The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New season Kits

5 posters

Go down

New season Kits Empty New season Kits

Post by Kingshu Wed 22 Aug 2018, 7:24 am

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/every-new-pro14-kit-ranked-15055746

New kits, I didn't know about the Edinburgh rebrand, how do Edinburgh fans feel about that.
Personally I think the badge looks better and the blue orange and white go well and make Edinburgh stand out more. Nearly every team at start when creating a brand went with black and another colour and Edinburgh never stood out.
Scarlets and 18 sponsors?
The sooner there are rules limiting the space that can be used (like football prem league) the better.
Or else you end up with
https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=ms-android-samsung&biw=360&bih=269&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=dAB9W_3VKJHAlAaX-5GoBg&q=shirt+most+sponsorship&oq=shirt+most+sponsorship&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.3...1887.2230..2453...0.0..0.128.329.1j2......0....1.........30i10.5gbc3pcp1Yw#imgrc=lSnUM6V4MgzXbM:

Like Cheetahs new stripes. You would think the journalist would have dine some research on the Zebre kit.
Benatton lion is understandable and actually looks good.
Ulster looks clean and am glad its not cluttered with sponsors.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

New season Kits Empty Re: New season Kits

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Wed 22 Aug 2018, 8:57 am

The Edinburgh rebrand caused an awful lot of moaning amongst some sections of the fanbase, but I think most are pretty engaged with it now and can see it for what it is - an exciting new start for the club and a chance to break ties with an old brand which never really helped us build an identity as a club. One of the big things Cockers has focused on since he joined is building the club a proper identity and a change in branding and playing colours is going to tie in with that very well, as is finally getting a stadium of our own at the end of this season.

Exciting times for Edinburgh!

Some pretty nice new strips for this season, the Cheetahs and Ospreys ones I particularly like. Like you I don't understand the issue that writer has with the lion on the Benetton strip, I think it looks pretty good.

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 22 Aug 2018, 11:06 am

It goes to show it all comes down to personal taste because my least favourite by a country mile is the Ospreys Tshirt looking kit.
My stand out favourite is the Glasgow kit, a wee bit of tartan is always a good thing.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 22 Aug 2018, 11:38 am

I don't like the Ospreys one, but I would if it didn't have the white sleeves. I also don't like the Scarlets change top. I like both Dragons ones and (from memory) I like the Cardiff home one.

Don't blame Scarlets getting extra income via all that sponsorship.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Wed 22 Aug 2018, 5:30 pm

Southern Kings one is my favorite. Lets hope they are going to be more competitive this season and that they keep politics out of the game..

I too hate the Ospreys one, find it hideous.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down