The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 14 PC

5 posters

Go down

Week 14 PC  Empty Week 14 PC

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 13 Jul 2018, 12:45 pm

1. What do you think was the main reason for England bottling it against Croatia?
2. Do you think Theresa May's time is nearly up as PM?
3. How well do you think CR7 will do at Juve?
4. What do you make of Barcelona offering 50m+ for Willian when they already have Dembele?
5. Who has been the top 3 players so far this world cup?
6. Who do you think Real will buy to replace Ronaldo?
7. Which football commentator do you hate the most?
8. What do you think the England team will look like in 2 years time when the Euro's are here?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Week 14 PC  Empty Re: Week 14 PC

Post by Hero Fri 13 Jul 2018, 1:19 pm

1. Don't think it was the case of England bottling it, think it was more the case of 2nd half the real Croatia turned up and in midfield as a result Modric showed his class.
2. Got to be soon, my concern is though that her replacements are far more of a hard Brexit nature like Mogg, Johnson and Gove.
4. Dembele seems a failed project at present at Barca so they're going from potential to tried & tested.
5. Modric, Mbappe, Pogba.
6. Mbappe, both for ability and marketing he's the package. Don't think though anyone will be able to match Ronaldo's figures.
7. Fluctuates between Owen and Savage, both cockwombles.
8. Not a lot needed, Young probably no longer involved, would like to see Sessegnon, Foden & Sancho involved hopefully.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 13 Jul 2018, 1:33 pm

1. What do you think was the main reason for England bottling it against Croatia?
Didn't really bottle it. Some poor decision making from Harry Kane didn't help us, but ultimately we lost to the better side and although everyone is talking about Modric, Perisic was unplayable 2nd half and ET.

UK politics is in a bad way, if May goes then we'd be somewhere between Mogg and Corbin, neither good enough to run the country. No wonder parties like UKIP and Green came to prominence.

He'll be the main man, ably supported by Dybala, score a bag of goals, win the Champions League with a third different club and write his name as the best ever.

4. What do you make of Barcelona offering 50m+ for Willian when they already have Dembele?
Barcelona need squad depth and versatility. Willian can play both wings and AM, so he'll be able to fill in wherever required over the course of a long season.

I'd say none of the major names have stood out. All flattered to deceive. Of all the unfancied players at the World Cup so far, Jordan Pickford, N'Golo Kante, and Domagoj Vida stand out to me as the top three performers. Special mention to Yerry Mina.

Selling Ronaldo will free up Bale, they've still got Asensio, Isco and James on their books too. I think Ronaldo would have become the main striker instead of Benzema, so I think they're more likely to sign Mbappe if they go big, rather than someone like Hazard or Neymar.

After this World Cup, Sam Matterface and Glenn Hoddle have really irritated me Laugh

8. What do you think the England team will look like in 2 years time when the Euro's are here?
Few tweaks here and there, don't see the defence or the whole system changing drastically, maybe;

Pickford
Mawson - Stones - Maguire
Walker - Henderson - Ox - Rose
Sterling - Kane - Rashford

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 13 Jul 2018, 1:39 pm

Wasn't bottling as such. Just that second goal deflated a lot of them and they started to make mistakes. I still would have bet them winning on penalties

Yep. God knows who replaces her.

Very. Think the league might suit him.

Willian is on form and in his peak years. Seems excessive but in actual fact probably what he is worth.

Mbappe, Hazard and Modric

Hazard

I don't really. I usually just mute the telly.

Pretty much the same. Sessegnon and Foden definitely involved.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 14 Jul 2018, 3:25 pm

Marky wrote:7. Which football commentator do you hate the most?
After this World Cup, Sam Matterface and Glenn Hoddle have really irritated me Laugh

Of course they're paired together for today's game...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Sun 15 Jul 2018, 11:47 am

I think they had too many Spurs players in the starting line up. Spurs players are well known as serial bottlers so that was the main reason imo.

Yes. We need Tony Blair back as PM!

He'll do well in the league but think he will struggle in the champions league.

It's a typical barca move isn't it. Sort your CM position out first you waste of space club!

Mbappe, Modric, Varane.

Hopefully Mbappe as he has the most unleashed potential but I'd be happy with Hazard. Neymar I wouldn't really want.

Clyde Tyldesley. I hate him on fifa.

Sessegnon, RLC will be defo starters hopefully. The rest should be the same.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 16 Jul 2018, 8:58 am

nadeem2099 wrote:1. What do you think was the main reason for England bottling it against Croatia?

1. I don't think they bottled it. Players have days when they play better than others. We had a day where 6 of 7 didn't play well, and we were just beaten by the better team

2. On one part, I really hope so, but then I fear for the current list of options of who might replace her. They are the most Toriest of Tories Shocked

3. He'll tear that league up, and I can also see him being the added bit they need to go from CL finalists to winners.

4. Seems about the right price. They are building up a stronger squad, which is what they need, so as long as they also address the other weaker areas too, I have no problems with it

5. Mbappe, Hazard and Modric, in no particular order

6. I think Hazard is the one player who could step into those shoes. Clearly Mbappe is another option, but I think he should stick where he is a bit longer and develop in France. Plenty of time for a move to Real or Barca in the coming years

7. Michael Owen. Talks absolute cack with total conviction. And his voice is enough to make any insomniac fall asleep

8. No wholesale changes. Sessegnon at LWB seems an obvious one, plus a bit more in the middle. Henderson had a good world cup, but we need someone who will take the game by the scruff of the neck.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down