and patterns get more familiar.
To make yards carrying you either need exceptional power,agility to shift then point of contact,or an offloading game. Whether we can offer any of those three things consistently I'm not convinced, but if any four can it's the four in the central pod we looked to have yesterday. Yesterday really wasn't the day for cheeky pop passes though, hence RW correctly playing low risk.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I'm not a statistician, but I think Robson's a fairly reliable goalkicker whereas I've seen Lewis miss some relatively easy kicks since he's been here, and in what could well be a tight game in the rain, it might come down to kicks at goal.

I jinxed him good and proper, didn't I?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:15 pm

Really good stuff from Landman here:

'While he longed to be back at professional level, the lock wasn't just going through the motions and sulking. Landman was determined to do his bit for a famous club that has Springboks Gary Teichmann, Percy Montgomery, Franco Smith, Adrian Garvey and Tonderai Chavhanga among their alumni.

"When I went to the first game I did a bit of research and there was loads of South Africans! It was good and I will always be part of their history, whatever goes down," he said.

"It was really good to follow in those guys' footsteps and with the Premiership losing four teams it is a really big year for Newport. Whenever they need us [Dragons] guys who have been allocated we will be there.

"It was lovely. Just meeting new people and coaches, I really enjoyed it.

"I have played more than 250 first-class games so for me to go down and play for the club and have a bad attitude would not be on.

"I have come from a different country to make a difference over here. I have met new players and will gift whatever I can to them in terms of experience and attitude.

"I want people to learn from me because I learnt from the best growing up. I will always be positive."

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16898954.rynard-landman-stays-positive-to-earn-dragons-recall-and-is-ready-to-fight-for-his-jersey/

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:19 am

The Oracle wrote:You make a good point about Kings. There were calls for Jackman’s head after we BEAT Kings the other week, and now they beat one of the top teams of the last few years (Glasgow).

The Kings have done us no favours by beating Glasgow. They'll take it out on us now Crying or Very sad

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:26 am

Glasgow A
Cardiff H
Ulster A
Connacht A
Edinburgh H
Leinster H
Cardiff A
Ospreys H

That's the run in until the end of the calendar year. How many points are coming from these games, do you reckon?
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:32 am

PhilBB wrote:Glasgow A
Cardiff H
Ulster A
Connacht A
Edinburgh H
Leinster H
Cardiff A
Ospreys H

That's the run in until the end of the calendar year. How many points are coming from these games, do you reckon?

Edit:

I've revised my opinion.

15 points.

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:46 am

15 from where?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:13 am

10 from the games against the Blues, and 5 scattered around the others. Whistle

N.B. I'm joking.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:21 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:10 from the games against the Blues, and 5 scattered around the others. Whistle

N.B. I'm joking.

OK
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:08 am

PhilBB wrote:15 from where?

Well, I’m probably being a bit optimistic. But I’d like us to target 2 wins from that (perhaps Edinburgh at home plus 1 of the Welsh derbies (BIG ask) or Connacht away (another big ask). After that picking up some bonus points here and there. Won’t be easy of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:36 pm

What do we reckon, then? Do we have a chance of beating the Blues?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:59 pm

If we play like we did against the Cheetahs I'd say you do.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:03 pm

Before that game I'd have predicted you'll cut us to shreds, which could quite easily still happen. But it's given me a bit more hope.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:12 am

I'm hopeful that the 'derby' factor will kick in - i.e. form goes out the window and it could go either way. That would be great, but I'm not sure the whole derby thing is a factor in the psyche now it's regions compared to when it was clubs. Certainly the atmosphere suggests it is not such a big rivalry now. The intensity seems less. Would be great if it was a real back and forth ding dong of a game. However, I've noticed in recent years that any increase in intensity and expectation in derby games (e.g. the Christmas and boxing day games) has often resulted in an increase in errors and a damp squib of a game. Hope it's better than that on Saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:21 am

I'm happy for it to be a horrible game of rugby as long as we win it!

I know what you mean about the derbies being low-quality in recent years. Maybe they've always been low-quality and we just remember them as being better.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:27 am

Also I'm sure the Blues would hate to lose on Saturday, but maybe that would be more from the shame of losing to one of the worst teams in the league. For us, I would say the the Blues are the first good side to visit this season, but that's being unfair to Benetton.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:35 am

I think we will be a bit better on Saturday, as there are a lot of local boys and a few players with Team Wales hopes. I wouldn’t expect us to win, with how things are going, but it would be nice to see us play with some spirit at home again. I imagine people like Nick Williams will test our ruck defence (which should be better with Griffiths, Hill and Moriarty back in) and our box kicking will have to be much better with Nipper playing. We will also have a hard slog against their back row.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:40 am

I can see Nick Williams trying to wind up Moriarty - and probably succeeding.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:58 am

What happened to our attacking promise from last season? It was said that we had good backs and scored some lovely tries with good interplay, but that we didn't have the forwards to get us in good positions and control the game. I remember some beautiful tries last season involving Amos and Hewitt.

This season so far we haven't looked like we can create anything at all in the backs. Disappointing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:20 am

The Oracle wrote:What happened to our attacking promise from last season?  It was said that we had good backs and scored some lovely tries with good interplay, but that we didn't have the forwards to get us in good positions and control the game.  I remember some beautiful tries last season involving Amos and Hewitt.

This season so far we haven't looked like we can create anything at all in the backs.  Disappointing.
Almost like the last guy coaching the backs was doing OK in the circumstances, and the new guy hasn't worked out how to conjure miracles yet
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:39 am

Stone Motif wrote:
The Oracle wrote:What happened to our attacking promise from last season?  It was said that we had good backs and scored some lovely tries with good interplay, but that we didn't have the forwards to get us in good positions and control the game.  I remember some beautiful tries last season involving Amos and Hewitt.

This season so far we haven't looked like we can create anything at all in the backs.  Disappointing.
Almost like the last guy coaching the backs was doing OK in the circumstances, and the new guy hasn't worked out how to conjure miracles yet

D’ya know, for some reason I forgot all about Connor leaving! Doh Couldn’t think for the life of me who the backs coach was though picard Remember now that we had no one for a while until the skills guy was given it.

Certainly seems to correlate. Conor goes and the signs of life in the backs from last season disappears.  Maddocks has not made any impact yet as skills coach cum backs coach. In fact they seem to have gone backwards, which is worrying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:40 am

The Oracle wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

D’ya know, for some reason I forgot all about Connor leaving! Doh Couldn’t think for the life of me who the backs coach was though picard Remember now that we had no one for a while until the skills guy was given it.

Certainly seems to correlate. Conor goes and the signs of life in the backs from last season disappears.  Maddocks has not made any impact yet as skills coach cum backs coach. In fact they seem to have gone backwards, which is worrying.
After watching back the Zebre game the heart started chiming in actually this lot might understand how to create an attack, with a central pod of Hill, Dee, Landman and Moriarty evident at times. But they must either to coached not to even attempt an offload or too lacking in confidence to try it. If you can't power through you have to build a threat in your close carriers through switching the point of attack. Dee aside I wouldn't say our front fives are particularly agile so that means the short pass, or the threat of a short pass, to a forward around the fringes of the ruck. If you can't build that the defence just fans out and you've got no chance. Head is winning out now though, I just think Bernie O'Charlatan is taking us for a ride. Trying the offload is the natural next step in the way he's organised us. Perhaps he's keeping the powder dry til the AI period.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:12 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I'm happy for it to be a horrible game of rugby as long as we win it!.

Like our two wins this season? Jeez, these are dark times.

I think Blues will win because Nick Williams and Samu Manoa should be playing. Without them however they do look very ordinary under Mulvihill. I don’t believe he is getting anywhere close to the best out of a good team. Unsurprisingly their fans, especially PhilBB, think everything is fine and rosy.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:51 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I'm happy for it to be a horrible game of rugby as long as we win it!.

Like our two wins this season? Jeez, these are dark times.

Yes, Mikey. I'd rather win an ugly match than lose an attractive one.

I'll take any kind of win against a good side. We can talk about attractive wins when we're a good side ourselves.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:19 am

Chris Kirwan wrote:Wales centre Tyler Morgan is set to return for the Dragons in Saturday’s derby against Cardiff Blues in Newport but Jack Dixon is a major doubt.

Morgan has been out of action since suffering a hamstring strain in training ahead of the round three trip to Leinster.

The 23-year-old returned to training in Ystrad Mynach today and is set to be back for the Rodney Parade derby (kick-off 5.15pm) with Adam Warren moving to 12.

“Tyler did Tuesday’s session in full and took part in contact as well,” said head coach Bernard Jackman. “We will see how he is tomorrow but we are hopeful.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16955486.wales-centre-morgan-gives-dragons-a-derby-boost/

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:13 am

A bit of a surprise. I thought Dixon would be fit and Tyler would not.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:36 am

I'm surprised in a good way that he says he's not going to take risks with Dixon. We won't get double points if we beat the Blues. It's a long season.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next