The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New FIFA based Challenge League

+12
TwisT
$ka
Trebs
Azzy
Take a boo
nadeem2099
Marky
BamBam
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fluxy
Hero
Afro
16 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New FIFA based Challenge League - Page 3 Empty New FIFA based Challenge League

Post by Afro Wed 17 Oct 2018, 10:02 am

First topic message reminder :

The Challenge League is coming to the end of season 3 and preparing for a reboot as we move on to FIFA 19. We are spreading word to see who is interested in playing.

In short, you buy and sell players, build a squad, then pick a team/tactics to play matches that are simulated on FIFA19 (CPU v CPU). The games are streamed live on Twitch, so you can also watch your games (and other teams for scouting purposes!!) each week.

Think Football Manager, but with the game engine being FIFA 19.

Players can be traded within the league with other managers, but each week you will also get randomly generated offers for two of your players. On top of this, you also get to buy two players from out of the league each week.

All player valuations are done based on the TM website http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/detailsuche/spielerdetail/suche.
Players values are frozen at the start of each season so that their value remains unchanged throughout that season. All offers from outside the league are based on the frozen value, and all purchases of players outside the league are based on the current TM value.

If you want to know a bit more, have a look here:

https://www.606v2.com/f265-the-miky-challenge-league
https://www.606v2.com/t66501-challenge-league-rules

We have the final week of the existing game still to play, so you can also take a look on Twitch to get a feel for it.

https://www.twitch.tv/hero606v2

The new league will start with a low level of players and build, with FIFA 19 rating caps. The aim is that these caps will increase each season so that the league grows with them. We also plan to move on to each new version of FIFA, each year, which offers the options of buying for future potential too!

At the moment, it looks like being League 2 teams, with some degree of a mini-draft to start shaping your side. Budgets and ratings cap will then be set to what is appropriate to the teams we have in the league.

This page is to gauge interest, so please sign up below.

Signed Up
1. Afro
2. Hero
3. Fluxy
4. Olly
5. Bam
6. Marky
7. Nadz
8. TAB
9. Azzy
10. Ska
11. Twist
12. Soddy
69. Trebs
14. Rof
15. Nando
16. Dolph

Last edited by Afro on Mon 22 Oct 2018, 9:50 am; edited 24 times in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

New FIFA based Challenge League - Page 3 Empty Re: New FIFA based Challenge League

Post by TwisT Thu 18 Oct 2018, 12:28 pm

BamBam wrote:
Afro wrote:
BamBam wrote:Talking of releases, we need to make sure we're capping the number of players that can be released.

I've got no interest at all in doing traditional tactics as part of this, even if just for a knockout competition.

How are we going to enforce budget control? Is there any interest in using a Google Doc set up?

Releases - keep the same as current rules

Budget control - I would be, but given how nobody could be bothered to complete it last time, I don't see it working. I just think everyone should have to list all their spend on their team page.

I'm considering building something on Google Docs which would include each team, and update it myself / with the help of anyone else who is willing

Think it would help with monitoring players in / out of the league, as well as having the oversight on budgets

Realistically the main activity on transfers is only one day a week when lawyers etc kick off, so I think I should be able to keep on top of it

If everyone has no problem with Big Brother Bam watching over all activity then I can do that. Everyone would still have responsibility for their own budgets etc, but this would be a back up and something to check back to if we need it

Edit....should have read this properly. Bam is proposing exactly what I say below.

While we are doing Google Docs could we think about incorporating it to keep track of transfers and club budgets? A few teams over the past 2 seasons didn't keep things up to date. Whereas I'm not saying there was any foul play, I think it has always been a rule in whatever league format and one (with more teams now) should be more strictly monitored.

One Google Doc that we all log our transfers in and the type would do away with having to post things in forieigns/confirmations/squad page

TwisT

Back to top Go down

New FIFA based Challenge League - Page 3 Empty Re: New FIFA based Challenge League

Post by Hero Thu 18 Oct 2018, 12:32 pm

TwisT wrote:
BamBam wrote:
Afro wrote:
BamBam wrote:Talking of releases, we need to make sure we're capping the number of players that can be released.

I've got no interest at all in doing traditional tactics as part of this, even if just for a knockout competition.

How are we going to enforce budget control? Is there any interest in using a Google Doc set up?

Releases - keep the same as current rules

Budget control - I would be, but given how nobody could be bothered to complete it last time, I don't see it working. I just think everyone should have to list all their spend on their team page.

I'm considering building something on Google Docs which would include each team, and update it myself / with the help of anyone else who is willing

Think it would help with monitoring players in / out of the league, as well as having the oversight on budgets

Realistically the main activity on transfers is only one day a week when lawyers etc kick off, so I think I should be able to keep on top of it

If everyone has no problem with Big Brother Bam watching over all activity then I can do that. Everyone would still have responsibility for their own budgets etc, but this would be a back up and something to check back to if we need it

Edit....should have read this properly. Bam is proposing exactly what I say below.

While we are doing Google Docs could we think about incorporating it to keep track of transfers and club budgets? A few teams over the past 2 seasons didn't keep things up to date. Whereas I'm not saying there was any foul play, I think it has always been a rule in whatever league format and one (with more teams now) should be more strictly monitored.

One Google Doc that we all log our transfers in and the type would do away with having to post things in forieigns/confirmations/squad page

It'd also make it a damn sight easier to check for players in the league, if and when they're available etc.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 18 Oct 2018, 1:08 pm

Yeah, if whoever does the results summary can include yellow cards for each team I can set up something to track them in the doc

Sooner we have teams locked down and their individual pages set up, easier it will be for me to get started

If we can keep team pages to a fairly consistent format that would also be helpful when pasting the starting squads in

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 18 Oct 2018, 1:12 pm

Okay so who's good on creating a team format that we can all use?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 18 Oct 2018, 1:16 pm

Hero wrote:Okay so who's good on creating a team format that we can all use?

Please keep it simple
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 18 Oct 2018, 1:19 pm

Afro wrote:

Please keep it simple

That's why I threw it to the floor rather than put forward one of my monstrosities!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 18 Oct 2018, 1:25 pm

ahem ... Mine! https://www.606v2.com/t66508-wellington-phoenix

Just means I can use formulas to easily strip out the detail I want in each box .. ie

Player name - Current value - Real life club

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 18 Oct 2018, 1:25 pm

Hero wrote:
Afro wrote:

Please keep it simple

That's why I threw it to the floor rather than put forward one of my monstrosities!

Team Name:
Blurb:
Current Budget:

Goalkeepers:

Defence:

Midfield:

Forwards:

Transfers In:
Transfers Out:
Bonuses:

Then for the Google Doc Sheet I originally came up with the below format:

Date
Type of transfer
Brought/Sold
From/To
Players
Value

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 18 Oct 2018, 1:26 pm

Tho if Bam is doing it he should choose whatever is easiest for him and we all follow it

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 18 Oct 2018, 3:48 pm

I will happily use Google Docs. Love me a spreadsheet.

You guys should track Cherries down, he loves FIFA.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 18 Oct 2018, 3:51 pm

Azzy wrote:I will happily use Google Docs. Love me a spreadsheet.

You guys should track Cherries down, he loves FIFA.

He was ahead of his time as well willing to spend 100m+ on Neymar.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 18 Oct 2018, 3:57 pm

Whatever happened to Viva? The last 5 years at Man Utd must have aged him drastically

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 18 Oct 2018, 4:03 pm

He finally worked out how to use his phone without Nick helping him.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 18 Oct 2018, 4:05 pm

Viva would love this. And Nick.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 18 Oct 2018, 4:09 pm

Talk of them two just reminded me of when I very first joined one of these leagues and Viva stitched me up on a deal straight away. Checked back on my original team and I have a player back in my team now that I've never had for any other team in between (Criscito).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 18 Oct 2018, 4:12 pm

Hero wrote:He finally worked out how to use his phone without Nick helping him.

Or he switched it off, and didn’t have to Nick to help him switch it back on anymore. So he doesn’t have anyway of getting on to the site now
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 18 Oct 2018, 4:25 pm

Marky wrote:Viva would love this. And Nick.
He'd be beside himself with FIFA bias accusations, fix claims, and furiously emailing EA Sports to rectify the situation.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 19 Oct 2018, 9:30 am

Pro Evo > FIFA Cool

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 9:32 am

Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join Join
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 9:32 am

Good to see you fella btw Ok!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 19 Oct 2018, 9:36 am

Hello mate, you too hope all is well

I’d only be able to be a bit part player these days, access during the day would be tricky with work

And also I don’t understand most of this thread...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 9:44 am

Think old style management games, but rather than everyone voting and arguing about the results, Hero plays the game's through FIFA as a CPU v CPU. They are also streamed, so you can watch the games.

It requires much less time and effort, largely due to the lack of needing to vote.

What are you up to these days? Still in the big smoke?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 19 Oct 2018, 9:51 am

No, left that job in 2016 and went to work locally so I have a 10 minute walk to work, like a right smug I am a twonk of the highest order.

The issue is I left a cushy easy job for local government which in hindsight underestimated the amount of work I’d have to do and it severely limits my time to fake manage.

I could do evenings and Friday when I’m working at home perhaps.

How’s things with you?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 19 Oct 2018, 9:54 am

SODDY heart

You barely need to manage - thus why I'm about to complete the #unbeatenseason and win the league Cool
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 9:57 am

I did similar. Left my job in Bristol, with the hour and a quarter commute each way, for one that's ten minutes drive from home.

I'm paid less, with less benefits and given up a cushy final salary pension, but still the best thing I've ever done. Can't put a value of time and that I get to spend more time with the family.

TBH evenings and Fridays would be more than sufficient, and more than most. You still get the slackers like me who are on all the time, but it doesn't need it. Give it a try and see how it goes
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 19 Oct 2018, 9:58 am

Hi bbz

Had to squeeze in that you were going unbeaten into that post didn’t you. Hope you get the league table tattooed on you if it happens

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:00 am

Afro wrote:I did similar. Left my job in Bristol, with the hour and a quarter commute each way, for one that's ten minutes drive from home.

I'm paid less, with less benefits and given up a cushy final salary pension, but still the best thing I've ever done. Can't put a value of time and that I get to spend more time with the family.

TBH evenings and Fridays would be more than sufficient, and more than most. You still get the slackers like me who are on all the time, but it doesn't need it. Give it a try and see how it goes

Yeah go on then. If Azzy’s in I’ll hang around for the first couple of rage-quits

Where is Viva? Did they take him away?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:08 am

Good man.

Viva lost interest and just disappeared. I think he is on the FB chat group a handful are on. I have tried sending him a message to see if he wants to join up, but its unread.

Like others, I think he'd enjoy the FIFA approach. It has essentially removed all the bits of the game that are either tedious or cause arguments.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:08 am

Although I'm sure Azzy can put that last statement to the test!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:09 am

sodhat wrote:Hi bbz

Had to squeeze in that you were going unbeaten into that post didn’t you. Hope you get the league table tattooed on you if it happens

My guy, my absolute guy. It will be my only achievement in life if I do it - it's going on my CV
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:10 am

Viva doesn't even respond to mine and Nando's united trolls on the FB chat group. It's a very sad state of affairs
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:14 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Viva doesn't even respond to mine and Nando's united trolls on the FB chat group. It's a very sad state of affairs

Viva still talks to me oh yeah

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:15 am

I’d love to see some of management CVs from here. Afro and Hero would be novel-length. I won a league once when I had Muller and Ozil and everyone thought they were the sh!t. Times have changed man.

You still follow the NFL?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:18 am

Trebs wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Viva doesn't even respond to mine and Nando's united trolls on the FB chat group. It's a very sad state of affairs

Viva still talks to me oh yeah

Trebs - I'm putting your name down okay. We know you want to really, you know we want you too really. So lets just do it!!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:23 am

Sorry, is sodhat actually claiming that local government jobs actually require someone to do some work?!!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:26 am

BamBam wrote:Sorry, is sodhat actually claiming that local government jobs actually require someone to do some work?!!

No. They underestimated the amount of work he'd have to do. I assume that means a really big tea and coffee run
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:26 am

sodhat wrote:I’d love to see some of management CVs from here. Afro and Hero would be novel-length. I won a league once when I had Muller and Ozil and everyone thought they were the sh!t. Times have changed man.

You still follow the NFL?

I'm about to win the league with an attack of Franck Ribery and Michy Batshuayi. Along with Daddy Maddison too of course heart heart heart heart

NFL - yes, still love it and gives me minor embolisms every week. As you'll see on the forum I am failing with my bets every week too - nothing has changed
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:28 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:

I'm about to win the league

There's confidence. No team talk needed Nando - just show that to your team!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:29 am

Afro wrote:
BamBam wrote:Sorry, is sodhat actually claiming that local government jobs actually require someone to do some work?!!

No. They underestimated the amount of work he'd have to do. I assume that means a really big tea and coffee run

I have soft hands and the cups are hot

One question I have is whether you all get free tea and coffee in your jobs. Where I used to work we had a tassimo thing and now I’m buying my own coffee like some Frak peasant

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:32 am

sodhat wrote:
Afro wrote:

One question I have is whether you all get free tea and coffee in your jobs. Where I used to work we had a tassimo thing and now I’m buying my own coffee like some Frak peasant

I do. I used to have free tea or coffee, but they also had a proper barrista coffee shop on site. I used to spend a fortune, which I now don't. Probably offsets being paid less tbh
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:34 am

Afro wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:

I'm about to win the league

There's confidence. No team talk needed Nando - just show that to your team!

You can't deny #destiny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:36 am

Afro wrote:

Trebs - I'm putting your name down okay. We know you want to really, you know we want you too really. So lets just do it!!

You can't be serious?
Putting me in at #13, that will curse me with bad luck for the upcoming season. I've got no chance.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:37 am

Afro wrote:I did similar. Left my job in Bristol, with the hour and a quarter commute each way, for one that's ten minutes drive from home.

Thinking of doing something similar, the traffic in and around Bristol city centre is a nightmare!

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:41 am

Trebs - changed Ok!

TAB - I was working on the edge of the city by Ashton Gate, and skirted around the edges, so never really experienced the centre. But I live in the Wye valley, on the English side of the border, so it was mainly the M4 at Newport that used to kill me.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:41 am

Boo - Renegade said he was going to sign up didn't he? Can you give him a nudge on Ja606
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:46 am

This could end up as a 2 season league per fifa update with the amount of ppl involved. This is awesome.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:59 am

Can certainly see why you chose to work closer to home Afro, the centre in general is chaos although in fairness Ashton Gate/Bedminster isn't much better.

I've given Rof a nudge so hopefully he will sign up shortly, looks as though there will be a decent number in the league and thoroughly looking forward to getting started.

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 11:00 am

Would be good to get to 16 managers
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 19 Oct 2018, 11:03 am

Afro wrote:
sodhat wrote:
Afro wrote:

I do. I used to have free tea or coffee, but they also had a proper barrista coffee shop on site. I used to spend a fortune, which I now don't. Probably offsets being paid less tbh

It’s probably a scary amount that I spend on coffee per year. And cans of Monster.

Had to cut back on the Monster when the heart palpitations started, my blood was 90% caffeine

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 19 Oct 2018, 11:06 am

sodhat wrote:

It’s probably a scary amount that I spend on coffee per year.

Same. It was subsidised, but still £1.60 a coffee. Typically two a day plus £3-4 a day on lunch from the canteen, I was spending £40 a week that I don't spend now.

Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next