The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European Champions & Voldermort Cups expected Quarter Finalists

+16
the-goon
WELL-PAST-IT
yappysnap
lostinwales
Eejit
TJ
bsando
rodders
des
Pot Hale
BamBam
LondonTiger
Cyril
mikey_dragon
Artful_Dodger
Brendan
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

European Champions & Voldermort Cups expected Quarter Finalists - Page 2 Empty European Champions & Voldermort Cups expected Quarter Finalists

Post by Brendan Tue 09 Oct 2018, 6:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Updated as we are almost there
French not having the best year but teams as expected since about round 2

Champs

1st
Sarries 23
Racing 21
Leinster 20
Edinburgh 23
Munster 17

2nd
Glasgow 19
Ulster 18
Toulouse 17
Montpellier16 - out
Exeter 13

Main games next weekend is the winner most likely takes all games
Sarries v Glasgow
Munster v Exeter
Edinburgh v Montpellier

Eng 2 Fra 3 Ire 3 Sco 2 Wal 0, 2 to miss out

Voldermort (he who shall not be mentioned)
1st
Clermont 30
La Rochelle 20
Worcester 17
Sale 17
Quinn's 21

2nd
Connacht 17
Saints 21
Bristol 16
Benetton 20
Ospreys 12 -out

Winner takes all or just important games
Most pools had the big matches in round 5
Main thing to watch is Sale and Connacht on 17. Sale must match Connachts score (pick up 5pts they top the pool)

Eng 5 Fra 2 Ire 1 Ita 1 Wal 1, 2 to miss out most likely Ospreys and one other team (most likely Bennetton)

Total
Eng 7, Fra 5, Ire 4, Ita 1, Sco 2, Wal 1

Last edited by Brendan on Fri 18 Jan 2019, 11:15 pm; edited 6 times in total

Brendan

Back to top Go down

European Champions & Voldermort Cups expected Quarter Finalists - Page 2 Empty Re: European Champions & Voldermort Cups expected Quarter Finalists

Post by Brendan Tue 22 Jan 2019, 8:07 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
BamBam wrote:The Welsh overachieving as usual then

Who do you support again, Bedford Blues right?

I think he meant compared to the English you over achieved as your average place was 3rd while 4 of the 5 last places were English.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

European Champions & Voldermort Cups expected Quarter Finalists - Page 2 Empty Re: European Champions & Voldermort Cups expected Quarter Finalists

Post by BamBam Tue 22 Jan 2019, 8:54 am

Its alright lads, the Welsh can piggy back off others success as usual. No teams in the quarter finals of either European competition is pretty embarrassing for a "nation" that claims rugby is its national sport

Back to the drawing board eh, I'm sure the nasty Irish are some how at fault

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 22 Jan 2019, 7:25 pm

Well thats an odd post

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 22 Jan 2019, 8:04 pm

BamBam wrote:Its alright lads, the Welsh can piggy back off others success as usual. No teams in the quarter finals of either European competition is pretty embarrassing for a "nation" that claims rugby is its national sport

Back to the drawing board eh, I'm sure the nasty Irish are some how at fault

I’m curious, BamBam, are you an England or Ireland fan?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 22 Jan 2019, 8:44 pm

I'm an England fan, but have a lot of respect for the success that Ireland have seen over the last decade. The usual suspects whining about how it's unfair gets on my tits

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 22 Jan 2019, 9:04 pm

BamBam wrote:I'm an England fan, but have a lot of respect for the success that Ireland have seen over the last decade. The usual suspects whining about how it's unfair gets on my tits

Fair enough. Ale
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 23 Jan 2019, 3:05 am

Brendan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
BamBam wrote:The Welsh overachieving as usual then

Who do you support again, Bedford Blues right?

I think he meant compared to the English you over achieved as your average place was 3rd while 4 of the 5 last places were English.

I’m lost, is BamBam arguing with himself? Seems to have come out of nowhere to slag off the Welsh (which is not unheard of). We always knew he was full of it, but having an argument with oneself on a forum is verging on madness. Anyway, 6 Nations time soon, will England do better than 5th? Is the final weekend (Wales vs Ireland) a super Saturday?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 23 Jan 2019, 3:07 am

BamBam wrote:I'm an England fan, but have a lot of respect for the success that Ireland have seen over the last decade. The usual suspects whining about how it's unfair gets on my tits

In here? I remember the Franglo’s whining it was unfair and weighted in others favour. So with just 1 and 2 teams in the latter stages are they going to cry and attempt to change things up again?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 23 Jan 2019, 7:48 am

More that the Italians qualified without being good enough.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 23 Jan 2019, 9:50 am

Mikey, it was far past your bedtime posting that. Pretending to be on another continent is the definition of madness if you ask me

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 25 Jan 2019, 11:15 am

SAT 30 MAR 2019

Edinburgh Rugby Edinburgh Rugby 12:45 (GMT) Munster Rugby Munster Rugby
BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
Channel 4 / Virgin Media / BT Sport / beIN SPORTS

Saracens Saracens 15:15 (GMT) Glasgow Warriors Glasgow Warriors
Allianz Park, Barnet
BT Sport / beIN SPORTS

Leinster Rugby Leinster Rugby 17:45 (GMT) Ulster Rugby Ulster Rugby
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
BT Sport / beIN SPORTS

SUN 31 MAR 2019

Racing 92 Racing 92 15:15 (BST) Toulouse Toulouse
Paris La Defense Arena, Paris
FR2 / beIN SPORTS / BT Sport

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2