The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland Squad Nov 2018 - Who’s going to play errr England?

+52
WELL-PAST-IT
Not grey and not a ghost
mikey_dragon
Yoda
Geordie
tigertattie
Heaf
TightHEAD
TrailApe
Pal Joey
stub
doctor_grey
Scottrf
Pie
yappysnap
Sgt_Pooly
Biltong
Rugby Fan
Golden
LondonTiger
robbo277
LordDowlais
asoreleftshoulder
westisbest
neilthom7
carpet baboon
Engine#4
Duty281
Sin é
Ninjarugby
theslosty
thebandwagonsociety
Artful_Dodger
Maine man
majesticimperialman
LeinsterFan4life
The Great Aukster
Cyril
No 7&1/2
BamBam
marty2086
rodders
profitius
Brendan
Taylorman
GunsGermsV2
SecretFly
Geen sport voor watjes
eirebilly
Pete330v2
Collapse2005
Pot Hale
56 posters

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Ireland Squad Nov 2018 - Who’s going to play errr England? - Page 2 Empty Ireland Squad Nov 2018 - Who’s going to play errr England?

Post by Pot Hale Sat 20 Oct 2018, 3:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Italy 3 Nov - Chicago - Ireland 54-7
Argentina 10 Nov Dublin - 28-17
New Zealand 17 Nov Dublin 16-9
USA 24 Nov Dublin - 52-14

November Total - 150-47

Frontrowers
Rory Best 112 (c)
Rob Herring 6
Sean Cronin 63
Niall Scannell 10

Tadhg Furlong 26
Andrew Porter 9
John Ryan 15

Finlay Bealham 8
Cian Healy 81
Dave Kilcoyne 23
Jack McGrath 51

Locks
Tadhg Beirne 3
Iain Henderson 40 USA
Quinn Roux 7
James Ryan 11
Devin Toner 61

Backrowers

Dan Leavy 10
Josh van der Flier 11
Jordi Murphy 23
Sean O’Brien 51
Peter O’Mahony 50 (vc)
Rhys Ruddock 20
Jack Conan 10
CJ Stander 26

Scrumhalves
John Cooney 3
Kieran Marmion 22
Luke McGrath 6

10s
Jonathan Sexton 76 (vc)
Ross Byrne 2
Joey Carbery 14

Centres
Garry Ringrose 15
Robbie Henshaw 36
Will Addison 2
Bundee Aki 10
Sam Arnold 1
Stuart McCloskey 3

Back three
Andrew Conway 8
Keith Earls 70
Rob Kearney 86
Jordan Larmour 7
Jacob Stockdale 12
Darren Sweetnam 3

Last edited by Pot Hale on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 1:08 pm; edited 14 times in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Ireland Squad Nov 2018 - Who’s going to play errr England? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Squad Nov 2018 - Who’s going to play errr England?

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Oct 2018, 12:23 pm

Ain't we lucky that Lowe feels more Irish than English. Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Ireland Squad Nov 2018 - Who’s going to play errr England? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Squad Nov 2018 - Who’s going to play errr England?

Post by marty2086 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 12:30 pm

Brendan wrote:I think the Italy game is good for Carbey and Cooney to show they can boss an international game.

Considering how well Cooney does with the poorest pack in the provinces he should be fine to boss the pack.  With Carbey he gets a running set of backs to show what he can do.

If we want a leader put Bernie up front.

Be interesting to see Cooney in green as for me he's not where he was last season and Ulsters attack seems to function better with Shanahan at 9

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 12:43 pm

I wonder what the hell is going to happen when Britain leaves the EU with respect to Ulster rugby. One issue that would arise is that you aren't allowed to do cross border transfers of special categories (this includes health data/sexuality/trade union membership/criminal convictions) of personal data out side the EU. Total ban. So if HQ want to share details of injuries etc with Ulster rugby in Belfast they cant.

I wonder will Ulster rugby move to Monaghan?

Last edited by Collapse2005 on Thu 25 Oct 2018, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Oct 2018, 12:45 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Brendan wrote:I think the Italy game is good for Carbey and Cooney to show they can boss an international game.

Considering how well Cooney does with the poorest pack in the provinces he should be fine to boss the pack.  With Carbey he gets a running set of backs to show what he can do.

If we want a leader put Bernie up front.

Be interesting to see Cooney in green as for me he's not where he was last season and Ulsters attack seems to function better with Shanahan at 9

Maybe he was told to ease up when Joe kinda knew how things were panning out. Gotta have a few surprises ready for the opposition who will now go to reels of recent Cooney play to try to get an idea of how Ireland might play through him.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 25 Oct 2018, 12:46 pm

Imagine the rage if Lowe plays for England Run

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 12:50 pm

BamBam wrote:Imagine the rage if Lowe plays for England Run

From Kiwis? It wouldn't bother me at all.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Oct 2018, 1:02 pm

As Pot said, Te'o did.

Not a ripple on the pond that time. What can you do if someone wants to make a mistake in their career? Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 25 Oct 2018, 1:59 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:I wonder what the hell is going to happen when Britain leaves the EU with respect to Ulster rugby. One issue that would arise is that you aren't allowed to do cross border transfers of special categories (this includes health data/sexuality/trade union membership/criminal convictions) of personal data out side the EU. Total ban. So if HQ want to share details of injuries etc with Ulster rugby in Belfast they cant.

OMG!

That must the stupidest thing that anyone has ever written on the internet, let alone on 606. Did you say you were Australian? Typical. Even Kiwis or English wouldn't say something as dim and idiotic like that and that's saying something.

This place is going to the dogs.

Lolz.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:00 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:I wonder what the hell is going to happen when Britain leaves the EU with respect to Ulster rugby. One issue that would arise is that you aren't allowed to do cross border transfers of special categories (this includes health data/sexuality/trade union membership/criminal convictions) of personal data out side the EU. Total ban. So if HQ want to share details of injuries etc with Ulster rugby in Belfast they cant.

OMG!

That must the stupidest thing that anyone has ever written on the internet, let alone on 606.    Did you say you were Australian?   Typical.    Even Kiwis or English wouldn't say something as dim and idiotic like that and that's saying something.

Lolz.

The Monaghan part was a joke you tool. I think you might need a sense of humour transplant. The rest is accurate.

Last edited by Collapse2005 on Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:02 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:

OMG!

That must the stupidest thing that anyone has ever written on the internet, let alone on 606.    Did you say you were Australian?   Typical.    Even Kiwis or English wouldn't say something as dim and idiotic like that and that's saying something.

Lolz.

The Monahan part was a joke you tool. The rest is accurate.

Britain leaving the EU.

OMG!

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:04 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:

From the Principality

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:06 pm

Saying Britain is leaving the EU is the stupidest thing you have seen on the internet? Any particular reason why? Is it a full moon or something? Have you spent much time on the internet?

Last edited by Collapse2005 on Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:10 pm

I think this is the problem with the EU - or maybe more so its citizens.  You all take its pronouncements, rules and regulations so seriously.  "We - Must - Obey.  Resistance is futile.  We Will be assimilated!"

So if a rugby codger from Ulster Rugby walks into a bar in DunDawwwwwk and has a pint with another rugby man from the IRFU and the man from Ulster says that he might have an interesting transexual coming through in the 9 position whose only weakness is a lazy right eye..................... the EU spies are in the pub, the red alarms go off in Brussels, Junker activates the EU storm troopers and the two rugby idiots and slammed in jail for 20 years?

Christ, you EUers have it bad.... Cool

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:11 pm

BamBam wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:

From the Principality

laughing

Ah Bam, you're great for the craic, thank God.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:22 pm

SecretFly wrote:

I think this is the problem with the EU - or maybe more so its citizens.  You all take its pronouncements, rules and regulations so seriously.  "We - Must - Obey.  Resistance is futile.  We Will be assimilated!"

So if a rugby codger from Ulster Rugby walks into a bar in DunDawwwwwk and has a pint with another rugby man from the IRFU and the man from Ulster says that he might have an interesting transexual coming through in the 9 position whose only weakness is a lazy right eye..................... the EU spies are in the pub, the red alarms go off in Brussels, Junker activates the EU storm troopers and the two rugby idiots and slammed in jail for 20 years?

Christ, you EUers have it bad.... Cool

Unless its public information already, under GDPR you aren't permitted to process special categories of personal data to NON EU jurisdictions no.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:27 pm

You just need permission from the persons who's data or inury it is.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:29 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:You just need permission from the persons who's data or inury it is.

That's true for normal processing of personal data but not for special categories of data, there is no legal basis for processing it to non-EU countries, not even if its in the vital interests of the data subject nor the public. Its a total prohibition under the current rules unless the information has manifestly been made public by the data subject.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:37 pm

Thought the non eu company simply needed to follow the same gdpr rules and it's allowed with consent?
Probably moot as I can see us staying in anyway.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:38 pm

More likely the other provinces will move North to access the Argentinian beef.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:38 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:

Unless its public information already, under GDPR you aren't permitted to process special categories of personal data to NON EU jurisdictions no.

Fine. But it happens anyway so.............................. another grey pointless rule from the grey halls of the EU.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:41 pm

rodders wrote:

...stuffed with the WWE powder? Good stuff! Get those gains without the need for a ...well a needle, I reckon.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:42 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Thought the non eu company simply needed to follow the same gdpr rules and it's allowed with consent?
Probably moot as I can see us staying in anyway.

That applies to normal processing to non-EU countries but not special categories to Non-EU countries. Consent is one of a few legal basis that you can rely on including where processing is necessary for making legal claims or if it is in the interest of the public or the vital interest of the data subject however, these legal basis and any other derogations don't apply to special categories of data unless the cross border transfer is within the EU.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:43 pm

SecretFly wrote:
rodders wrote:

...stuffed with the WWE powder?  Good stuff!  Get those gains without the need for a ...well a needle, I reckon.

A little needle is always useful - keeps the juices flowing.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 25 Oct 2018, 11:58 pm

I see that Connacht are going locked and fully loaded to Wales to play Ospreys this weekend.

Marmion returns, along with Carty at 10, Aki at 12 and the full pack including Ireland test squad members Bealham and Roux. Should be a cracking game as Friend is targeting it as a ‘season shaper’ for them.

Ulster seem to be putting out most of their big guns too at home against Dragons with Best, Murphy, and Henderson all in the pack and Herring on the bench.

Does this mean none of these will be traveling to Chicago?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Mon 29 Oct 2018, 5:11 am

I just had a look at the 2016 November squad. For various reasons 15 of the 39 man squad are not in the latest squad.

In the 2017 squad, 8 of the 38 man squad is not included in the latest squad.

profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 29 Oct 2018, 11:17 am

Schmidt has named his squad for Italy Test in Chicago

Forwards: F Bealham (Connacht), T Beirne (Munster), J Conan (Leinster), S Cronin (Leinster), T Furlong (Leinster), D Kilcoyne (Munster), Jack McGrath (Leinster), J Murphy (Ulster), A Porter (Leinster), Q Roux (Connacht), R Ruddock (Leinster), James Ryan (Leinster), N Scannell (Munster), D Toner (Leinster), J van der Flier (Leinster).

Backs: W Addison (Ulster), A Conway (Munster), D Sweetnam (Munster), J Larmour (Leinster), J Stockdale (Ulster), G Ringrose (Leinster), B Aki (Connacht), R Byrne (Leinster), J Carbery (Munster), J Cooney (Ulster), L McGrath (Leinster).

So maybe the 23 might look like:

Kilcoyne, Scannell, Porter
Beirne, Ryan
Ruddock, v dF
Conan
Cooney
Carbery
Aki, Addison
Sweetnam, Stockdale
Larmour

Cronin, McGrath, Bealham, Roux, Murphy, McGrath, Byrne, Conway
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 29 Oct 2018, 4:01 pm

Looks like that Italy squad is to finalize a few of the RWC squad places.

It's probably not the squad you want to be in with only Furlong, Ringrose and maybe Toner and Stockdale seen as genuine 1st XV players if everyone is fit.

Fascinating battle between the locks and backrowers in particular, where some good players will be left out for Japan.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 30 Oct 2018, 10:17 am

The game is becoming a bit of an insult to the American based audience expected to fill the stadium. Both sides sending 'weakened' teams? Is this how it was marketed? Is this how these American jaunts are going to go from here? Because if they do, the folks will soon enough realise they are being cheated a tad.

Schmidt and O'Shea must do their duty and plan for the future of course - not blaming them, but maybe America should have been just taken off the list this Autumn (pre-WC year) or not put on it at all.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 30 Oct 2018, 10:19 am

ps...that's not to say the people who DO turn up might experience one heck of a game! If it opens up - as 'lesser' games tend to do... there could be fireworks.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 30 Oct 2018, 10:34 am

Its not that weakened a team from Ireland there Fly. Its a decent team for me.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 30 Oct 2018, 10:43 am

eirebilly wrote:Its not that weakened a team from Ireland there Fly. Its a decent team for me.

Not in real terms as in playing ability (as I already alluded to) but for casual Americans that have a rough idea about sides and who famous players are.... it might be the difference between Portugal with Ronaldo or without him. One is probably box office, the other is...........hmmm, I'll pass on that game.
O'Brien, Murray, POM, Kearney and Sexton is quite a big hole in the box office draw.

Oh anyway...just a thought..... promise I won't lose sleep over it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 30 Oct 2018, 10:57 am

I agree Fly, there are not the 'box office' players in the team but the people that know rugby will know the players in the team and the people that don't, well it wont make much difference to them.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 30 Oct 2018, 11:24 am

Sure Joe will be there of course...and he's a bigger star than any of them anyway Wink To see Joe sipping from a waterbottle in the stands is worth the price of the ticket. He'll be Sainted in 70 or 80 years... when Ireland have dropped to 33rd in the rankings......... Run

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Thu 01 Nov 2018, 9:43 am

Team due to be announced this evening

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 01 Nov 2018, 7:03 pm

15. Jordan Larmour (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 6
14. Andrew Conway (Garryowen/Munster) 7
13. Garry Ringrose (UCD/Leinster) 14
12. Bundee Aki (Galwegians/Connacht) 9
11. Jacob Stockdale (Ballynahinch/Ulster) 11
10. Joey Carbery (Clontarf/Munster) 12
9. Luke McGrath (UCD/Leinster) 6
1. Jack McGrath (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 50
2. Niall Scannell (Dolphin/Munster) 9
3. Andrew Porter (UCD/Leinster) 8
4. Tadhg Beirne (Munster) 2
5. Quinn Roux (Galwegians/Connacht) 6
6. Rhys Ruddock (St Mary's College/Leinster) 19 captain
7. Josh van der Flier (UCD/Leinster) 10
8. Jack Conan (Old Belvedere/Leinster) 9

Replacements
16. Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 62
17. Dave Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster) 22
18. Finlay Bealham (Buccaneers/Connacht) 7
19. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster) 60
20. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Ulster) 23
21. John Cooney (Terenure College/Ulster) 2
22. Ross Byrne (UCD/Leinster) *
23. Will Addison (Enniskillen/Ulster) *
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 01 Nov 2018, 9:37 pm

Dicey Team actually.............. who would'a thought that we might be waiting on Toner to come on to give some 'leadership' if those starters get confused and O'Shea's lads prove resourceful and problematic.

Potential to cut loose is there of course but they can't afford to let Italy get the better start and put some space between them and us on the scoreboard.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 01 Nov 2018, 10:42 pm

Italy are cack. Ireland must be looking for 20+ surely?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 02 Nov 2018, 9:13 am

A lot of talk about Will Addison, interested to see how he gets on.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 03 Nov 2018, 9:58 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:A lot of talk about Will Addison, interested to see how he gets on.
... probably as a sub unless someone pulls up in the warmup Smile

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 03 Nov 2018, 12:34 pm

The IRFU must be seriously cashing in with this game, otherwise I really don't see the point. Very hard to get excited for this game.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Sat 03 Nov 2018, 3:11 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:The IRFU must be seriously cashing in with this game, otherwise I really don't see the point. Very hard to get excited for this game.

Yeah agreed it must be financial. Looking forward to it all the same

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 03 Nov 2018, 8:18 pm

is the Ireland v Italy game on tv? cannot find a channel any ware?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 03 Nov 2018, 8:20 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:is the Ireland v Italy game on tv? cannot find a channel any ware?
It's on Eir sport 2 and also live on their youtube channel

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Sat 03 Nov 2018, 8:28 pm

https://youtu.be/hyMC8AqnOCk

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 03 Nov 2018, 8:36 pm

just tried to get it on you tube but says video not avalible.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Sat 03 Nov 2018, 8:39 pm

The link i just posted works

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 03 Nov 2018, 8:43 pm

Ireland struggling against a half-interested Italy. What is a point of this game?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Sat 03 Nov 2018, 8:52 pm

Not the first time McGrath has thrown an intercept. Poor.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Maine man Sat 03 Nov 2018, 8:53 pm

It was Ruddock with the intercept pass. Its been tough to watch so far.

Maine man

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Sat 03 Nov 2018, 8:58 pm

Was it? Oops

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next